• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lakeside vs. Robinson

Started by RamFan06, August 29, 2016, 12:44:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RamFan06

First kickoff in Arkansas is at 5 from WMS. If you want your football fix you can listen on www.myhotsprings.com, use the listen live link for 104.5 The Bull.

Overdahill

kingoftherapids

holler at me. i plan on going. ill come up to the box and hangout during halftime or something.

MDXPHD

August 29, 2016, 06:14:22 pm #3 Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 06:26:03 pm by MDXPHD
This game got out of hand quickly. Robinson is putting it on them. 51-14 in the second quarter.

Eskola with 7 tds I think?

WPWells

Is Lakeside aware that football started tonight?

Overdahill

Whoa, I don't remember Joe T ever putting up 51 in a half b4  :o

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Fred Bird on August 29, 2016, 06:53:31 pm
Is Lakeside aware that football started tonight?

their secondary isnt..

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on August 29, 2016, 06:14:22 pm
This game got out of hand quickly. Robinson is putting it on them. 51-14 in the second quarter.

Eskola with 7 tds I think?

That has to be poor sportsmanship - running up the score!

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on August 29, 2016, 07:06:05 pm

interestingly..the PA fans are stuck on this more than the ones who dislike them.

I have yet to figure out how every thread ends up being about PA.

Brian G

Quote from: PA Dad on August 29, 2016, 07:06:05 pm
Same score after 3.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on August 29, 2016, 07:13:26 pm
interestingly..the PA fans are stuck on this more than the ones who dislike them.

I have yet to figure out how every thread ends up being about PA.

Well, PA fans wonder why a big win by PA is poor sportsmanship and is quickly condemned but there is no comment when any other team runs up the score.

PigskinPete

Robinson's starters didn't play the second half. Also, Robinson's QB took a knee to end the first half.

Escola has a little sense.

PA Dad

Quote from: PigskinPete on August 29, 2016, 07:26:42 pm
Robinson's starters didn't play the second half. Also, Robinson's QB took a knee to end the first half.

And PA's starters rarely play the second half.  Your point is?

PigskinPete

My point is, Robinson wasn't running up the score.

Are you paranoid or what?

PA Dad

Quote from: PigskinPete on August 29, 2016, 07:38:00 pm
My point is, Robinson wasn't running up the score.

Are you paranoid or what?

Paranoid, schizophrenic and manic depressive.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PigskinPete on August 29, 2016, 07:26:42 pm

That's enough to rebut his argument. Don't worry..the PA fans will keep going. It's like the little man syndrome extends all the way to the message boards. Maybe we should stop acknowledging their comments except for on their own threads?

Anyway, kudos to Robinson for winning with class. Sounds like they might be dangerous on offense this season. Granted, it is Lakeside but 51 in a half is a lot of points.

Brian G

Quote from: PA Dad on August 29, 2016, 07:29:15 pm
And PA's starters rarely play the second half.  Your point is?
One you'll never understand.

PA Dad

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on August 29, 2016, 07:40:35 pm
That's enough to rebut his argument. Don't worry..the PA fans will keep going. It's like the little man syndrome extends all the way to the message boards. Maybe we should stop acknowledging their comments except for on their own threads?

Anyway, kudos to Robinson for winning with class. Sounds like they might be dangerous on offense this season. Granted, it is Lakeside but 51 in a half is a lot of points.

Come on MDX, you know you would be bored without the PA posters to pick on!

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on August 29, 2016, 07:46:17 pm
Come on MDX, you know you would be bored without the PA posters to pick on!

This is true. But EVERY thread can't be about y'all lol.

GuvHog

Quote from: MDXPHD on August 29, 2016, 07:40:35 pm

It's rather surprising to me. Not that Robinson won, mind you, but that they dominated Lakeside so badly and Lakeside returned so many starters.

~WPS~

Lakeside looked bad. The secondary was lost all game. The offense had its times where it looked ok but they'd turn it over every time they got a drive going.

Oldbadger

Seems that the last TD put it over the 35 point sportsmanship  level,  so they played the second team.  No running up there.  The way a coach should do it , in my opinion.

nuttinbuthogs

Sportsmanship?  I never have believed it was the offenses job to stop itself from scoring.  Play the bench but let em play.  It seems to be a lot of peoples first reaction to say its unsportsmanlike but what about the kids that get it to play after the game is out of hand and are held in check.  I always thought those kids ought to get to show their stuff. If the can.

Oldbadger

I wasn't there but I don't believe the Robinson coach told his second team not to score.  They just couldn't evidently. 

PA Dad

MDX is right, maybe for the first time in his life.  I derailed this thread and I really didn't intend to do so.  I apologize.

I know Joe T is loaded this year but they are either better than I ever expected or Lakeside is not nearly as good as advertised.  Lakeside lost to SH early last year and rebounded to a conference championship.  Maybe they can do so again.  I'd like to hear what the Lakeside fans think.

And, since there is no thread on the McClellan game, let me say they had an impressive win over a Dallas team that's supposed to be good.  I think McClellan is for real.

Lanny

McBride is an outstanding coach at Lakeside, early non conference games have zero bearings on the conference run.

AirWarren

Quote from: Lanny on August 29, 2016, 10:04:01 pm
McBride is an outstanding coach at Lakeside, early non conference games have zero bearings on the conference run.

He will never win the big game at lakeside.

RamFan06

Not a good start to the season for the Rams. Robinson on the other hand is loaded. They have multiple D1 recruits in both the 2017 and 2018 class on both sides of the ball. Not sure what Warren, Ashdown or Nashville have this year, but everyone in the 4A is going to have their hands full with this Robinson team. Their weak spot is at QB and he is a good young QB.

Lakeside on the other hand has a leadership problem in my opinion. They need someone to step up and become the vocal/emotional leader of that team. The secondary looked lost most of the night. They were able to stay with the Robinson receivers when they were in position, but that was the problem, they were out of position often. The Offense looked better as the game went on. The "Starter" didnt start, and didnt play until the end of the 1st quarter, early 2nd quarter. His first pass was a 20+yard TD. Getting the run established early is going to be key for the Rams, and with Swanson, they can do that.

McBride will right the ship and get these boys back in line. I still think, with some adjustments and leadership in the locker room and on the sideline, this team can challenge for the conf title again, but if no one steps up, they will continue to play flat, with no emotion and wont go far at all.

RamFan06

Quote from: Lanny on August 29, 2016, 10:04:01 pm

So true. He wants that challenge early in the season. No early cupcake games for a Jared McBride coached team. They could lose all 3, as long as they learn from it and run through the conference, who then cares about those 3 losses?

RamFan06

Quote from: AirWarren on August 29, 2016, 10:18:32 pm
He will never win the big game at lakeside.

It takes a long time to change a culture of being satisfied with mediocre. When McBride came in, no one expected much out of the Rams, even their fans. Now, he has put in a true program. These kids are starting to learn the McBride system in 4th grade. They use the same formations, same play calls, same techniques that are being taught in the high school. This is starting to pay dividends with the Sophomore class this year. I was impressed with these young guys coming in and showing some maturity and football smarts right off the bat. You also can now see the benefits of a real strength program. With one exception, you dont have an O-lineman under 265, and one of the tackles gained 25 pounds of muscle in the off season and put 235 lbs up 23 times at the Arkansas Varsity combine. Not many guys are going to do that.

I dont think he is there yet, but with the coaches he is bringing in, young guys with some college and pro experience, and the program he is putting in place, Lakeside is here to stay as a top 5A South team. Hopefully they can get over the hump and become a perennial top 5A team.

Overdahill

Lakeside sustained a lot of drives last year between Housley and Bradford and the dynamic will be different this with them having graduated; big shoes to fill. But getting the younger grades engaged in learning the system early and implementing the weight training and conditioning program is the way to do it long term. I like your comment about lockeroom leadership; I think that aspect is often under appreciated.

nuttinbuthogs

Lakeside seems to be still an up and down program.  Have a ways to go yet. 

GuvHog

August 30, 2016, 04:06:24 pm #33 Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 04:08:32 pm by GuvHog
Quote from: RamFan06 on August 30, 2016, 09:17:30 am
It takes a long time to change a culture of being satisfied with mediocre. When McBride came in, no one expected much out of the Rams, even their fans. Now, he has put in a true program. These kids are starting to learn the McBride system in 4th grade. They use the same formations, same play calls, same techniques that are being taught in the high school. This is starting to pay dividends with the Sophomore class this year. I was impressed with these young guys coming in and showing some maturity and football smarts right off the bat. You also can now see the benefits of a real strength program. With one exception, you dont have an O-lineman under 265, and one of the tackles gained 25 pounds of muscle in the off season and put 235 lbs up 23 times at the Arkansas Varsity combine. Not many guys are going to do that.

I dont think he is there yet, but with the coaches he is bringing in, young guys with some college and pro experience, and the program he is putting in place, Lakeside is here to stay as a top 5A South team. Hopefully they can get over the hump and become a perennial top 5A team.

Coach McBryde came within an eyelash of getting kicked out of the stadium late in the Game against WC last year. I was shocked to see him totally lose control like that. It's my understanding that he was given a very stern warning by the AOA that such behavior will not be tolerated this year.

RamFan06

Quote from: GuvHog on August 30, 2016, 04:06:24 pm
Coach McBryde came within an eyelash of getting kicked out of the stadium late in the Game against WC last year. I was shocked to see him totally lose control like that.

He is an intense guy. You would never know it talking to him off the field, very quiet and soft spoken, but get him in the locker room or on the sideline, a switch gets thrown and he is a different guy. He is also a smart enough guy to be able to get within an eyelash of being tossed and then reign it in. He isnt going to jeopardize the season, or the playoffs in that situation, because he wants to push his point. He does work the officials most of the game though. If you watch him he is usually talking behind the official on his side, has to make them aware of the things he sees you know, that's his responsibility!

GuvHog

Quote from: RamFan06 on August 30, 2016, 04:12:02 pm
He is an intense guy. You would never know it talking to him off the field, very quiet and soft spoken, but get him in the locker room or on the sideline, a switch gets thrown and he is a different guy. He is also a smart enough guy to be able to get within an eyelash of being tossed and then reign it in. He isnt going to jeopardize the season, or the playoffs in that situation, because he wants to push his point. He does work the officials most of the game though. If you watch him he is usually talking behind the official on his side, has to make them aware of the things he sees you know, that's his responsibility!

I wonder how long it'll be before Shiloh comes-a-callin' for him with an open check book.

nuttinbuthogs

McBride, been there 6 years a little over 50%. I'm not knocking him so don't jump to conclusions, I'm just wondering is the praise warranted yet or is he still building a resume?

RamFan06

Took his first LS team to the playoffs after 1 win the previous season, then going to the playoffs multiple times after since arriving. Last year winning the first conf championship in 40 years and he has sent multiple players to the next level which very rarely happened at Lakeside in the recent past. He isnt there yet but he is on the right track. If he had come into a situation with a team full of talent he could have been more successful much quicker, he is building a program at LS not just a team.

GuvHog

Quote from: RamFan06 on August 30, 2016, 09:13:47 pm
Took his first LS team to the playoffs after 1 win the previous season, then going to the playoffs multiple times after since arriving. Last year winning the first conf championship in 40 years and he has sent multiple players to the next level which very rarely happened at Lakeside in the recent past. He isnt there yet but he is on the right track. If he had come into a situation with a team full of talent he could have been more successful much quicker, he is building a program at LS not just a team.

Lakeside has a storied history though. They may be the only High School in the state to have had a QB that was named Little All American. That's a very prestigious High School award.

RamFan06

Quote from: GuvHog on August 31, 2016, 08:00:18 am
Lakeside has a storied history though. They may be the only High School in the state to have had a QB that was named Little All American. That's a very prestigious High School award.

I am only familiar with the recent past of Lakeside football since I am a transplant, but I am starting to research some of the history of this team and am finding it very interesting. Arkansas High School Football has some deep connections with the history of NCAA and Pro football.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas