• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Van Buren @ Alma -Battle for the Bone-

Started by shiloh forever, August 23, 2006, 07:22:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Alma or Van Buren

Alma
43 (72.9%)
Van Buren
16 (27.1%)

Total Members Voted: 46

shiloh forever

Alma has won the bone for 4 consecutive years,what are your predictions and thoughts?

GeorgeWBush

Vines is taller than Chris Hill.  The dogs blow out the other dogs, Alma style.

Alma - 7
Van Buren - 3

vilnoia1football

Alma has a great team this year I have heard, so I think Alma will win over Van Buren.

The game I think will be a blow out by Alma.

looseliner

Went to VB scrimmage, Alma may win but VB will be fun to watch. Didn't know that type of offense was allowed in Crawford County???

gary961

Can you say..."ONE FOR THE THUMB!!!"

Quote from: X-Factor on August 23, 2006, 07:22:51 pm
Alma has won the bone for 4 consecutive years,what are your predictions and thoughts?

Babbling Bush

This game will not be close VB will dominate.

Joking Alma wins by at least 20

BillyJack™

August 24, 2006, 08:36:30 am #6 Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 06:33:09 am by BillyJack
As I said before!

ahsalum

Quote from: X-Factor on August 23, 2006, 07:22:51 pm

Alma will make it 5 consecutive years.

shiloh forever

Added a poll,vote away but don't forget to explain your decision on your pick.

vilnoia1football

Havn't heard any thing about Van Buren but Alma is a great team and should not have a problem winning the game.

BillyJack™

From what I'm hearing, Van Buren likes to air the ball out. Do that against the Alma defense and I'll say final 28~7 Alma. 7 of the 28 by the Alma defense!

tmycjy

RD™

BillyJack™

eagleslb_40

ftbl_rebel_1070

Tell me anyone does this game really even matter anymore? If Van Buren would pay the coaches more maybe they'd get a better one for a longer period of time.. Instead of getting a new one every year!

MUZZY

V.B. should be a better team than in years past but still not good enough to get past Alma.

Alma - 21
V.B. -  13

A-town#1

I say by Half-time JV will be in for Alma!!!!

Alma 35     Van Buren 7

FBguru

Quote from: ftbl_rebel_1070 on August 26, 2006, 06:15:40 pm
Tell me anyone does this game really even matter anymore? If Van Buren would pay the coaches more maybe they'd get a better one for a longer period of time.. Instead of getting a new one every year!

You have NO CLUE what you are talking about.  I'd hate to disclose the amount, but Hill's making just under $100,000, so I'd say your argument is pretty much bogus.  That's a nice little chunk of change for coaching high school football.  I know people in the state make higher, but not too many.

RD™

Quote from: A-town#1 on August 27, 2006, 03:16:37 am
I say by Half-time JV will be in for Alma!!!!

Alma 35     Van Buren 7
Read more, post less.

A-town#1

Hey man dont be mad cause thats the way its gonna be.... U know the only yellin that Coach Vines is gonna be doin on Friday night is " JV get ready"!!!!!!

Uncle Ivan

GeorgeWBush

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on August 29, 2006, 12:09:45 am
Quote from: GeorgeWBush on August 23, 2006, 08:15:53 pm
Vines is taller than Chris Hill.

Hill must be Wallace Hall-size, then.

Have you never seen him before?  He is probably 5'5 200 pounds.  It looks like he can still squat 500.  His nickname should be stump because that is what he looks like.

Alma_Alum06

The airedales this year have one of the better teams.  Though they wont have medeiros for qb they have one of what i would call the better qbs in the league and the best set of receivers.  The o-line and d-line have been re-tooled but are just as good as years past.  This game will be a close game until the 4th quarter but only because of the rivalry and the new system brought by Chris Hill.  Though i pick Alma on top because Hill will not have half the talent in Van Buren that he had in Morrilton and he couldn't even beat Alma at home last year.  Van Buren will be lucky to move the ball on the linebackers from Alma!

Alma-31 Van Buren-14

Shout out to my fattys on the O-Line! Keep that fatty tradition rollin! Micah and adam keep that line together and keep kelton out of trouble and you will walk into state.  This is your year.  Work hard every day in practice and you will never be stopped.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: GeorgeWBush on August 29, 2006, 12:55:57 pmHave you never seen him before?  He is probably 5'5 200 pounds.  It looks like he can still squat 500.  His nickname should be stump because that is what he looks like.

I wouldn't know Chris Hill if he walked through my front door, but I've seen Frank, and all he needs are the red eyes to complete the troll look.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Alma_Alum06 on August 29, 2006, 02:51:28 pmand you will walk into state.  This is your year.  Work hard every day in practice and you will never be stopped.

Hawaii Five-0™

Oh come on Uncle "I"...ease up on the newbie ;D

RD™

Quote from: Alma_Alum06 on August 29, 2006, 02:51:28 pm
The airedales this year have one of the better teams.  Though they wont have medeiros for qb they have one of what i would call the better qbs in the league and the best set of receivers.  The o-line and d-line have been re-tooled but are just as good as years past.  This game will be a close game until the 4th quarter but only because of the rivalry and the new system brought by Chris Hill.  Though i pick Alma on top because Hill will not have half the talent in Van Buren that he had in Morrilton and he couldn't even beat Alma at home last year.  Van Buren will be lucky to move the ball on the linebackers from Alma!

Alma-31 Van Buren-14

Shout out to my fattys on the O-Line! Keep that fatty tradition rollin! Micah and adam keep that line together and keep kelton out of trouble and you will walk into state.  This is your year.  Work hard every day in practice and you will never be stopped.

Best receivers my state champion asss

Father Guido

Quote from: Alma_Alum06 on August 29, 2006, 02:51:28 pm
have one of what i would call the better qbs in the league and the best set of receivers. 

That's a pretty bold statement for a team that has not really thrown the ball in the past.  That's kinda like Uncle Ivan proclaiming that Wynne's QB is the best passer.  I'm not quite convinced about this whole "AIR-Dales" thing yet.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Father Guido on August 29, 2006, 07:30:07 pmThat's kinda like Uncle Ivan proclaiming that Wynne's QB is the best passer.

We got the best hander-offer here Chuck! 

Alma2SC#35

Quote from: TheXFactor101 on August 28, 2006, 11:51:25 pm
Hey man dont be mad cause thats the way its gonna be.... U know the only yellin that Coach Vines is gonna be doin on Friday night is " JV get ready"!!!!!!

Back in my days at Alma Vines would just say "Get them young boy's helmets on" and that was usually at halftime.

Alma alot
VB not so much

^^^you can bet on that

Alma_Alum06

Not a newbie just changed my screen name because i no longer play.  The quarterback that took over this year is a passer.  Alma's defense is solid just like in years past and their offense is good as well.  The starting receivers were all-conference as juniors and will be all-state this year.  All the running backs got more than adequate playing time last year.  This team is full of experience and senior leadership.  I just graduated from there in the fall.  I know what these guys are capable of and the talent they are against.  I was an all-conference linemen for Alma.  But think what you want, we will see how it goes down Friday night and in December.

stubby

NikeMan

Quote from: stubby on August 30, 2006, 09:22:04 pm
Van Buren 30
Alma  24
No way VB scores 30 on Alma's D.

Alma 20
Van Buren12

Alma might score more points but I think they will start off slow.
How many points they score depends on how fast it take them
to get the first game jitters out of the way.
You got to remember even though Inge is a 2 year starter (Defense)
It'll take him a while too calm the nerves and get the
offense flowing. Both running backs are 1st year starters too.

Van Buren will score their second touchdown against
the 2nd string defense late in the game.

Have to give the dales the edge, playing at home in front of a BIG CROWD.
Inge wants to prove he's a good QB,  he's a better passer then Mederios,
(not knocking Joe)

newenglandfan_2006

Quote from: Bigelow Panthers 1-0 on August 23, 2006, 08:15:53 pm
Vines is taller than Chris Hill.  The dogs blow out the other dogs, Alma style.

Alma - 7
Van Buren - 3

Its going to be a blow out guys! alma 42-7

newenglandfan_2006

alma would beat van buren!  the score will be 42-7

Seahawk

Quote from: stubby on August 30, 2006, 09:22:04 pm
Van Buren 30
Alma  24

You should never drink and write at the same time!!!

ahsalum

OldAiredaleDawg

Quote from: The Realtor on August 30, 2006, 03:30:03 pm
Quote from: TheXFactor101 on August 28, 2006, 11:51:25 pm

Back in my days at Alma Vines would just say "Get them young boy's helmets on" and that was usually at halftime.

Alma alot
VB not so much

^^^you can bet on that
heck i know who this is. BB here. I was a soph when you were a Sr.

A-town#1

August 31, 2006, 07:36:04 pm #41 Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 07:44:34 pm by TheXFactor101
Van Buren 30
Alma  24

^^^HAHAHAHA Sry try again

Gary Elsken

I'll be at this game for work, and I am excited.  I've only shot one Battle of the Bone, I think it was 2004.  Van Buren was just outclassed that entire year.  Although, I am still going with Alma this year, I think we'll see some changes.

Coach Hill has the Pointers more excited than they have been in years.  You can tell by the number of kids ready to dress out in the green uni's. 

We all know Hill is a great coach, now is his time to prove that he is one of the top hc's in the state.  If he rebuilds Van Buren back to the top of the 7A west (I still remember them beating my Grizzlies at War Memorial my Jr year) the point will be made.

Will it happen this year or this game?  No, but we'll see a new Van Buren team on the field.  In 2007, Alma needs to look out.

But then again how can you go against Coach Vines and Airedales ever?  They are like the Patriots in the NFL the last several years except it stretches back 20 or more.

Bases-Lded

Quote from: Gary Elsken on August 31, 2006, 11:29:45 pm
I'll be at this game for work, and I am excited.  I've only shot one Battle of the Bone, I think it was 2004.  Van Buren was just outclassed that entire year.  Although, I am still going with Alma this year, I think we'll see some changes.

Coach Hill has the Pointers more excited than they have been in years.  You can tell by the number of kids ready to dress out in the green uni's. 

We all know Hill is a great coach, now is his time to prove that he is one of the top hc's in the state.  If he rebuilds Van Buren back to the top of the 7A west (I still remember them beating my Grizzlies at War Memorial my Jr year) the point will be made.

Will it happen this year or this game?  No, but we'll see a new Van Buren team on the field.  In 2007, Alma needs to look out.

But then again how can you go against Coach Vines and Airedales ever?  They are like the Patriots in the NFL the last several years except it stretches back 20 or more.
It will not change until it starts changing in your junior highs.

Babbling Bush

From what I hear it is already changing in the jr. highs.

AIREDALE25

Okay so Alma Is going for the 6peat will they get it? I think so

beach bum

Steve Perry 2.11

Steve Perry 2.11

Chief_Osceola™

This thread is a who's-who of hall of fame level posters from back in the day.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas