• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Conway Christian (filled - Justin Kramer)

Started by eagle1, December 15, 2016, 09:06:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

eagle1

December 15, 2016, 09:06:13 am Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 02:32:53 pm by Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian
What is going on with Conway Christian?

Razorbacks48

playmaker04

Quote from: eagle1 on December 15, 2016, 09:06:13 am
What is going on with Conway Christian?
Should win conference and be a top 5 team next year.

eagle1

Hearing some rumors about staff changes. Hopefully not true but looking for facts.

FilmCrew

True!!! They will have a new coach in 2017!!!

coachsearch

eagle1

What??? Had a great coach, great man, led them to best season in school history and a playoff win this year. What's happening?

Bigditchlion

Where did he go? CC has a really good program. I'm sure they will find another good one.

Rida4Life

As good as he has done at CC, I'm sure a bigger school has shown interest in him.  Anxious to hear the story on this one.
Private school thing aside, this job ought to draw a lot of interest.  Good school and good program.

eagle1

I'm hoping that's the case but hearing rumors that CC let him go? Also anxious to hear some facts.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: eagle1 on December 16, 2016, 08:23:59 am
I'm hoping that's the case but hearing rumors that CC let him go? Also anxious to hear some facts.

Letting him go would have to be involving an issue aside from football. As an outsider looking in, I see absolutely no reason to let the man go..?

FilmCrew

I'm sure as most schools they would not like to air their dirty laundry out for everyone to hear. I am positive this had nothing to do with his record or coaching ability.

JohnBarleycorn

Dr. Defense

Haven't heard anything about this......very strange

FilmCrew

I'm surprised as well... I heard some higher classification coaches are very interested in this position.

doctor in the house

I was told that he was asked to move on about 1 week ago. Pretty hush hush..
Some parents are not happy that coach will not be returning  and they are asking the school leaders for an explanation as to "why"?

FilmCrew

I don't think they will get an answer...Or at least an answer that they are looking for. This is a personnel issue and won't be released.

I can understand the parents being upset. They are setup to have a great season and now there is a lot of uncertainty within the program. In most cases this is the only coach that these kids know. I don't see the assistant coaches getting a shot at this position either. I believe that the new coach will come from outside of the program.

Dr. Defense

Quote from: FilmCrew on December 22, 2016, 07:01:39 pm
I don't think they will get an answer...Or at least an answer that they are looking for. This is a personnel issue and won't be released.

I can understand the parents being upset. They are setup to have a great season and now there is a lot of uncertainty within the program. In most cases this is the only coach that these kids know. I don't see the assistant coaches getting a shot at this position either. I believe that the new coach will come from outside of the program.

Must be something pretty bad for them to just let him go like that

Bigditchlion

It's gotta be bad. Hate to see this happen. Good coaches are hard to find.

Dr. Defense

Quote from: Bigditchlion on December 23, 2016, 06:25:16 am
It's gotta be bad. Hate to see this happen. Good coaches are hard to find.

Yes they are and he's done a great job there

sevenof400

For what this may be worth - the school sports website no longer lists a head football coach.  That certainly suggests a change is occurring.     

eagle1

Been hearing one family drove this change. Amazing that such a small contingent can rule a school. Still looking for facts.

purpleswag

Quote from: eagle1 on December 25, 2016, 11:38:14 pm
Been hearing one family drove this change. Amazing that such a small contingent can rule a school. Still looking for facts.

That's what you get at private schools...entitlement

Dr. Defense

Quote from: purpleswag on December 26, 2016, 06:02:12 am
That's what you get at private schools...entitlement

To be fair that's what we are starting to get everywhere

x14113

Dr. Defense

sevenof400

HFC AND AD??!??!

Probably not the best idea at any school to begin with but this really surprises me...

Dr. Defense

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 28, 2016, 12:42:34 pm
HFC AND AD??!??!

Probably not the best idea at any school to begin with but this really surprises me...

That's really common in small schools

Rida4Life

I don't know what happened here but CC got rid of an awfully good coach.  I hope they had a legit reason because karma can get you pretty quick in this life..... just saying. 
It's not like a ton of coaches are willing to sacrifice public school retirement benefits to coach at private schools.  Sometimes people forget that.  Won't be as much big name interest as you would expect.

Razorbacks48

private school in 2a, not sure of the pay, who's applying?

bigworm

I could be wrong about this but im pretty sure that a coach at a private school doesnt have to be a certified teacher, but They do at public. Please correct me if im wrong.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: bigworm on January 18, 2017, 11:22:09 pm
I could be wrong about this but im pretty sure that a coach at a private school doesnt have to be a certified teacher, but They do at public. Please correct me if im wrong.
Teachers don't, but coaches do to be certified to coach under AAA rules.

Razorbacks48

who's in the running for this job?

bigworm

Quote from: Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian on January 19, 2017, 12:07:37 am
Teachers don't, but coaches do to be certified to coach under AAA rules.

Are you sure? We had a guy a few years ago that couldn't pass his praxis so he went to coach at private school in LR.

bulldog

AAA HANDBOOK

ARTICLE II
ADMINISTRATION OF INTERSCHOLASTIC EVENTS

SECTION 2. COACHES OF COMPETITIVE SPORTS

Rule 4. NONPUBLIC SCHOOL COACHES. A nonpublic school coach must meet the same requirements as a public school coach in a comparable assignment.

hollaback

From what i am hearing there are some very "entitled" people at the school and they make the decisions.

arkansasFBscoop

Quote from: hollaback on January 22, 2017, 02:58:48 pm
From what i am hearing there are some very "entitled" people at the school and they make the decisions.

As is the case in many schools - not just those that are private.

bigworm

Quote from: bulldog on January 22, 2017, 02:25:35 pm
AAA HANDBOOK

ARTICLE II
ADMINISTRATION OF INTERSCHOLASTIC EVENTS

SECTION 2. COACHES OF COMPETITIVE SPORTS

Rule 4. NONPUBLIC SCHOOL COACHES. A nonpublic school coach must meet the same requirements as a public school coach in a comparable assignment.

Ten4

Razorbacks48

does anyone know what kind of coach theyre looking for? someone with a winning history, young guy??

hollaback

As someone that used to have children in that school I know It will have to be a "Yes" man. He will have to do it there way and not his way.

Bigditchlion

We may not always agree with all the coaching decisions a coach makes but from the outside looking in, CC lost a quality coach.

eagle1

Yep. Bad decision by CC. Appears to be a minority of people making decisions. Carter is a great individual, truly cares about kids, teaches more than just FB. He also had built a pretty good team and was poised for a deep run next year. Too bad the few can make a decision that will impact so many.

Bigditchlion

January 25, 2017, 12:04:06 pm #42 Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 04:42:48 am by Bigditchlion
There is/was no doubt that CC was gonna be the 5-2A team to beat. That may help the purple lions though who will be good next year but it will look a lot different than years past.

Hawgpilot

anyone know if Carter did anything wrong?  Seems odd CC would fire someone that was successful without cause.

BLUEBLOOD

Justin Kramer from DeQueen is the new coach & AD for Conway Christian.

eagle1

Wasn't he at DeQueen just one year?

RZback

Coaching history on the new guy?

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: eagle1 on February 09, 2017, 01:54:15 pm
Wasn't he at DeQueen just one year?

2 years:
2015:  4-6
2016:  3-7

source:  MaxPreps

RZback

What was his position at DeQueen.  Been anywhere else?

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: RZback on February 09, 2017, 02:25:25 pm
Coaching history on the new guy?

Head coach at Little Rock Christian 2009-2010?
2009: 8-4 (coached Michael Dyer)
2010: 2-8
2011: shows coach "N/A"

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas