• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Camden Fairview vs Monticello (Scrimmage)

Started by The A-Team, August 24, 2016, 01:43:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The A-Team

Did anyone go to the game and what were your thoughts?

GuvHog

I didn't go but this was posted in the 4A forum:

Monticello    15
Camden FV  14

That has to make Fairview fans nervous.

wildboy44

Quote from: GuvHog on August 24, 2016, 02:30:18 pm

Monticello    15
Camden FV  14

Fairview won Varsity 14-9 and lost JV 7-0

GuvHog

spongebob

Quote from: GuvHog on August 24, 2016, 02:30:18 pm

Monticello    15
Camden FV  14

CF fans aren't nervous. We know exactly what talent we have on the field and in the pressbox since 2014.

Overdahill

Quote from: spongebob on August 24, 2016, 04:49:29 pm
CF fans aren't nervous. We know exactly what talent we have on the field and in the pressbox since 2014.

I'm not even a CFV fan and it makes me nervous for them :D

Maynard G Krebs

Talent in the pressbox?  What does that mean?

that1guy2110

They think the only reason they havent been winning is all because of the coaches. They are basically all gone so we will see. From what I have heard the cards are small but fast. I havent gotten a chance to see them for myself yet. I think the new staff will get the most from them.     

The A-Team

I'm confused. What does that mean?

oldcard

I'm confused as well

Youngsta71701

Are you saying the eyes in the sky can't see, don't know what they are seeing, or just don't know what to look for? :-\

Youngsta71701

I got one question. How did the QB play look? I think the defense will be pretty good.

Cardinalboi07

Coming from a fan who attended the game, Im not nervous at all. It's the first year, the game was supposed to be at home but got changed to there mid last week, and the boys have been practicing inside for what seems like has been an eternity because of the rain. The offense moved it but flags messed us up in the red zone. Running game could be something pretty good. line has to improve but showed some potential. Both QB's played and they kept the ball out of the other team's hands which was my main concern. Defense has improved especially on the corners - only got beat deep once and I think it was when JV was in. D-line looked good for the most part. Did give up a big run early but big plays were limited afterwards. My biggest complaint is having to stare into the Sun for most of the first half.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Cardinalboi07 on August 25, 2016, 03:43:17 pm
Coming from a fan who attended the game, Im not nervous at all. It's the first year, the game was supposed to be at home but got changed to there mid last week, and the boys have been practicing inside for what seems like has been an eternity because of the rain. The offense moved it but flags messed us up in the red zone. Running game could be something pretty good. line has to improve but showed some potential. Both QB's played and they kept the ball out of the other team's hands which was my main concern. Defense has improved especially on the corners - only got beat deep once and I think it was when JV was in. D-line looked good for the most part. Did give up a big run early but big plays were limited afterwards. My biggest complaint is having to stare into the Sun for most of the first half.
As long as the QB's don't turn the ball over we should be fine. Thanks for the info.

Cardinalboi07

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on August 25, 2016, 03:51:34 pm
As long as the QB's don't turn the ball over we should be fine. Thanks for the info.
Indeed

The A-Team

Quote from: Cardinalboi07 on August 25, 2016, 03:43:17 pm
You said that both QB's played. How did they do? In your opinion. A co-worker told me his opinion.

browning_gold_12

I watched it on the radio. Sounded like the OL struggled. A close friend that was there told me that the first game jitters got 'em pretty bad early. Fast is a word he used as well. Really love what I am hearing about the staff. If you aren't doing your job, someone else will. Hustle is the name of the game. No one walks anywhere especially in practice. It appears that CJM and crew run a pretty tight ship! Looking forward to seeing them develop these young men and get the program back to the level it once was.

Cardinalboi07

Quote from: The A-Team on August 25, 2016, 05:35:40 pm
You said that both QB's played. How did they do? In your opinion. A co-worker told me his opinion.
They both showed the ability to manage the game, which I think is what this offense will require. 14 made good, safe decisions and held on to the ball through a couple of good hits. 10 was very charismatic and I think the team responded to that pretty well. appeared Athletic and confident.

The A-Team

Quote from: Cardinalboi07 on August 26, 2016, 11:14:43 am
They both showed the ability to manage the game, which I think is what this offense will require. 14 made good, safe decisions and held on to the ball through a couple of good hits. 10 was very charismatic and I think the team responded to that pretty well. appeared Athletic and confident.
That's kind of what I've been told in different words. I was told #10 looked pretty good to only be a sophomore running his first offensive drive in high school. He's also a pretty big kid. 

spongebob

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on August 24, 2016, 06:05:32 pm
Talent in the pressbox?  What does that mean?
maybe I used the wrong term to describe where the OC and DC sit during the game. can you not have talented and non-talented people filling those seats?

spongebob

Quote from: that1guy2110 on August 24, 2016, 06:24:54 pm
They think the only reason they havent been winning is all because of the coaches. They are basically all gone so we will see. From what I have heard the cards are small but fast. I havent gotten a chance to see them for myself yet. I think the new staff will get the most from them.   

^

spongebob

Quote from: The A-Team on August 24, 2016, 06:31:24 pm
I'm confused. What does that mean?
in my humble opinion, we knew what to expect in 2014 and 2015 after watching practices in the summer of 2014 therefore we weren't nervous. we knew what we were about to get. and we got it

spongebob

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on August 25, 2016, 01:36:03 pm
Are you saying the eyes in the sky can't see, don't know what they are seeing, or just don't know what to look for? :-\
^^^

Beardad

Such big talk coming from behind a keyboard

Youngsta71701

spongebob

Quote from: Beardad on August 29, 2016, 10:22:04 am
Such big talk coming from behind a keyboard
you saw something else I assume?

Beardad

Quote from: spongebob on August 29, 2016, 07:48:33 pm
you saw something else I assume?

Struggling against the Billies isn't a good thing (current regime).  Running the single wing and making no defensive adjustments at the 5A level isn't a good thing (former regime).  Fans repeatedly calling out their own team (spongebob) is even worse!  Let's hope that the great things you expect from the new staff will come to pass!  I'd hate the Monden crew to experience the same fate as the Cox crew. 

With all that said, I do look forward to catching a Bryant game with your hallowed Buck at the helm

spongebob

August 30, 2016, 04:38:36 pm #27 Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 04:45:01 pm by spongebob
Quote from: Beardad on August 30, 2016, 03:20:19 pm

Struggling against the Billies isn't a good thing (current regime).  Running the single wing and making no defensive adjustments at the 5A level isn't a good thing (former regime). Fans repeatedly calling out their own team (spongebob) is even worse! Let's hope that the great things you expect from the new staff will come to pass!  I'd hate the Monden crew to experience the same fate as the Cox crew. 

With all that said, I do look forward to catching a Bryant game with your hallowed Buck at the helm

Please remind me of when I "called out" any team REPEATEDLY since you included my name in that statement?  I've been very critical of the administration. I admit that.
And please get to the part about where I am talking so big behind a keyboard ?
Why is it a bad thing to voice your concerns about a way that a program is being run anyway? Should these fans you are referring to sit in the stands and applaud mediocre effort by a staff or even incompetence at times? Also I am curious how many Cf games since 2014 that you have actually seen in person?

Youngsta71701

August 31, 2016, 08:35:26 am #28 Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 08:41:16 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: spongebob on August 30, 2016, 04:38:36 pm
Please remind me of when I "called out" any team REPEATEDLY since you included my name in that statement?  I've been very critical of the administration. I admit that.
And please get to the part about where I am talking so big behind a keyboard ?
Why is it a bad thing to voice your concerns about a way that a program is being run anyway? Should these fans you are referring to sit in the stands and applaud mediocre effort by a staff or even incompetence at times? Also I am curious how many Cf games since 2014 that you have actually seen in person?
We as fans shouldn't care how the program is being run. We shouldn't care if the team looks unorganized, undisciplined, and unprepared. We shouldn't care rather we win, lose, or tie. We should just pay our hard earned money for tickets, travel, wear and tear on our vehicles, and food. Then we should sit on the hard bleachers in the stands. Then we should just shut up, cheer, and clap no matter what. Sarcasm off... ;D

Beardad

Quote from: spongebob on October 04, 2015, 09:17:47 am
I think they thought anyone could coach these players

Quote from: spongebob on October 26, 2015, 04:02:47 pm
That's another thing. Nepotism is rampant on the coaching staffs

Quote from: spongebob on October 06, 2015, 03:30:59 pm
I could see by middle of 2nd year this thing was about to roll. Now in 2015, I see it about to roll again. off a cliff

Quote from: spongebob on November 04, 2015, 01:48:21 pm

No since I don't have a degree, there's nothing I can tell you about Hope. I would suggest you direct all inquiries to the current coaching staff at CF as they all have degrees and always know what will and won't work before, during, and after each contest  ;D

There's a few of your times you jabbed your own team.  That would tie right into that big keyboard talk. 

He was competent enough to bring back the Bearden and Hamburg programs as well as get himself hired at Mighty Mighty Fairview.  What suddenly made him incompetent when he got there? Being forced to hire the son of an administrator?

I attended 1 CF game each of the last 2 seasons, and I listened to as many bits and pieces as I could stand on the radio between the announcers broken English, mumbling, and gasps for breath.

spongebob

Quote from: Beardad on August 31, 2016, 03:57:00 pm

There's a few of your times you jabbed your own team.  That would tie right into that big keyboard talk. 

He was competent enough to bring back the Bearden and Hamburg programs as well as get himself hired at Mighty Mighty Fairview.  What suddenly made him incompetent when he got there? Being forced to hire the son of an administrator?

I attended 1 CF game each of the last 2 seasons, and I listened to as many bits and pieces as I could stand on the radio between the announcers broken English, mumbling, and gasps for breath.
Sorry, I consider the team to be the players which I haven't called out repeatedly that I can remember. Yes I have taken jabs at the coaches but they are being paid as an employee. If they had felt they were part of the team, maybe they wouldn't have quit after two years. I'm wondering the same thing about your incompententcy question. They went a little over .500 in for both years combined. I still don't see where I am talking big behind a keyboard. Me and you need to just agree to disagree and leave it at that

Beardad

Maynard G Krebs

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas