• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batesville at P.A.

Started by Intelligentsia, November 21, 2014, 11:36:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Intelligentsia

November 21, 2014, 11:36:01 pm Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 11:41:21 pm by Intelligentsia
Will P.A. avenge the 2012 upset loss to the Pioneers, or will the Pioneers steal another from the Bruins on their home turf?   I'll predict a closer game than in 2012.   Two very good programs with two of the best coaching staffs in the state.  As with most final 4 matchups, the win will likely go to the team with the fewest unforced errors.  I'll go with a "Homer" pick - Pioneers by 3.

PA Dad

This may well be the best game in 5A this year.

Everyone knows about the PA offense, but PA's defense is underrated.  The offense was sluggish in the CF game, but the defense played great.  The defense played well all year.

I won't hazard a prediction on this game but I am really looking forward to it.  It should be a really good game.

PA Dad

Although I'm a big PA fan, I'll call this a toss-up.  Coach Kelly will have PA psyched up to avenge the beating Batesville gave PA two years ago.  The PA defense is much better than folks think. But the PA offense will have to play much better than it did against CF to beat Batesville.  Batesville is a formidable opponent.  I'm really looking forward to the game.

hogrock

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 21, 2014, 11:36:01 pm
Will P.A. avenge the 2012 upset loss to the Pioneers, or will the Pioneers steal another from the Bruins on their home turf?   I'll predict a closer game than in 2012.   Two very good programs with two of the best coaching staffs in the state.  As with most final 4 matchups, the win will likely go to the team with the fewest unforced errors.  I'll go with a "Homer" pick - Pioneers by 3.

Not so fast my friend!  ;D

nudae58

I've seen both teams play and I have to lean towards Batesville in a close one. All the gambles and onside kicks are a hallmark of PA, I know, but I've said all along it will eventually bite them in the butt and this could be the week. You can't give Batesville that kind of field position. They are also better at clock management than anyone PA has played this year. Also a great coaching matchup. May go watch this one!

The_Pioneer

I believe PA is too much for us this season.  And they have much to avenge.  PA by 10.

Mtnview_14

Iv been waiting all post season to watch this game! Lol  I'm going to take batesville on a last second field goal :D

walkingguy72396

Any team that can put up 30 on any body they play.  Is darn hard to beat.  It will take a couple of picks for the Pioneers to pull this one out.  Which could easily happen.  Good luck down in Bruin ville.

Maynard G Krebs

Absolutely a must see game.  The stands on both sides will be packed.  The big question is on which side will WMc sit?

Overdahill

Batesville had a great game plan and execution in 2012. I assume they will have that again. It will take PAs best effort to date for them win

BigD51

I haven't been able to make it to very many games this year, but since PA isn't very far from uams... I think i can make it! I think batesville will come out on top 27-21

RD™

Pulaski Academy in a rout. Usually when Dave King faces good coaches, he is out coached even if he has the talent.

HeberFan

NeverQuit

Quote from: RDarthVader on November 22, 2014, 10:46:08 am
Pulaski Academy in a rout. Usually when Dave King faces good coaches, he is out coached even if he has the talent.

I guess 2012 is too long ago for you to remember?

MDXPHD

Quote from: NeverQuit on November 22, 2014, 10:55:18 am

I guess 2012 is too long ago for you to remember?

Yes, he must not remember.  Poor guy. I wonder if he made his way back here because ElDo owns the 6A still.

Intelligentsia

LOL!!

michael2370

Batesvilles defense has smothered every defense expect Jonesboro all year.  I see PA being no different.  What is scary about Batesville this year is there offense.  They have a great passing game.  First half of the season that was there whole offense.  Now Batesvilles run offense is playing just as well.  Well enough Greenbrier only saw a few passes.  PA will not be able to load the box.

Batesville.  38
PA.              21

HeberFan

Batesville's defense won't have a chance against PA. I would suggest the parents of Pioneer seniors go to every practice this week, then, go to the game early. It's your last week of high school football. Bittersweet time. Don't miss a second

The_Pioneer

Quote from: HeberFan on November 22, 2014, 11:44:25 am
Batesville's defense won't have a chance against PA. I would suggest the parents of Pioneer seniors go to every practice this week, then, go to the game early. It's your last week of high school football. Bittersweet time. Don't miss a second

Considering your success rate so far, you've just cursed PA to oblivion.

PA Dad

Batesville may win this game, but I don't think they can hold PA to 21 points.

The_Pioneer

I would agree with that.  This will be a scorefest.

HeberFan

Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 22, 2014, 11:46:11 am
Quote from: HeberFan on November 22, 2014, 11:44:25 am

Considering your success rate so far, you've just cursed PA to oblivion.

I have made very few game predictions this year. None of my pics have yet lost.

NeverQuit

HeberFan, I assume you're just cranky because of the rout Heber endured last night, but I'd love to hear a legitimate reason for all of the trash you're talking about Batesville.

HeberFan

Warren was dominating last night to be sure.

Just think PA has the talent and big-game experience to easily win at home. Just seen too many games where PA scores two or three times in the first quarter and the game is over. Batesville can make this a close game if they milk the clock on offense and convert some fourth downs instead of punt. Don;t see how anybody can stop PA's passing. The most underrated part of PA's team is the offensive line, which gives the quarterback plenty of time to find receivers. A few cornerback or safety blitzes might help

Chief-Chickasaw

I went to the Chicks Batesville game and the Chicks PA game. I'm leaning toward Batesville but it is a slight lean. I don't think PA's D is anything close to what Batesville has. The Chicks moved the ball on PA. We did nothing on Batesville. PA could easily win this game if Batesville comes out slow which they can do from time to time or PA gets those onside kicks. This will be a fun game to watch.
   On a side note Batesville fans need to get there early cause Blytheville filled the visitor bleachers and we have zero following.  PA will have to move buildings and add stands to accommodate the following Batesville has. Also please post a link if this game will be streamed online.

NeverQuit

Batesville fans are well aware of the PA seating situation. In 2012, we filled the visitor stands, the end zone stands and the sidelines. The PA side had lots of extra seats so they very graciously welcomed our fans to sit there as well. PA players and fans are classy.

football3223

Quote from: HeberFan on November 22, 2014, 12:06:13 pm
Warren was dominating last night to be sure.

Just think PA has the talent and big-game experience to easily win at home. Just seen too many games where PA scores two or three times in the first quarter and the game is over. Batesville can make this a close game if they milk the clock on offense and convert some fourth downs instead of punt. Don;t see how anybody can stop PA's passing. The most underrated part of PA's team is the offensive line, which gives the quarterback plenty of time to find receivers. A few cornerback or safety blitzes might help
Man you must have short term memory or something cause if mine serves me right I remember everyone saying how Wynne was gonna stomp Batesville into the ground when they were considered the biggest and baddest team in 5A. I figured everyone had learned their lesson about counting Batesville out by now. Just be assured the Neer's will come prepared and look forward to the challenge of knocking off the "#1 team in the state" again.

Wildhog14

Batesville kicker could be the biggest difference. Starting from the 20 every time is big.  And giving Batesville the ball at midfield every time will put lots of added stress on PA defense. The 2 QBs are both very well at what they do. And both staffs will have em ready. Seeing both play I think it will be a close one. PA defense is better than most think. But so is Batesville offense. I honestly don't know on this one. If it was at PA I would say them by 7, instead I'll Say they win it by 1 by going for 2 somewhere in the game. Good luck to both.

michael2370

2012 Batesville fans seriously thought about overtaking the home side to.  Bleachers way to small for what Batesville brings.  Batesville represents every week home or away. 

MDXPHD

The Future

Batesville by 14.
Close the whole game. Batesville will be up by 7 and then get a monumental turnover or stop or PA will stall or something and Batesville scores another TD late in the game to seal the deal.

The_Pioneer

W.T.H.....Future picking Batesville.  The world is ending.  Dang....

Overdahill

Exactly, consider the source

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: Wildhog14 on November 22, 2014, 12:32:57 pm
Batesville kicker could be the biggest difference. Starting from the 20 every time is big.  And giving Batesville the ball at midfield every time will put lots of added stress on PA defense. The 2 QBs are both very well at what they do. And both staffs will have em ready. Seeing both play I think it will be a close one. PA defense is better than most think. But so is Batesville offense. I honestly don't know on this one. If it was at PA I would say them by 7, instead I'll Say they win it by 1 by going for 2 somewhere in the game. Good luck to both.

Game is at PA.

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: michael2370 on November 22, 2014, 11:31:55 am
Batesvilles defense has smothered every defense expect Jonesboro all year.  I see PA being no different.  What is scary about Batesville this year is there offense.  They have a great passing game.  First half of the season that was there whole offense.  Now Batesvilles run offense is playing just as well.  Well enough Greenbrier only saw a few passes.  PA will not be able to load the box.

Batesville.  38
PA.              21

I want to see the kind of Football you watch where a defense smothers a defense.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on November 22, 2014, 03:27:44 pm
Quote from: michael2370 on November 22, 2014, 11:31:55 am

Batesville.  38
PA.              21

I want to see the kind of Football you watch where a defense smothers a defense.

It only happens in Batesville. 

The_Pioneer

Pretty sure that's impossible.

The Future

Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 22, 2014, 02:33:23 pm

I know right?!  :D
I picked them. But that don't mean I have to cheer for them!  ;)

Not saying PA can't win. If PA and Batesville played 10 times, I think PA wins 3 or 4.
Will this be one of those 3 or 4 times and PA pull the win? Maybe. It is at PA so the Bruins have the home field advantage. But Batesville is a quick and talented team as always and I believe can find a way to pull the road win. PA lives and dies by its offense. As long as Batesville recovers the onsides and matches scores with PA, they have a very very good chance of winning.

Yall proved me wrong last time and were able to take care of Wynne earlier in the season. Assuming Wynne wins next Friday, looks like yall will have to do it again. Never easy beating the same team twice in a season.

Good luck to both teams

hogrock

Quote from: The Future on November 22, 2014, 07:05:49 pm

Not saying PA can't win. If PA and Batesville played 10 times, I think PA wins 3 or 4.
Will this be one of those 3 or 4 times and PA pull the win? Maybe. It is at PA so the Bruins have the home field advantage. But Batesville is a quick and talented team as always and I believe can find a way to pull the road win. PA lives and dies by its offense. As long as Batesville recovers the onsides and matches scores with PA, they have a very very good chance of winning.

Yall proved me wrong last time and were able to take care of Wynne earlier in the season. Assuming Wynne wins next Friday, looks like yall will have to do it again. Never easy beating the same team twice in a season.

Good luck to both teams

Yep, spot on....we all know PA is weak defensively & not near physical enough to handle those grown men neer's....not near the speed in years gone by either...looks like b-ville will have their way again...heck maybe 1-2 outta ten at best.

HeberFan

Quote from: hogrock on November 22, 2014, 08:21:03 pm

Good luck to both teams

Yep, spot on....we all know PA is weak defensively & not near physical enough to handle those grown men neer's....not near the speed in years gone by either...looks like b-ville will have their way again...heck maybe 1-2 outta ten at best.

If PA and Batesville played 10 times, the Pioneers would stop playing after losing the first seven in a row.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: PA Dad on November 21, 2014, 11:44:41 pm
Although I'm a big PA fan, I'll call this a toss-up.  Coach Kelly will have PA psyched up to avenge the beating Batesville gave PA two years ago.  The PA defense is much better than folks think. But the PA offense will have to play much better than it did against CF to beat Batesville.  Batesville is a formidable opponent.  I'm really looking forward to the game.

Well said PA Dad.  Neither team should hang their head in a loss. Two 10-1 teams, Conference Camps, and in the final 4.  Great seasons IMO; the result of more hard work and sacrifice than most folks imagine.  I'm pulling for a clean game, major injury free, and the best effort by both teams.  With that, I'll be satisfied with the result - not happy in the event of a Pioneer loss, but satisfied that our boys put forth the effort to play on Thanksgiving weekend once again!!

Rampage72501

Quote from: HeberFan on November 22, 2014, 08:55:17 pm
Quote from: hogrock on November 22, 2014, 08:21:03 pm

Good luck to both teams

If PA and Batesville played 10 times, the Pioneers would stop playing after losing the first seven in a row.

PA and Batesville have played.  Pioneers lead the series 1-0.  Anything else you care to add?

HeberFan

November 22, 2014, 09:22:47 pm #42 Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 09:27:27 pm by HeberFan
j

PA Dad

The Future is much better than me.  PA and Batesville have not played this year and will not play 10 times. I do not know which one would win the most games out of ten.  No one else does either.   And, it does not matter which
one would. The only thing that matters is who wins Friday night. The winner will be the best team in this game and that settles the argument for this year.

The Future seems to be suggesting that Batesville is the better team regardless of who wins.  There is just no way to prove that other than on the field.  That will be proved Friday.  If Batesville wins, I will concede Batesville is the best team.  If PA wins, everyone else, including The Future.  Should concede that PA is the better team.

Intelligentsia

And on a more positive note.....those who read an earlier post concerning a Pioneer player who suffered a cardiac incident during practice early last week will be pleased to hear that the young man is greatly improved.  I saw a FB post of him in his bed at Children's smiling and visiting with the father of one of his teammates.  The post indicated that he was eating well - always a good sign for a high school sophomore!  What a blessing:).  Thanks for your prayers!!

PA Dad

Great news!  I always hate to hear of an injury and it's always great to hear of a good recovery.

PA Dad

Great news!  I hate to hear of an injury and I'm delighted to hear that he is recovering.

The Future

Quote from: PA Dad on November 22, 2014, 11:04:03 pm
The Future is much better than me.  PA and Batesville have not played this year and will not play 10 times. I do not know which one would win the most games out of ten.  No one else does either.   And, it does not matter which
one would. The only thing that matters is who wins Friday night. The winner will be the best team in this game and that settles the argument for this year.

The Future seems to be suggesting that Batesville is the better team regardless of who wins.  There is just no way to prove that other than on the field.  That will be proved Friday.  If Batesville wins, I will concede Batesville is the best team.  If PA wins, everyone else, including The Future.  Should concede that PA is the better team.

There are 2 ways of picking who is the better team. One is opinion and one is fact.

If Bentonville and Huntsville played 100 times and Huntsville won just 1, would anyone still object to Bentonville being the better team? They won the most games, so obviously they would be the better team. Thats how it goes in world series and world cups and basketball championships. Whoever wins the most games is the better team.
Going along with that, I bring back my original post of Batesville winning 6 or 7 and PA only winning 3 or 4. That would mean overall Batesville would be the better team.
But when stating whos the better team overall or 'best out of x games' its merely an opinion. Like you said, its played on the field. Thats when the opinions all turn to facts.

If you want a fact heres one. I've said it before and I'll say it again. In football, the best team wins most of the time. The best team
ON THAT NIGHT wins everytime. Bentonville was the better team 99 times while Huntsville would have been the better team 1 time. We can debate and have opinions all night which team would the better one. Bennie or Huntsville?? But there is no question about it in saying Bennie was the better team 99 times while Huntsville was once.

Yes I believe Batesville is the better team. Yes I believe they will beat PA and would beat PA more times than PA would beat Batesville. Thats my opinion.But this Friday will turn opinions into facts. If PA is able to pull the win, then they will be the better team on that night. And I will have absolutely no problem getting on here and giving PA their credit.

Make sense? It does in my head. But then again, I'm a few fries short of a happy meal  :D

PA Dad

It makes perfect sense to me. I understand your distinction between opinion and fact, and I agree with that. I am not trying to say that we should not express our opinions. That is part of the fun of the debate – predictions are simply fun opinions.But, of course, you recognize that your opinion can never be proven since Batesville and PA will not play more than one time.

I am curious as to what your opinion is based upon. Have you seen both Batesville and PA play?

The Future

I have not seen either team play. So yes my opinions are based on what I've seen and heard through word of mouth, highlights and updates, and what is said on Fearless.
I'm sure you've seen PA play many times this year and you'll be able to see both teams play this Friday.

I can't say which players to watch out for. I don't know who's injured. I have no inside scoops. But what I do know is both Ds are fast, talented, and hard hitting. And both offenses are different and will be able to score each their own way. You don't need a degree to see what needs to happen for this game. Can't score unless your O is on the field (for the most part). If PA keeps recovering onsides and keeps scoring then it'll be a long night for Batesville. But if PA keeps giving Batesville a short field, it might be all too easy to get a 2 or even 3 TD lead.

I remember being at PA for the Greenwood PA matchup in 2007. My senior year. One of the best atmospheres for high school football. Very intimidating yet very exciting. Greenwood that game got to feel what opponents feel when they come to Smith Robinson. Batesville is walking into a game where they will be the underdogs to a lot of people. Can they get the win?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas