• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wynne @ Nettleton

Started by justalionfan, October 31, 2014, 11:03:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

justalionfan

Should be a dandy. Hope our team is healthy for the matchup

playmaker04

A D M

NettletonRaiders2014

Nettleton is on a 6 game win streak and is undefeated at home this season. They have the momentum and nothing to lose but everything to gain. That being said, Nettleton 31 Wynne 28

MDXPHD

michael2370

The Way Nettleton is playing I say Nettlton 28 to Wynne 21

walkingguy72396

Big game for both teams.

Even with the Jacket turn overs the D only gave up 20 to the Mustangs.

A good night against the Jacket D is 3 TD's.  Holding the Jacket O too less than 28 takes a really stellar defense.  So far Nettleton's D has not shown that they can hold a good offense too less than 30..

All that to say, Jackets win 42 to 14.

Intelligentsia

This could be a great game.  Nettleton will keep it close but I don't think they can defend against the Jackets multiple offensive threats and well disciplined players.  Wynne 35, Nettleton 21.

kwwolves2012

Nettleton will come to play. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Expect a physical game. If Wynne comes out flat like they did against FC, look out. We could have a barn burner. Ross Trail cannot keep throwing into coverage and our O-Line desperately needs to run block better. That being said, I think Wynne's athleticism and speed will get the Jackets a win in the 4th quarter.

Wynne 38-28

tmycjy

Hey just want to add that Wynne is undefeated on the road this season

Intelligentsia

Quote from: tmycjy on November 01, 2014, 04:11:31 pm
Hey just want to add that Wynne is undefeated on the road this season

Did they lose one at home ...  oh yeah, to the Pioneers, nearly forgot ;D. Just teasing you Chris!!  Looking forward to a possible rematch at War Memorial to allow the Jackets a chance for payback.

Uncle Ivan

FD4

Bring back the Diamond-T, you can always shift out of it. DC's have forgotten how to defend it.

OLineman

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 01, 2014, 07:12:58 pm
lol nettleton

Raiders are hitting the peace pipe a little to hard.

Uncle Ivan

Nettleton has never beaten Wynne.  Never.  Even when Wynne was a two and three win team, they still won that game.

Not to say it won't happen eventually.  Just not this year.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 03, 2014, 03:21:46 pm
Nettleton has never beaten Wynne.  Never.  Even when Wynne was a two and three win team, they still won that game.

Wynne will jump on Nettleton like they haven't seen all year.  It won't be a close game.

A D M

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 03, 2014, 03:21:46 pm

If you check team page Nettleton has beat Wynne twice and after Friday it will be three.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: A D M on November 03, 2014, 07:15:43 pm

If you check team page Nettleton has beat Wynne twice and after Friday it will be three.

I knew someone would say that.

2004 was the 35-0 beat down.  Wynne had that sick D-line, and ran a weird 3-1-7 defense that I like to talk about. 

2007...hmmm.  You know, I don't remember that one too well.  Maybe Nettleton did actually win that one.

A D M

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 03, 2014, 08:02:31 pm
Quote from: A D M on November 03, 2014, 07:15:43 pm

I knew someone would say that.

2004 was the 35-0 beat down.  Wynne had that sick D-line, and ran a weird 3-1-7 defense that I like to talk about. 

2007...hmmm.  You know, I don't remember that one too well.  Maybe Nettleton did actually win that one.
2007 was the year Derek Lawson broke the Arkansas rushing record, and yes Nettleton won.

Uncle Ivan

Checked, yeah, they did.  So Nettleton has won a game in the series, during that 2-8 season back in 2007.  Mea culpa.

I used to be able to recall scores...can't do that anymore.  Irritating.

Still doesn't matter either way, the matchup isn't there and Nettleton doesn't have the athletes.  To beat Wynne, you need to have some talent in key positions, play a perfect game, have Wynne make a slew of mistakes, and apparently get some gifts from the zebras.  It's a tall task to have all of that line up perfectly.

Quote from: A D M on November 03, 2014, 08:07:09 pm
2007 was the year Derek Lawson broke the Arkansas rushing record, and yes Nettleton won.

Don't you mean 2006?

A D M

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 03, 2014, 08:08:04 pm

Checked, yeah, they did.  So Nettleton has won a game in the series, during that 2-8 season back in 2007.  Mea culpa.

I used to be able to recall scores...can't do that anymore.  Irritating.

Still doesn't matter either way, the matchup isn't there and Nettleton doesn't have the athletes.  To beat Wynne, you need to have some talent in key positions, play a perfect game, have Wynne make a slew of mistakes, and apparently get some gifts from the zebras.  It's a tall task to have all of that line up perfectly.

Quote from: A D M on November 03, 2014, 08:07:09 pm

Don't you mean 2006?
You maybe right Uncle Ivan

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: A D M on November 03, 2014, 08:11:02 pm

I think it is, 06 was the year they made that semifinal run and I think Lawson was a senior then.

Took down White Hall and...um...I don't recall anymore.  This sucks.

A D M

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 03, 2014, 08:12:32 pm
Quote from: A D M on November 03, 2014, 08:11:02 pm

I think it is, 06 was the year they made that semifinal run and I think Lawson was a senior then.

Took down White Hall and...um...I don't recall anymore.  This sucks.
yea the memory just ain't what it used to be.

FanOfTheSport

Wynne is solid Nettleton is starting to heat up pulling for Nettleton!

eight

Wynne was only team to hold lawson under 100 yds in 2006. Wynne won 49-6 I believe.

FD4

Dont recall an 06 score either, but I dont believe Nettleton won, that was the year that PA beat us in Wynne by one point in the semi finals in one of the greatest games ever played.  Boyken and Garrett were in the backfield that year for Wynne, it was the gratuating year of 07.  PA was beat by Greenwood the following week for the state championship, Don Campbell retired after that year.

MDXPHD

Quote from: eight on November 04, 2014, 10:42:21 am
Wynne was only team to hold lawson under 100 yds in 2006. Wynne won 49-6 I believe.

Did he rush for 100 against Batesville? I don't remember that. I remember Batesville winning 42-7.

wynnefootballfan

November 04, 2014, 01:16:10 pm #28 Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 01:50:00 pm by wynnefootballfan
The big news that year was that Lawson set the Arkansas record and had only one game under 100yrd (Wynne). From this I would say that he had over 100 on Batesville though I have no proof of course.  I remeber that he had 63yds on Wynne with 31 on one run. I was there that night, It seemed like he had 30 carries or so. However many it acually was, I dont know but it was a bunch. It's not that I'm loseing my memory as I get older, It's just becoming random...lol.

Jackets should control the game. The Raiders are improved enough that mistakes could cost Wynne. Jackets need to jump on them and run away.

Rampage72501

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 04, 2014, 12:07:09 pm
Quote from: eight on November 04, 2014, 10:42:21 am

Did he rush for 100 against Batesville? I don't remember that. I remember Batesville winning 42-7.

Yes, he did.  Most of it came on a long scoring run, accounting for their 7 points.

MDXPHD

Quote from: wynnefootballfan on November 04, 2014, 01:16:10 pm
The big news that year was that Lawson set the Arkansas record and had only one game under 100yrd (Wynne). From this I would say that he had over 100 on Batesville though I have no proof of course.  I remeber that he had 63yds on Wynne with 31 on one run. I was there that night, It seemed like he had 30 carries or so. However many it acually was, I dont know but it was a bunch. It's not that I'm loseing my memory as I get older, It's just becoming random...lol.

Jackets should control the game. The Raiders are improved enough that mistakes could cost Wynne. Jackets need to jump on them and run away.

He ran for 224 yards on 21 carries.  I just looked it up.  Weird how a team can only score 7 points with that.

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 04, 2014, 06:47:07 pm
Quote from: wynnefootballfan on November 04, 2014, 01:16:10 pm

He ran for 224 yards on 21 carries.  I just looked it up.  Weird how a team can only score 7 points with that.

That is crazy. Pioneers have always been stingy at the goal line.

michael2370

If I remember he ran seventy to ninth yard total on first series. Was stopped on 4 the and one then he  ran off and on after that.  If I remember the right game.

StormF5

November 06, 2014, 12:39:19 pm #33 Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 12:42:36 pm by StormF5
Nettleton Alum here and I couldn't be happier with how the season is going, but let's not get ahead of ourselves...They will be hyped up for the game as they should be and it will be a good atmosphere...but...

Wynne 36
Nettleton 14

playmaker04

2 Wynne starters out tonight could make things interesting

JacketDad

Quote from: playmaker04 on November 07, 2014, 12:41:41 pm
2 Wynne starters out tonight could make things interesting
Which two?

playmaker04

Sam Wilson and nick flack with injuries

VVBlazer

kwwolves2012

Radio announcer for Wynne is saying that Nettleton receiver went out of bounds before making down the sideline to the one yard line. Any truth to that? 

The_Pioneer

Wynne is just always gettin cheated aren't they?

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 07, 2014, 08:07:38 pm

Must've been the Batesville crew.

kwwolves2012

Coach Hill just baffles me sometimes. His play calling in close/big games has always been suspect. He has great playmakers on the outside and a D1 QB yet runs draws for loss. We have little to no running game and an undersized O-Line. We have to take advantage of our speedy, possession receivers. Let Trail whip the ball down the field and give our guys a chance to make a play. Tunnel screens are okay too as long as the opposing DB's are small and easily blocked. It just kills me to see a team with skill everywhere but always play conservative. It always costs us when we play teams with a decent defense.

The_Pioneer

He threw some awful interceptions in our game.  Maybe there's a level of trust missing right now.

kwwolves2012

Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 07, 2014, 08:15:05 pm
He threw some awful interceptions in our game.  Maybe there's a level of trust missing right now.

Did the same in our Forrest City game. But when you can't run the ball, you have to stretch the field.

kwwolves2012

That's what happens when you throw the ball down the field. Wynne 50-29

walkingguy72396

Looks like Nettleton gave Wynne about all they could handle till the ball kept wanting too go back too Wynne.

OLineman

Wynne defense FINALLY showed up in the 2nd half getting several 3rd and 4th down stops. Guess getting slapped around a little bit by a good Nettleton team woke them up.

Intelligentsia

Nettleton is pretty good - I believe they will make it to the second round and who knows after that - a good bounce here, a turn over there ....:)

A D M

Wynne kept the Nettleton defense on the field most the second half and just wore the out.

Hoghead

Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 07, 2014, 08:07:38 pm

Sad to say, but yes ! I'm just waiting on the Fluke loss for them in this years playoffs to happen. They are the Fluke loss Champions of 5A football. Flukeville ! LOL !

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas