• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren vs Joe T Robinson(2.0). Semifinals. Let’s get it started!!!

Started by AirWarren, November 24, 2017, 09:39:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SUGARTOWN

FBfan79

1 yd TD run by Treylon Burks. XP good. Warren 35 Robinson 28 OT

FBfan79

SCRAPPER MOM#1

Romeo

Hats off to Robinson for a great comeback. Feel bad for the players.

Touchdown99

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Sports Guru

Lumberjackfan1978

LJ06

Exact same score as a year ago. My gosh at the similarities in this game and last seasons. Those were two great football teams on that field tonight and it's a shame that one had to lose. Great game to Robinson and you guys had an amazing year. What a job by Warren! Lumberjacks are making their 4th trip to the state title game in 5 years. Let's bring home title number 5 boys and get the 2peat!

bbolin4

LJ06

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Pick_DA_EAGLES

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

What. A. Game.  Hats off to Robinson, they were exactly who I thought they'd be. Tough, hard nosed, physical and driven.  They fought back after going down early, just like last season.  Great team effort to climb back into the ballgame.  But just like last year, Warren didn't falter down the stretch, they made enough plays to keep themselves in the ballgame too.  Rode out the tide of momentum swings and had a chance to the win at the end of regulation but we pulled the kick just a bit right (from what I could tell).  Overtime in high school football is as good as it gets and I was glad we had the ball first to be sure!  Warren punches it in, then again, like last year's game, end it with a HUGE 4th down stop.

It's only fitting that it was Treylon Burks with the game winning tackle on Ceazar to seal it.  Wow!  Going to rewatch that one tomorrow morning.  Incredible.  Arkadelphia was impressive tonight dismantling Pea Ridge, but mercy, I'm pretty convinced we just witnessed the two best teams in 4A go toe-to-toe for four quarters....and a little bit extra!

Robinson, great season.  Don't hand your heads over this one.  Clearly a top 4A program with what you accomplished.  For Warren, what else is there to say for those Lumberjacks.  They have a will to win and understand what it takes to win the ultimate prize.  They don't dwell on which conference is better, who has the best defense, which team is the tougher one--they just come out, do work, and advance.  Bo Hembree has done a masterful job getting these guys to this point and now moves to a perfect 7-0 in semifinal games.  Unbelievable.  Congrats to you Bo, the team, the coaching staff, the fans....everyone.  Well earned, hard fought victory tonight in what had to be one of the best high school atmosphere's in recent memory.

Road isn't over yet.  One more 7-4A team to dispatch guys.  Badgers look fierce, but Warren carries a BIG AXE!  Give it to them!

-Kyle

Romeo

I said Treylon Burks would be the difference maker in this game. The kid is a special player.

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

Quote from: Romeo on December 01, 2017, 10:08:24 pm
I said Treylon Burks would be the difference maker in this game. The kid is a special player.

Great minds think alike brother.  We got treated to a classic tonight gentlemen.

SUGARTOWN

RyanLR

Warren-35
Joe T Robinson-28
OT
Final
Sorry my phone died. Just got home. That was one heck of a football game. Caezar Warren got tackled at the 1 foot line to end the game. As bad as the first half was the Senators came out and played inspired football to start the second half. Since the high school OT rules starts each team at the 10 yard line, there was no stopping Treylon Burks when he dove in for the 1 yard score in the first part of the OT. I thought Caezar got in on the Robinson possession but just came up short. I know all the people think that Robinson just "chokes" but that was one of the best games I've ever seen. I wasn't really happy with some officiating but I've never used that as an excuse. Warren outplayed us in the first half and in OT.

RyanLR

Quote from: Romeo on December 01, 2017, 10:08:24 pm
He's the best player in the state that's for sure. Caezar Warren made a case for All-State though as well. He had a great game and a spectacular season. These seniors for Robinson have helped to change the program and I expect they'll be a contender for many years to come.

Romeo

It couldn't be a better movie script ending. Both teams fighting, Robinson battling back 21 points down to tie it. In the end, it was our rock against their rock.

LJ06

Quote from: RyanLR on December 01, 2017, 10:37:06 pm
He's the best player in the state that's for sure. Caezar Warren made a case for All-State though as well. He had a great game and a spectacular season. These seniors for Robinson have helped to change the program and I expect they'll be a contender for many years to come.

Warren is an exceptional athlete. Will have a great college career.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

The only people that will say this Senators team choked is the fans of teams that didn't make it as far as Robinson did. I knew C. Warren was a tough back but until he went against one of the best D-lines Warren has had in a long time, you see his talent shine! Great year Senators! Hope we're on the different side of the bracket next year!

Chief_Osceola™

This game should've been played next weekend at WMS. Warren and Robinson are the 2 best teams in the state in 4A.  Heck of a ballgame.

bulldoghistorian

AirWarren

RyanLR

Quote from: AirWarren on December 01, 2017, 10:48:35 pm
Wow. Wow. Wow.
That's about how I feel about it. Just a great high school football game. Arkadelphia is a great team but I don't know if they have the horses to hang with you guys next week.

STUNNA

if not for Warren Robinson would have a state title last year and possibly this year. C Warren is an absolute beast!!! And Treylon Burks just keeps keeping on. He is a once in a generation type player everywhere on the field. If not for his efforts on defense tonight warren loses this game.

BigLion10

I still say Robinson should've we t for 2 after their last TD lol. What a heck of a game though great atmosphere as well

AirWarren

Great facility.
Amazing game.
Loved the announcer for the game.

Hats off the warren. Great game.

Congrats to Robinson. Amazing season.

STUNNA

Crazy to think Burks and Mcknight are just juniors. Seems like they have been in high school forever.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on December 01, 2017, 10:40:56 pm
This game should've been played next weekend at WMS. Warren and Robinson are the 2 best teams in the state in 4A.  Heck of a ballgame.
I have to disagree, both teams are very talented and in a word "great," but neither played 4 quarters. A championship team shows up both halves. I think the matchup against Arky is indeed the championship and it is quite unfair to dismiss them like you did. Still not sure why Robinson spots Warren 21 points every year, but again, can't take the first half off against them.

AirWarren

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on December 01, 2017, 11:30:54 pm
I have to disagree, both teams are very talented and in a word "great," but neither played 4 quarters. A championship team shows up both halves. I think the matchup against Arky is indeed the championship and it is quite unfair to dismiss them like you did. Still not sure why Robinson spots Warren 21 points every year, but again, can't take the first half off against them.

You're right. They played 5 quarters.

RyanLR

Quote from: STUNNA on December 01, 2017, 11:26:34 pm
Crazy to think Burks and Mcknight are just juniors. Seems like they have been in high school forever.
Robinson has 22 Juniors and 16 Sophomores coming back including Greyson Tackett, so we should be pretty good again next year.

AirWarren

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 01, 2017, 04:52:54 pm
Any truth to the fire marshal putting a limit on people inside the stadium? Heard a rumor.

I've never seen parking lined up so far back on highway 10. It was PACKED.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: AirWarren on December 01, 2017, 11:42:06 pm
You're right. They played 5 quarters.
Indeed, and Warren belongs in the championship, but to suggest Robinson was the only other is a reach....imo.

STUNNA

Quote from: RyanLR on December 01, 2017, 11:43:16 pm
Robinson has 22 Juniors and 16 Sophomores coming back including Greyson Tackett, so we should be pretty good again next year.

That's good! Will be interesting to see how much better Burks can continue to get. He has been dominating since his freshman season. He has to hold the single season td record for warren. I would guess he is close to 40tds on the season.

STUNNA

Quote from: RyanLR on December 01, 2017, 11:43:16 pm
38 underclassman... i believe that's more than warren has on the entire team.. lol

AirWarren

Quote from: STUNNA on December 01, 2017, 11:49:35 pm
38 underclassman... i believe that's more than warren has on the entire team.. lol

Robinson is the hot school right now in LR that isn't a private. And NLR. You should see the facilities. They are going to have numbers.

STUNNA

Quote from: AirWarren on December 01, 2017, 11:50:25 pm
Robinson is the hot school right now in LR that isn't a private. And NLR. You should see the facilities. They are going to have numbers.

Poor lil ole warren.. lol

Maynard G Krebs

Congrats to Warren.  Also to Joe T.   Brackets suck sometimes.  I have this as the real championship game, but it is what it is.

JTR cannot change its image as losing the big one🙁

AirWarren

bulldoghistorian

Same score as last year, and pretty much played out to the same scenario.
Warren jumps out to big lead going into half, but has to hold on at the end!
Congrats to both teams! Warren on the win, and to Joe T on an outstanding season!
Good luck to Warren next weekend against Arky at WMS!

OLDSCHOOL82

Excellent game and worth the trip.  Robinson was folding and was all but cooked to well done.  Warren let off the pedal and Robinson took advantage of it and took it to the wire and forced ot.  I really was wondering how either team was gonna stop Burks and warren from scoring in 4 plays from the 10.  Figured it may have to come down to who would roll the dice and go for 2 and miss to lose.  Burks is a beast and as just as fun to watch him play this year as last.  Good lord...he's got another season to go in hs!!

RyanLR

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 02, 2017, 12:41:07 am
Excellent game and worth the trip.  Robinson was folding and was all but cooked to well done.  Warren let off the pedal and Robinson took advantage of it and took it to the wire and forced ot.  I really was wondering how either team was gonna stop Burks and warren from scoring in 4 plays from the 10.  Figured it may have to come down to who would roll the dice and go for 2 and miss to lose.  Burks is a beast and as just as fun to watch him play this year as last.  Good lord...he's got another season to go in hs!!
I honestly think that Burks is NFL type talent playing in high school.

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

Seems like he's been there forever lol!

STUNNA

I've always said that he will be an elite wide receiver at the next level... but it sure would be fun to see #13 running the wild hog for Arkansas under Malzahn every once in a while.. i know wishful thinking... lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas