• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Most talented kid in 4a?

Started by Lavar ball 45, December 05, 2017, 12:38:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Panther4life

I believe there is a lot of talented kids over looked because of what school they go too.  A lot of school don't put all the stats in either. 
Prime example....Jacob Bremmon from Heber Springs leads the state in interceptions(13).  He played both sides of the ball and special teams.  He has over 1300 receiving yards but those stats where never entered.  He also has 10 TD 3 from kickoff return.  I'm not even sure how many solo tackles he has because defense stats aren't kept. 
I'm sure there are several other players just like Jacob who are over looked because stats aren't in. 
4A has a lot of talent that's for sure!!

STUNNA

Burks has 15 touchdowns in the 4 playoff games so far with one left... last year in 15
Games he had 17 totaltouchdowns. If my math is correct he is at 39 touchdowns total this season. Which has to be close to single season record for a Warren player.

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: STUNNA on December 07, 2017, 08:37:28 am
Burks has 15 touchdowns in the 4 playoff games so far with one left... last year in 15
Games he had 17 totaltouchdowns. If my math is correct he is at 39 touchdowns total this season. Which has to be close to single season record for a Warren player.
In average of 3 td's per game this season!! Wow!!!

pearidgedaddy

STUNNA

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on December 07, 2017, 09:33:17 am
In average of 3 td's per game this season!! Wow!!!
almost 4 a game in the playoffs. Wonder what playoff record for touchdowns is?

prHOG13

Quote from: Redlinebacker32 on December 06, 2017, 09:54:36 pm
Definitely two really talented athletes. Any word on next level opportunities?
Winn is officially visiting Pitt State this weekend, and has 11 offers to date.

Holtgrewe has one offer at the moment from Henderson State, hopeful he can get more in the next couple weeks.

Nacho

Quote from: prHOG13 on December 07, 2017, 01:54:00 pm
Winn is officially visiting Pitt State this weekend, and has 11 offers to date.

Holtgrewe has one offer at the moment from Henderson State, hopeful he can get more in the next couple weeks.

He doesn't need any more...HSU can be his home ;) love our Reddies

Csa17

He may not b the best in the state but cade Gartman from trumann runs really hard and deserves to b mentioned look at some of his footage u will b impressed he literally runs overy people

Overdahill

Quote from: Panther4life on December 07, 2017, 08:25:19 am
I believe there is a lot of talented kids over looked because of what school they go too.  A lot of school don't put all the stats in either. 
Prime example....Jacob Bremmon from Heber Springs leads the state in interceptions(13).  He played both sides of the ball and special teams.  He has over 1300 receiving yards but those stats where never entered.  He also has 10 TD 3 from kickoff return.  I'm not even sure how many solo tackles he has because defense stats aren't kept. 
I'm sure there are several other players just like Jacob who are over looked because stats aren't in. 

too bad a student can't get special project credit for keeping stats. It's really nice stuff to have  useful too. Might be able to pull it from huddle or whatever software and not even have to go attend every game

prHOG13

Quote from: Nacho on December 07, 2017, 02:02:10 pm
He doesn't need any more...HSU can be his home ;) love our Reddies
Talked to him tonight. There's a good chance that happens. We'll see how the last two months go before NSD in February

If he does, you'll be getting a good one.

Qhcaoc

December 08, 2017, 09:11:31 am #60 Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 12:46:12 pm by Qhcaoc

He wasn't even close to being the best player on the field against Gosnell

Rugman15

December 08, 2017, 10:04:19 am #61 Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 10:23:46 am by Rugman15
Bradley Wright is an outstanding player...

Pea Ridge player, would work great in the Arkansas offensive system now!

Oldbadger

Someone in the know give me personal stats on Burke, height, weight, 40 time.

hogfan10

Quote from: Oldbadger on December 08, 2017, 11:23:20 am

According to Hooten's 6'2", 215, ?.

Panther4life

Quote from: Qhcaoc on December 08, 2017, 09:11:31 am
He wasn't even close to being the player on the field against Gosnell
One game doesn't mean he didn't have a good season or isn't talented.  Gosnell did a great job of keeping the ball away from him.  Which was smart on their part.  When he did get the ball he always made a 1st down.  Gosenll only passed the ball a few times and it was always away from him.  Like I said one game doesn't take away all he did this season.

STUNNA

Quote from: Oldbadger on December 08, 2017, 11:23:20 am

I'd say around 6'4 220... and would guess in the 4.5-4.6 range.

hogfan10

Quote from: STUNNA on December 08, 2017, 12:00:49 pm
I'd say around 6'4 220... and would guess in the 4.5-4.6 range.

You'd know better than I.
I misquoted Hooten's by the way, they list him at 6'3", 215. I said 6'2".

Qhcaoc

Quote from: Panther4life on December 08, 2017, 11:46:50 am
One game doesn't mean he didn't have a good season or isn't talented.  Gosnell did a great job of keeping the ball away from him.  Which was smart on their part.  When he did get the ball he always made a 1st down.  Gosenll only passed the ball a few times and it was always away from him.  Like I said one game doesn't take away all he did this season.

Not saying he didnt have are good season he, he had a great season just not one of the most talented kids in 4a.

Qhcaoc

Did he make all state?

Panther4life

Quote from: Qhcaoc on December 08, 2017, 12:57:24 pm
Did he make all state?
r There awards aren't given until January so we don't know who made all state or all conference in Heber yet.  I would bet he did make all state!

Oldbadger

Triple A website will have the All Staters.

RZback

Sounds like the coach needs to find a statistician.

Oldbadger

Bishop from Ashdown is the best in the state.

STUNNA

Quote from: Oldbadger on December 08, 2017, 03:26:30 pm
Bishop from Ashdown is the best in the state.

He's a good one. Hope Arkansas can find a way to get him.

prHOG13

Quote from: STUNNA on December 08, 2017, 05:30:34 pm
He's a good one. Hope Arkansas can find a way to get him.
Lunney visited him at school today and Ark is doing an in-home this weekend

richboy

Quote from: BP74 on December 06, 2017, 09:54:43 am
I know it remains to be seen, but I think Burks will dominate even on SEC level. Noland may as well, possibly football and baseball for him.
lol! Nah he only had 98 yards his last game. Thats not domination. So far i havent seen a kid from 4a dominate sec yet alone start on the field. Best i seen is hunter henry from pa

STUNNA

Quote from: richboy on December 09, 2017, 01:24:34 am
lol! Nah he only had 98 yards his last game. Thats not domination. So far i havent seen a kid from 4a dominate sec yet alone start on the field. Best i seen is hunter henry from pa
I'd say you had a clue as Henry was a stud, but he isn't a former 4A player.

Overdahill

Quote from: STUNNA on December 09, 2017, 03:51:34 am

I'd say you had a clue as Henry was a stud, but he isn't a former 4A player.

Actually he played in 4A his Soph and Jr years when PA was runner up the Shiloh in 2010 and the 4A champs in 2011. PA moved back to 5A in 2012

Overdahill

Prime example....Jacob Bremmon from Heber Springs leads the state in interceptions(13). He played both sides of the ball and special teams.  He has over 1300 receiving yards but those stats where never entered.  He also has 10 TD 3 from kickoff return.  I'm not even sure how many solo tackles he has because defense stats aren't kept. 

I looked on Maxpreps and 13 picks would be tied for first nationally

SUGARTOWN

You haven't seen a kid from 4A start on an SEC team? The Hogs had 2 just last year.

STUNNA

Quote from: Overdahill on December 09, 2017, 07:59:34 am
Actually he played in 4A his Soph and Jr years when PA was runner up the Shiloh in 2010 and the 4A champs in 2011. PA moved back to 5A in 2012

This is correct. Well he can't be that good he only had 86 yards receiving against warren his senior year.. lol... or maybe that's just Arkadelphia fans think.. lol

Digger#23

Dabbs from Bauxite.
McDowell from Bauxite.

BM22

You're joking, right? Darren McFadden played for Oak Grove  (Maumelle) back in 2004 when the Hornets were in 4A and those studs from Warren played in 4A: J. Wright, Gragg and Childs. Those were dominate players both in high school and at Ark in the SEC, not to mention their success in the NFL.

STUNNA

Quote from: BM22 on December 09, 2017, 09:09:26 am
You're joking, right? Darren McFadden played for Oak Grove  (Maumelle) back in 2004 when the Hornets were in 4A and those studs from Warren played in 4A: J. Wright, Gragg and Childs. Those were dominate players both in high school and at Ark in the SEC, not to mention their success in the NFL.

Hammonds from Robinson has also had some success at Arkansas. I look for him to definitely have an impact with the new coaching staff.

BM22

Quote from: STUNNA on December 09, 2017, 09:15:00 am
Hammonds from Robinson has also had some success at Arkansas. I look for him to definitely have an impact with the new coaching staff.
I agree. I hope Morris builds a tall recruiting fence around the state. Hogs are always at their best when we get the majority of our top instate talent. Hope Burks is a future Razorback. 

AirWarren

1. Jarius Wright.
2. Greg Childs.
3. Chris Gragg
4. Joe Adams.
5. DJ Williams.
6. Joe Adams.
7. TJ Hammonds.
8. Austin Capps(lots of quality PT this year)

Credibility really tanked with this comment.

STUNNA

Child's would have been a first round pick if it wasn't for a knee injury.

BM22

Quote from: Digger#23 on December 09, 2017, 09:08:30 am
Dabbs from Bauxite.
McDowell from Bauxite.
Lol.... man, I think you posted on the wrong thread.

Digger#23

Why do you say that?  Im just mentioning other very good players in the 4A. 

Digger#23

Why do you say that?  Im just mentioning other very good players in the 4A. 

Panther4life

Quote from: Overdahill on December 09, 2017, 08:03:45 am
I looked on Maxpreps and 13 picks would be tied for first nationally
Yes he's tied nationally.  I believe he's listed 3rd on the list.  He had 6 picks last year making his career a total of 19. 

OLDSCHOOL82

Also...he never was crazy good, but how many games did Liddell from dollarway start?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 09, 2017, 12:28:15 pm
Also...he never was crazy good, but how many games did Liddell from dollarway start?

He started most of them. Johnny Gibson from Dumas started a few on the OL this year as well.

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

Quote from: AirWarren on December 09, 2017, 09:50:29 am
1. Jarius Wright.
2. Greg Childs.
3. Chris Gragg
4. Joe Adams.
5. DJ Williams.
6. Joe Adams.
7. TJ Hammonds.
8. Austin Capps(lots of quality PT this year)

Credibility really tanked with this comment.

Yeah, might do richboy good to simply remain silent after that. What an insane comment on his comment. There are 4A players in the NFL for crying out loud.

Mr. Mercer

You'll find that richboy likes to talk a lot. Or make excuses. He's good at both

PiratePride03

Were any of y'all ever on the field with McFadden in high school?  I was.   Hands down the best player I was ever on the field with.  That's saying a lot because PA was in our conference too! Dude was such a monster,  and so so fast.   Once he broke through the line, he was untouchable.  It's cool to watch him on TV though and be able to tell my daughters that daddy played football with him.

nastynice

Burks, then there's everyone else!  He's very talented and a football player. Put those together and you have something special.

polksalet

Burks is the second most famous kid in Warren tonight.

Nacho

snoopy22

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas