• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Previewing Class 5A in Cycle 6C (2016-2018)

Started by x14113, November 15, 2014, 01:07:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

x14113

November 15, 2014, 01:07:29 pm Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 11:14:56 am by x14113
Just one week into the playoffs, and folks are already buzzing over how the high school landscape will change in two years.

Thanks to the timing of required data, this landscape is all but set.

I've been crunching the numbers provided at the ADE Data website, and I have a pretty good idea as to where most schools will end up. The website is below, for those that wish to check out the numbers themselves.

https://adedata.arkansas.gov/statewide/

Class 5A will be rather busy next cycle, especially at the upper cutoff. I detailed all the possibilities on the 6A board, but I'll keep it pretty simple here.

If nothing happens by 2016:
--Maumelle moves up
--LR Parkview moves down

If Bentonville West starts varsity play in 2016:
--Alma moves down

If North Pulaski shuts down, merges fully with Jacksonville:
--Maumelle remains

If NP closes, students split between Jax and Sylvan Hills:
--Greenwood could move down (depends on ratio)

So, up to three schools could find themselves moving down to 5A in two years, with another's attempt to move up potentially thwarted.

On the other end, it's a bit more quiet, but no less impactful, as all potential changes are tied to the big shifts. Morrilton and Huntsville are hovering around the cutoff, and both schools could be in either class depending on what happens.

Chief_Osceola™

A lot of which way Maumelle goes will depend on the bussing situation. I'm not sure if it has been resolved or if it's still in limbo.

x14113

It looks like the busing issue has already tempered numbers in Maumelle, dropping enrollment below 800 this year.

Also, is anyone in Maumelle campaigning for the school to make like Jax and break off into its own thing? I remember that being mentioned here a time or two.

Chief_Osceola™

war cardinals

Why does it keep changing every 2 yrs leave it alone their definitely needs to be some changes especially in some classifications 2or 3 wins and they make the playoffs Camden HG for example they beat drew central and gen central won 2 conference games and made playoffs i think that's ridiculous and I've seen worse like a 0-10 team make the playoffs in 6A in the past i could go on and on but my opinion 6A and 7A should be playing each other in playoffs The 6A south win state almost every yr

blue4hire

Quote from: x14113 on November 16, 2014, 12:18:32 pm
It looks like the busing issue has already tempered numbers in Maumelle, dropping enrollment below 800 this year.

Also, is anyone in Maumelle campaigning for the school to make like Jax and break off into its own thing? I remember that being mentioned here a time or two.
When the judge ruled on the deseg case, his ruling included a provision that no district other than Jacksonville may be formed from the existing PCSSD until the entire district is declared unitary.  So, the Sherwood and Maumelle initiatives are moot until the good old folks in the PCSSD administration get things on track.  It has only been 30+ years.......

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas