• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jonesboro vs. Batesville @ ASU

Started by OB11, August 28, 2016, 03:01:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OB11

PA Dad

This game is good for both teams.  It gives a good indication of the strength of the teams, at least if it's not a blowout which I don't expect.  And both teams are predicted to be good.

I'll go out on a limb and predict that Batesville gets its first win in this series.

Lumberjackfan1978

Should be a good game,I'll go with Batesville in a close one

PA Dad

It's abnormal for a Batesville team to turn the ball over four times.  And, the Batesville defense doesn't look good.

But, Batesville seems to start slow and get better every year.  I expect them to be in the mix in late November.

ricepig

Quote from: PA Dad on August 30, 2016, 09:36:19 pm
It's abnormal for a Batesville team to turn the ball over four times.  And, the Batesville defense doesn't look good.

But, Batesville seems to start slow and get better every year.  I expect them to be in the mix in late November.

I think 2 of the Int's were on screen passes trying to float it over a DE rushing, the other was on a zone blitz where the NG dropped back in coverage and the QB hit him between the numbers. Batesville's lines were weaker than I thought they would be, but like you, they'll be there in November.

The_Pioneer

Ouch, that was tough to watch.  We'll improve over this and 10 days between games won't hurt one little bit.  The defense was a big disappointment to me.  We didn't tackle well at all.

PA Dad

Quote from: The_Pioneer on August 30, 2016, 10:36:43 pm
Ouch, that was tough to watch.  We'll improve over this and 10 days between games won't hurt one little bit.  The defense was a big disappointment to me.  We didn't tackle well at all.

This year may be similar to last year.  Slow start but there as always at the end of the season.

Rocko1493

The four turnovers were unusual take aware the fist quarter and it is a great game.  Batesville still lost by 24 to a better team on this night. 65-41.

GuvHog

Quote from: The_Pioneer on August 30, 2016, 10:36:43 pm

How many times last year did Batesville's Defense come close to giving up 65 points in 1 game?? Their defense was good at the beginning of the season and got even better as the season progressed. Sounds like they have problems on that side of the ball this year and a long way to go.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: GuvHog on August 31, 2016, 08:11:44 am
How many times last year did Batesville's Defense come close to giving up 65 points in 1 game?? Their defense was good at the beginning of the season and got even better as the season progressed. Sounds like they have problems on that side of the ball this year and a long way to go.

Jonesboro's offense would give even the best 7A teams trouble. Don't judge them too hard off of this game.

FD4

While you cant really say, but 28 unanswered points off turnovers, kills anybody.  Otherwise, its 41 / 37 Batesville.  But, you could not say for sure Jonesboro would not have scored on 4 possessions, the fact of the matter was, 3 out of the 4 turnovers set JB up on a very short field.  As for the fumble inside the 5 by Batesville, the Neers got that one back via INT.  I will say this, Jonesboro has to be the biggest 6A team in the state.  Physical size that is.  As for Adams, I just figured he was your typical athlete, WRONG, I am going to enjoy watching this guy play at the next two levels.  Aint selling those linemen short either.  You just dont see that kind of size in high school these days.

OB11

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on August 31, 2016, 08:19:12 am
Jonesboro's offense would give even the best 7A teams trouble. Don't judge them too hard off of this game.

Yes, Jonesboro's offense is legit.  If they can get their defense anywhere near where it needs to be, they will be scary this year. 

ricepig

Quote from: OB11 on August 31, 2016, 09:27:15 am
Yes, Jonesboro's offense is legit.  If they can get their defense anywhere near where it needs to be, they will be scary this year.

They've figured out how to stop the run up the middle, that was a good move putting Miles at NG. Now they need some players in the secondary, but Jonesboro has struggled there since Coleman's second year.

OB11

Quote from: ricepig on August 31, 2016, 10:36:04 am
They've figured out how to stop the run up the middle, that was a good move putting Miles at NG. Now they need some players in the secondary, but Jonesboro has struggled there since Coleman's second year.

I agree, Miles is a difference maker in the middle.  The secondary almost cost them in the first half last night a couple of times but were able to recover just enough to make a play.  Definitely the weak link on the defense. 

The_Pioneer

For sure, the secondary at Jonesboro is pretty bad.  Shore that up and they'll give PB plenty.

Youngsta71701

Batesville's defense gave up 65 points?! What happened?!

OB11

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 01, 2016, 01:22:05 pm
Batesville's defense gave up 65 points?! What happened?!

Jonesboro's offense is pretty darn good.

MHFAN

Would not be too hard on defense.  They did force 4 turnovers and another fumble in second half at goal line that Batesville lucky to recover.  I think Batesville much better offensively than most teams you will face in conference.

GuvHog

Quote from: OB11 on September 01, 2016, 01:32:49 pm
Jonesboro's offense is pretty darn good.

That may be true but when a defense gives up 65 points in a game there are serious problems with it. Granted, that won't matter in a bunch of Batesville's games because they are good enough on offense to just line up and out score some of their opponents. They really need to get their defense on track before they play Wynne, Blytheville, and Forrest City or they could be staring at 3 conference losses.

MDXPHD

Quote from: GuvHog on September 02, 2016, 08:57:40 am
That may be true but when a defense gives up 65 points in a game there are serious problems with it. Granted, that won't matter in a bunch of Batesville's games because they are good enough on offense to just line up and out score some of their opponents. They really need to get their defense on track before they play Wynne, Blytheville, and Forrest City or they could be staring at 3 conference losses.

Batesville definitely didn't play well on defense but Jonesboro started with a very short field several times. 4 turnovers and some long kickoff returns.

ricepig

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 02, 2016, 09:19:34 am
Batesville definitely didn't play well on defense but Jonesboro started with a very short field several times. 4 turnovers and some long kickoff returns.

I left at halftime, did either team punt?

FD4

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas