• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cross County Head Coach position is posted

Started by goldoline, November 29, 2016, 01:08:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbacks48

bassfisherman999

February 01, 2017, 09:20:38 am #101 Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 04:01:53 pm by bassfisherman999
seems like it would be hard to move family in middle of school year...

big E

He doesn't have a wife or kids . Lives in palestine, I think he still has a lot of Family up there.

Hatchet

They hired a basketball guy to Coach Football.  Who still believes in committees now.  This might be one of the most embarrassing things CC has ever done.

bassfisherman999

February 01, 2017, 10:27:57 am #104 Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 04:02:13 pm by bassfisherman999
Quote from: big E on February 01, 2017, 09:58:24 am
He doesn't have a wife or kids . Lives in palestine, I think he still has a lot of Family up there.
so in other words he has to necessary ties to PW other than being there for the past few years

Boss Hog

Quote from: Hatchet on February 01, 2017, 10:18:08 am
They hired a basketball guy to Coach Football.  Who still believes in committees now.  This might be one of the most embarrassing things CC has ever done.
I have a feeling Thunderbird nation is about to be Thunderstruck if the school board approves this!! Wow

Rick Swines

Yeah terrible terrible choice.  You had numerous high quality candidates and you choose a bball coach?  I know of 3 assistants from wynne, 1 from marion, 1 from jonesboro, and 1 from FC all applied. 

titan33

Quote from: Rick Swines on February 01, 2017, 11:51:10 am
Yeah terrible terrible choice.  You had numerous high quality candidates and you choose a bball coach?  I know of 3 assistants from wynne, 1 from marion, 1 from jonesboro, and 1 from FC all applied.

Going to see a lot of Basketball's dribbling around the campus of CC from now on...

big E

Sometimes we have to sleep in the beds we make.

Iknewthemwhen

Quote from: Boss Hog on February 01, 2017, 11:07:03 am
I have a feeling Thunderbird nation is about to be Thunderstruck if the school board approves this!! Wow

So what is the man's football experience?

arkansasFBscoop

Quote from: Rick Swines on February 01, 2017, 11:51:10 am

Heard similar.  Very experienced assistants, current head coaches, a pretty good pool of applicants and Cross County takes the "brother-in-law" approach.  Wells was in no way, shape, form or fashion the best candidate for this job.

Of course, it's important to remember that this is the same Cross County administration who screwed up the Williams situation so badly they are paying out the duration of his contract.  Shame for him, shame for Greenwell, shame for those kids at Cross County.

birddawg1986

Quote from: arkansasFBscoop on February 01, 2017, 11:51:16 pm
Heard similar.  Very experienced assistants, current head coaches, a pretty good pool of applicants and Cross County takes the "brother-in-law" approach.  Wells was in no way, shape, form or fashion the best candidate for this job.

Of course, it's important to remember that this is the same Cross County administration who screwed up the Williams situation so badly they are paying out the duration of his contract.  Shame for him, shame for Greenwell, shame for those kids at Cross County.
Wonder if it has been board approved ????

big E

It may turn out for the better . He's not completely football illiterate. Just doesn't have a offensive identity at this point. I still can't comprehend why you would hire someone who didn't apply for the position if that was the case.

Boss Hog

Quote from: big E on February 02, 2017, 09:04:10 am
It may turn out for the better . He's not completely football illiterate. Just doesn't have a offensive identity at this point. I still can't comprehend why you would hire someone who didn't apply for the position if that was the case.
I don't think anyone can comprehend it except for a few of the committee members.  How in the world do you hire a guy that has no offensive identity? What offense is he gonna google? That is a slap in the face to the coach that took those guys as far as he did.  I feel bad for Greenwell, the kids, and community.  This is the prime example of why you don't have a hiring committee making all the decisions. 

playmaker04

Quote from: big E on January 31, 2017, 02:07:01 pm
From what I was told he was asked and he said he wasn't interested in being a head football coach.
A member of the PW school board said he was not offered the job.

Boss Hog

Quote from: playmaker04 on February 02, 2017, 12:13:24 pm
A member of the PW school board said he was not offered the job.
When did he take over as interim football coach at PW playmaker?

playmaker04

February 02, 2017, 12:24:23 pm #116 Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 12:27:54 pm by playmaker04
I'm not sure.  I don't understand this hire. I feel kind of Nauseous.

Boss Hog

Quote from: playmaker04 on February 02, 2017, 12:24:23 pm
I'm not sure.  I don't understand this hire. I feel kind of Nautilus.
I think a few of the people with a little bit of power wanted a "Yes Man".  I could be wrong but thats my thought

big E

He was asked by the supt. If he wanted it and he said he was a basketball coach. I was told that by the person that should know. He took over after the first game after Sartin resigned.

playmaker04

Boss Hog

Quote from: big E on February 02, 2017, 12:41:54 pm
He was asked by the supt. If he wanted it and he said he was a basketball coach. I was told that by the person that should know. He took over after the first game after Sartin resigned.
So his record as a HC in football is 5-5 and he is a basketball coach.  Sounds like a solid football hire

playmaker04

Maybe he will be like beliema and just be "coach" and let somebody else call plays. Maybe they hired an OC. Lol

big E

He was running Sartins system. I formation run right counter left throw an incomplete pass. Lol. I honestly don't know what he will run my guess spread of some kind. And yes 5-5 which around here lately was great but the talent was there for a lot more than that. Never got it in Cameron thrashs hands and I never understood why you would spread your best athlete out wide and never put the ball in his hands.

big E

And I may be way off and hope I am because I really like Tommy. He's a good guy. I just couldn't ever figure out his offensive philosophy. It was a lot like Sartins, practice the spread all week and come out in the,stack I .

playmaker04

Well I've learned a lot since yesterday. We will have an offensive coordinator. Can't say who yet because it's not officially been announced to the public.

littleman

Your offensive coordinator is gonna be Charles Sartin. Ex football coach at PW. Resigned after game 1 this past season.

littleman

Seems like The interim coach would have been the obvious choice, they went to the quarters of the state playoffs. Sounds like dirty politics.

RZback

It sounds like the problems from one school have simply moved to another school.

hardballguru

Someone from PW talking dirty politics? You have the school board president and his twin brother booster club president on a public forum running down everyone that has been here since Farmer. Let good quality coaches and people leave and cussed out players, coaches, and referees from the bleachers. Got on this site and blast Sartin and the players then be at practice and games sweet talking coaches, we see you. They both have tried for 4 years to railroad Coach Sartin out over every little thing. Such shining examples of community leadership!! So glad my son graduated and is away from there. You should be worried about us hiring a guy with zero high school experience as even an assistant. Good luck to us as long as these two are in charge.

big E

Maybe you should move to cross County so you can be with your friends then. I've never said anything bad about coach wells. Not one time and do you know 2hy I am still the booster club president it's because of sorry parents like you that want  step up and help out. You would rather talk about it in a forum that keeps your identity secret Everyone knows me lm not hiding.  And I've done more for the kids of PW than anyone of you behind the scenes parents ever have so don't preach to me.

littleman

littleman

Quote from: hardballguru on February 07, 2017, 09:43:01 am
Someone from PW talking dirty politics? You have the school board president and his twin brother booster club president on a public forum running down everyone that has been here since Farmer. Let good quality coaches and people leave and cussed out players, coaches, and referees from the bleachers. Got on this site and blast Sartin and the players then be at practice and games sweet talking coaches, we see you. They both have tried for 4 years to railroad Coach Sartin out over every little thing. Such shining examples of community leadership!! So glad my son graduated and is away from there. You should be worried about us hiring a guy with zero high school experience as even an assistant. Good luck to us as long as these two are in charge.
HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Boss Hog

What are yall's season predictions at this point?  Going with 5-5.  Could be 6-4 maybe

RZback

I think I missed something.  Who got this job?

Made

Quote from: RZback on February 08, 2017, 08:18:13 pm
I think I missed something.  Who got this job?
....do yourself a favor and read through the posts, well worth it imo, no one can answer this question and do it justice for the enjoyment you will receive when you find out how this hire went, "in the words of Fearless"

RZback

I had read it and still missed the bottom line.  Help me out here.

Made

Quote from: RZback on February 08, 2017, 08:29:23 pm
I had read it and still missed the bottom line.  Help me out here.
interim coach from PW is new CC coach short and sweet

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Made on February 08, 2017, 08:35:41 pm
interim coach from PW is new CC coach short and sweet

Isn't there a famous quote from a noted NCAA coach that "every coach ever hired is an interim coach"

playmaker04

Greenwell has been offered the offensive coordinator job. If he stays,which is up in the air,we should be OK.

RZback

Somebody want to summarize the hire and his coaching history?

Trint Creek

I heard a rumor that Harrisburg is wanting Greenwell for their HC. Does anybody know anything about this?

big E

Quote from: RZback on February 09, 2017, 12:27:33 pm
Somebody want to summarize the hire and his coaching history?
Ok here it goes.  He started coaching in the Parkview system. Came to PW 4 years ago. Called defence for the Jr. Patriots for 3 years .  Was the defensive coordinator this last year for the Sr. High. When Sartin "resigned " after beating rector Wells was gave the interim title. He won his first 5 games and then the bottom fell out. He did however take us back to the playoffs for the first time since 08. Has been the Head basketball coach at PW for 4 years now. Not really a prized job anymore since there ain't any Jason Smiths or Carl Bakers running around anymore. In my opinion he has done a pretty good job with what he had to work with. I think he is more defence minded than offence. I do think he will work hard and I wish him all the luck in the world.

mtindian42

Boss Hog

Quote from: big E on February 10, 2017, 09:10:07 pm
Ok here it goes.  He started coaching in the Parkview system. Came to PW 4 years ago. Called defence for the Jr. Patriots for 3 years .  Was the defensive coordinator this last year for the Sr. High. When Sartin "resigned " after beating rector Wells was gave the interim title. He won his first 5 games and then the bottom fell out. He did however take us back to the playoffs for the first time since 08. Has been the Head basketball coach at PW for 4 years now. Not really a prized job anymore since there ain't any Jason Smiths or Carl Bakers running around anymore. In my opinion he has done a pretty good job with what he had to work with. I think he is more defence minded than offence. I do think he will work hard and I wish him all the luck in the world.
It is crazy that a team can win only 5 games and make it to the playoffs. 

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Boss Hog on February 15, 2017, 08:14:48 am
It is crazy that a team can win only 5 games and make it to the playoffs. 

I've seen fewer.    And not just in Arkansas.    IIRC,  Troy Aikman's Junior Year with the Henrietta Game Hens they were 2-8 and made the playoffs.

His senior year was better.    They were 9-1.

RZback

I the 5 wins all came in conference that wouldn't be a problem.  Problem is when only 2 wins in conference gets some teams into the playoffs, or in the upper classifications when they take 6 teams out of 8?

Dayton Kitchens

Anyone remember one of Gillette's final years playing football?    They had redone the districts so in some districts every team got in the playoffs?

IIRC Gillette was 0-7 and in the playoffs.    I thought it would've been funny if they had run the table and won state.

tmycjy

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on February 15, 2017, 07:48:15 pm
Anyone remember one of Gillette's final years playing football?    They had redone the districts so in some districts every team got in the playoffs?

IIRC Gillette was 0-7 and in the playoffs.    I thought it would've been funny if they had run the table and won state.

I reamber that they didn't want to play and AAA made them play

playmaker04

They played Cross county in the first round and lost 60-0. Believe the same year CC was in semis

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas