• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Webb City (MO) vs Van Buren

Started by webbcity01, January 14, 2006, 12:11:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

webbcity01

There's a rumour going around that this game may happen next year.  Can someone tell me anything about Van Buren, this years' record and how they've been in the past.  Thanks, I appreciate it.

RHS

My friend, here is a link to their results from this season.

Here is another link that will show you results back to 1955.

webbcity01

Thanks man, I appreciate it.  I'm tryin to get a Webb/Russellville match-up soon, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen.  ;)

doggydaddy

This game won't happen. I dropped by the fieldhouse the other day to meet the new coach, and he said that they had picked up McCalester, Ok. for their 2nd game.

RHS

Quote from: webbcity01 on January 14, 2006, 08:34:31 am
Thanks man, I appreciate it. I'm tryin to get a Webb/Russellville match-up soon, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen. ;)

If it ever did, I could lead a caravan of Russellville fans since I've been there before. Might get lost again though.

heffy22

It is much easier to get to to with the new road open.

webbcity01

You've been to Carthage, Webb is about 10 miles from there but it's a lot easier to get there than to Tigger ville.  I heard that McAllister was in the mix, but I'm not too surprised.  Webb usually has an open date every year since people are too scared to play us.  That's what we get for being the Top 5 Program in the History of MO football history hehehe.  I wouldn't mind goin down to Russellville for a game, that'd be a fun roadtrip.  Go into the heart of enemy country!  Haha.

hornet2

Who is the new coach at Van Buren?

webbcity01

I'm going to guess someone that is smart enough to not schedule Webb City.

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: hornet2 on January 16, 2006, 11:05:23 pm
Who is the new coach at Van Buren?
That would be Chris Hill, who comes to Van Buren from Morrilton, the Class AAAA runnerup in 2005.

webbcity01

What does thier schedule look like, now that Webb is out of the picture?

zxvbballplayerzx

I hate to break it to you Webb, but no one is afraid of MO Football, even last place 7A teams. MO is a basketball State.

webbcity01

Quote from: zxvbballplayerzx on January 17, 2006, 11:14:03 pm
I hate to break it to you Webb, but no one is afraid of MO Football, even last place 7A teams. MO is a basketball State.

Is that why no one in Ark. will play Webb?  Considering that Webb City has the best tradition in the State, outside of Jeff City of course, that no one in Ark. could even touch it.  It's a privilage for any team to have Webb come down to your no good state for a game. 

RHS

QuoteConsidering that Webb City has the best tradition in the State, outside of Jeff City of course, that no one in Ark. could even touch it.

I know of 2 schools inside the Natural State that has more tradition that Webb.

You guys find a game yet?

bknight33

Webb City has a lot of tradition. . .but were owned by Bentonville under the tutelage of Gary Wear.

RHS

Was that the same year Jefferson City got beat by the Tiggers as well?

bknight33

Quote from: RHS on January 18, 2006, 02:03:32 pm
Was that the same year Jefferson City got beat by the Tiggers as well?
Twas my man Twas.

zxvbballplayerzx

January 18, 2006, 05:25:55 pm #17 Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 05:32:59 pm by zxvbballplayerzx
Webb, the majority of recruits for the UofA come from Ar, the majority of recruits for the U of MOO come from MO.  In the 2003 Indy Bowl ARKANSAS beat Misery 27-14. Let me ask you this, what happened to your better than Arkansas High School recruits then? U of A even beat the Moo Tiggers in basketball this year.
I recall Fort Smith Northside had no problem playing KC Rockhurst a few years back, didn't seem like anyone was ducking them. Maybe someone can give us a score on those games, I don't remember. The highest ranking recruit  from MO this year is the 14th ranked QB, and he FLED to K-State. The next player you have is a 3-star 35th ranked DE that ALSO left your wonderful State to go to Il. Next is the 38th ranked DE that's getting the heck out of your Great State to MN. That's all the free research I'm gonna do for you, but anyone who is any good from MO leaves. These rankings are from Scout.com Arkansas has HIGHER ranking recruits, and per capita More than MO.
U Central Arkansas will be beating MO State very soon in D1-AA with Arkansas recruits.
Now you maybe or maybe not be wondering why I decide to respond to your post , but your on an ARKANSAS board stating Arkansas teams are ducking a MO team. Western Arkansas teams play Tulsa Union, Jenks,and Broken Arrow out of Oklahoma. Southen Arkansas Teams play LA teams(I'm not as familiar with the LA teams). Fort Smith Southside even put it to Lee High school from Midland TX there a few years back. I would venture to say TX, OK,and LA football is better than MO.
The reason why VB wants McAllister, OK is because they want someone that has team SPEED, like they face in conference. They just finished a series with Tulsa Washington in 2004, you really can't be serious thinking they would duck a MO team. A down Arkansas 5A west team could finish in the top 10 in MO. In fact i'd pick several 3A achools in Ar to beat Webb. That's something we will never know, but I'm not going to go to a MO board and spout off about it, and show my Midwestern unproven arrogance. Now when you want to come back on here and debate with me, just go back and read this post. Nuff Said. OWNED!

webbcity01

Quote from: zxvbballplayerzx on January 18, 2006, 05:25:55 pm
Webb, the majority of recruits for the UofA come from Ar, the majority of recruits for the U of MOO come from MO. In the 2003 Indy Bowl ARKANSAS beat Misery 27-14. Let me ask you this, what happened to your better than Arkansas High School recruits then? U of A even beat the Moo Tiggers in basketball this year.
I recall Fort Smith Northside had no problem playing KC Rockhurst a few years back, didn't seem like anyone was ducking them. Maybe someone can give us a score on those games, I don't remember. The highest ranking recruit from MO this year is the 14th ranked QB, and he FLED to K-State. The next player you have is a 3-star 35th ranked DE that ALSO left your wonderful State to go to Il. Next is the 38th ranked DE that's getting the heck out of your Great State to MN. That's all the free research I'm gonna do for you, but anyone who is any good from MO leaves. These rankings are from Scout.com Arkansas has HIGHER ranking recruits, and per capita More than MO.
U Central Arkansas will be beating MO State very soon in D1-AA with Arkansas recruits.
Now you maybe or maybe not be wondering why I decide to respond to your post , but your on an ARKANSAS board stating Arkansas teams are ducking a MO team. Western Arkansas teams play Tulsa Union, Jenks,and Broken Arrow out of Oklahoma. Southen Arkansas Teams play LA teams(I'm not as familiar with the LA teams). Fort Smith Southside even put it to Lee High school from Midland TX there a few years back. I would venture to say TX, OK,and LA football is better than MO.
The reason why VB wants McAllister, OK is because they want someone that has team SPEED, like they face in conference. They just finished a series with Tulsa Washington in 2004, you really can't be serious thinking they would duck a MO team. A down Arkansas 5A west team could finish in the top 10 in MO. In fact i'd pick several 3A achools in Ar to beat Webb. That's something we will never know, but I'm not going to go to a MO board and spout off about it, and show my Midwestern unproven arrogance. Now when you want to come back on here and debate with me, just go back and read this post. Nuff Said. OWNED!
First of all, Bentonville never owned Webb, Webb actually leads the all-time series by 2, but nice try.

UM always has a hard time landing the in-state recruits that can help them, they do leave and I'm not surpised that they do.  Now, most teams in MO don't have the one player that stands out from anyone else, sure there are some, but not many.  Considering that last year, Webb posted 7 shut-outs and I'd pay anyone a billion dollars if you could tell me one of their names.  It's called a 'team' sport, not a ONE-player 'team.'  Missouri as a whole has tons of team speed, considering most use the run, instead of passing.  Are they the fastest in the world?  No, but neither is Ar-kansas.  For instance, watching Springdale, a heck of a ball club, but they could easily be beat.  I know 2 teams off the top of my head here in MO that would give them all they wanted and more so.  Ray-Pec, Class 5 Champs, and Camdenton, Class 4 champs.  MO has 6 classes, but Class six was very pathetic this year, as is most of the time.  People run from a challenge, thus Van Buren is gone.  Now, what do you have here in Ar-kansas to prove me wrong?  I'm going to go with no-one.  OWNED?  Son, you don't know who you're messing with or how to handle me.  I commend the effort though.

So Jeff City lost to Betonville, big deal.  They are nowhere near the calibar that they once were, in fact they haven't been to the playoffs in a few years but still has the greatest tradition in the State.  Webb has beat Jeff City the last 4 times we've played them.  Remember, Jeff City is Class 6, Webb Class 4.

It's been nice bantering with you though, but until Ar-Kansas brings up a challenge to us in MO, you'll be forever our welcome mat.

bulldogs1159

Quote from: webbcity01 on January 18, 2006, 09:34:36 pm
Quote from: zxvbballplayerzx on January 18, 2006, 05:25:55 pm
Webb, the majority of recruits for the UofA come from Ar, the majority of recruits for the U of MOO come from MO. In the 2003 Indy Bowl ARKANSAS beat Misery 27-14. Let me ask you this, what happened to your better than Arkansas High School recruits then? U of A even beat the Moo Tiggers in basketball this year.
I recall Fort Smith Northside had no problem playing KC Rockhurst a few years back, didn't seem like anyone was ducking them. Maybe someone can give us a score on those games, I don't remember. The highest ranking recruit from MO this year is the 14th ranked QB, and he FLED to K-State. The next player you have is a 3-star 35th ranked DE that ALSO left your wonderful State to go to Il. Next is the 38th ranked DE that's getting the heck out of your Great State to MN. That's all the free research I'm gonna do for you, but anyone who is any good from MO leaves. These rankings are from Scout.com Arkansas has HIGHER ranking recruits, and per capita More than MO.
First of all, Bentonville never owned Webb, Webb actually leads the all-time series by 2, but nice try.

UM always has a hard time landing the in-state recruits that can help them, they do leave and I'm not surpised that they do. Now, most teams in MO don't have the one player that stands out from anyone else, sure there are some, but not many. Considering that last year, Webb posted 7 shut-outs and I'd pay anyone a billion dollars if you could tell me one of their names. It's called a 'team' sport, not a ONE-player 'team.' Missouri as a whole has tons of team speed, considering most use the run, instead of passing. Are they the fastest in the world? No, but neither is Ar-kansas. For instance, watching Springdale, a heck of a ball club, but they could easily be beat. I know 2 teams off the top of my head here in MO that would give them all they wanted and more so. Ray-Pec, Class 5 Champs, and Camdenton, Class 4 champs. MO has 6 classes, but Class six was very pathetic this year, as is most of the time. People run from a challenge, thus Van Buren is gone. Now, what do you have here in Ar-kansas to prove me wrong? I'm going to go with no-one. OWNED? Son, you don't know who you're messing with or how to handle me. I commend the effort though.

So Jeff City lost to Betonville, big deal. They are nowhere near the calibar that they once were, in fact they haven't been to the playoffs in a few years but still has the greatest tradition in the State. Webb has beat Jeff City the last 4 times we've played them. Remember, Jeff City is Class 6, Webb Class 4.

It's been nice bantering with you though, but until Ar-Kansas brings up a challenge to us in MO, you'll be forever our welcome mat.

RHS

QuoteU Central Arkansas will be beating MO State very soon in D1-AA with Arkansas recruits.

UCA will be doing it with a mixture of players from AR, TX, OK, LA and a few other states as well. Even as a D2 school, they recruited heavily out of state as well.

QuoteWebb posted 7 shut-outs and I'd pay anyone a billion dollars if you could tell me one of their names.

Marty Rodgers?

QuotePeople run from a challenge, thus Van Buren is gone.

Beating VB is not exactly a proud feather to put in your cap.

I doubt anyone in MO would have beaten Springdale this year. How many prolific passing teams did Camdenton play this year? What is their style of offense?

zxvbballplayerzx

January 19, 2006, 02:33:44 am #21 Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 08:07:44 am by zxvbballplayerzx
Mister Expert Webb, Running teams are usually power teams. That's just one of the reasons they don't run a speedy WR on a post route, because speed doesn't exist there. MO SUCKS, that's why ARKANSAS AND LA hasn't fell off into the Ocean. I can think of off the top of my head 173 and 1/2  teams in Arkansas that would give Webb City all they wanted this year. See how stupid that sounds? Is there anyway to prove it, no Expert it's an opinion.  Are you one of those MO people  that drive to NWA everyday for a job? If so please learn to drive. OH, I don't know who I'm messing with, nana na boo boo. OWNED! Look out, I'm somebody that's why I go to an ARKANSAS board, because our football is so good.

Ackley

According to the latest list of the top 25 teams in the country, (the one's that would really give SHS a run for their money) not one was in MO.  No one in AR worries about any team in MO.  It's just a fact of life.  Nothing to be sorry for but something folks in MO need to acknowledge and live with the fact that they are just not that good.

businesstron

LOL
One sucky football state talking down to another sucky football state...

MeanGreen

Businesstron, I took a peep at your last posts to get an idea of where you may be from. Looks like your a Texan. I played HS football in CA, and have been an asst. in TX HS, and Arkansas High School football is very comparable. Having spent time in TX, with Texans,I don't think there's anyway I can change your opinion. Numbers is the only difference. Quantity, not quality.

businesstron

Not really.... it's both.   Compare a section of Texas like East texas or the DFW area.   Well lets go with the DFW area it has a roughly similar population to the whole state of Arkansas.   DFW puts out more Division athletes then Arkansas does every year.  East Texas may put out more and they have less people.    It quality AND quantity(money). 

You are right though you can't change my opinion espcially when I've seen most of the half decent 5a, 4a and 3a schools in Arkansas and played(since Pre K) and seen too much football in Texas.  The athleticism, speed and culture is entirely different. 
How do you think they are comparable?

By the way what school did you coach at in Texas?

MeanGreen

xtremewildcat

Quote from: webbcity01 on January 18, 2006, 09:46:26 am
Quote from: zxvbballplayerzx on January 17, 2006, 11:14:03 pm

Is that why no one in Ark. will play Webb? Considering that Webb City has the best tradition in the State, outside of Jeff City of course, that no one in Ark. could even touch it. It's a privilage for any team to have Webb come down to your no good state for a game.

Hey, I don't know a whole lot about MO. football these days, but when I played a ASU, we recruited some good players from MO. I still don't think that the elite teams from MO. would have had much success with our elite teams the past 3 years. Was there a team from MO. that received any national recognition in the past few years?

Logchain20

Webbcity01 is just bored and stirring the pot.  Ignore him!

vbkevin57

van buren non conference is Mountain Home, McAlister, and Alma

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas