• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Alma Make It To War Memorial This Year?

Started by AIREDALE25, August 25, 2016, 01:21:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AIREDALE25

I have a feeling this year will be the year, Coming down from the 6A-7A to the 5A. Thinking the only real though opponent will be Greenwood " I'm not saying there all going top be easy" because there not going to be! What do y'all think?

MDXPHD

Can't tell if this is Steve Perry or not.

They won't. Watson Chapel thought the same thing. (Yes, you haven't had the same athletes..blah blah)

Alma will be a top 5 team, but they will have plenty of competition and I don't think they will be at War Memorial.

AIREDALE25

How far into the playoffs do you think they will get?

beach bum

The winner of the 5A West I think can make it to WMS because if I remember correctly they are opposite of PA in the bracket this fall. The Morrilton vs. Alma game will be a dandy this year deciding the 5A West crown IMO. Greenbrier and Harrison could be solid but those two teams seem to be a cut above the other 6 teams.

Steve Perry 2.11

Quote from: AIREDALE25 on August 25, 2016, 01:21:23 pm
Thinking the only real though opponent will be Greenwood

Well...thinking like that will get your ass beat by the likes of Clarksville and Farmington.

So let's not say things like that.

Quote from: MDXPHD on August 25, 2016, 01:23:50 pm
Can't tell if this is Steve Perry or not.

Seriously?.....I mean I know I drink a lot, but I'd also like to think I don't talk to myself.

Quote from: MDXPHD on August 25, 2016, 01:23:50 pm

They won't. Watson Chapel thought the same thing

We're not Watson Chapel.

This is probably going to be the best team Alma has fielded since 2005......well, let me correct that. This is probably going to be the most physical team Alma has had since 2005...which could end up being the best team since then. This year's team is really reminiscent of a Vines coached team. A very tough-nosed defense.

PA Dad

I'll be surprised if Alma doesn't make a deep run in the playoffs.  But, depending on the playoff brackets, they'll have to beat a tough team in the semis to make it to WM.  I'd give them as good a chance of being in the championship as I would Batesville, PA or Wynne.

The_Pioneer

Give it to them now.  Playing in 6A makes them unbeatable now.

Overdahill

Go Postal

Quote from: The_Pioneer on August 25, 2016, 02:14:53 pm
I'm thinking about ordering my Airedale State Champion shirt now. ;)

tmycjy

I say alma good enough to make it to the quarterfinals of the playoffs

Overdahill

Quote from: Go Postal on August 25, 2016, 03:13:19 pm
I'm thinking about ordering my Airedale State Champion shirt now. ;)

Will Alma repeat in 2017?

MDXPHD

Quote from: Overdahill on August 25, 2016, 03:26:35 pm
Will Alma repeat in 2017?

Absolutely. That will mean they came from 6A two years prior to that season, so they will indeed win another championship.

The Future

Come playoffs, the 2 best teams in 5A will be PA and Alma.
Well just have to see what the brackets look like. Surely the two will meet either week 13 or 14.

Alma definitely has what it takes to make it to week 14 at 12-1. 10-3 at absolute worst. PA will definitely be the best team they face all year. Well, second best  8)

Futures 2nd bold 2016 prediction: Alma starts their 3 peat run of titles this season!!!

the voice

MDXPHD

Quote from: The Future on August 25, 2016, 04:59:36 pm
Well just have to see what the brackets look like. Surely the two will meet either week 13 or 14.

Alma definitely has what it takes to make it to week 14 at 12-1. 10-3 at absolute worst. PA will definitely be the best team they face all year. Well, second best  8)

Futures 2nd bold 2016 prediction: Alma starts their 3 peat run of titles this season!!!

So many untrue statements in this post.

Overdahill

thanks Future. Is there a multiyear discount of tee shirts and rings if we order now?

The Future

Quote from: Overdahill on August 25, 2016, 06:04:00 pm
thanks Future. Is there a multiyear discount of tee shirts and rings if we order now?

Of course there is. Buy 1 for the price of two and get the second one free.

Overdahill

Quote from: The Future on August 25, 2016, 06:26:02 pm
Of course there is. Buy 1 for the price of two and get the second one free.

should be an easy sell to anyone who buys the 3 peat story  :)

beach bum

Quote from: The_Pioneer on August 25, 2016, 02:14:53 pm

I actually agree.... It's true. Alma will be for real this year.

The Future

Quote from: Overdahill on August 25, 2016, 06:31:31 pm
should be an easy sell to anyone who buys the 3 peat story  :)
I didn't spend 7 years in buisness college for nuthin :)

PA Dad

August 25, 2016, 08:45:20 pm #20 Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 08:59:12 pm by PA Dad
I really have no idea how good Alma is.  But I was impressed with what PA did to Bryant.  I expect a much stronger 5A this year.  I think PA, Alma, McClellan, Batesville, and Wynne will all be strong contenders.  And, Morrilton may well be in the mix too.

And I expect that Blythville will make a big impact this year.  I would not be surprised to see them in the semis.

The South is a real question.  It looks like WC is the favorite.  We'll see.

PA Dad

It's too bad PA and GW don't play this year.  We need to test your assertion!

Overdahill

Quote from: PA Dad on August 25, 2016, 09:36:24 pm

If he offers you a tee shirt deal.......run!

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on August 25, 2016, 09:36:24 pm

Since GW is 6A, PA can't play them in the regular season...I think I saw that in the student handbook. Maybe y'all can set up a scrimmage next year?

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on August 25, 2016, 10:20:58 pm
Since GW is 6A, PA can't play them in the regular season...I think I saw that in the student handbook. Maybe y'all can set up a scrimmage next year?

We all know scrimmages don't count.  We need a real game!

The Future

Quote from: Overdahill on August 25, 2016, 10:09:40 pm
If he offers you a tee shirt deal.......run!

Haha! Guess I shouldn't quit my day job.

tmycjy

Quote from: PA Dad on August 25, 2016, 08:45:20 pm
I really have no idea how good Alma is.  But I was impressed with what PA did to Bryant.  I expect a much stronger 5A this year.  I think PA, Alma, McClellan, Batesville, and Wynne will all be strong contenders.  And, Morrilton may well be in the mix too.

And I expect that Blythville will make a big impact this year.  I would not be surprised to see them in the semis.

The South is a real question.  It looks like WC is the favorite.  We'll see.

My thinking is who get the right seed yes if u get the right seed u could go far if u get the wrong seed good team will have to play each other and some one will be going home early

Steve Perry 2.11

Quote from: The Future on August 25, 2016, 06:26:02 pm
Buy 1 for the price of two and get the second one free.

Like your verbiage right there.

4thandgoal

Quote from: AIREDALE25 on August 25, 2016, 01:21:23 pm
I have a feeling this year will be the year, Coming down from the 6A-7A to the 5A. Thinking the only real though opponent will be Greenwood " I'm not saying there all going top be easy" because there not going to be! What do y'all think?

Yes,

Alma will make it to War Memorial, but they will be sitting in the stands with me eating popcorn and drinking coca cola enjoying watching Pulaski Academy and Little Rock McClellan ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas