• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 Season 5A Top Ten Fan Poll - Sign Up (Credits to C-Mac for starting)

Started by AT, June 16, 2016, 07:12:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief_Osceola™

They're also not playing in the West anymore. They will have to get up to play 2-3 tough conference games instead of 5-6.

Overdahill

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on August 08, 2016, 02:38:35 pm
They're also not playing in the West anymore. They will have to get up to play 2-3 tough conference games instead of 5-6.

time will tell; LRC does not have a winning record vs anyone on their 2016 schedule

PA Dad

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on August 08, 2016, 02:38:35 pm

So the West is tougher than the Central?  Recent history disputes that contention.

Hoghead2

Quote from: PA Dad on August 08, 2016, 08:36:02 pm
So the West is tougher than the Central?  Recent history disputes that contention.

Everyone is playing for 2nd place in the Central. PA owns and operates the 5A Central. The West is at least more competitve, which doesn't mean its better. Just better games. Meanwhile PA is hanging horseshoes 60 point sleep kickings out in the 5A Central to everyone almost.

Lionheart88

Quote from: Overdahill on August 08, 2016, 06:45:13 pm
time will tell; LRC does not have a winning record vs anyone on their 2016 schedule
Which matters not at all to this season's results, of course.

PA Dad

Quote from: Hoghead2 on August 08, 2016, 11:32:05 pm
Everyone is playing for 2nd place in the Central. PA owns and operates the 5A Central. The West is at least more competitve, which doesn't mean its better. Just better games. Meanwhile PA is hanging horseshoes 60 point sleep kickings out in the 5A Central to everyone almost.

I concede that the West is generally more competitive overall than the Central.  But that may change this year with LRCA, McClellan, Beebe and maybe Parkview in contention.

the voice

Quote from: PA Dad on August 09, 2016, 11:01:09 am
I concede that the West is generally more competitive overall than the Central.  But that may change this year with LRCA, McClellan, Beebe and maybe Parkview in contention.

In contention for what ? 2-4? What's the likelihood PA loses a conference game this season ? Much less two or three. I'll give you this the central has the potential to be better balanced this season , I have already seen two of the teams you mentioned in team camp , unless they were to add some horses or were holding out injured ones , they won't be competing for the conference crown, least wise not realistically. Not saying they're no good but they'd finish 4 and 5 in west

Just kidding ! But seriously if they push pa for conference, then pa isn't winning state. 😉

PA Dad

Quote from: the voice on August 09, 2016, 12:55:45 pm
In contention for what ? 2-4? What's the likelihood PA loses a conference game this season ? Much less two or three. I'll give you this the central has the potential to be better balanced this season , I have already seen two of the teams you mentioned in team camp , unless they were to add some horses or were holding out injured ones , they won't be competing for the conference crown, least wise not realistically. Not saying they're no good but they'd finish 4 and 5 in west

Just kidding ! But seriously if they push pa for conference, then pa isn't winning state. 😉

I don't know if PA will win the conference this year, but I expect that they probably will.  I simply meant that the Central appears to have more good teams this year than in past years.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: PA Dad on August 08, 2016, 08:36:02 pm

Recently, top to bottom, yes I believe that. However, PA is the top dog right now so the Central is better at the top.

The Future

Being modest is a good quality, PADad. But you ain't foolin anyone lol.
Better to play it safe rather than guarantee a conference title, but we all know unless the other teams get real good real quick and PA suffers some injuries, PA is looking at another undefeated conference run. Yes several teams are improving and will offer good games during the season.
PA is well coached against adversity and more importantly, knows how to win against adversity. That is one intangable PA has that helps them every year. PA could walk into conference play and everyone be improved and offer PA all they want and more. It won't be 45 or 50+ point margins, but PA will still get the wins.

Chief_Osceola™

There probably will be more balance this year.  I wouldn't sleep on Sylvan Hills either.  Coach Withrow does a good job with his kids.

PA Dad

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on August 09, 2016, 02:47:55 pm
There probably will be more balance this year.  I wouldn't sleep on Sylvan Hills either.  Coach Withrow does a good job with his kids.

You're right.  I just forgot about Sylvan Hills.

MDXPHD

McClellan had a good run last year but we aren't sure how they will build off that success. Remember what they had done the previous two years under Moody? LRCA, Beebe, and Parkview are all just average teams, at best. PA is going to run through everyone in the central like every other year.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on August 09, 2016, 04:00:19 pm
McClellan had a good run last year but we aren't sure how they will build off that success. Remember what they had done the previous two years under Moody? LRCA, Beebe, and Parkview are all just average teams, at best. PA is going to run through everyone in the central like every other year.

I think McClellan will be good this year.  They return a lot of their starters from last year and their stud running back is  a senior.  Only time will tell!

Yellowcake

Alma and C-Mac, can I play? If so, here's the winning submission for the final season standings....
1. PA
2. Batesville
3. Morrilton
4. Wynne
5. Alma
6. Lakeside
7. Watson Chapel
8. McClellan
9.blythville
10. Greenbrier

PA Dad

Quote from: The Future on July 15, 2016, 09:28:56 am
1. Pulaski Academy
2. Alma
3. Batesville
4. Wynne
5. LR McClellan
6. Morrilton
7. Watson Chapel
8. Greenbrier
9. Camden Fairview
10. Sylvan Hills

Just for fun, here's my week 1 predictions and projected unofficial week 2 poll.
Pulaski Academy over Sand Springs
Alma over Van Buren
Jonesboro over Batesville
Wynne over Marion
McClellan open date
Russellville over Morrilton
Watson Chapel over Dollarway
Greenbrier over Beebe
Eldorado over Camden
Catholic over Sylvan Hills

Projected week 2 poll
1. Pulaski Academy
2. Alma
3. Wynne
4. McClellan
5. Batesville
6. Morrilton
7. Greenbrier
8. Watson Chapel
9. LR Christian
10. Camden Fairview

Predicted every game correctly!  Great job.

Overdahill

PA Dad

The Future

Thanks PA Dad. I missed the Catholic Sylvan Hills game though. Really just flipped a coin there.

For reference or a recap, one can just read PADad's quote share of my week 1 poll and week 2 prediction and poll projetion.

On my projected week 2 poll, 1 to 8 will remain the same minus Brier and Morrilton swap. LR Christian loss to 4A power Warren and will not be making my poll. Instead, Sylvan Hills, who I picked to lose and drop out of the top 10, will jump up one spot to 9 while Camden finishes out the list.

Future's Week 2 poll
1. Pulaski Academy- very impressive opening game for the Bruins on their way to another undefeated regular season.
2. Alma- win over rival number 1 will need to be a lot of momentum into hosting a very improved Springdale team.
3. Wynne- no clue why some thought Marion would get the jump on Wynne. Jacketts stay a solid 3.
4. McClellan- was able to find a opening game. And sounds like they didn't have too much trouble with them.
5. Batesvile- had Batesville won, that woulda been enough to propel them over McClellan to number 4.
6. Greenbrier- good win over Beebe. Looking to carry wins over into a great West showing.
7. Morrilton- loss to always decent Russellville drops them 1 spot.
8. Watson Chapel- good win over 4A team not enough to push Cats any higher.
9. Sylvan Hills- my only missed pick last week. Hills moves up 1 spot instead of down to the 11 spot and out of the top 10.
10. Camden Fairview- loss to 6A power still enough to keep Cardinals a top ten team for now.

And again just for kicks, here's my predictions and projected week 3 poll
PA over UT SLC East
Springdale over Alma
Wynne over Maumelle
NLR over McClellan
Batesville over Searcy
Greenbrier over Heber Springs
Morrilton over Fair
Pine Bluff over Watson Chapel
Sylvan Hills over Lakeside
Camden over Hamburg

Looks like theres gonna be a bit more changes in this next week's polls
Pulaski Academy
Wynne
Batesville
Alma
McClellan
Greenbrier
Sylvan Hills
Morrilton
Camden
Harrison
others recieving consideration: Watson Chapel and LR Christian

PA Dad

Quote from: The Future on September 03, 2016, 01:08:35 pm
Thanks PA Dad. I missed the Catholic Sylvan Hills game though. Really just flipped a coin there.

For reference or a recap, one can just read PADad's quote share of my week 1 poll and week 2 prediction and poll projetion.

On my projected week 2 poll, 1 to 8 will remain the same minus Brier and Morrilton swap. LR Christian loss to 4A power Warren and will not be making my poll. Instead, Sylvan Hills, who I picked to lose and drop out of the top 10, will jump up one spot to 9 while Camden finishes out the list.

Future's Week 2 poll
1. Pulaski Academy- very impressive opening game for the Bruins on their way to another undefeated regular season.
2. Alma- win over rival number 1 will need to be a lot of momentum into hosting a very improved Springdale team.
3. Wynne- no clue why some thought Marion would get the jump on Wynne. Jacketts stay a solid 3.
4. McClellan- was able to find a opening game. And sounds like they didn't have too much trouble with them.
5. Batesvile- had Batesville won, that woulda been enough to propel them over McClellan to number 4.
6. Greenbrier- good win over Beebe. Looking to carry wins over into a great West showing.
7. Morrilton- loss to always decent Russellville drops them 1 spot.
8. Watson Chapel- good win over 4A team not enough to push Cats any higher.
9. Sylvan Hills- my only missed pick last week. Hills moves up 1 spot instead of down to the 11 spot and out of the top 10.
10. Camden Fairview- loss to 6A power still enough to keep Cardinals a top ten team for now.

And again just for kicks, here's my predictions and projected week 3 poll
PA over UT SLC East
Springdale over Alma
Wynne over Maumelle
NLR over McClellan
Batesville over Searcy
Greenbrier over Heber Springs
Morrilton over Fair
Pine Bluff over Watson Chapel
Sylvan Hills over Lakeside
Camden over Hamburg

Looks like theres gonna be a bit more changes in this next week's polls
Pulaski Academy
Wynne
Batesville
Alma
McClellan
Greenbrier
Sylvan Hills
Morrilton
Camden
Harrison
others recieving consideration: Watson Chapel and LR Christian

I think McClellan is better than most posters think.  I predict that they beat NLR.  If they do, they'll make a big statement.  They can certainly score a lot of points.  The big question is the defense.

I'm also going out on a limb and picking Alma over Springdale.

At least you can't accuse me of always going with the favorites!

From now on, I'll just say "yes sir" to your picks.  I missed both and you were correct.

But, I did pick PA to lose and you missed that one.

The Future

Quote from: PA Dad on September 03, 2016, 02:08:49 pm
I think McClellan is better than most posters think.  I predict that they beat NLR.  If they do, they'll make a big statement.  They can certainly score a lot of points.  The big question is the defense.

I'm also going out on a limb and picking Alma over Springdale.

At least you can't accuse me of always goin with the favorites!

If enough people think so, I might change my pick as well lol. I really don't know anything about both NLR or McClellan. I know NLR is more often than not always in the talk of 7A champion potentials. While McClellan has had their best season in years.
I think NLR might have the advantage of playing in tough games. Yes McClellan had an outstanding year last year, but the question for now is can they repeat that success or will last season be that on spike year? Hope had theirs a few years back and Monticello had theirs when they won the 2009 title undefeated. I'll still go with NLR.

I will be cheering for the Dales the whole way! I had Alma winning honestly up til last night. Springdale surprised me by stopping Conway. Maybe they don't have another Chamarro (spelling maybe wrong) but I never woulda thought Springdale improved that much in just a year to beat a usually consistent 7A team. Big props to the Bulldogs.
Alma also let Van Buren hang around there for a while. With Alma's gameplan, if you let an average team hang around, even if you still beat them, whats gonna happen when you play a better team?

Maybe Alma just didn't bring out all the punches for Van Buren. Its possible. I'm thinking itll be very close, and I didn't think this 2 days ago, but I'm seeing Alma fall short in this one.

PA Dad

Quote from: The Future on September 03, 2016, 02:25:27 pm
If enough people think so, I might change my pick as well lol. I really don't know anything about both NLR or McClellan. I know NLR is more often than not always in the talk of 7A champion potentials. While McClellan has had their best season in years.
I think NLR might have the advantage of playing in tough games. Yes McClellan had an outstanding year last year, but the question for now is can they repeat that success or will last season be that on spike year? Hope had theirs a few years back and Monticello had theirs when they won the 2009 title undefeated. I'll still go with NLR.

I will be cheering for the Dales the whole way! I had Alma winning honestly up til last night. Springdale surprised me by stopping Conway. Maybe they don't have another Chamarro (spelling maybe wrong) but I never woulda thought Springdale improved that much in just a year to beat a usually consistent 7A team. Big props to the Bulldogs.
Alma also let Van Buren hang around there for a while. With Alma's gameplan, if you let an average team hang around, even if you still beat them, whats gonna happen when you play a better team?

Maybe Alma just didn't bring out all the punches for Van Buren. Its possible. I'm thinking itll be very close, and I didn't think this 2 days ago, but I'm seeing Alma fall short in this one.

I am a graduate of NLR and I keep up with them.  They have a good team this year and I think their coach is getting the team on his page.  But, I'm not sold  on their defense and McClellan has a very good offense.  McClellan returns most starters from last year and they played in big games.  They won't be intimidated.  On the other hand, I'm not sure that McClellan's defense can stop NLR.  It may be a high scoring shootout.

Overdahill

Quote from: PA Dad on September 03, 2016, 12:53:46 pm
Oops!  I missed that one.  But, getting only one wrong is still good.

Yep, Future has got game. word is that he once called the winner 55 weeks straight! All on Greenwood ;D

MDXPHD

Overdahill

1. PA
2. Wynne
3. Alma
4. LR McClellan
5. Batesville
6. Morrilton
7. Bly
8. WC
9. Brier
10. LRCA

AT

Quote from: Overdahill on September 03, 2016, 04:31:37 pm
1. PA
2. Wynne
3. Alma
4. LR McClellan
5. Batesville
6. Morrilton
7. Bly
8. WC
9. Brier
10. LRCA

I'm going to count it, but try and put it in the thread that says "VOTING FOR WEEK #WHATEVER here" from here on out.

Overdahill

Hoghead2

1. PA.....the winning continues
2. Alma....the homecoming to 5A is real
3. Wynne....running the ball is back
4. LR McClellan. ... Lions roar in win
5. Blytheville. .. the Chicks are no sleeper team
6. Morrilton. ..Devil Dogs are feisty as ever
7. Batesville. ... 6A loss is acceptable
8. Watson Chapel. .. Cats are due in the 5A South
9. Sylvan Hills.... Bears are tough
10. Greenbrier. ...Panthers flexing their muscle

GuvHog

Quote from: Hoghead2 on September 05, 2016, 02:09:03 pm

Wrong thread. You need to repost this in the Week 2 Poll thread.

AT

Quote from: Hoghead2 on September 05, 2016, 02:09:03 pm

Lol, I'll put this in the thread that says (VOTE HERE FOR WEEK 2) in it. Maybe I should have specified this is what we would do before I did that. Hopefully everyone has it down next week.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas