• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maumelle vs LRCA

Started by Overdahill, November 02, 2014, 08:34:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Overdahill

I don't have a horse in this race but have been looking forward to this game for a while now.Any insight or predictions?

mijally

Will be curious if Maumelle coach decides to sit players since they have clinched. Does anyone know what coaches typically do in this situation? 

walkingguy72396

I think teams whose play-off spot will not change with a win or a loss.  Today's trend is to rest players that have for example minor sprains that would benefit from no full contact.

I think this practice is smart.  But not fair for teams who lost too the same team with its best available players on the field.

Chief_Osceola™

I think Maumelle will play to win the game. I'm sure they don't want to go into the playoffs with a loss, plus they'll probably want to stay sharp. I doubt any starters will sit if they can go.

mijally

Pulaski County publics north of the river vs the Pulaski County privates south of the River. Maumelle vs LRC and PA vs SH.  I think they play all out for the win also.

Overdahill

I'm thinking maumelle defense shuts down LRC offense and wins by 2 tds but I'm not highly confident in this prediction

msthang200721

LRCA came to play tonight hats off to both teams

Chief_Osceola™

November 07, 2014, 11:46:27 pm #7 Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 06:44:52 am by Chief_Osceola™
LRC played a good ballgame. Their running back and QB were giving us fits with the read option. They have a good team, but it's been like every other conference game - our speed was just too much to overcome. We had several big plays that went for scores once our guys got to the 2nd level. On the other side of the ball, LRC was very methodical moving the ball down the field. They're gonna be a tough draw in the playoffs.

Go Postal

Chief, what is really interesting is that Maumelle beat GOBS by 13, 'Briar  by 14 and then LRCA by 5 pts.  'Brair beats GOBS by 10, LRCA by 7, GOBS beat LRCA by 22.
These four teams have come full circle in the West against each other in conference play.
So they line up into the 1st rounds of the playoffs are...
Maumelle
Greenbrier
Harrison
LRCA
This is a good West lineup against the South in the 1st round.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Go Postal on November 08, 2014, 12:14:29 am
Chief, what is really interesting is that Maumelle beat GOBS by 13, 'Briar  by 14 and then LRCA by 5 pts.  'Brair beats GOBS by 10, LRCA by 7, GOBS beat LRCA by 22.
These four teams have come full circle in the West against each other in conference play.
Maumelle
Greenbrier
Harrison
LRCA

Wouldn't it be nice Postal to have a 5A West TV network for the playoffs? I'd pay for that tv package.  ;D

PercussionMan

Quote from: Go Postal on November 08, 2014, 12:14:29 am
Maumelle
Greenbrier
Harrison
LRCA

I agree...I think the West is very strong in those four seeds...I may be wrong once we see the results from the first round, but it could easily go 3-1 in the West's favor.  But, I would settle for 2-2 after all of the "West hating" trash talking garbage this year.  Even I said the West was down this year, but I think they have as good of a shot as any of the other conferences in the first round.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas