• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watson Chapel vs Greenbrier

Started by bobcat81, November 08, 2014, 04:58:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bobcat81

Will Watson Chapel, allowing only 14 ppg in conference play, slow down Greenbrier's offense, scoring 40 ppg in conference play.  And then if it does, can Watson Chapel score enough, averaging only 18 ppg in conference, against a Greenbrier defense allowing 28 ppg in conference play.

playmaker04

Lionheart88

WC's average is deceptive, they've been feast or famine all year long.  They gave up a total of 14 to DeQueen, Magnolia, and Lakeside, but gave up 30 to White Hall and a total of 50 in the two games they lost.  It's kind of hard to figure them out.  Lakeside has the best offense in the conference and only scored 7 on Chapel, and yet Hope has one of the worst offenses in the conference and scored 14 on them.  It's hard to predict what they might do against Greenbrier, especially since LRCA is the only West team I've seen this year.

Rockhounds x2

What did you think of LRC???

Greenbrier is better than they are!!!

MDXPHD

Lionheart88

Quote from: Rockhounds x2 on November 09, 2014, 05:36:23 am
What did you think of LRC???

Greenbrier is better than they are!!!
Hard to say, White Hall was missing at least two starters (one of them a two-way starter) and their DC at the time.  One of those guys is out for the season and they eventually adjusted, but hadn't in week 2.  We're a completely different team now, and I'm sure LRCA has made changes too.

Go Postal

Harrison's West rival is pretty good (though I still think that the Goblins would win if we played again, similar teams, best back and forth game I've seen all year).  Watched some CF video against WC.  'Briar is used to any running game from playing Morrilton, LRCA, Harrison or Vilonia.  Passing games, the same plus some.  WC needs to watch on how Maumelle defensive game was played or how Morrilton offensive game was played to beat GB.

Bluepanther86

@postal Honestly watching the Maumelle game it wasn't that their offense was great it was that they made 3 or 4 big plays never did they have a sustained drive Greenbrier got them of the field 3 or 4 times.

PercussionMan

I would say keep the ball away from Greenbrier for over half of the game, and you MIGHT beat them.  I think they have gotten strong at the right time of the year, and they play well at home.  I say Panthers win by 10-14 points. 

GuvHog

It really depends on how well Greenbrier handles speed. WC may very well be the fastest team on both sides of the ball that Greenbrier has played this year. I'm not making any predictions because WC has been up and down this season.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: GuvHog on November 10, 2014, 11:51:00 am
It really depends on how well Greenbrier handles speed. WC may very well be the fastest team on both sides of the ball that Greenbrier has played this year. I'm not making any predictions because WC has been up and down this season.

Maumelle is fast.  We broke several big plays, but never did really have any long, sustained drives.  I think Greenbrier's problem when they played us was the wet conditions.  They were not able to pass the ball as effectively as normal, but that could have been due to us having speed in our secondary too.  If GB can avoid giving up big plays for scores, I think they'll win going away.  If not, it will be a shootout.

RamFan06

I have said it before and I will say it again, Chapel is fast all over the field. Fastest team we saw all year, and that includes Hot Springs, Fairview and Sylvan Hills. IF  Chapel shows up with their real game, they should be able to control the time of possession, wear down the Greenbrier defense and force mistakes. They have plenty of speed in the secondary to match up with any receivers Greenbrier might throw at them.

Just like GuvHog I am not predicting a win because you never know which Chapel team will show up, but they are more then capable of handling business this week.

pantherblue

Greenbriers receivers don't run speed routes instead they run precision timing routes. If one of the QB's is on they should be able to score enought to win. Defense is playing better right now also.

Absolut

I would like to say with confidence that WC will win this game, but the fact is the offense is down right offensive sometimes. I can guarantee our defense will keep us in the game, in fact Greenbrier's style plays right into our hands on defense. We can matchup with any receiver they put out there and our defensive line is one gap fast play types. The problem is our offensive philosophy. We're still in the wishbone unexplainably and not putting speed in space. We come out in the wishbone and if a team stifles that then we have to switch to a spread offense. That type of philosophy is just dumb to me and it doesn't take advantage of our speed and we don't get great at one thing. So WC's offense will determine how this game plays out and it will be obvious in the first couple of drives.

Bluepanther86

November 10, 2014, 08:15:54 pm #14 Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 08:27:36 pm by Bluepanther86
GB's Defense is stout, They have given up big plays but this defense does it's job. They have kept GB in games all year, they give up points an that is due to the offense scoring fast if the offense were to sustain a 6 or 7 min drive you wouldn't see as much scores on their defense. GB run defense is really good sideline to sideline, the secondary is what kills us, but if your QB can't throw then I believe our 3 or 4 front will get pressure on him. GB has a stout line an stout set of backers they might be undersized but they do pick up the slack on all other aspects. Greenbrier has #34 an #32 they play hard an chase guys down from behind seen it multiple times where one of them would catch someone from behind an make a play. Good athletic defense.

pantherblue

Coach Tribble makes those guys hit the weights hard and it shows.

Go Postal

Harrison plays Mtn Home with their wishbone.  We saw what happened on that.  Harrison/GB plays deception run teams like Vilonia and we saw what happened on that.  GB plays against 50/50 pass/run teams also in the West and have done good.  GB's weakness MIGHT be on speed teams, for instance Morriilton or Maumelle, even Vilonia, but I think that GB will pull this out.  (of course to my GB brethren, I still believe the Goblins are the better team ;) LOL) ;).

Good Luck to both teams on this game!

pantherblue

Postal keep thinking that and you will win soon.  Lol

Go Postal

Quote from: pantherblue on November 10, 2014, 10:36:15 pm
Postal keep thinking that and you will win soon.  Lol
In any sport.  LOL!

RamFan06

Quote from: Bluepanther86 on November 10, 2014, 08:15:54 pm
GB's Defense is stout, They have given up big plays but this defense does it's job. They have kept GB in games all year, they give up points an that is due to the offense scoring fast if the offense were to sustain a 6 or 7 min drive you wouldn't see as much scores on their defense. GB run defense is really good sideline to sideline, the secondary is what kills us, but if your QB can't throw then I believe our 3 or 4 front will get pressure on him. GB has a stout line an stout set of backers they might be undersized but they do pick up the slack on all other aspects. Greenbrier has #34 an #32 they play hard an chase guys down from behind seen it multiple times where one of them would catch someone from behind an make a play. Good athletic defense.

Watson Chapels QB can throw though that is what is so confusing about their offensive style. They have fast receivers and a decent QB, if they dont have success with the run attack they should be able to get into the spread and be effective. SHOULD be able to.

wing

WC's QB has a VERY good arm. I'm surprised that they don't try to throw it more. I'm sure based on the film they saw from the CF/HS game, WC thought they would have no problem running it against CF.

Oldbadger

Haven't seen Watson Chapel, but have seen GB.  They put 32 points on one of the best defenses in 6-A, Benton.  They will be hard to stop.  Have to go with GB.

Absolut

Which WC quarterback are y'all talking about #5 or starting #3?

Absolut

Chapel's defense will matchup far better than Benson's defense. Maumelle would be a better comparison

GuvHog

Quote from: Oldbadger on November 11, 2014, 10:45:50 am
Haven't seen Watson Chapel, but have seen GB.  They put 32 points on one of the best defenses in 6-A, Benton.  They will be hard to stop.  Have to go with GB.

That was an early season game before Benton really started to click. Greenbrier couldn't score 32 points on Benton's defense if they played this late in the season. Don't believe me??? Ask the Pine Bluff Zebras. they were picked by most people to win the 6A State title but lost to Benton last week in Pine Bluff.

InYoGrill

Quote from: pantherblue on November 10, 2014, 08:24:30 pm
Coach Tribble makes those guys hit the weights hard and it shows.

I will........ agree with you on this one thing.   GB looks good in pads. A mini me GWOOD but again mini X 2.  ;D

pantherblue

You thought that last Thursday huh IYG??  LOL

Absolut

Does  Greenbrier broadcast their games?

pantherblue

Y107 will probably broadcast it since Vilonia is not playing.  LOL

InYoGrill

Quote from: pantherblue on November 12, 2014, 12:14:03 pm

Whacha talkin about Willis? I was at a Holiday Inn Express.  ;D

InYoGrill

Quote from: pantherblue on November 13, 2014, 06:47:40 pm

Chapel gonna punish- LOL!

pantherblue

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 13, 2014, 07:24:45 pm
Quote from: pantherblue on November 12, 2014, 12:14:03 pm

Whacha talkin about Willis? I was at a Holiday Inn Express.  ;D

You sure wasn't at the blowout!!   ;D

pantherblue

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 13, 2014, 07:28:33 pm
Quote from: pantherblue on November 13, 2014, 06:47:40 pm

Chapel gonna punish- LOL!

That will be a punishing drive!

pantherblue

InYoGrill

Briar may punish Chapel on the field but I wanna see the Chapel band bring the wood tonight. Impress the Grill.

pantherblue

Absolut

No broadcast on y107. You guys keep us updated

pantherblue

GB throws 50 yard TD over the top. Going for 2 failed. GB defense playing well.

Absolut

Pantherblue regardless of the outcome of this game our boys are playing their hearts out. I'm proud of both teams. Playoff football being played now.

pantherblue

Yes sir. It's been a great game by both teams!

Absolut

pantherblue

Just battling right now.  Still 30-28 GB. 

GB just punted from deep in its own territory and WC blasted the kicker. 2nd PF this qtr

pantherblue

Unnecessary penalties are killing WC in the 4th.

Absolut

Penalties will kill in a close game like this

InYoGrill

Good game tonight. My feet are ice cold. #21 for Chapel is a fast strong runner. #3 for Briar ran hard all night as well. #9 qb made the plays tonight for GB. GB D played great in 4th Q.  Can't figure out why Briar has no xp kicker for like the 10th year in a row. That 2 pt swinging gate play for 2 every time SUKED, 0-5. Still scratching my head on that play. Good win.

pantherblue

Who needs 1 when you win by 8!!  LOL

bobcat81

Quote from: pantherblue on November 14, 2014, 10:33:51 pm
Yeah, but I'm afraid this may come back to bite GB at some point, especially against a team with a good field goal kicker in a close game.  Scoring two more touchdowns than the other team, but no points after, kept this one closer at the end than it could have been.

Also got to meet InYoGrill at halftime.  For an Eagle, he's not as bad as you've made him out Pantherblue.  ;D   But you know, he is a Panther at heart (Cabot that is). 

InYoGrill

Quote from: bobcat81 on November 15, 2014, 11:31:17 am
Yeah, but I'm afraid this may come back to bite GB at some point, especially against a team with a good field goal kicker in a close game.  Scoring two more touchdowns than the other team, but no points after, kept this one closer at the end than it could have been.

Also got to meet InYoGrill at halftime.  For an Eagle, he's not as bad as you've made him out Pantherblue.  ;D   But you know, he is a Panther at heart (Cabot that is).

Haha... Bobcat. It was great meeting you as well. Though you and PB are computer geeks but you two probably laugh at most of us to the bank. :)   You traveling to the backwoods of Neer land Fri? Went there one time when my son was a SR in 11. We got whooped by the 1st Q. CMAC knows what I'm talking about, LOL!  Good luck Panthers, represent the West.

And lets be clear, I accidentally ran into both of you! Wouldn't be right for an Eagle to be nice friends to you blue belly heathen.  ;D

sevenof400

Especially given the fact y'all do play real football in the spring, there is no reason GB shouldn't have a competent plack kicker.  Heck, some of your football girls would likely hit from 25 out.

In all seriousness though, the football programs need to work together (not just at GB but everywhere) to find kickers and punters.

InYoGrill

Quote from: sevenof400 on November 15, 2014, 11:41:25 am

Especially given the fact y'all do play real football in the spring, there is no reason GB shouldn't have a competent plack kicker.  Heck, some of your football girls would likely hit from 25 out.

In all seriousness though, the football programs need to work together (not just at GB but everywhere) to find kickers and punters.

Agreed 7. It's embarrassment that teams like Briar don't have a competent kicking game in place. Not one kid on that team kick a straight ahead short kick???? I've seen 2A teams be consistent to get their XP's and at least 50/50 to kick short FG's. What I saw last night from Briar was laughable and head scratching. They left 5 pts off the board going for the same dysfunctional swinging gate 2 pt play. It looked like backyard play calling when they did that. Like go go. and the receivers just run wherever they think to get open but they weren't.   And what if Briar needed 3pts at the end of a game to win and its the last play of the game??  They won't kick!   Unbelievable!!    Batesville always has STUD kickers. Could be the difference next Fri.   

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas