• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harrison @ Camden Fairview

Started by CF, November 08, 2014, 08:53:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CF

Can CF shut down The Gobblins passing game?

RD™

Rockhounds x2

About 5 hours! We play better on the road than we have at home!

AT

This is probably the game I'm most looking forward to hearing the results for in 5A.

CF

CF has played really good on their home field. Defense played good against Watson Chapel so we will see.  I think CF is going to have to throw the ball more than they did last week to able to win.

Rockhounds x2

Almatrackster:
This is probably the game I'm most looking forward to hearing the results for in 5A.

Why is that?

Intelligentsia

CF by 14 - The south is will be ready to beat up on someone other than themselves. 

AT

Quote from: Rockhounds x2 on November 08, 2014, 11:29:42 am
Almatrackster:

Why is that?

Camden Fairview has been a great program the past few years and Harrison is starting to become a rising program. I'm just wanting to see the result.

playmaker04

DogsWin7

I wonder if CF loses what will be said or who will be mentioned?   

Redbird88

Quote from: CF on November 08, 2014, 11:15:09 am
CF has played really good on their home field. Defense played good against Watson Chapel so we will see.  I think CF is going to have to throw the ball more than they did last week to able to win.
Your saying you don't think we can do it with a Three yards and a cloud of dust offense?

CF

Quote from: Redbird88 on November 08, 2014, 09:08:39 pm
Your saying you don't think we can do it with a Three yards and a cloud of dust offense?

Lol!   I'm saying spread em out throw down field mix in the run.  Use the height of those receivers.

MDXPHD

Redbird88

Quote from: CF on November 08, 2014, 09:19:13 pm
Quote from: Redbird88 on November 08, 2014, 09:08:39 pm

Lol!   I'm saying spread em out throw down field mix in the run.  Use the height of those receivers.
I totally agree! Use the run and pass! Hard to come from behind with nothing but a run game

Redbird88

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 08, 2014, 08:39:07 pm
I wonder if CF loses what will be said or who will be mentioned?
What do you mean by that Diehard?? ;)

Go Postal

Here are some videos that I found from Camden Fairview (South) and Harrison (West) last Friday's games.

Camden Fairview (W) 26-6:

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/fairview-cardinals-(camden,ar)/football/home.htm

Harrison (W) 47-21:

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/harrison-goblins-(harrison,ar)/football/home.htm

Go Postal

I haven't seen the South teams play this year.  But after watching CF vs a ranked South opponent in the last videos and seeing Harrison all year against the West ranked opponents.  The Cards and the GOBS seem very similar on offense.  Though these videos highlight mostly the QB for both team's offenses, I was curious on CF's rushing from backs?  I know that Harrison does run the ball quite well with their backs, so my question stands for CF backs.

This game could come down to a defensive game.  From what I've seen in the aforementioned videos from CF, they look very good on penetration and interceptions.  Though I have to mention here that Harrison holds the most interceptions for the 5A.  So then it could come down to how well the offensive line is doing to open up holes for rushing or giving enough time for the pass.

Special teams could also be a factor.  I can't speak for how good is CFs kicking game, but our main kicker can do onside kicks or kicking it in to the endzone, great punts and good distance FGs.  Our QB can also do kickoffs and punts.  Heck, I even seen this year, our 290+ lbs tackle kicking FGs. ;)

So I give CF +10 points being home field.  I even give them +5 points because that the Goblins have to travel around 5 hours to get there (yeah, fans for both teams from other states or countries, this is Arkansas).  I think the Golden Goblins win by 3.

Good Luck to both teams in this 1st round of playoffs, remember that there are 16 other teams that wish that they were here.  Play hard, play great!

...and your reward for going in to the 2nd round is probably playing PA... ;D

Hoggy

Should be good game.  Worst Camden team in years

PercussionMan

Harrison was very capable of being a #2 seed, so this could be a bad first round draw for Camden Fairview.  The Goblins score a lot of points.  I wouldn't be surprised if Harrison wins, but I also wouldn't be surprised if CF wins.  Could be a dandy for a first rounder!

Youngsta71701

November 10, 2014, 11:02:40 am #19 Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 11:34:44 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: Hoggy on November 10, 2014, 10:07:53 am

Worst Camden team or worst Camden coaching in years? I'm just curious about what you mean by the statement. This team still has plenty of talent we just gotta use it. Especially our receivers and running backs. Speed to burn...

wing

Quote from: Go Postal on November 09, 2014, 05:39:49 pm
I haven't seen the South teams play this year.  But after watching CF vs a ranked South opponent in the last videos and seeing Harrison all year against the West ranked opponents.  The Cards and the GOBS seem very similar on offense.  Though these videos highlight mostly the QB for both team's offenses, I was curious on CF's rushing from backs?  I know that Harrison does run the ball quite well with their backs, so my question stands for CF backs.

This game could come down to a defensive game.  From what I've seen in the aforementioned videos from CF, they look very good on penetration and interceptions.  Though I have to mention here that Harrison holds the most interceptions for the 5A.  So then it could come down to how well the offensive line is doing to open up holes for rushing or giving enough time for the pass.

Special teams could also be a factor.  I can't speak for how good is CFs kicking game, but our main kicker can do onside kicks or kicking it in to the endzone, great punts and good distance FGs.  Our QB can also do kickoffs and punts.  Heck, I even seen this year, our 290+ lbs tackle kicking FGs. ;)

So I give CF +10 points being home field.  I even give them +5 points because that the Goblins have to travel around 5 hours to get there (yeah, fans for both teams from other states or countries, this is Arkansas).  I think the Golden Goblins win by 3.

Good Luck to both teams in this 1st round of playoffs, remember that there are 16 other teams that wish that they were here.  Play hard, play great!

Great info Postal. Thanks! CF has been inconsistent at times this year. We are not as big as the last two or three years and it shows at times. Our skill positions are very talented. A lot of speed which is the norm for CF. Our offense is quite different now than it was the first 5-6 games. We have a very good Jr. TB, but he has not been utilized as much lately. We've used three QB's this year. All bring different strengths to the table. LR can really air it out when given time. KW and BK may be two of our best rushers. Our kicking game has vastly improved from last year and that is an understatement. Our defense probably had it's best game last week against WC. Obviously we have a new coaching staff so there have been some growing pains. I think you've seen the varying opinions on this topic so enough said about that. And for what its worth, this group of Sr. have never lost at home. Our last loss was a heart breaker to Greenwood in 2011.  Anyway, that's my take. It should be a great game. Hope everyone has  safe trip to South Arkansas. I'll go 35-34 CF. And you are right. The winning prize is PA.

spongebob

Reward or punishment?

spongebob

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 10, 2014, 11:02:40 am

Worst Camden team or worst Camden coaching in years? I'm just curious about what you mean by the statement. This team still has plenty of talent we just gotta use it. Especially our receivers and running backs. Speed to burn...

Gotta find a way to motivate the players. Gotta make them play every down like its the last one they will play. JS

DogsWin7

and it starts before the game!   :o  :-X

browning_gold_12

Watched the Harrison video. Something must be wrong with my computer. Everything seemed reeeaallly slooooww....  ;D

spongebob

Quote from: browning_gold_12 on November 10, 2014, 12:15:04 pm
Watched the Harrison video. Something must be wrong with my computer. Everything seemed reeeaallly slooooww....  ;D
Was your slow motion button on? :)

Youngsta71701

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 10, 2014, 12:09:55 pm

Where have you been? This has been a major topic all year.

spongebob

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 10, 2014, 12:47:53 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 10, 2014, 12:09:55 pm

Where have you been? This has been a major topic all year.
It's at least the 11th time I've seen it on here

DogsWin7

11th?    I thought you all had a whole thread dedicated to just this topic alone somewhere?   ;) :)

spongebob

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 10, 2014, 01:12:51 pm
11th?    I thought you all had a whole thread dedicated to just this topic alone somewhere?   ;) :)

I think they locked it lol

CF

Youngsta, Ill go with the 2nd option you posted.   Your right a lot of talent but not using it.

wing

While I'll agree that sometimes we may not be utilizing our talent to the max, let's don't beat this dead horse. Go Cardinals! ;D

spongebob

Quote from: wing on November 10, 2014, 01:36:33 pm
While I'll agree that sometimes we may not be utilizing our talent to the max, let's don't beat this dead horse. Go Cardinals! ;D
It's like putting a governor on your Ferrari. Disappointing that you can only go 65 when the thing will do 180. JS

wing

Quote from: spongebob on November 10, 2014, 01:54:57 pm
It's like putting a governor on your Ferrari. Disappointing that you can only go 65 when the thing will do 180. JS

But that Ferrari needs a good, big, strong bumper up front to push stuff out of the way so it can go 180. ;)

ozarko

Special teams could also be a factor.  I can't speak for how good is CFs kicking game, but our main kicker can do onside kicks or kicking it in to the endzone, great punts and good distance FGs.  Our QB can also do kickoffs and punts. Heck, I even seen this year, our 290+ lbs tackle kicking FGs. ;)

WITH KNEE BRACES!  It was something to see!   ;D

wildboy44

Quote from: wing on November 10, 2014, 02:33:37 pm

But that Ferrari needs a good, big, strong bumper up front to push stuff out of the way so it can go 180. ;)
Not if you got the right driver!!!

spongebob

so either the bumper is inadequate or after 10 games, the bumper still doesn't know what to do?

spongebob

Quote from: wildboy44 on November 10, 2014, 02:45:35 pm

I was trying to be nice Wildboy lol
But +1 for saying it outloud lol

CF

Quote from: wildboy44 on November 10, 2014, 02:45:35 pm

+1

CF

Don't you need a license to drive a Ferrari!    Lol I had to do it.

wing

Quote from: CF on November 10, 2014, 03:08:09 pm

Ok, that's a good one!

Redbird88

at the very least a learning (certificate)

Redbird88

Quote from: Redbird88 on November 10, 2014, 03:11:59 pm

Even with a license not everyone can handle a Ferrari !!

wing

Quote from: Redbird88 on November 10, 2014, 03:18:36 pm

But we ain't got no Ferrari.....sorry guys.

spongebob

November 10, 2014, 03:41:10 pm #44 Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 03:45:24 pm by spongebob
Quote from: wing on November 10, 2014, 03:33:17 pm

IYO. Of the games you attended this year, name one team that had more talent than CF?

wing

Quote from: spongebob on November 10, 2014, 03:41:10 pm

IYO. Of the games you attended this year, name one team that had more talent than CF?

Of the games I attended, no one. Unfortunately the two games I missed were Magnolia and HS. I'm sure we probably had more talent than them as well. I never said we didn't have talent. I said we don't have a Ferrari. We had that two years ago.

CF

This thread is better than Jerry Springer!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: wing on November 10, 2014, 03:58:47 pm
Quote from: spongebob on November 10, 2014, 03:41:10 pm

Of the games I attended, no one. Unfortunately the two games I missed were Magnolia and HS. I'm sure we probably had more talent than them as well. I never said we didn't have talent. I said we don't have a Ferrari. We had that two years ago.

IMO the only that's missing from this team is the dominant O-line. Every other position is just as good as in years past. We may not have a superstar on this team but we have a lot of really good football players.

Youngsta71701

I forgot about the D-ends, they were beast too. I don't know if we'll ever have two of them that good at the same time again.

that1guy2110

Not enough balls to go around to keep the fans at Camden happy. Danged if you do and danged if ya dont. Win 26-6 and still got folks complaining about so and so not getting ball enough.  Cards 35-21

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas