• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pulaski Academy non-conference opponents

Started by PA Dad, June 13, 2016, 08:32:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Overdahill

maybe they don't want to show anything in case their Salt Bowl opponent is on hand observing

PA Dad

Overdahill

AirWarren

Quote from: Overdahill on August 23, 2016, 07:16:11 pm
maybe they don't want to show anything in case their Salt Bowl opponent is on hand observing

AKA the state's biggest pillow fight.

Overdahill

AirWarren

Quote from: Overdahill on August 23, 2016, 07:29:01 pm
good one! :D

I understand the passion of saline county football between the two towns....but.....come on....it's a pillow fight.

PA Dad

They reset the scoreboard to 0-0 to start the second half.  I've never seen that before even in a scrimmage .

Overdahill

Quote from: PA Dad on August 23, 2016, 07:45:18 pm
They reset the scoreboard to 0-0 to start the second half.  I've never seen that before even in a scrimmage .

we used to do that at AAU basketball tourneys when some school teams would show up trying to compete with the tryout/all star type teams

Maynard G Krebs

PA plays well tonight and the previous posts are an accurate description.  Impressed with OL, as they gave the QB plenty of time to throw.  Running game was pretty good too.  The defense had a good night breaking up passes and sacking the QB.

Should be a fun season.

Yellowcake

Quote from: PA Dad on August 23, 2016, 07:45:18 pm

They did it several years ago when we were up by a similar score against Fayetteville in a preseason scrimmage. The year Hunter Henry was a junior and Freddie Knighton was a senior. We won the state championship in 5A and Fayetteville won the 7A. They gave Fay the overall 1 ranking. It was the same year we were up 48-0 at half at Cabot in the season opener.

Overdahill

Quote from: Yellowcake on August 23, 2016, 09:42:34 pm
They did it several years ago when we were up by a similar score against Fayetteville in a preseason scrimmage. The year Hunter Henry was a junior and Freddie Knighton was a senior. We won the state championship in 5A and Fayetteville won the 7A. They gave Fay the overall 1 ranking. It was the same year we were up 48-0 at half at Cabot in the season opener.

You may need a fact check. The scrimmage in Fayetteville had a lot of scoring from both sides (not one sided) and I don't believe PA was ever up 48-0 on Cabot.

Yellowcake

It was 28-0 at Cabot before Cabot ever got the ball. 3 straight onside kicks after opening score. Pa was inside the 20 when the half ended. Had they scored, they would have broke 50. I could be wrong. Cabot might have had 7.

The Fayetteville scrimmage is fact. Again, Fayetteville might have had 7. Maybe. But PA was in the 40's. At the half.

Those are all facts.

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: PA Dad on August 23, 2016, 06:54:32 pm
Ren Hefley played QB for Bryant the last series.  He couldn't move the ball .  Four downs and out.

He actually started 3-3, first pass was a 25 yard completion called back due to an ineligible man downfield. 

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: Yellowcake on August 23, 2016, 09:42:34 pm

That was 2011 and we were in 4A.  And score is in fact wrong for Cabot.

Yellowcake

What was the halftime score? I know it started 28-0 and we were a td from 50 at half. Help me remember. I don't want to spread falsities. Thanks mucho.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

PA was up 29-0 with 8:32 left in 1st qtr on Cabot and 36-0 with 6:08 left. The score was 43-14 at half. 

At the Fayetteville scrimmage, Fayetteville scored on 1st or 2nd play, then PA scored 28 straight. I think the scored fluctuated from PA up 7 to 21 the rest of the time with it being 42-28 at half. After a 3rd qtr JV, I think they both scored 14 in the 4th, so it was about 56-42

Overdahill

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: Yellowcake on August 24, 2016, 06:55:59 am
What was the halftime score? I know it started 28-0 and we were a td from 50 at half. Help me remember. I don't want to spread falsities. Thanks mucho.

43-14 at end of 1st qtr.  50-20 at halftime.  Final score of 64-34

Overdahill

Quote from: Yellowcake on August 23, 2016, 10:43:04 pm
It was 28-0 at Cabot before Cabot ever got the ball. 3 straight onside kicks after opening score. Pa was inside the 20 when the half ended. Had they scored, they would have broke 50. I could be wrong. Cabot might have had 7.

The Fayetteville scrimmage is fact. Again, Fayetteville might have had 7. Maybe. But PA was in the 40's. At the half.

Those are all facts.

So Cabot had 20 at the half and Fayetteville 28. Nice facts  ::)

TheSpecial

So the games weren't close anyway you look at it xD

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on August 24, 2016, 09:06:10 pm
43-14 at end of 1st qtr.  50-20 at halftime.  Final score of 64-34
That's right. I remember the screenshots having 43-14 and 2nd qtr, but that was the beginning of the 2nd qtr, not halftime. Thanks for correcting me.

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian on August 24, 2016, 10:00:29 pm
That's right. I remember the screenshots having 43-14 and 2nd qtr, but that was the beginning of the 2nd qtr, not halftime. Thanks for correcting me.

Haha, I had to look it up.

Yellowcake

Some selective memory on my part. One definite fact, though, is that PA throttled them both.

Overdahill

Quote from: Yellowcake on August 24, 2016, 11:26:30 pm
Some selective memory on my part. One definite fact, though, is that PA throttled them both.

If you believe PA throttled Fayetteville at the scrimmage you must not have been there. Both first teams moved the ball almost at will and when PA substituted there was a big drop off and when Fayetteville substituted there was very little drop off.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Fred Bird on June 21, 2016, 01:08:21 pm
PA doesn't return punts anyway
They don't punt themselves.  I'm pretty sure they would return one punted to them.

Overdahill

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on August 25, 2016, 09:20:01 am
They don't punt themselves.  I'm pretty sure they would return one punted to them.

Nah, they usually do not rush the punter or return punts...just play defense in case its a fake and let the punt roll to a stop

MDXPHD

Quote from: Overdahill on August 25, 2016, 07:49:24 am
If you believe PA throttled Fayetteville at the scrimmage you must not have been there. Both first teams moved the ball almost at will and when PA substituted there was a big drop off and when Fayetteville substituted there was very little drop off.

They may not have throttled them, but PA won that scrimmage and both teams played their hearts out! PA is the best scrimmage team out there!

Overdahill

Quote from: MDXPHD on August 25, 2016, 10:12:23 am
They may not have throttled them, but PA won that scrimmage and both teams played their hearts out! PA is the best scrimmage team out there!

You must be forgetting Ozark JV :D

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Overdahill on August 25, 2016, 10:40:53 am
You must be forgetting Ozark JV :D

Can't wait to hear the latest reports on the Ozark JV, aka the giant slayers.

MDXPHD

bigchief72455

Quote from: MDXPHD on August 25, 2016, 11:06:42 am
Completely forgot about them. Good catch.
How could you ever forget the most prolific and dominate team of all time.

Yellowcake

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on August 25, 2016, 09:20:01 am

They NEVER return punts. The second the ball leaves the punter's foot, all 11 head for the sidelines and let the ball come to rest where it may. Interestingly, however, they fielded the punts in the Bryant scrimmage. They couldn't return them, but they caught them. Maybe they will do something different this year, but historically, when the ball goes up, the go off.

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: Yellowcake on August 25, 2016, 10:42:00 pm
They NEVER return punts. The second the ball leaves the punter's foot, all 11 head for the sidelines and let the ball come to rest where it may. Interestingly, however, they fielded the punts in the Bryant scrimmage. They couldn't return them, but they caught them. Maybe they will do something different this year, but historically, when the ball goes up, the go off.

You can't say NEVER there are the rare occasions where they will, but has to be the right situation.

MDXPHD

After a quick algorithm is done in the coach's head regarding a statistical analysis of all the teams in the country in that exact situation, he will make his choice of whether to return the punt or not. Everyone knows that.

Complete Biased PoV

Nah, it's not that complicated.  I think they just know what situations calls for it, and there aren't many of them.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas