• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hot Springs Vs Hot Springs LS

Started by Chughes11, November 03, 2014, 08:42:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chughes11

What ya think Ramfan06?? Aka the guy who said hot springs would not make the playoffs!

Hoghead

Trojans stop #45, game over ! Go Trojans !

Chughes11

Hs should be able 2, I don't think LS can stop your favorite Trojan #10 anthony goffigan, and my favorite trojan Cleo Floyd #2!! Too much for them

that1guy2110

2 is the real deal saw first hand last week. Only person that's caught 16 from CF from behind angle or no angle. How old is he?  HS by 2 scores

Lionheart88

The trojans biggest obstacle is in their own heads.  The current seniors were, I believe, 7th graders the last time the trojans beat the rams.  I've heard Hot Springs folks say that it doesn't matter how good they're doing or how bad Lakeside is doing, they just can't beat the rams.  If they believe in themselves, they should win.  But in this game, that might be a big "if".

Chughes11

Hoghead

Anthony Goffigan will lead the Trojans on to victory !!!!!

wing

Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 03, 2014, 09:43:48 pm
The trojans biggest obstacle is in their own heads.  The current seniors were, I believe, 7th graders the last time the trojans beat the rams.  I've heard Hot Springs folks say that it doesn't matter how good they're doing or how bad Lakeside is doing, they just can't beat the rams.  If they believe in themselves, they should win.  But in this game, that might be a big "if".

They had never beat CF either. They are playing much like Hope did this time last year.

Chughes11

Last time we beat LS was when I was playing in 2010

RamFan06

Quote from: Chughes11 on November 04, 2014, 07:09:08 am
Last time we beat LS was when I was playing in 2010

You need to go back one more year, it was 2009.

RamFan06

November 04, 2014, 08:38:56 am #10 Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 09:43:52 am by RamFan06
Quote from: Chughes11 on November 03, 2014, 08:42:51 pm
What ya think Ramfan06?? Aka the guy who said hot springs would not make the playoffs!

I dont remember saying they WOULDN'T make the playoffs, but I may have been trying to get a little conversation going. This years Hot Springs team has done what the Trojan teams of the last few years havent been able to do, get over the attitude and deal with adversity. I honestly thought that after the Watson Chapel White Hall loss Hot Springs was done. Coach Vereen has done a great job with this group. It hasnt even been about a lack of talent at Hot Springs, it has been a lack of effort.

I still think that this game has more to do with Hot Springs vs. Lakeside than it does about who has more talent. Lakeside will come in ready to go. After seeing our defense work last week I have much more confidence in what we can do against Goffigan and the rest of The Trojans.

Lakeside 24
Hot Springs 21

Fixed it.

Chughes11

2009-2010 season my jr year. But that's besides the point, Trojans want the conference outright! They are too big up front for lakeside on both sides of the ball! I look for Cleo Floyd & Anthony Goffigan to have a field day!

RamFan06

If you are thinking that Hot Springs is going to beat LS rushing, you are in for a long night. Their going to have to throw the ball. Early in the season Lakeside gave up rushing yards to Sylvan Hills and Fairview but they have that part nailed down. Chapels strength is rushing and it took them throwing the ball to pull out a late 7 point win against Lakeside. We are big and strong on the O-line and fast on the d-line. You will get tired of hearing Maurice Bradford and Brock Johnsons names called for TFL and Sacks. This is going to be a game, and Lakeside will need their best game of the season and some mistakes from Hot Springs to pull it out, but I have faith in this team. They have proved my low expectations from preseason wrong so far and I think they will keep rolling.

Hoghead

Quote from: RamFan06 on November 04, 2014, 08:38:56 am

I dont remember saying they WOULDN'T make the playoffs, but I may have been trying to get a little conversation going. This years Hot Springs team has done what the Trojan teams of the last few years havent been able to do, get over the attitude and deal with adversity. I honestly thought that after the Watson Chapel loss Hot Springs was done. Coach Vereen has done a great job with this group. It hasnt even been about a lack of talent at Hot Springs, it has been a lack of effort.

I still think that this game has more to do with Hot Springs vs. Lakeside than it does about who has more talent. Lakeside will come in ready to go. After seeing our defense work last week I have much more confidence in what we can do against Goffigan and the rest of The Trojans.

Lakeside 24
Hot Springs 21

Hot Springs didnt lose to Watson Chapel ?

Lionheart88

Quote from: Hoghead on November 04, 2014, 09:35:08 am

I dont remember saying they WOULDN'T make the playoffs, but I may have been trying to get a little conversation going. This years Hot Springs team has done what the Trojan teams of the last few years havent been able to do, get over the attitude and deal with adversity. I honestly thought that after the Watson Chapel loss Hot Springs was done. Coach Vereen has done a great job with this group. It hasnt even been about a lack of talent at Hot Springs, it has been a lack of effort.

Lakeside 24
Hot Springs 21

Yeah, I was about to say the same thing.  Hot Springs beat the brakes off Chapel.  I don't think they'd do so again if they meet in the playoffs, Chapel's gotten much better as the season progressed, but in week 4 they whooped 'em good.

RamFan06

Lakeside 24
Hot Springs 21

Sorry, missed it by a few miles. For some reason I thought that was their one loss. I stand corrected.

Chughes11

We shall see how good Maurice Bradford is. And u think hs can't throw the ball? Lol they are more than capable. I don't think u understand how good this team is. I believe they can win a few games in the playoffs if they keep playin tough! U think your defense is better than camdens? Or any of the other teams we've beat and LS has lost 2? I mean yalls defense is good but had trouble stopping dequeen!

RamFan06

Quote from: Chughes11 on November 04, 2014, 10:16:33 am
We shall see how good Maurice Bradford is. And u think hs can't throw the ball? Lol they are more than capable. I don't think u understand how good this team is. I believe they can win a few games in the playoffs if they keep playin tough! U think your defense is better than camdens? Or any of the other teams we've beat and LS has lost 2? I mean yalls defense is good but had trouble stopping dequeen!

OK Chughes, you seem to be reading into my post a little much, or you must be used to getting told Hot Springs isnt any good, since this is the first year they have done anything in a long time, but I have not said anywhere that they cant throw the ball or that I dont understand how good this team is. I just said, you arent going to beat Lakeside running. You are going to have to throw it. You may have Payton Manning back there I dont know, havent seen him throw the ball except during 7 on 7, and honestly he wasnt that impressive, but that was a long time ago and every team has gotten better through the season so to say he still cant throw effectively would be short sighted of me. As far as defense goes, yes, at this point in the season, the way both of these teams are playing, I think our defense is better than Fairviews. As far as DeQueen goes, we honestly were looking past them, who hasnt done that. We had no idea they were as good as they are. If White Hall is looking past them this week, they are going to get beat.

I am glad to see Hot Springs doing well. It is good for the 5A south and good for Garland county football. Makes us all better. This week though, the Trojans are going down.

Chughes11

Yep we're going down! Right down to the end zone! Will be a long night for the Rams, no playoffs for them

RamFan06

OK so smacktalk aside, give me your scouting report on the Trojans. As I said, I havent seen them yet this year so what do they do well and not so well. Besides Goffigan, who am I watching for?

Chughes11

Hs is huge upfront offense and defense! On offense they have a 6'5 315 tackle, and on defense #4 DE and #68 DT are a load! They destroy offensive lines every game, defense is pretty solid at almost every position, but the player you have to watch out the most for is Cleo Floyd #2 he is a playmaker on offense, defense, and special teams! Maybe one of the best in the conference

Hoghead

Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 04, 2014, 09:38:23 am

Lakeside 24
Hot Springs 21

WC is Jekyl and Hyde. They struggled in a two day game with Hope.17-14

Yeah, I was about to say the same thing.  Hot Springs beat the brakes off Chapel.  I don't think they'd do so again if they meet in the playoffs, Chapel's gotten much better as the season progressed, but in week 4 they whooped 'em good.

kingoftherapids

Rams by 1.  10 of last 11 is in HSHS head. for hot springs it won't come down to their "huge" line... it will be speed. speed is always the nemesis for lakeside, so can HS use it to their full advantage. this game will be about halftime adjustments and psyche.

Chughes11

Speed? Hs is just as fast as chapel or Fairview.

Lionheart88

Hoggy

Lakesides defense is one of the worst I've seen.  They pretty much just blitz every play because they know that is the only shot to stop anybody.  They have a good offense though and Hot Springs never can cover very well because they never see a real passing game in practice. 

I think this will go to whoever turns it over the least

Lakeside  42
Hot Springs 35

RamFan06

Quote from: Hoggy on November 05, 2014, 11:57:29 am
Lakesides defense is one of the worst I've seen.  They pretty much just blitz every play because they know that is the only shot to stop anybody.  They have a good offense though and Hot Springs never can cover very well because they never see a real passing game in practice. 

Lakeside  42
Hot Springs 35

The worst you have seen? What game did you watch? Obviously not the game we held Chapel, run first team, to 146 yards rushing, or the Hope game, -2 yards rushing. Our defense is streaky, but when they show up they are good. That isnt a blitz you are seeing every play we just have two guys that get into the backfield on almost every play, it's hard to stop them. Their problem is over pursuit, just because you can get to the QB every play doesnt mean you dont have an area of responsibility. Play your assignment.

TURNOVERS!!!! You are so right there. Whoever can force the most turnovers, or take advantage of the unforced will probably take this one. I dont think it will be as high scoring as you are saying though. Lakeside will pound it on the ground most of the time and run the clock, then go to the air when Hot Springs gets complacent. At least that is what this message board coach thinks they will do.

No matter what it is going to be a great game and providing the weather is good, J.W. Chick Austin Field should be packed.

Hoghead

Quote from: RamFan06 on November 05, 2014, 03:05:36 pm

Lakeside  42
Hot Springs 35

The worst you have seen? What game did you watch? Obviously not the game we held Chapel, run first team, to 146 yards rushing, or the Hope game, -2 yards rushing. Our defense is streaky, but when they show up they are good. That isnt a blitz you are seeing every play we just have two guys that get into the backfield on almost every play, it's hard to stop them. Their problem is over pursuit, just because you can get to the QB every play doesnt mean you dont have an area of responsibility. Play your assignment.

TURNOVERS!!!! You are so right there. Whoever can force the most turnovers, or take advantage of the unforced will probably take this one. I dont think it will be as high scoring as you are saying though. Lakeside will pound it on the ground most of the time and run the clock, then go to the air when Hot Springs gets complacent. At least that is what this message board coach thinks they will do.

No matter what it is going to be a great game and providing the weather is good, J.W. Chick Austin Field should be packed.

Hope has no running game. So don't flatter yourself with those stats !

GuvHog

Lakeside  42
Hot Springs 35

WC just held Lakeside to 7 points which is the lowest they've scored in a game this year, I believe. If Lakeside's offense manages to score 42 points against HS, then WC's defense is for real.

Chughes11

I would love for hs to win! Because it's a rivalry & bragging rights! But hs gets #1 seed regardless and playoffs matter more!

roy quapaw

I am a HSLS alumni with my son playing for HSH and my nephew for HSLS.  I am passionately pulling for the Trojans fwiw.  That said, this is a rivalry game, and anything can happen.  Win or lose, just want to say how proud I am of Coach Vereen and all the Trojans.

I don't see LS overcoming the speed of Cleo Floyd, the size of our O line and D line, and the "intangibles" in this game.  HS has been suspect against the pass in years past, but have rectified this.   I look for HS to run the ball 99% of the time unless forced to pass (and why not, if you have the size advantage.)  And Goffagan is a much better passer than he is given credit for.

Our weaknesses at present are a propensity to fumble at the worst time, and penalties, fwiw.

If I had to pick a score, I would call it Trojans 35, Lakeside 14.  No disrespect to LS.  If you look at margin of victory in our conference game, you would see that when we win, it tends to be by a large margin.

Lanny

Hoggy

Quote from: Lanny on November 07, 2014, 10:06:36 am
Trojans will win this one.
If Hot Springs doesnt win this one they may never win it

RamFan06

Chughes11

What us think about cleo floyd? Great effort first half by LS, thought they were gunna give it to hs.

Chughes11

Meant to put ya. And cleo floyd is #2

FBFan92

hst

Hoghead

Quote from: Hoghead on November 03, 2014, 11:55:13 pm
Anthony Goffigan will lead the Trojans on to victory !!!!!

Nice job Nephew !!!!!   Congrats to the Trojans !!!

Lionheart88

Congrats to Coach Vereen and his Trojans.

RamFan06

Really a great effort by both teams. The final score does not tell the story of this game. Lakeside had the lead going into the 4th quarter but turned the ball over 3 times in the 4th all leading to scores. I will give it to Hot Springs, they capitalized on Lakesides mistakes and put points on the board. Lakeside was playing without their #1 WR and 2 of their O Lineman were playing on bad wheels. Proud of the defense, they did a good job most of the night containing the Hot Springs running game.

Now that the rivalry game is over, Let's go Trojans, time to bring a title home to the Spa City.

Chughes11

Ran fan is correct. Lakeside could of won the game, it was tight all the way till the end

roy quapaw

Always love rivalry games!  The game was closer than the score.   In the end, it was the speed our our running backs and size of O Line that made the difference.  Very happy for our seniors and coaches.  These guys deserved a conference title!

stayreddie

Quote from: RamFan06 on November 07, 2014, 10:57:56 pm
Really a great effort by both teams. The final score does not tell the story of this game. Lakeside had the lead going into the 4th quarter but turned the ball over 3 times in the 4th all leading to scores. I will give it to Hot Springs, they capitalized on Lakesides mistakes and put points on the board. Lakeside was playing without their #1 WR and 2 of their O Lineman were playing on bad wheels. Proud of the defense, they did a good job most of the night containing the Hot Springs running game.

Now that the rivalry game is over, Let's go Trojans, time to bring a title home to the Spa City.

Typical Lakeside fan response to a loss with excuses. LS best players were on the field all night and they took it on the chin. Hard fought game but the Lakeside defense is among the worst I've ever seen. No rhyme or reason to what they're doing? they're still looking for HS running backs this morning. They were lost all night. Congrats to the Trojans

Hoghead

Cleo Floyd & Anthony Goffigan put on show for Hot Springs ! Goffigan had TD runs of 32, 53 & 70 yards. Floyd scored on offense & defense with a 70 yard Interception TD return.

RamFan06

You know stayreddie, your have have known idea what your talking about. I was not making excuses. I believe I said that Lakeside ad mistakes in the 4th quarter that Hot Springs capitalized on, that's how they won the game. The Rams had the lead going into the 4th quarter and stopped the Trojans multiple times facing punts. The Rams defense is not their strength, never claimed it was, but they played well most of the night.

Lakesides main receiver and one of the starting safties, #9 Cody Cockrell played 3 plays, one of them was a Goffigan TD. He has an ankle injury he was trying to play through but obviously could not run so he was out the rest of the game. One of our left tackle has turf toe so bad he was also supposed to be out but played through it. Not sure if you have ever had turf toe but it isn't fun. Our starting right guard had a knee issue that he was also playing through.

Again no excuses, to be a championship team you have to have the depth to keep going when those things happen. Lakeside is getting there but isn't there yet.

So take the win like a man and support your team through the playoffs as I will.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas