• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Van Buren @ Alma -Battle for the Bone-

Started by shiloh forever, August 23, 2006, 07:22:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Alma or Van Buren

Alma
43 (72.9%)
Van Buren
16 (27.1%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Go Postal

Quote from: Steve Perry 2.11 on August 25, 2016, 01:45:16 pm
Where's The Gooch.... ;)
I always enjoy this time of year when Alma flies it's special Sportmanship banner...

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: ahsalum on August 31, 2006, 10:21:08 am
Best receivers my state champion asss

Wait and see.
I don't know about the whole corps of receivers but I would guess Brayden Johnson is set to have a break out year.

Steve Perry 2.11

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on August 26, 2016, 09:01:29 am
I don't know about the whole corps of receivers but I would guess Brayden Johnson is set to have a break out year.

That statement was from an Alma/VB thread back in 2006 that was merged with this current Alma/VB thread.

Bray will have huge numbers this year if we can get him the ball consistently. We probably need throw to him 10-12 times a game. 15 in big games.

Steve Perry 2.11

Speaking of the Alma/VB rivalry. Twitter is full of BS this week between the two schools.

Mostly from uneducated VB punk students who couldn't troll a 5 year old.

jking7

Quote from: Steve Perry 2.11 on August 26, 2016, 09:51:22 am
Speaking of the Alma/VB rivalry. Twitter is full of BS this week between the two schools.

Mostly from uneducated VB punk students who couldn't troll a 5 year old.
indeed. And coming from a VB fan I wish we would talk a little less trash, one because we have not won in 5 years and two some of it is taken too far from either side. The sad part is most of the trash talkers are just students. Not players. So the people bashing eachother are not even part of who wins.

Steve Perry 2.11

Quote from: jking7 on August 26, 2016, 10:04:39 am
indeed. And coming from a VB fan I wish we would talk a little less trash, one because we have not won in 5 years and two some of it is taken too far from either side. The sad part is most of the trash talkers are just students. Not players. So the people bashing eachother are not even part of who wins.

Exactly. Last year it got way way waaay out of hand.

Just childish.

jking7

P.F.G.

I've seen some racial tweets already. Keep it classy VB

Steve Perry 2.11

Quote from: P.F.G. on August 28, 2016, 05:35:59 pm

Yes. I saw that too. Very typical. Did the same thing last year as well......but let me give you a new and improved low from VB. There was a tweet making light of our teacher that got killed two years ago when her car got hit by a dump truck, somewhere inside Ft Chaffey.....let me just tell you people something.....Karma is wicked and unforgiving sometimes and I wouldn't wish the same for the person who tweeted it but hey, they had the stupidity to tweet it.

Steve Perry 2.11

Unbelievable.....more garbage on Twitter. Most of it coming from VB students. Some of it going way over the line. One in particular directed at me. Parents, please raise your kids with a little more respect for tragedy.

It's just sad that kids today have no more respect for things like this than they do.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: P.F.G. on August 28, 2016, 05:35:59 pm
Good Lord, what can race have to do with VB or Alma?

AT

My uncle, grandfather, and great uncle will be honorary captains tomorrow at the game for Alma. Good on Alma to do this.

Favorite Alma-VB memory Steve? PFG?

Mine would be Loughridge's first game as of recently. Good game and a lot of excitement. My senior year, 2009, was a great game, although it ended in a tie.

PA Dad

Quote from: Almatrackster on August 29, 2016, 07:31:34 pm
My uncle, grandfather, and great uncle will be honorary captains tomorrow at the game for Alma. Good on Alma to do this.

Mine would be Loughridge's first game as of recently. Good game and a lot of excitement. My senior year, 2009, was a great game, although it ended in a tie.

That's a great honor for your family!  Congrats!

You're still a snot nosed youngster!  Us oldsters would love to be your age again.

AT

Quote from: PA Dad on August 29, 2016, 07:38:21 pm
That's a great honor for your family!  Congrats!

You're still a snot nosed youngster!  Us oldsters would love to be your age again.

I've been on here since the end of my senior year. I was a long time lurker during the height of FF posting.

I said some dumb stuff looking back, but not too dumb.

PA Dad

Quote from: Almatrackster on August 29, 2016, 07:50:55 pm
I've been on here since the end of my senior year. I was a long time lurker during the height of FF posting.

I said some dumb stuff looking back, but not too dumb.

Join the club.  Most of us have said dumb stuff at one time or another.

P.F.G.

Quote from: Almatrackster on August 29, 2016, 07:31:34 pm

Vines last year. Alma stuffed VB on a 2 point conversion late in the game to win the game. Vines was well beyond the hash celebrating with his defense as they ran off the field. That man loved to beat Van buren.

jking7

Anyone know what time the gates will open tonight?

AIREDALE25

Game starts a 7 so id say the gates open around 6pm

Steve Perry 2.11

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas