• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pulaski Academy non-conference opponents

Started by PA Dad, June 13, 2016, 08:32:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

PA begins the year with three quality nonconference opponents.

PA has Page (Sand Springs, Oklahoma) at home on September 2. Sandy Springs is just outside of Tulsa. They play in class 6A-II.  Last year they were 7-4 and lost in the championship game. They finished the year ranked number 13 in Oklahoma on Max preps. Should be a quality matchup.

On September 9, PA plays East (Salt Lake City, Utah) in Salt Lake City. East plays 4A.  They won the Utah state championship last year. They finished the year ranked number five in Utah. Again, this looks like a good matchup for PA. And they play De La Salle the week after they play PA, so they certainly are not afraid of tough competition.

PA finishes its non-conference schedule on September 16 playing  at McCracken County (Paducah, Kentucky) . McCracken was 9-3 last year and lost in the third round of the playoffs. They finished the year ranked number 27 in Kentucky.

I think we will have a pretty good idea of how good PA will be this year after these three games. It looks like all three of these teams will threaten PA's winning streak.

I'm ready to get it started!

Lanny

Quote from: PA Dad on June 13, 2016, 08:32:27 am
It looks like all three of these teams will threaten PA’s winning streak.
I doubt it

PA Dad

Grond

Interesting geography. So, PA is not playing any Arkansas non-conference opponents.

PA Dad

Quote from: Grond on June 13, 2016, 12:16:02 pm
Interesting geography. So, PA is not playing any Arkansas non-conference opponents.

We are not.  But, I'm sure we'd love to if you can line up a quality opponent!

Okieback

Quote from: PA Dad on June 13, 2016, 08:32:27 am
PA begins the year with three quality nonconference opponents.

PA has Page (Sand Springs, Oklahoma) at home on September 2. Sandy Springs is just outside of Tulsa. They play in class 6A-II.  Last year they were 7-4 and lost in the championship game. They finished the year ranked number 13 in Oklahoma on Max preps. Should be a quality matchup.

On September 9, PA plays East (Salt Lake City, Utah) in Salt Lake City. East plays 4A.  They won the Utah state championship last year. They finished the year ranked number five in Utah. Again, this looks like a good matchup for PA. And they play De La Salle the week after they play PA, so they certainly are not afraid of tough competition.

PA finishes its non-conference schedule on September 16 playing  at McCracken County (Paducah, Kentucky) . McCracken was 9-3 last year and lost in the third round of the playoffs. They finished the year ranked number 27 in Kentucky.

I think we will have a pretty good idea of how good PA will be this year after these three games. It looks like all three of these teams will threaten PA's winning streak.

I'm ready to get it started!

Sand springs is down a lot
Pa in a blow out, at least 35

PA Dad

Quote from: Okieback on June 13, 2016, 01:30:27 pm
Sand springs is down a lot
Pa in a blow out, at least 35

They must have lost a lot of good players if they are since they played in the championship game last year.  But, I know nothing about Oklahoma football.

$aintMaximu$

I would like to see PA play Bastrop...  They have played Nashville a couple times and Shiloh last season...

Lumberjackfan1978

Hornet4ever

Oldbadger

Quote from: Hornet4ever on June 16, 2016, 01:51:22 pm
PA sure isn't scared to travel! Lol
No other school in the state could ever be able to afford to travel like this.  Only a private school can financially justify it. 

TNT_15

Quote from: Grond on June 13, 2016, 12:16:02 pm
I thought they had a non Conf game v Bryant? Am I mistaken?

PA Dad

Quote from: TNT_15 on June 20, 2016, 06:09:37 pm
I thought they had a non Conf game v Bryant? Am I mistaken?

They will scrimmage with Bryant.

TNT_15

Quote from: PA Dad on June 20, 2016, 07:43:39 pm
They will scrimmage with Bryant.
Oh. So it is not an official game just a pre season one. Do you know if it is a full contact game?

MDXPHD

Quote from: TNT_15 on June 20, 2016, 10:18:46 pm
Oh. So it is not an official game just a pre season one. Do you know if it is a full contact game?

Doesn't matter. PA wins and tells everyone how they should be playing in 7a but everyone is scared.

Head Lion

Try South Panola from Mississippi, they are always up for a lil competition.

PA Dad

June 21, 2016, 12:42:09 pm #16 Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 01:48:57 pm by PA Dad
Quote from: TNT_15 on June 20, 2016, 10:18:46 pm

It is a full contact game. Kickoff and punts are not returned. The varsity  plays three quarters.  The JV plays the last quarter.

WPWells

Quote from: PA Dad on June 21, 2016, 12:42:09 pm
it is a full contact game. Kickoff and punts are not returned. The varsity  plays three quarters.  The JV plays the last quarter.

PA doesn't return punts anyway

FD4

South Penola, Dobbins Bennett, would be two great teams to play for PA, Huge and very physical.

Okieback

Quote from: PA Dad on June 13, 2016, 01:38:09 pm
They must have lost a lot of good players if they are since they played in the championship game last year.  But, I know nothing about Oklahoma football.

Well they play in what is called 6aII

Basically they split the old 6a in half and division 2 is now kinda like the 6a in Arkansas , only 15 teams in it, and school sizes of 1110-1600,
So sand springs doesn't play Union, Jenks or broken arrow anymore in district games, heck I don't think they play them in non district

Razorback Red

Quote from: PA Dad on June 13, 2016, 01:38:09 pm

Hey PA Dad,
Here is what I can find so far on OK preseason rankings. 

http://okpreps.com/okpreps-preseason-rankings/#1469921583822-d33f93b5-5454

PA Dad

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Fred Bird on June 21, 2016, 01:08:21 pm
PA doesn't return punts anyway
Wall Street Journal compared Coach to Trump with their "no punt" mentality

Overdahill

August 04, 2016, 01:17:08 pm #23 Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 01:19:06 pm by Overdahill
Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on August 04, 2016, 12:59:27 pm
Wall Street Journal compared Coach to Trump with their "no punt" mentality

Coach actually has a strategy though :)

PA Dad

Yellowcake

Quote from: MDXPHD on June 21, 2016, 08:56:23 am
Doesn't matter. PA wins and tells everyone how they should be playing in 7a but everyone is scared.

Ah yes. Another year of hating on PA. Is that a tear on your cheek?

Sorry they are good, but hard work and great coaching pays off.

Lumberjackfan1978

You are right,hard work and great coaching

Yellowcake

Just like Warren. Hard work and great coaching. Love to watch Warren play.

Lumberjackfan1978

Thinks I love watching PA play I wish we were playing y'all again this year, I love the no punts and onside kicks Warren tried the onside kicks some after we played y'all last year but not enough

MDXPHD

If you're going to give yourself credit, give it all. Hard work, coaching, GREAT athletes, GREAT fan support, etc. Don't put all of your success into hard work and coaching...especially at Warren and PA.

Overdahill

August 10, 2016, 11:08:48 am #30 Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 12:18:16 pm by Overdahill
Quote from: Yellowcake on August 09, 2016, 11:01:32 pm
Just like Warren. Hard work and great coaching. Love to watch Warren play.

I may have to dig up some orange n black and go watch Warren vs LRC at WMS ;D

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: MDXPHD on August 10, 2016, 09:28:42 am
If you're going to give yourself credit, give it all. Hard work, coaching, GREAT athletes, GREAT fan support, etc. Don't put all of your success into hard work and coaching...especially at Warren and PA.

Except Warren doesn't have great fan support. Not just my opinion, the Warren folks say this as well.

MDXPHD

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 10, 2016, 11:20:03 am
Except Warren doesn't have great fan support. Not just my opinion, the Warren folks say this as well.

That's true. Depends on what year it is for their fans to come out ha.

~WPS~

I had never been to a game at Warren until last year. It was the game of the year in 4A, Nashville @ Warren and the stands were half empty. I couldn't believe that a program like Warren could have so little fan support.

Jack1990

I hate to admit I can't argue with any of those comments.

bigchief72455

I hate that. Warren is a great team and a contender every year.

Jack1990

Yeah...it hurts sometimes to see our guys giving their all and fans, the ones that show up, start leaving in the middle to end of the third quarter.

Lumberjackfan1978

Yea such a shame it's hard to even get the fans to stand up and cheer

PA Dad

PA v Bryant

Both teams have had three possessions .  Bryant has one first down.  PA has two touchdowns.  PA leads 14-0 with 4:30 left in the 1st.

Overdahill

Thanks Dad. Let us know if Ren H gets some reps for Bryant

PA Dad

PA Dad

PA leads 21-7 end of first.

This looks like a typical PA team.  Good discipline and precise play.  Good speed on both sides of the ball.  Some new playmakers on offense and they look good.

It looks like the defense will pick up where it left off last year.  Bryant scored on a long pass.  Otherwise, they still have only one first down.

PA just scored again and leads 28-7.

PA Dad

Ren Hefley played QB for Bryant the last series.  He couldn't move the ball .  Four downs and out.

AirWarren

Quote from: PA Dad on August 23, 2016, 06:54:32 pm
Ren Hefley played QB for Bryant the last series.  He couldn't move the ball .  Four downs and out.

I'm sure you're eating that up!

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on August 23, 2016, 06:28:42 pm
PA v Bryant

Both teams have had three possessions .  Bryant has one first down.  PA has two touchdowns.  PA leads 14-0 with 4:30 left in the 1st.

Crown 'em!

PA Dad

Yep.

He just came in for another series and threw an interception.  Bryant still has only one first down.

AirWarren

Ole Buck is seeing something. Bryant may have 195 players out for football, but that don't mean they are 195 quality players.

Overdahill

Thanks for the posts Dad. wish I was there :'(

PA Dad

Either PA has a helluva defense or Bryant's offense is way behind schedule.  The PA defense has just shut them down.  And PA has scored on every possession but one.

Hefley is back in and Bryant just made its second first down.

AirWarren

Quote from: PA Dad on August 23, 2016, 07:11:49 pm
Either PA has a helluva defense or Bryant's offense is way behind schedule.  The PA defense has just shut them down.  And PA has scored on every possession but one.

Hefley is back in and Bryant just made its second first down.

It's safe to say that PA has a good defense AND Bryant will always be Bryant in regards to Football. MEEEHHHHH

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas