• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PA scrimmaged Bryant tonight.....

Started by Yellowcake, August 23, 2016, 09:38:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Complete Biased PoV

Anyone who complains about "running up the score"....needs to watch George Carlin's bit on POA!  How is taking a knee on every down less embarrassing?  Are you kidding me, that is like rubbing an athlete's face in a big pile of dog crap!  That is the equivalent of playing a round of golf and telling someone not to your caliber..."you can tee off from the green."  I think it is unfair to JV players and subs who do the same amount of work every week during practice are expected to not run the same offense because of a lead.  If a teams varsity can't stop JV and 9th grade players...use it as fuel and motivation to get better.  Like Einstein said, insanity is repeatedly doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

the voice

August 24, 2016, 10:31:24 pm #51 Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 10:41:44 pm by the voice
I really don't think anyone said to take a knee. I think some PA posters made the same suggestion you did , that it's ridiculous. I've not heard anyone argue with playing against the JV , I did read that one poster said they need to pad stats , there's a difference in running up the score and beating someone with class. Everyone knows it. This argument will never be agreed on because it is a case by case basis. Even KK admits it was wrong to score late in championship game.  Every poster on here remembers the threads on all that.

There's another thread that could easily be interrupted that one school is bragging about beating a team and running the score up quickly. Not saying that's what's meant by it but one could read it that way.

I understand some will see things differently, I am not trying to argue this point , I do think all can agree sportsmanship has changed and I don't believe it's for the better.

PA Dad

August 24, 2016, 10:51:34 pm #52 Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 11:07:46 pm by PA Dad
The problem with this whole argument is that there are no rules defining "sportsmanship".  It is left to each individual's interpretation .  I agree that there are some situations where there is widespread agreement, such as Kelley scoring the last touchdown in the championship game.  But, without a clear standard, it is nonsense for any individual to claim an exclusive right to define what is or is not good sportsmanship.

And, to further respond to Steve Perry's "Little man"  comment, name calling is the refuge of those who have no factual basis for an argument .  He relies on hearsay. I rely   on first hand observation .

Yellowcake

Quote from: MDXPHD on August 24, 2016, 05:03:38 pm
If you are a PA fan, you're gonna have to lighten up some. Can't take everything so serious on here.
I am learning this. It's true, and I am trying!!'m

bigchief72455

This would not even be a discussion if PA had lost 69-7.

Steve Perry 2.11

Quote from: PA Dad on August 24, 2016, 10:51:34 pm
And, to further respond to Steve Perry's "Little man"  comment, name calling is the refuge of those who have no factual basis for an argument .  He relies on hearsay. I rely   on first hand observation .

Hearsay. I like that word.

I need to use it in a sentence today.

Overdahill

Quote from: bigchief72455 on August 25, 2016, 08:17:31 am

Have to look up Springdale '05 to find out :D

AirWarren

August 25, 2016, 09:20:43 am #57 Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 09:24:12 am by AirWarren
Quote from: bigchief72455 on August 25, 2016, 08:17:31 am

Yes it would. Except it would be a "well they get what they deserve type discussion".

How do I know? Warren throttled them 46-0 I think back in the mid 2000s. It was glorious.

"AirWarren, come on you're living in the past, no one cares".

But hey, how many teams in Arkansas can say they have blanked PA in the last 16 years :D

bigchief72455

;D
Quote from: AirWarren on August 25, 2016, 09:20:43 am
Yes it would. Except it would be a "well they get what they deserve type discussion".

How do I know? Warren throttled them 46-0 I think back in the mid 2000s. It was glorious.

"AirWarren, come on you're living in the past, no one cares".

But hey, how many teams in Arkansas can say they have blanked PA in the last 16 years :D
;D

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 24, 2016, 10:41:35 am
No reason to score 69 in a scrimmage either
Sometimes you give, and sometimes you take. And sometimes you do both at the same time.

Maynard G Krebs

MDXPHD

Quote from: Steve Perry 2.11 on August 25, 2016, 08:51:25 am
Hearsay. I like that word.

I need to use it in a sentence today.

It's a made up word that nobody understands. Lawyers do that with words all of the time.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on August 25, 2016, 10:09:56 am
It's a made up word that nobody understands. Lawyers do that with words all of the time.

Of course they do.  Lawyers go to law school to learn how to talk so that no one understands what they are saying.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on August 25, 2016, 10:32:49 am
Of course they do.  Lawyers go to law school to learn how to talk so that no one understands what they are saying.

Although I don't want to agree with you, I can agree with this statement.

AirWarren

Overdahill

Quote from: AirWarren on August 25, 2016, 10:34:39 am
I hate a flipping lawyer.

Haha, make you want to quote Will Shakespeare on the topic? ;D

Overdahill

AirWarren

Quote from: Overdahill on August 25, 2016, 10:39:28 am
Haha, make you want to quote Will Shakespeare on the topic? ;D

Here ye, here ye.....

If I finish the rest, I'll be banned. Haha

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: AirWarren on August 25, 2016, 10:48:01 am
Here ye, here ye.....

If I finish the rest, I'll be banned. Haha

Hear! Hear!

Chief_Osceola™

They say an awful lot and yet don't really say anything.  Quite the paradox.

AirWarren

All the lawyer talk makes me want to throw up. Let's talk about Hillary 2016. Oh wait. Let's not.

Devil Dog 17

KK will soon have a date with a girl name Karma. Hope it goes well.

Yellowcake

Well, you guys can have your fun with me this year, because I am a lawyer. And that's not hearsay.  :)

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Yellowcake on August 25, 2016, 10:38:14 pm
Well, you guys can have your fun with me this year, because I am a lawyer. And that's not hearsay.  :)

My next door neighbor is a lawyer. I also have a cousin who is an attorney. They both agree with my assessment haha.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Yellowcake on August 25, 2016, 10:38:14 pm

Steve Perry 2.11

Sort of like how some posters on here possess such a vast reservoir of undiluted gibberish in one sentence.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Steve Perry 2.11 on August 26, 2016, 10:14:48 am
Sort of like how some posters on here possess such a vast reservoir of undiluted gibberish in one sentence.

I prefer the authentic frontier gibberish genre referenced in Blazing Saddles

rpr

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: MDXPHD on August 25, 2016, 10:09:56 am
You need a better lawyer. It has a very specific meaning that anyone on 2nd year law school can explain.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on August 29, 2016, 01:58:22 pm
You need a better lawyer. It has a very specific meaning that anyone on 2nd year law school can explain.

A good lawyer knows the law, a better lawyer knows the judge!

Overdahill

MDXPHD

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on August 29, 2016, 01:58:22 pm

Surely you didn't take my comment seriously. However, I still don't believe you. You must trust your attorney too much.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: MDXPHD on August 29, 2016, 02:32:22 pm
Surely you didn't take my comment seriously. However, I still don't believe you. You must trust your attorney too much.
Known him my whole life.   :)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas