• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blytheville vs Forest City

Started by Chief-Chickasaw, November 05, 2014, 09:01:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

notsofast

Quote from: Rampage72501 on November 08, 2014, 12:07:33 pm
But Blytheville will be in the playoffs, whether you feel they deserve it or not...because they beat you on your field, with 3 of their best players not playing.

And that is a total travesty.  A team that facilitated a brawl and cleared the bench is still playing.  Keep it classy Blytheville.

Rampage72501

Quote from: notsofast on November 08, 2014, 12:09:09 pm
But Blytheville will be in the playoffs, whether you feel they deserve it or not...because they beat you on your field, with 3 of their best players not playing.

And that is a total travesty.  A team that facilitated a brawl and cleared the bench is still playing.  Keep it classy Blytheville.

Bounce those basketballs, Forrest City.

notsofast

Quote from: Rampage72501 on November 08, 2014, 12:11:41 pm

Bounce those basketballs, Forrest City.

Exactly what Blytheville should be doing.  If the school had an ounce of integrity, they would not have let that team play another game.  An apology letter in the paper just isn't good enough. 

Wildhog14

Does Forrest City need a letter written to them in the paper for coming in and taking their spot.  I'm sure it can be arranged

notsofast

Quote from: Wildhog14 on November 08, 2014, 12:24:49 pm
Does Forrest City need a letter written to them in the paper for coming in and taking their spot.  I'm sure it can be arranged

No. Forrest City needed the AAA to stand by their own rules, or in the alternative, Blytheville administration to have any set of values/moral compass.  Hang a hundred PA!

Missco

Lawd...it's not that big of deal...It's football not a tennis match. Football is a physical sport. Tempers flair and fights have always happened..it's not Sunday school. Last night in the mid-south. another brawl to place between Malden and Caruthersville in the Missouri state playoffs..benches cleared and helmets came off the official on ejected a few players and even some that threw punches weren't ejected..Fights shouldn't happen in sports but they have and always will.

notsofast

Quote from: Missco on November 08, 2014, 12:32:37 pm
Lawd...it's not that big of deal...It's football not a tennis match. Football is a physical sport. Tempers flair and fights have always happened..it's not Sunday school. Last night in the mid-south. another brawl to place between Malden and Caruthersville in the Missouri state playoffs..benches cleared and helmets came off the official on ejected a few players and even some that threw punches weren't ejected..Fights shouldn't happen in sports but they have and always will.

But, there are rules that require and automatic ejection if players leave the bench.  Why have the rules if they are not going to be upheld?

Missco

Sometimes common sense needs to prevail. Football isn't Sunday school.

Chief-Chickasaw

Quote from: notsofast on November 08, 2014, 12:01:24 pm
Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on November 08, 2014, 11:47:46 am
Quote from: warpath55 on November 08, 2014, 10:56:35 am
It's hard to believe that at Blytheville...they would play the top 3 teams in the state in the same year. That's brutal.
Don't forget one of the Top 3A teams in Osceola Top 4A teams in Helena/W.Helena a really good team in Mississippi.
It was a great effort last night by Blytheville.  The kids involved in the "fight" did not play. I believe the coaches even held out some extra players the we're not officially suspended and some of the players suspensions may carry over to the playoffs.
Anyone not happy about the AAAs punishment do you really think it would be right to take away a game from boys who basically went on to the field to grabbed their buddies for what was slightly greater then a glorified shoving match.
Also if the AAA cancelled the game Forest City would not have got to have that lovely Senior Night.

All of that is irrelevant.  There are rules.  It is a known fact that the benches cleared.  If a player leaves the bench during a fight, they are automatically ejected.  If they are ejected, they don't play the next game.  It is a total farce that Blytheville is still playing.

I think this is how the AAA looked at it there is letter of the law and spirit of the law. Letter of the law is if you leave the bench during a fight you are ejected. The spirit of the law is to prevent players from getting involved in the fight which increases the danger. 
The AAA could also look at it is if they suspended Blytheville they would have to do the same for Paragould which means no big revenue game between GCT and Paragould. Personally I feel if the "fight" happened between Blytheville and Forest City the AAA would've cancelled both our seasons.
At the end of the day AAA made their decision and suspend 3 of our coaches and administrators got together and bench a couple more. Just to make a point.  Forest City could have easily beat Blytheville on the field. The whole thing is over and nothing is gonna change. PA may very well hang 100 on us that just means they would've hung 111 on yall since we are 11 points better then you. So see how classy we at Blytheville are be saved Forest City the embarrassment of being beat by 111 points. You're welcome.

Chief-Chickasaw

We did not facilitate the fight Paragould 1st to throw punches 1st to clear benches. Get over it dude relax and enjoy you basketball season

Chief-Chickasaw

Don't worry everyone I just found video of Notsofast walking around his house.
Watch "Why waste a temper tantrum if nobody is around to..." on YouTube
Why waste a temper tantrum if nobody is around to...: http://youtu.be/KpSfThUv_pc

notsofast

Honestly, it doesn't really matter. PA will annihilate Blytheville anyway.  I hope they don't let off of the gas at all pound Blytheville as bad as they can.

Chief-Chickasaw

Quote from: notsofast on November 08, 2014, 12:59:15 pm
Honestly, it doesn't really matter. PA will annihilate Blytheville anyway.  I hope they don't let off of the gas at all pound Blytheville as bad as they can.
Doesn't matter what PA beats Blytheville by you add 11 more points to it and that's what they would've beat Forest City by. Oh PA beat Blytheville by 100. PA would've beat Forest City by 111.  Secondly it doesn't matter because our season isn't over and yours is now shut up and go bounce a ball.

Qhcaoc

Quote from: notsofast on November 08, 2014, 09:56:23 am
Quote from: Rampage72501 on November 08, 2014, 09:50:30 am
Quote from: notsofast on November 08, 2014, 09:48:02 am
Quote from: Wildhog14 on November 08, 2014, 09:42:56 am
NotsoFastEnough good luck with that

Great example the AAA has set.  Get into a brawl that causes the game to be stopped and all player ejected due to leaving the bench.... no problem... you still get to play for your playoff spot.  It would be awesome to see PA hang a "hundred" on them...

Bitter much? 

Nope.  It just isn't fair that the AAA doesn't follow their own rules.  Forrest City was screwed over by the AAA and misses out on the playoffs.  Blytheville gets into a brawl and is rewarded with a playoff berth?  And, the players who started the brawl will be able to play in the playoffs?  Forrest City should be appealing.  And, I take it back, I hope PA hangs 150 on them.

Why dont you tell us how you really feel

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas