• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bohanon got 1st SEC offer

Started by Donnie Jamon, January 16, 2017, 03:59:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

prHOG13

mr.gametime

2aball

Quote from: CHG Hornet on January 31, 2017, 06:45:05 am
Yep, that's what I meant, but I suppose I could have worded it more clearly.  I just know if it were me and several larger schools were interested in me, I think I would appreciate the early interest more than the late interest.  Being a local kid, Arkansas should have been first in line and instead of perking up after Auburn and Alabama made their interests known.  That's how I would have taken it, but the main thing is that the young man makes the best decision for him.  Good luck to him.

I see what you are saying, seems to me the one that dropped the ball more there was Ole Miss. They are more local to Earle than the UofA.

I think if the UofA knew for sure that he was open to more than playing QB, they would have offered sooner. I know that he has said that he'd be willing to play any position, but I definitely think that schools that offer as a QB have an upper hand on him. Arkansas has their 2018 QB committed already. I think Bohanon would make a good SEC QB, but I think he fits other systems better than he does the Razorbacks. Ole Miss, Auburn, Miss St, A&M.

Wonderdog

Is Bohannon very mobile? I have heard about him for a year or two but have never seen him play. Arkansas needs a dual threat QB. That's the biggest separation between us and other run first SEC teams like Bama and Auburn.

ISU7

Quote from: Wonderdog on February 01, 2017, 09:01:05 pm
Is Bohannon very mobile? I have heard about him for a year or two but have never seen him play. Arkansas needs a dual threat QB. That's the biggest separation between us and other run first SEC teams like Bama and Auburn.
I'm thinking he's in the 4.5- 4.6 range.

Wonderdog

Quote from: ISU7 on February 01, 2017, 10:37:22 pm
I'm thinking he's in the 4.5- 4.6 range.
Sounds like a dual threat to me. Depending on his passing abilities.

mr.gametime

Quote from: 2aball on February 01, 2017, 08:27:04 pm
I see what you are saying, seems to me the one that dropped the ball more there was Ole Miss. They are more local to Earle than the UofA.

I think if the UofA knew for sure that he was open to more than playing QB, they would have offered sooner. I know that he has said that he'd be willing to play any position, but I definitely think that schools that offer as a QB have an upper hand on him. Arkansas has their 2018 QB committed already. I think Bohanon would make a good SEC QB, but I think he fits other systems better than he does the Razorbacks. Ole Miss, Auburn, Miss St, A&M.

He said he was open to playing other postions ..before he blew up last month and started getting all these offers...last article i read he said that he would be playing QB at the next level...which means Arkansas is probably out the picture....and Bohanon is now a 4 star recruit and actually ranked higher by the recruiting sites than connor noland which is the QB that Arkansas has committed for the class of 2018

Mr. Trill

He posted on Twitter that he is a QB and not a athlete. He want schools to really focus on him being that.

mtindian42

Just seen where urban Meyer has and eye on bohanan. Bucks could be offering soon!

big E

That's typical Arkansas has a chance to sign a kid that can get out of trouble with his legs and we let someone else sign him.

Made

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: big E on February 08, 2017, 09:59:48 am
That's typical Arkansas has a chance to sign a kid that can get out of trouble with his legs and we let someone else sign him.

He's a junior so he hasn't signed anywhere. 

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: Made on February 08, 2017, 10:17:21 am
When can he officially sign?

Unless the NCAA approves an early signing period, the first Wednesday of February, 2018.

Made

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on February 08, 2017, 11:38:06 am
Unless the NCAA approves an early signing period, the first Wednesday of February, 2018.
Do we think all of these offers would be on the table right now, IF they could already sign the commitment papers?

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: Made on February 08, 2017, 01:24:33 pm
Do we think all of these offers would be on the table right now, IF they could already sign the commitment papers?

Fully aware there isn't an early signing period now but coaches are pushing it.  Don't think it will happen before next February but it's probably gonna happen sometime.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-coaches-recommend-an-early-signing-period-in-december/

mr.gametime

Surprised that guy over at Louisville hasn't come knocking yet

Made

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on February 08, 2017, 01:36:12 pm
Fully aware there isn't an early signing period now but coaches are pushing it.  Don't think it will happen before next February but it's probably gonna happen sometime.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-coaches-recommend-an-early-signing-period-in-december/
With early signing, do you think there would be as many early offers?

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: Made on February 08, 2017, 04:43:33 pm
With early signing, do you think there would be as many early offers?

Probably more. 

Pit Bull

Credit Coach Coleman for continuous development of this young man and most importantly his personal sacrifice to put Bohanon in the best situations for exposure to D1 recruitment. Great job...

BAMA#16

Looks like BAMA is going to hire Brian Daboll, tight end coach from the Patriots, as the new OC. I wonder how that will play out in his recruitment, if they decide to offer as a QB instead of athlete. I personally would like to see this kid in a Tide jersey.

mtindian42

With the bucks getting Emory jones.l I'm not sure coach Meyer will be offering. If I was him I would go to auburn GM would be good for him to learn from... (Hint) cam newton. Good luck to GB and his future!

bigworm

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on February 08, 2017, 05:17:20 pm
Probably more.

I think there would be less early offers. These schools offer tons of.kids knowing they cant take them all. Then when it gets close to signing day  they stop answering the phone calls of the ones they aren't gonna take. I think with early sogning they will focus on the kids they want and offer them early but not offer the ones they arent 100 percent sure of in fear they would sign on early signing period and fill their spots which would potentially leave no room for that stud they really really want. I could be completely wrong tho. Haha.

Pit Bull

Mississippi State joined in with an offer...

Dogg

mr.gametime

Dont know if i ever seen a 2A QB this highly recruited

Dogg

Coleman has done an awesome job in Gerry development as a QB and getting him exposure. Excellent job coach!!

Pit Bull

The LSU Tigers just got into the offers...

Hgalum50

Donnie Jamon

Is this the most ever SEC offers from an Arkansas High School?

mr.gametime

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on March 01, 2017, 11:07:26 am
Is this the most ever SEC offers from an Arkansas High School?

Heck No...maybe for a 2A player

Bigditchlion

Sec has missed on several 2a players in my opinion. Dixon was probably the biggest miss in recent history. But still think the hogs missed on dancy! That dude can fly!!!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: mr.gametime on March 01, 2017, 03:16:07 pm
Heck No...maybe for a 2A player

Cedric Houston would be the last 2A player with a lot of big time offers, that I can think of.

mr.gametime

Did he pick up a offer from Central Florida?

OB11

Quote from: mr.gametime on March 01, 2017, 08:53:46 pm
Did he pick up a offer from Central Florida?

Yeah I'm pretty sure I saw that on Twitter.

Donnie Jamon

I don't remember of another Arkansas HS player getting this much SEC love. Can y'all name the other player(s) since some know.

mr.gametime

March 03, 2017, 08:13:05 pm #86 Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 08:16:00 pm by mr.gametime
Quote from: Donnie Jamon on March 03, 2017, 03:06:48 pm
I don't remember of another Arkansas HS player getting this much SEC love. Can y'all name the other player(s) since some know.

Just a few years ago will grag had about 11 or 12 S.E.C offers and back in 2006 Mitch Mustang was the number 1 QB in the nation pretty sure he had just about every s.e.c school beating down his door....k.j hill went to ohio state but had around 9 s.e.c offers...

mr.gametime

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on March 03, 2017, 03:06:48 pm

Forgot about Mctelvin Agim he was in the 2016 class had at least 8 if not more s.e.c. offers

Butch_Cassidy

How many kids from a 2a school.  Im just wondering..

mr.gametime

March 05, 2017, 05:23:50 pm #89 Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 05:31:12 pm by mr.gametime
Quote from: Butch_Cassidy on March 05, 2017, 11:58:20 am
How many kids from a 2a school.  Im just wondering..

From my knowledge  Bohanon ...is probably the most highly recruited 2A player by S.E.C schools that i have seen....there have been several 2A players go on to play college football for S.E.C schools ...but they didnt have the amount of S.E.C offers that Bohanon is getting....i know junction city has had atleast 3 players play for Arkansas...Bearden had 1 go to Arkansas..EPC had one play for Arkansas...Cedric Houston from Clarendon played for Tennessee...i think hazen had a kid sign with Vanderbilt one year...and Augusta had one go to  Tennessee

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: mr.gametime on March 05, 2017, 05:23:50 pm
From my knowledge  Bohanon ...is probably the most highly recruited 2A player by S.E.C schools that i have seen....there have been several 2A players go on to play college football for S.E.C schools ...but they didnt have the amount of S.E.C offers that Bohanon is getting....i know junction city has had atleast 3 players play for Arkansas...Bearden had 1 go to Arkansas..EPC had one play for Arkansas...Cedric Houston from Clarendon played for Tennessee...i think hazen had a kid sign with Vanderbilt one year...and Augusta had one go to  Tennessee

Mitch Petrus from Carlisle wasn't highly recruited but had a good run in Fayetteville.  In 2009, he was named All-SEC first team by SEC coaches and second team by the Associated Press.  Back in the day, Jerry Saxton from Des Arc started at DE in the Orange Bowl when the Hogs smoked Oklahoma.

2aball

Quote from: mr.gametime on March 05, 2017, 05:23:50 pm

EPC's actually had 3 play for Arkansas in the more recent era. I guess Monk and Sturdivent were technically when EPC was a 3A school though so that may not count here.

Mr. Trill

I just can't wait to hear his commitment.

bdubyab60

Quote from: 2aball on March 05, 2017, 08:29:01 pm
EPC's actually had 3 play for Arkansas in the more recent era. I guess Monk and Sturdivent were technically when EPC was a 3A school though so that may not count here.
Chuck Monk played one season at Arkansas, transferred to ASU, may have actually been 1A at the time. Marcus Monk played the full 4 and held some records for a while, 3A at the time. AJ Turner played one season 2A.

mr.gametime

Seen Louisville and Baylor have jumped in with offers

Pit Bull

Razorbacks are now talking QB potential. SMH

mr.gametime

Quote from: Pit Bull on April 25, 2017, 09:05:21 am

I hope him and his family dont fall for that.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Pit Bull on April 25, 2017, 09:05:21 am

He's the thing, man....

BB has taken one QB every class since he has gotten there. He really wants Bohanon there. He's honestly willing to do anything to get the kid there. There is also a chance that Noland COULD be drafted for MLB out of high school, but he's said it will take a lot of money to stop him from getting an education. Originally offered Bohanon as an ATH because they really would have liked to use him at DE possibly a LB. He's willing to offer him as a QB and let him go at it. Regardless of where Bohanon goes, he's going to show out.

Dogg

It's hard to believe BB wants him there and was the last one to show up.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Dogg on April 29, 2017, 05:38:45 am
It's hard to believe BB wants him there and was the last one to show up.

I figure it was an oh crap he might actually be good if Alabama and Auburn want him

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas