• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maumelle vs White Hall

Started by DaOldRef, November 09, 2014, 11:47:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DaOldRef

November 09, 2014, 11:47:08 pm Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 11:49:25 pm by DaOldRef
Watched film on WH and they are a dangerous team.  QB7 runs hard, RB1 is quick and  WR/RB18 is tall and strong.  Maumelle will have to not get out of position on defense and make the Bulldogs earn every yard.  Their FG kicker seems pretty consistent, so drives deep into Hornet territory could get them at least 3 points.  LR Christian nicked us up some but a few days rest hopefully will cure that.  As has been the case all year, the Hornet defense needs to set the pace and the offense gets in the groove to pull this one out at Hornet Stadium 35-17.

msthang200721

Defense will go hard #52 will shine

incogneto

Maumelle wins this one big.  The secondary for Maumelle will be the difference in this one. 

Intelligentsia

No fault of the Maumelle fans; White Hall buses will need to leave early so the boys will have time to take turns dressing in the bathroom of the 7-11 up the street from the field.  The bus drivers will also need to keep the buses warm to give WH players a place to warm up at halftime. 

mijally

The visitors dress in the dressing room next to Maumelle. Are you being a wise guy with the 7-11 comment?

Intelligentsia

Quote from: mijally on November 10, 2014, 10:05:42 am
The visitors dress in the dressing room next to Maumelle. Are you being a wise guy with the 7-11 comment?

Just stirring the pot a little:).  I would love to watch this game.  It will tell a lot about the strength of the South and the West.  Great time of the year for high school football fans.

mijally

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 10, 2014, 08:28:22 am
No fault of the Maumelle fans; White Hall buses will need to leave early so the boys will have time to take turns dressing in the bathroom of the 7-11 up the street from the field.  The bus drivers will also need to keep the buses warm to give WH players a place to warm up at halftime. 

Home field advantage.

GuvHog

November 10, 2014, 12:13:12 pm #8 Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 03:43:37 pm by GuvHog
Watson Chapel's speed was more that White Hall could handle, they simply had no answer for it. If Maumelle has some speed on both sides of the ball, White will have problems keeping up with them.

Lionheart88

Quote from: GuvHog on November 10, 2014, 12:13:12 pm
Watson Chapel's speed was more that White Hall could handle, the simply had no answer for it. If Maumelle has some speed on both sides of the ball, White will have problems keeping up with them.
I think overconfidence was a major factor there too.  I heard entirely too much "We won't overlook Chapel, but they haven't beaten us in three years." during the week leading up to that game.

I think it depends on which White Hall team shows up.  If it's the team that beat Hot Springs* and played to within a point of CF, Maumelle is in for the fight of their lives.  If it's the team that lost to Chapel by 12 and Hope by 7, it's going to be a long night for us Bulldogs.

*fun fact: White Hall is the only team in 5A to have beaten any of the 1 seeds this year.

wing

With Kirk Baugh in the game, WH has a chance. He is one tough customer. I'll give Maumelle the edge, but I think this game is closer than most expect.

MDXPHD

Watson Chapel's speed was more that White Hall could handle, the simply had no answer for it. If Maumelle has some speed on both sides of the ball, White will have problems keeping up with them.

From what I hear, there is no speed in the West. 

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 10, 2014, 05:56:39 pm

From what I hear, there is no speed in the West. 

Nope, none.

Rockhounds x2

Hasn't ever been any speed in the west! Lol I think this is football not track!

MDXPHD

Quote from: Rockhounds x2 on November 10, 2014, 07:37:34 pm
Hasn't ever been any speed in the west! Lol I think this is football not track!

They can play football, I'm not doubting that at all.

Go Postal

November 10, 2014, 10:41:12 pm #15 Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 10:45:47 pm by Go Postal
Nope, no speed from the West except from Morrilton and we have seen what that has done for them this season.  LOL!

MDXPHD

Quote from: Go Postal on November 10, 2014, 10:41:12 pm
Nope, no speed from the West except from Morrilton and we have seen what that has done for them this season.  LOL!

It worked out well for them last year I think.

Where is Ghost these days? Is he waiting to see if WH pulls off the upset?

Dog_33

Last time these teams played was when these seniors was in ninth grade for the river city championship

msthang200721

Dog_33

Quote from: msthang200721 on November 11, 2014, 03:00:36 pm
And Maumelle won then
Yeah it was 6-0 back when number 52 was the kicker

Overdahill

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 11, 2014, 07:42:45 am
Quote from: Go Postal on November 10, 2014, 10:41:12 pm

It worked out well for them last year I think.

Where is Ghost these days? Is he waiting to see if WH pulls off the upset?

Ha, good question. I think maumelle is saving him a seat on the visitors side 😃

fakePhilRobertson

Lionheart88, if overconfidence played a role in the WC loss, then the White Hall fan base should get ready for the same result this week. 

Lionheart88

Why?  None of these boys has ever played Maumelle at the HS level, and I believe we have a losing record against them in junior high.  I can't speak for anyone but myself,  and I'm hoping for a good fight, but I know we're very much the underdogs here.  I've seen us have some bad games this season, I know it could turn ugly if our boys don't bring their A game, but I see no reason why they'd be that confident going in.

Slee0513

Will this game be on the radio?

Lionheart88

Doesn't sound like it.  Hornets take the early 7-0 lead on a rollout pass.  Whole defense collapsed on the QB and he threw it over their heads.  9:21 left in the opening quarter.

Lionheart88

White Hall ties it up on a 16 yard Baugh run.  7-7 with 11:54 to go in the second.

Lionheart88

Maumelle up 14-7 on a TD run, didn't catch the name.  2:43 left til the half.

Lionheart88

Lionheart88

Maumelle takes a 21-7 lead.  Took them 4 tries to get it over the goal line from the 1, but they did.  1:30 remaining in the 3rd.

Lionheart88

Baugh up the middle 1 yard for a TD.  Dogs go for two after Hornet encroachment on the PAT.  Don't get it, they trail 21-13 with 3:15 left in the game.  Expect the onside kick here.

Lionheart88

Lionheart88

Bulldog touchdown!  Kendrick Edgerson.  False start on the conversion attempt, timeout dogs, 21-19 Hornets lead, 2:05 left in the game.

Lionheart88

Defensive pass interference on the retry.  One more time.  Timeout dogs.

Lionheart88

GOOD!  TIE BALLGAME!  2:05 remaining, 21 all.

Lionheart88

Maumelle field goal with :05 on the clock, they lead 24-21

Lionheart88

Maumelle picks it off to win the game.

WPWells

Sounds like a barn-burner. Congrats to White Hall on a great season!

The Future

So the South's only hope to prevent a sweep rests on the shoulders of Hot Springs...

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: The Future on November 14, 2014, 09:28:54 pm
So the South's only hope to prevent a sweep rests on the shoulders of Hot Springs...

lol

Lionheart88

Fantastic game.  Maumelle's defense was as good as advertised, probably the best we've faced all year.  Their QB did a great job on that last drive for the FG, really put the team on his shoulders, I think he handed off once and scrambled himself the rest of the time.  Great game of football.  Good luck to Maumelle the rest of the way.

msthang200721

Rematch from 2011 and yes i had my throw back shirt on #team52 kicker from 2011

mijally

Good game. White Hall played exceptionally well. Their QB was impressive running and throwing.

Youngsta71701

Jayepea

Where did White Hall dress & go at halftime?

Lionheart88

We had our buses pulled up behind the benches, the team just got back onto them I think.

Chief_Osceola™

I don't understand why the visiting teams don't use the 9th grade locker room. I've never seen a team use it.

DaOldRef

Some of the visitors have used it.  Some have just not elected to use it.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 14, 2014, 09:48:20 pm
Fantastic game.  Maumelle's defense was as good as advertised, probably the best we've faced all year.  Their QB did a great job on that last drive for the FG, really put the team on his shoulders, I think he handed off once and scrambled himself the rest of the time.  Great game of football.  Good luck to Maumelle the rest of the way.

Sounds like it was a great game! I had to be out of town to attend a funeral and didn't get back in time. Much respect for White Hall - took us down to the wire. Is your QB a senior? From what I've heard and read on here, he sounds like a really good player.

Lionheart88

November 15, 2014, 11:40:14 pm #48 Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 11:45:18 pm by Lionheart88
Yes.  I'm told he's been offered by UCA, among others.  Though for all I know, that could be for baseball, he's a four year starter there as well, and hit the game-winning RBIs in the 2012 and 2014 state title games.

Honestly, the most amazing thing about him to me is that he never leaves the field.  He's been our starting QB and punt returner all year, and after a few injuries early this season he started playing safety all the time, and coach has pretty regularly been leaving the offense on the field for 4th down and having him quick-kick instead of bringing in the special teamers.  The last five or six games, unless we're kicking off, kicking a field goal, or receiving a kick, Baugh has been on the field.  He's got to be exhausted every weekend these days.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas