• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A East confernce to beat.

Started by Wildhog14, November 08, 2014, 09:49:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lionheart88

Quote from: playmaker04 on November 13, 2014, 01:29:50 pm
Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 13, 2014, 12:35:51 pm
Quote from: playmaker04 on November 13, 2014, 11:18:47 am
Quote from: #1jacketfan on November 12, 2014, 02:42:18 pm

Quote from: Hoghead on November 12, 2014, 02:03:18 pm
Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on November 12, 2014, 11:06:15 am
Quote from: Blazer51 on November 12, 2014, 10:39:05 am
I'm not 100% sure but does bc not have a winning playoff record or atleast a tied one between wins and loses

I guess you are right the most losses any conference could have in the playoffs is 4. You could count the number of wins but in the East case everyone thinks Wynne and Batesville are great and the rest of the conference is crap.
    I was mostly trying to point out saying a bunch of 4 seeds have went 5-41 against 1 seeds is a poor way to say a conference is not good. Take Blytheville this year we get PA I only think there are 2 teams in 5A that can beat them that is Wynne And Batesville and those should be close games.  Last time Blytheville was in the playoffs we played a Camden team that only two teams in the playoffs had a chance to beat. Until anyone can get over the big Wynne and Batesville hump in our conference the other teams will always be playing the best teams from ever other conference in the 1st round.

FC & Blytheville have both entered the playoffs as 1&2 seeds and lost.  You have 6 schools in the East with losing playoff records. Hope has a better playoff record than Vv, GTC, Paragould, FC, and Blytheville combined. The East is a joke.
Forrest City and Blytheville could beat Hope this year....be glad your not in the East!
Hey Aqualung,wipe the snot from your nose and go back home to your moms basement. The 5a East is the best conference this year. Hands down. You been crying all year about Wynne and the east but yet we had 3 teams ranked in the super 6 at one time and have 4 teams with winning records. Overall 43-37. The west is close second with 4 teams with winning records but 40-39-1. The joke is Hope,3-7 and playing hoops right now.
And how many of those wins came in nonconference against powerhouse programs like Osceola (no wins outside 3A), Rivercrest (a 5-4-1 3A school), Trumann(3-7, mostly against 4A opponents), Marion(1-9), Mountain Home (0-10), West Memphis (3-7, their wins coming against FC, Marion, and Mountain Home), and MS and MO schools no one's ever heard of?  Outside of Batesville's win over Watson Chapel in week 1, the East's most respectable nonconference game is probably FC's 2 point loss to Dollarway.  Now compare that to the South, who played teams like El Dorado, Pine Bluff, Nashville, and so on.  The only 3A school you'll find on the list is traditional Hope foe Prescott.
but the south didn't win. 7-17 overall 1 win over 6a sheridan, 1 win over a 3a school, other 5 over 4a. East 15-8 non conference. No comparison.
I'll take Camden and Magnolia losing to ElDo by a total of 16 points over Wynne, Blytheville, and Nettleton drubbing Marion any day of the week.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 13, 2014, 02:35:50 pm

I'm not 100% sure but does bc not have a winning playoff record or atleast a tied one between wins and loses

I guess you are right the most losses any conference could have in the playoffs is 4. You could count the number of wins but in the East case everyone thinks Wynne and Batesville are great and the rest of the conference is crap.
    I was mostly trying to point out saying a bunch of 4 seeds have went 5-41 against 1 seeds is a poor way to say a conference is not good. Take Blytheville this year we get PA I only think there are 2 teams in 5A that can beat them that is Wynne And Batesville and those should be close games.  Last time Blytheville was in the playoffs we played a Camden team that only two teams in the playoffs had a chance to beat. Until anyone can get over the big Wynne and Batesville hump in our conference the other teams will always be playing the best teams from ever other conference in the 1st round.

FC & Blytheville have both entered the playoffs as 1&2 seeds and lost.  You have 6 schools in the East with losing playoff records. Hope has a better playoff record than Vv, GTC, Paragould, FC, and Blytheville combined. The East is a joke.
Forrest City and Blytheville could beat Hope this year....be glad your not in the East!
Hey Aqualung,wipe the snot from your nose and go back home to your moms basement. The 5a East is the best conference this year. Hands down. You been crying all year about Wynne and the east but yet we had 3 teams ranked in the super 6 at one time and have 4 teams with winning records. Overall 43-37. The west is close second with 4 teams with winning records but 40-39-1. The joke is Hope,3-7 and playing hoops right now.
And how many of those wins came in nonconference against powerhouse programs like Osceola (no wins outside 3A), Rivercrest (a 5-4-1 3A school), Trumann(3-7, mostly against 4A opponents), Marion(1-9), Mountain Home (0-10), West Memphis (3-7, their wins coming against FC, Marion, and Mountain Home), and MS and MO schools no one's ever heard of?  Outside of Batesville's win over Watson Chapel in week 1, the East's most respectable nonconference game is probably FC's 2 point loss to Dollarway.  Now compare that to the South, who played teams like El Dorado, Pine Bluff, Nashville, and so on.  The only 3A school you'll find on the list is traditional Hope foe Prescott.
but the south didn't win. 7-17 overall 1 win over 6a sheridan, 1 win over a 3a school, other 5 over 4a. East 15-8 non conference. No comparison.
I'll take Camden and Magnolia losing to ElDo by a total of 16 points over Wynne, Blytheville, and Nettleton drubbing Marion any day of the week.

A Marn that would make the playoffs in the South.

Hoghead

November 13, 2014, 06:25:17 pm #102 Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 06:28:32 pm by Hoghead
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 13, 2014, 05:50:49 pm
Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 13, 2014, 02:35:50 pm

A Marn that would make the playoffs in the South.
Marn ? Didn't Wynne lose to them last year ? Genoa Central could win the 5A East yearly.

Uncle Ivan

Hughes would win the South every year by mercy rule.

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 13, 2014, 10:25:46 pm

Taylor would win the East in all sports every year.

#1jacketfan

Man don't let pighead nag you.....he's just in his feelings cause the only thing Hope's doing is playing round ball right now....lol

MDXPHD

Quote from: #1jacketfan on November 14, 2014, 07:27:10 am
Man don't let pighead nag you.....he's just in his feelings cause the only thing Hope's doing is playing round ball right now....lol

Hope doesn't always make the playoffs, but when they do, they beat Wynne.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 14, 2014, 07:31:00 am

LOl.....the only thing they can beat is their lips!

Hoghead

I love it when these cosigners come rushing in ! 21-0 !!!!! They're playing Sylvan Hills and I still have them playing Hope. Dunces !!!!!  LOL !!!!

#1jacketfan

Quote from: Hoghead on November 14, 2014, 09:49:13 am

I love it when these cosigners come rushing in ! 21-0 !!!!! They're playing Sylvan Hills and I still have them playing Hope. Dunces !!!!!  LOL !!!!
Better luck next year pal....lol

playmaker04

The highlight of Aqualungs/hogsheads miserable life.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: playmaker04 on November 14, 2014, 12:32:54 pm

The highlight of Aqualungs/hogsheads miserable life.
Hey playmaker were you on the 04 championship team?

Uncle Ivan

I suppose 2001, 04, & 05 never happened.

Those were some live autopsies.

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 14, 2014, 06:32:25 pm

I suppose 2001, 04, & 05 never happened.

Those were some live autopsies.

Flattered you used my terminology in those beatings.....

The Future

I know there's still time to play in these games.

But so far the West seems to be doin purty good.

When was the last time all 4 seeds from the West ( or any conference really) made it past the first round?

Uncle Ivan

Boy, that South is one stellar group of powerhouses.

The Future

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 14, 2014, 08:54:47 pm

Best conference in the 5A?? Not so much.
One thing about smack talk is when what you said fails to come through, it can come back to bite you.

The South fans are getting a wake up call. Not near as good as they thought they were.

But hey Chapel has pulled ahead of Brier I heard. They can hang their hat on going 1 of 4 haha

Edit: Brier ahead. That sounds like its a barnburner of a game.

The Future

Quote from: The Future on November 14, 2014, 08:57:17 pm

One thing about smack talk is when what you said fails to come through, it can come back to bite you.

The South fans are getting a wake up call. Not near as good as they thought they were.

But hey Chapel has pulled ahead of Brier I heard. They can hang their hat on going 1 of 4 haha

Welp. Second half rolls by and the South teams start to pick up the pace it seems.

My post could come back to bite me now lol.

Harrison is looking like it'll notch the win.
The game is Maumelle's to lose.
Coin toss between Brier and Chapel
Hot Springs seems to be makin a comeback

The West will get at least 2 wins for sure

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: The Future on November 14, 2014, 09:06:15 pm

Welp. Second half rolls by and the South teams start to pick up the pace it seems.

Maybe they'll scratch out a win, maybe they won't.

Doesn't matter.  They're cannon fodder in the quarters.

MDXPHD

White Hall just tied Maumelle with a couple minutes left

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 14, 2014, 09:13:54 pm

Hey, I need to be pulling for WH.  Completely forgot.

The Future

Even if Maumelle loses this game, they had a great season. I saw a variety of predictions for the West and playoff seeds and finishes. But I'm pretty sure no one would have ever dreamed Maumelle would be 9-0-1 and could very well go 10-0-1.

Regardless of the outcome, I wanna congratulate Maumelle on a great debut in the West. Should make for lots of entertaining games in years to come.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 14, 2014, 09:17:58 pm

We all knew when Ghost predicted a sweep that the West would sweep.  He also predicted Wynne to win the championship so...

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 14, 2014, 09:30:05 pm
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 14, 2014, 09:17:58 pm

We all knew when Ghost predicted a sweep that the West would sweep.  He also predicted Wynne to win the championship so...

Yeah, I know.  Doomed and all that.

Lionheart88

Where were all these South fans all year?  I may have heard "deepest" or "most parity" now and again, but I don't remember anyone saying the South was the best.  All year in the voting, the South has fared pretty badly, even with a good number of South voters.  At any rate, the South won the two they were supposed to, and S4 White Hall very nearly forced OT against the West champion Maumelle.  Doesn't look like a bad night for the conference from where I'm standing.

Hoghead

I see the only two teams in the East won. Blytheville falls to 2-17 in playoff games. Beebe took care of Nettleton. Nothing new....same old East.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: The Future on November 14, 2014, 09:06:15 pm

Want to rethink that?

tmycjy

Quote from: Hoghead on November 15, 2014, 12:41:04 am

I see the only two teams in the East won. Blytheville falls to 2-17 in playoff games. Beebe took care of Nettleton. Nothing new....same old East.

Hey just want u to know east went 2-2 oh wait a min didn't south go 2-2 and didn't central go 2-2 and west go 2-2 same old everything

Youngsta71701

Quote from: tmycjy on November 15, 2014, 07:46:48 am

Hey just want u to know east went 2-2 oh wait a min didn't south go 2-2 and didn't central go 2-2 and west go 2-2 same old everything

It might be a perfect world after all huh...lol

#1jacketfan

He don't focus on everybody else that much...he just pays attention to the East mostly...cause that's where most of the talent is.....don't sweat him he talks out of the side of his neck!

Hoghead

Quote from: #1jacketfan on November 15, 2014, 10:46:44 am

He don't focus on everybody else that much...he just pays attention to the East mostly...cause that's where most of the talent is.....don't sweat him he talks out of the side of his neck!

The 5A West and Central doesnt spew the Ignorance the East does. So I merely point out how horrible the East is in the playoffs. Embrace being a two team conference. Wynne & Batesville can't help it the 6 other sacrificial lambs are FOD ! The East is 67-124 in playoff games. 58 of those wins belong to Wynne & Batesville. Numbers never lie #1Jacketfan !

#1jacketfan

Quote from: Hoghead on November 15, 2014, 02:25:51 pm

The 5A West and Central doesnt spew the Ignorance the East does. So I merely point out how horrible the East is in the playoffs. Embrace being a two team conference. Wynne & Batesville can't help it the 6 other sacrificial lambs are FOD ! The East is 67-124 in playoff games. 58 of those wins belong to Wynne & Batesville. Numbers never lie #1Jacketfan !
Keep chasing us buddy....you might make it up there someday!

Lionheart88

As I recall, Hope was there last year.

MDXPHD

That's true, but recall that one year can change everything.  Batesville didn't win a playoff game until 03' when they won state. It's not this year that an East team other than those two makes a push, but it is a possibility every year that something strange will happen.

Hoghead

November 15, 2014, 05:23:31 pm #134 Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 05:35:03 pm by Hoghead
Quote from: #1jacketfan on November 15, 2014, 02:56:48 pm

Keep chasing us buddy....you might make it up there someday!
Chasing who, the East ? 67-124 dude. 21-0 !!!  The South is 123-141 in the Playoffs.

walkingguy72396

Just wondering where the play-off history comes from.  Which schools for instance have had football programs longer between the South and the East?  I'm not sure when Nettleton even began playing football. Then theres Valley View.  Very few seasons of Football played at all.

Just think that alone skews the numbers in the Souths favor.

Forrest City, Blytheville, Nettleton have not been in the 5A all that long.  So since figures seem so important in this discussion.  What happens if you factor in teams that Wynne and Batesville use to compete against in the East ? like Osceola and Newport. 

Uncle Ivan

heck, Blytheville alone has more titles than most of that conference combined.

Hoghead

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 15, 2014, 09:41:07 pm
Just wondering where the play-off history comes from.  Which schools for instance have had football programs longer between the South and the East?  I'm not sure when Nettleton even began playing football. Then theres Valley View.  Very few seasons of Football played at all.

Just think that alone skews the numbers in the Souths favor.

Forrest City, Blytheville, Nettleton have not been in the 5A all that long.  So since figures seem so important in this discussion.  What happens if you factor in teams that Wynne and Batesville use to compete against in the East ? like Osceola and Newport. 
It works both ways for South as well. Camden High, Camden Lincoln,  Arkadelphia and Malvern are no longer 5A. So the numbers fit still if you play that card. Next question ? Some schools don't exsist in the South anymore that were AA and AAA at one time. So throw in Osceola and Newport.

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 15, 2014, 10:17:57 pm

Blythevilles last championship was in 1950. Yes, they have won 7. Yet they do not have as many State Titles alone as the South has combined. While latching on to Blythevilles 7 Titles as a life raft of dispair, let's mention the Chicks were in a higher classification when they won these championships. Also Paragould and Blytheville both won Titles in 1940 & 1948. Which let's us know they were not in the same classification or conference. The South has 9 Titles with pretty much 3 Schools who have played in the same conference for over 60 years sans Watson Chapels Title.

As we move into the playoff era of Arkansas HS Football circa 1969. Blytheville is 2-18 in the playoffs. So enough of comparing the Chicks to anyone. FC's 1-17, Paragoulds 1-9 and GCT's 1 win are what they are. Horrible.

walkingguy72396

11/14/2014 the South scored 157 points, 1 point better than the Easts 156.

11/14/2014 the South gave up 149 points.  30 more than the Easts 119.

For a total difference of 118.  Which clearly means that last week the East was better than the south.

Even though there was not a single one on one match up between the two.

Plus the East played the number 1 Ranked team in 5A.

Lionheart88

Faulty comparison.  The East was facing the Central which outside of PA is abysmal.  The South was facing the West, which probably doesn't have one school as good as PA, but is probably the deepest conference in 5A.

Hoghead

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 16, 2014, 07:58:52 am
11/14/2014 the South scored 157 points, 1 point better than the Easts 156.

11/14/2014 the South gave up 149 points.  30 more than the Easts 119.

For a total difference of 118.  Which clearly means that last week the East was better than the south.

Even though there was not a single one on one match up between the two.

Plus the East played the number 1 Ranked team in 5A.
Those pipe dreams all come out to 2-2 by both conferences. So you played the #1 team in 5A ? Any 4 seed would have took a pile driving from PA. Both conferences 1&2 seeds won.

walkingguy72396

PA, Wynne and even Batesville after making up the two touchdown deficit, are the only ones who breezed by their opponents last week.

Week one is generally all top seeds advancing with an occasional upset.

A 3 beating a 2.  Not that much of an upset.  If it is a true 3 seed coming in with a loss each too the 1 and 2 seed.  But that did not happen all home teams held serve.

Margin of Victory goes too the East, Making them last weeks king of the hill.

Hoghead

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 16, 2014, 03:10:53 pm
PA, Wynne and even Batesville after making up the two touchdown deficit, are the only ones who breezed by their opponents last week.

A 3 beating a 2.  Not that much of an upset.  If it is a true 3 seed coming in with a loss each too the 1 and 2 seed.  But that did not happen all home teams held serve.

A win is a win. So what you blew out Sylvan Hills & Jacksonville. You knew on Monday this was going to happen Friday night. Batesville even let Jax get a lead to make it look decent. On to round two. Good luck to Wynne & Batesville !!!!!

Lionheart88

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 16, 2014, 03:10:53 pm

E1 & 2 advanced over C3 & 4 by an average of 33 points, while 1 & 2 advanced over W3 & 4 by an average of 9.5, that much is true.  But let's not sit here and pretend Sylvan Hills and Jacksonville are close to being as good as Harrison and LRCA (which is what you do by comparing point spreads without any consideration of the quality of the teams getting beat).  LRCA beat Jax 38-10 earlier this year, after all.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on November 16, 2014, 02:45:52 am

Blythevilles last championship was in 1950. Yes, they have won 7. Yet they do not have as many State Titles alone as the South has combined. While latching on to Blythevilles 7 Titles as a life raft of dispair, let's mention the Chicks were in a higher classification when they won these championships. Also Paragould and Blytheville both won Titles in 1940 & 1948. Which let's us know they were not in the same classification or conference. The South has 9 Titles with pretty much 3 Schools who have played in the same conference for over 60 years sans Watson Chapels Title.

As we move into the playoff era of Arkansas HS Football circa 1969. Blytheville is 2-18 in the playoffs. So enough of comparing the Chicks to anyone. FC's 1-17, Paragoulds 1-9 and GCT's 1 win are what they are. Horrible.

You missed the key word "most".

Nine isn't much more than seven.

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 17, 2014, 07:56:34 am
Quote from: Hoghead on November 16, 2014, 02:45:52 am

You missed the key word "most".

Nine isn't much more than seven.
Its not less and you said combined. Only DeQueen, Lakeside and White Hall havent won State Titles. So 5 out of 8 have won State Titles. So MOST have won. 9 is more than 7 all day and 1950 was a great year for Chickasaw football. MOST of the schools in the East can't win their own conference less known someone elses.Yet they believe in this hoof mouthed hypocrisy yearly ! LOL !

Uncle Ivan

Most of that conference combined.  My point remains.

We're splitting hairs now.

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 17, 2014, 10:59:24 pm
Most of that conference combined.  My point remains.

We're splitting hairs now.
No, you're splitting hairs. Im being factual and accurate.

MDXPHD

The immaturity in this thread is off the charts.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas