• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LOOK FOR THE SOUTH TO PULL OUT THE BROOM

Started by GhostofRosswoodCC, November 12, 2014, 11:02:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GhostofRosswoodCC

;D ;D
Look for the South Division to pull out the old broom and sweep the first round of the playoffs.   As much as it pains me to say, I even think Watson Crapel will win their game,

Thoughts about White Hall and who wins the 5A
White Hall is the coin flip team of the 5A, flip a coin and figure out which team will show up.  The team that beat Hot Springs and should have beat Camden Fairview or the team that lost to less than talented and coached teams like Watson Crapel and Hope.  One thing is for sure, Kirk Baugh and Daniel Sprinkle are the wild cards and these kids could help White Hall pull some upsets.

Wynne will take home the Title this year and the CITY WITH A SMILE will be smiling.  They have the best all arouund talent and their loss to Batesville THIS YEAR was a fluke.

God Bless Our Troops and Have a nice day!!!!

michael2370

InYoGrill

Sweep??? You will be eating crow in the worst way after Friday like you usually do on here. Haha....

#1jacketfan

mijally

Considering the West has won what maybe 6 of the last 10 titles I'd say it's not very likely at all. It's more likely the East won't win anything since they haven't in 10 yrs right?

#1jacketfan

Well one thing for certain...it won't be any team from the West!

mijally

You're not that smart. Only time will tell.

#1jacketfan

Don't have to be very smart to know that...

mijally

You don't have to be smart to say it. Just like you said Wynne over Batesville. Lol

#1jacketfan

I may not be a smart man but mama always said the West hardly ever wins...lol

MDXPHD

Quote from: mijally on November 12, 2014, 12:52:22 pm
Considering the West has won what maybe 6 of the last 10 titles I'd say it's not very likely at all. It's more likely the East won't win anything since they haven't in 10 yrs right?

Don't bring Greenwood into this.  They don't count.  ;)

Youngsta71701

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 12, 2014, 02:09:09 pm

LOL...I was thinking the same thing.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: GhostofRosswoodCC on November 12, 2014, 11:02:13 am
;D ;D
Look for the South Division to pull out the old broom and sweep the first round of the playoffs.   As much as it pains me to say, I even think Watson Crapel will win their game,

Thoughts about White Hall and who wins the 5A
White Hall is the coin flip team of the 5A, flip a coin and figure out which team will show up.  The team that beat Hot Springs and should have beat Camden Fairview or the team that lost to less than talented and coached teams like Watson Crapel and Hope.  One thing is for sure, Kirk Baugh and Daniel Sprinkle are the wild cards and these kids could help White Hall pull some upsets.

Wynne will take home the Title this year and the CITY WITH A SMILE will be smiling.  They have the best all arouund talent and their loss to Batesville THIS YEAR was a fluke.

God Bless Our Troops and Have a nice day!!!!

Ghost, this wouldn't surprise me at all.

Intelligentsia

Ghost, did you watch the Wynne/Batesville game?  A fluke? I don't believe so!   The game was played at Wynne and was just a great game against two pretty good teams.  IMO, Batesville coaches found and exploited Wynne's weaknesses.  If you base your opinion on the idea that Wynne has more natural talent and speed, it simply doesn't matter.  If Batesville's record over the past 10 years depended on exceptional speed and talent, they would have been lucky to have made the semis twice, and no better than the semis.  I guess Batesville making it to the finals the past three years is a fluke, as well?  Batesville lives on working harder, playing smarter, and coaches that quite simply out-coach the opposing coach IMO.  When they come up against very superior and well coached teams - Greenwood 2011 and CF 2012, they just get beat. 

mijally

Oh yes they do. West is West. What's the count without them?  South 2 everyone else 1?

Intelligentsia

Ghost, BTW, I called a South sweep weeks ago.  I since revised to call the Maumelle game a toss up.  I hope I'm wrong, but that's just the way I see it.

MDXPHD

Quote from: mijally on November 12, 2014, 02:23:13 pm

Oh yes they do. West is West. What's the count without them?  South 2 everyone else 1?

They were in their own conference for all of those years.  It's much more even when you exclude them.  You don't want them back in the West or the 5A I'm sure ha. 

mijally

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 12, 2014, 02:21:18 pm
Ghost, did you watch the Wynne/Batesville game?  A fluke? I don't believe so!   The game was played at Wynne and was just a great game against two pretty good teams.  IMO, Batesville coaches found and exploited Wynne's weaknesses.  If you base your opinion on the idea that Wynne has more natural talent and speed, it simply doesn't matter.  If Batesville's record over the past 10 years depended on exceptional speed and talent, they would have been lucky to have made the semis twice, and no better than the semis.  I guess Batesville making it to the finals the past three years is a fluke, as well?  Batesville lives on working harder, playing smarter, and coaches that quite simply out-coach the opposing coach IMO.  When they come up against very superior and well coached teams - Greenwood 2011 and CF 2012, they just get beat.
You forgot Morrilton 2013

mijally

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 12, 2014, 02:31:33 pm
Quote from: mijally on November 12, 2014, 02:23:13 pm

They were in their own conference for all of those years.  It's much more even when you exclude them.  You don't want them back in the West or the 5A I'm sure ha.
No thank you very much

#1jacketfan

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 12, 2014, 02:21:18 pm
I sure hope Wynne gets another shot at em!

Uncle Ivan

Well, we're doomed.

Intelligentsia

Mijally, I'm still in therapy working out my issues with the last game last season:)

MDXPHD

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 12, 2014, 03:10:32 pm

Well, we're doomed.

If you don't acknowledge it then maybe the jinx of Ghost won't happen.  Just pretend he didn't say anything about Wynne.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 12, 2014, 03:13:52 pm
Mijally, I'm still in therapy working out my issues with the last game last season:)

Does the therapy involve trips to the liquor store in Bradford?

MDXPHD

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 12, 2014, 03:15:34 pm

Does the therapy involve trips to the liquor store in Bradford?

Elgin or Newport.

mijally

I understand. I'm 1 loss away from the therapist couch myself. :)

PercussionMan

Look for the South Division to pull out the old broom and sweep the first round of the playoffs.

Don't quit your day job.  The West might just take a broom and smack the South upside their heads with it!  Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me for either conference to win 3 of the 4.

Chief_Osceola™

Well, we're doomed.

LOL is this like the SI cover jinx?  That one never fails.

Go Postal

SOUTH

WEST

Thanks Ghost, I would also think that Uncle Ivan would have done more pics by now. ;)

InYoGrill

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 12, 2014, 07:30:55 pm

Well, we're doomed.

LOL is this like the SI cover jinx?  That one never fails.

I'll call it, West wins 3 of 4 against the south fillies. Be glad to feed you south of the river folks ;D some smoked greasy crow cakes, haha....

;D ;D ;D
SEC WEST- Ghost fool.

Go Postal

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 12, 2014, 08:39:22 pm

Nice Grill, spewed my drink, have to clean my computer off now.  Trying to type through tears of laughter.  Thanks. ;D

InYoGrill

******RED ALERT *****More south park FF crew spotted with their sweeping brooms.

InYoGrill

Got quiet on here after the broom references, lol!

I change my prediction to an all out sweep of the south by the WEST.

Safe travels all,

Grill

Temprees

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 14, 2014, 11:24:46 am

Safe travels all,

Grill
Hmmm.  Interested in a wager, or just typical "West" chatter?

Lionheart88

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 14, 2014, 11:24:46 am

Safe travels all,

Grill
The South is more likely to sweep the West than vice versa, but neither is likely.

Intelligentsia

Just like I said, the West is awsome ;D.  Surprised me - good for the West.

PercussionMan

Well, we all saw what happened last night.  I looked at scores a few times during play, and the West was actually leading the South in all four games a couple times.  Looks like the West actually had a shot to pull off the sweep for a while before the South rose to the occasion.  No upsets in the first round...didn't really see that happening...I expected at least one upset somewhere.  Oh well...on to round two...this is where we find out how strong the #1 and #2 seeds are from each conference against each other.  Should be interesting.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: PercussionMan on November 15, 2014, 08:46:32 am
Well, we all saw what happened last night.  I looked at scores a few times during play, and the West was actually leading the South in all four games a couple times.  Looks like the West actually had a shot to pull off the sweep for a while before the South rose to the occasion.  No upsets in the first round...didn't really see that happening...I expected at least one upset somewhere.  Oh well...on to round two...this is where we find out how strong the #1 and #2 seeds are from each conference against each other.  Should be interesting.

The same could be argued for the South with the 3 & 4 seed just points away from making it a south sweep.  Appears to me it was just a pretty even night all around with only a couple blow outsaamong the 8 games.

PercussionMan

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 15, 2014, 08:52:08 am

The same could be argued for the South with the 3 & 4 seed just points away from making it a south sweep.  Appears to me it was just a pretty even night all around with only a couple blow outsaamong the 8 games.

I realize that...my point in posting that was in response to the stupidity shown in the original post in this thread, which basically was down playing the West.  I know that the South has been down played some this season on the boards, so now with all #1 and #2 seeds left, we'll find out who is really good, and who is not as good.  Looks like CF and Hot Springs had to play from behind most of their games to get to the second round...that's just what I observed from the few times I saw the scoreboard during play.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas