• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beebe @ Hot Springs

Started by Hoghead, November 17, 2014, 01:18:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoghead

Beebe won't be able to defend Goffigan & Floyd of Hot Springs. They answered the bell against upstart LR Christian everytime. 42-28 Trojans !  The Semifinals await Hot Springs. Too much size and speed for the Beebe Badgers !

Badger dad03

I wouldn't count Beebe out so quick , they have a couple of great athletes also. And they are all healthy now and might surprise some people

stayreddie

Two teams that are big and physical and play smash mouth football. This will probably be the first game done in the state Friday night bc the clock may never stop! Couldn't ask for much more in mid November with freezing temperatures. Too close to call due to similarity of both teams...GL to all

Qhcaoc

How did Hot Springs lose to 2 4A schools and then win their conference?

wing

Quote from: Qhcaoc on November 17, 2014, 01:19:52 pm

Those are two quality 4A schools. I think HS just got a few wins under their belt and started playing really good football. They are doing what they do best and that's running the FB down peoples throats! They certainly did it to CF. They are playing right now much like Hope did at the end of the season. Beebe is going to have to make them throw it to have a chance.

Hoghead

Because Mena is pretty salty this year and Arkadelphia has played 5A football before dropping down to 4A. There's not that big of a drop in some 4A schools from 5A. Hot Springs beat 6 teams in the conference and won it. What's hard to understand about that ? Nice dig though...

Badger dad03

it seems to me both teams deserve to be there, Beebe had several injuries at the beginning of the year , but since then their offense is almost unstoppable , BBs fullback has run for over two hundred yards in the past three games , taken out at halftime in one of them and their halfback has over s hundred yards in those same games

Hoggy

MDXPHD

Those first 3 weeks of football aren't relevant as far as wins and losses go.  It's for the coaches to figure out what works and what doesn't.  It's to get better and prepare for conference.  Hot Springs probably found out quite a bit those first 3 weeks.

RamFan06

Quote from: Hoggy on November 17, 2014, 04:28:57 pm
5a south very weak this year

Still singing the same old tune. See if your singing it when Hot Springs and Fairview are still trucking along next week.

wildboy44

Quote from: RamFan06 on November 17, 2014, 04:54:18 pm

Still singing the same old tune. See if your singing it when Hot Springs and Fairview are still trucking along next week.
This Hoggy fella does not even deserve a response

Hoghead

Explain this untruth ? A very good Conference Race in the South and West. The East was no surprises. 6 teams sleepwalking into the 3 & 4 spots. The Central was won by PA back in June.  But tell me more of your South fairy tales !

Qhcaoc

I honestly don't know much about the 5A south I live in Mississippi County but I know that Camden had been tough in recent History. I have seen both Arky and Mena on film and don't seem to be world beaters. It was a honest question.

Hoghead

Quote from: Qhcaoc on November 17, 2014, 06:25:46 pm
I honestly don't know much about the 5A south I live in Mississippi County but I know that Camden had been tough in recent History. I have seen both Arky and Mena on film and don't seem to be world beaters. It was a honest question.

Camden has been good. But you have Magnolia, Hot Springs, WC, WH and Hope who have Camden Fairview type talent in the South. There's no off nights in the South. The East is two teams every year almost. Plus you have horrible teams like GCT and Paragould. Its easy to make the playoffs in the East.

Badger dad03

Beebe is number one in 5a in both rushing per game and rushing TDs , HS is second in both,it's going to be a good game just not sure why some people are assuring a HS victory , what am I missing ?

Qhcaoc

I think the top 4a teams are up this year and the 5a as a whole is down from what I have seen PA has been dominant and wynne looked like world beaters until batesville stopped them but other than those team I haven't heard of anyone else who is just head and shoulders above anyone else in 5a or the top 16 in 4a really

roy quapaw

So, Hot Springs has a running back with over 600 yards rushing in the last 2 games.  Cleo Floyd is a beast who should be popping up like a tornado on the radar of colleges across the US.  The only team with fewer pass attempts than HS is playing us.  With all due respect, I think Hot Springs wins this one 42 to  10.  And if Maumelle wins, I foresee another favorable Trojan match up.  That said, here's to a safe game, and hopefully one devoid of rain.

walkingguy72396

Beebe has been scoring about 3 TD's more per game the last 5 or so games.  Just might be too much for Hot Springs too handle.

Hoghead

November 17, 2014, 11:46:03 pm #18 Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 11:54:31 pm by Hoghead

Well, if you don't know now you do. The South wasn't weak. Here's a question for ya ? How do you guys loose to Batesville and Wynne every year ? I mean not just loose, but blowout losses ? Not just Blytheville, but the other 6 teams in the East do it too ! Wynne and Batesville are good no doubt. But if Wynne and Batesville played in the South they'd lose to other teams besides each other. That's a fact !

Also, why is your playoff record so horrible ?  2-18 all time. I mean you guys were a 1 seed in 2007 and lost to a 4 seed Vilonia in a blowout. Even when you guys FINALLY win the 5A East you go get blowed out in the playoffs !

pantherblue

Who has PA played?  Sylvan Hills? Of course PA has looked dominate. They play in the weakest conference. 5A is still just as competitive as always. It's going to be an interesting couple weeks ahead. 

Hoghead

Quote from: pantherblue on November 18, 2014, 12:03:28 am
Who has PA played?  Sylvan Hills? Of course PA has looked dominate. They play in the weakest conference. 5A is still just as competitive as always. It's going to be an interesting couple weeks ahead. 

I agree. All of the 3&4 seeds are gone now. Its a 1vs2 Friday coming up. The Elite 8 will become a final 4.

Youngsta71701

Yet we have two teams still standing in the elite 8... ???

razorcardsfan11

This will be a close one. I've got hotsprings pulling it out

Hoghead

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 17, 2014, 10:41:40 pm
Beebe has been scoring about 3 TD's more per game the last 5 or so games.  Just might be too much for Hot Springs too handle.

Too much Goffigan, too much Floyd and if the FB Rasner goes off it'll be too much Hot Springs Trojans for Beebe !!!! The Trojans are dropping off almost 50 points a game these last two games.

Qhcaoc

Quote from: Hoghead on November 17, 2014, 11:46:03 pm

Well, if you don't know now you do. The South wasn't weak. Here's a question for ya ? How do you guys loose to Batesville and Wynne every year ? I mean not just loose, but blowout losses ? Not just Blytheville, but the other 6 teams in the East do it too ! Wynne and Batesville are good no doubt. But if Wynne and Batesville played in the South they'd lose to other teams besides each other. That's a fact !

Also, why is your playoff record so horrible ?  2-18 all time. I mean you guys were a 1 seed in 2007 and lost to a 4 seed Vilonia in a blowout. Even when you guys FINALLY win the 5A East you go get blowed out in the playoffs !

Honestly I think those programs have a big psychological advantage over blytheville for some reason I moved here in 2010 from up north and even in the years blytheville could compete with those teams physically they were mentally beat before the coin flip. Blytheville always has a solid Jr high team but for a variety of reasons has not been at the top of that conference in senior high since before I moved here. Blytheville has many issues to resolve as a community and a school before they can consistently become a player in the 5a or the 4a if their numbers continue to decline with the new kipp delta school going k-12 next year.

Hoghead

What is Kipp Delta ? Don't they have one in Helena too ?

walkingguy72396

Increased scoring for a one seed first round, I would not read too much into that.

Qhcaoc

Quote from: Hoghead on November 18, 2014, 12:22:21 pm

It is a private public school that goes 6 days a week and is free. They have one in Helena and one in Blytheville plus all over the US. The one in blytheville is actually starting sports programs I dont think they will be competitive but they will take numbers from them and probably eventually end up with them becoming a member of the 3-4a

Hoghead

Quote from: Qhcaoc on November 18, 2014, 12:48:59 pm
Quote from: Hoghead on November 18, 2014, 12:22:21 pm

It is a private public school that goes 6 days a week and is free. They have one in Helena and one in Blytheville plus all over the US. The one in blytheville is actually starting sports programs I dont think they will be competitive but they will take numbers from them and probably eventually end up with them becoming a member of the 3-4a
Good deal ! Blytheville can play better as a 4A school.

Qhcaoc

the 3-4a need them talk about a 3 horse race now that Valley View moved up it may only be a 2 horse race some years

Lionheart88

Quote from: Hoghead on November 17, 2014, 07:36:33 pm

Camden has been good. But you have Magnolia, Hot Springs, WC, WH and Hope who have Camden Fairview type talent in the South. There's no off nights in the South. The East is two teams every year almost. Plus you have horrible teams like GCT and Paragould. Its easy to make the playoffs in the East.
DeQueen, arguably.

fbbb22

Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 18, 2014, 02:52:03 pm

DeQueen, arguably.

Didn't you guys almost lose to DeQueen....... They beat Magnolia too I believe.

Hoghead

Quote from: fbbb22 on November 18, 2014, 04:17:08 pm

DeQueen, arguably.
Like I said.....no off nights in the South.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: Badger dad03 on November 17, 2014, 09:03:50 am
I wouldn't count Beebe out so quick , they have a couple of great athletes also. And they are all healthy now and might surprise some people
I hope you are right!

Uncle Ivan

Their conference was extremely weak.

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 18, 2014, 05:03:23 pm

Says those who play in the weakest 5A conference in the state. The 5A East isnt really a conference though.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on November 18, 2014, 07:33:30 pm

Says those who play in the weakest 5A conference in the state. 

The South, like I said.

Amusing how they came a red frog hair's width of being swept.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 18, 2014, 05:03:23 pm

Says those who play in the weakest 5A conference in the state. The 5A East isnt really a conference though.
At least they are still playing...conference or no conference.......while ya'll are serving hot dogs at the basketball games!

InYoGrill

BB gonna punish. 400 yards rushing and 6td's.

BB 44 Troj's 42

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 18, 2014, 07:47:12 pm

Says those who play in the weakest 5A conference in the state. 

The South, like I said.

Amusing how they came a red frog hair's width of being swept.

Amusing that close only counts in dancing & kissing. The South has never had a #1 seed lose to a #4 seed. BUT the East has !!!!!! The South has also had a #4 seed beat a #1 seed. Stop crying about almost. Almost didnt happen. :)

Lionheart88

November 19, 2014, 12:05:32 am #40 Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 12:08:06 am by Lionheart88

DeQueen, arguably.

It was close for a while, but we started pulling away early in the third quarter and won by 15.  Magnolia is why I said 'arguably'.  DeQueen's beaten them twice in the past three years, but is winless against every other team in conference.

stayreddie

Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 19, 2014, 12:05:32 am

DeQueen, arguably.

It was close for a while, but we started pulling away early in the third quarter and won by 15.  Magnolia is why I said 'arguably'.  DeQueen's beaten them twice in the past three years, but is winless against every other team in conference.

No off nights in 5a South is a fact!! I don't think any team comes into any season and circles any conference game as a W...even DeQueen..their record the past 2 seasons does not show how close a lot of their games have been, including late in games..nonetheless, great programs in all conferences in 5a but top to bottom the South takes the cake for strength of schedule hands down...GO CF!!

walkingguy72396

As far as I can tell, in the last 3 to 4 years.  Once you the South gets thier 3 and 4 teams into the play-offs.  They get smacked around just like the Easts 3 and 4 do.  Which to me means that some other team other than CF might win the South.  But the 3-8 teams are the same caliber as the Easts 3-4 teams.

2011 White Hall 36 PA 50
2012 White Hall 7 wynne 35
2013 White Hall 28 Greenbrier 36

2011 CF maybe best in the state
2012 CF same
2013 CF same

2011, Watson Chapel vs Silvan Hills 51-21
        Watson Chapel vs Beebe, not thought of as apower house, loses 54-28 to the weak east.

2012 Watson Chapel vs  Wynne 35-7
2013  Watson Chapel VS PA 50-36
2014 Watson Cahpel vs 28 Greenbrier 36

2011 hope no show
2012 no show
2013 good team
2014 no show

2011 white hall and hot springs lake side, split, guess hot springs lakeside was decent.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 19, 2014, 09:06:30 am
As far as I can tell, in the last 3 to 4 years.  Once you the South gets thier 3 and 4 teams into the play-offs.  They get smacked around just like the Easts 3 and 4 do.  Which to me means that some other team other than CF might win the South.  But the 3-8 teams are the same caliber as the Easts 3-4 teams.

2011 White Hall 36 PA 50

2012 CF same
2013 CF same

Watson Chapel vs Beebe, not thought of as apower house, loses 54-28 to the weak east.

2011 hope no show
2012 no show
2013 good team
2014 no show

2011 white hall and hot springs lake side, split, guess hot springs lakeside was decent.
O but Hope is so good.....how could this be....lol

SWAT524

Hoghead

November 19, 2014, 11:40:12 am #45 Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 11:53:13 am by Hoghead
Quote from: #1jacketfan on November 19, 2014, 10:28:25 am

2011 White Hall 36 PA 50

2012 CF same
2013 CF same

2011 hope no show
2012 no show
2013 good team
2014 no show

Quiet ! The East is so bad Wynne took a 4 spot with a 3-7 record just a few years ago !!!
Not to mention your #1 seed was undefeated and lost to #4 !!

Qhcaoc

November 19, 2014, 12:10:28 pm #46 Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 07:45:41 pm by Qhcaoc
I didn't mean to spark a huge debate here

#1jacketfan

Quote from: Hoghead on November 19, 2014, 11:40:12 am
Quote from: #1jacketfan on November 19, 2014, 10:28:25 am

2011 White Hall 36 PA 50

2012 CF same
2013 CF same

2011 hope no show
2012 no show
2013 good team
2014 no show

Quiet ! The East is so bad Wynne took a 4 spot with a 3-7 record just a few years ago !!!
Not to mention your #1 seed was undefeated and lost to #4 !!
He was pointing out how bad Hope is in the South....they dont bring anything to the table  for the South.....kinda like having GCT in your conference....everybody has those weak teams in the conference....you just roll over em and keep going!

Lionheart88

2011 White Hall 36 PA 50

2012 CF same
2013 CF same

2011 hope no show
2012 no show
2013 good team
2014 no show

I'm not sure about everyone else, but those are wrong for WH.  You seem to have given us Chapel's results.  In 2011 we beat Blytheville and Lakeside at our place before losing at Batesville in the semis.  In 2012 we beat Forrest City at home before getting thumped at PA in the quarters.  Last year we lost at Mills in a game that was close until the final minutes (our last two drives ended in back to back pick-6s, so the final score looks worse than it was).

#1jacketfan

Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 19, 2014, 01:32:43 pm

2011 White Hall 36 PA 50

2012 CF same
2013 CF same

2011 hope no show
2012 no show
2013 good team
2014 no show

I'm not sure about everyone else, but those are wrong for WH.  You seem to have given us Chapel's results.  In 2011 we beat Blytheville and Lakeside at our place before losing at Batesville in the semis.  In 2012 we beat Forrest City at home before getting thumped at PA in the quarters.  Last year we lost at Mills in a game that was close until the final minutes (our last two drives ended in back to back pick-6s, so the final score looks worse than it was).
In 2012 Wynne thumped WC not WH

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas