• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A state tournament

Started by FNLsupporter, May 08, 2017, 09:38:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FNLsupporter

Some very good games coming this week!! Should be an exciting state tournament. I don't know if anyone can stop Harding Academy, but there are some really good teams that are gonna give it their best shot!  That's my pick to win it all, but they do have a tough 1st round draw against a "better" than a 4 seed (Clinton). Anyone got a darkhorse?  I like Genoa, though really not a dark horse, and Mayflower.

Genoacentral2

Quote from: FNLsupporter on May 08, 2017, 09:38:05 pm
Some very good games coming this week!! Should be an exciting state tournament. I don't know if anyone can stop Harding Academy, but there are some really good teams that are gonna give it their best shot!  That's my pick to win it all, but they do have a tough 1st round draw against a "better" than a 4 seed (Clinton). Anyone got a darkhorse?  I like Genoa, though really not a dark horse, and Mayflower.
Harding and clinton should be a good team, i fully expect genoa to make a run and smackover to beat the 1 seed in the first round.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: FNLsupporter on May 08, 2017, 09:38:05 pm
Mayflower fans say they have a much better team than they showed yesterday when HA shut them out in the regional finals.

Head Lion

Mayflower year in & year out has a quality baseball program.

FNLsupporter

Quote from: Head Lion on May 09, 2017, 07:12:54 pm
Mayflower year in & year out has a quality baseball program.
If they had their ace, I'd definitely say they have a good chance. However...Bald Knob put up 8 against them in Regionals, and HA put up 7 or 8, I think.  They are going to have to limit runs to 3 or 4 to win against good teams.

The Green Arrow

Looking forward to some good matchups between regions 2 and 3 first round. Harding Academy I believe will take care of business like they always do. Mayflower and Riverside should be a good one. No one wants to see Stone in a win or go home sceneario. Harmony Grove and Manila should be a good game. Bald Knob getting Corning is a heck of a draw compared to what it could have been. I understand Corning has a good team and won their way to that 1 seed but I also know Bald Knob is a solid 4 seed which hopefully leads to a good game as well. Good luck to all teams. Lets pray for good weather and good health!

RedWolf275

Quote from: The Green Arrow on May 10, 2017, 08:32:20 am
Looking forward to some good matchups between regions 2 and 3 first round. Harding Academy I believe will take care of business like they always do. Mayflower and Riverside should be a good one. No one wants to see Stone in a win or go home sceneario. Harmony Grove and Manila should be a good game. Bald Knob getting Corning is a heck of a draw compared to what it could have been. I understand Corning has a good team and won their way to that 1 seed but I also know Bald Knob is a solid 4 seed which hopefully leads to a good game as well. Good luck to all teams. Lets pray for good weather and good health!

I agree with your assessment on BK and Corning. No doibt Corning won their way to #1 seed. However, Riverside was 3-0 against Corning this year. Baseball can be a funny game!

The Green Arrow

Bald Knob leads Corning 5-1, top of 4th. BK scored 4 in top of first.

RedWolf275

Keep those scores coming GArrow

The Green Arrow

May 11, 2017, 11:40:28 am #9 Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 11:43:04 am by The Green Arrow
BK leads corning 8-2 going into bottom of 6th. George was pulled mid inning and Hovis is now pitching I believe for Corning.

The Green Arrow

BK up 8-2 heading to bottom of 7th.

The Green Arrow

Head Lion

Greenland was up 16-0 & now it is 16-10, bottom of 5th 😳

Head Lion

RedWolf275

ZoneBuster

Quote from: The Green Arrow on May 11, 2017, 10:54:02 am
Bald Knob leads Corning 5-1, top of 4th. BK scored 4 in top of first.

Corning pitch off?? Wow

The Green Arrow

Quote from: ZoneBuster on May 11, 2017, 12:28:11 pm
Corning pitch off?? Wow

Corning pitched #21 George until midway into top 6. He gave up 6-7 I believe.

SWARK16

What time does Fouke play?

Head Lion

Manila & HG tied at 1 after 2.

Head Lion

Atkins & JC 0-0 in bottom of 2

Head Lion

Head Lion

Atkins & JC still 0-0 after 4

biglion1985

HL what was the final of the manila game

CoolBreeze

Head Lion

Manila 3-1 after 6, Atkins & JC still 0-0 in 6th.

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

Head Lion

bleudog

Rain delay...Dragons up 1-0 bottom of 6th.

bleudog

Dragons defeated Atkins 1-0

NEA Razorback olfan

Chester A. Arthur

Games "rained out" before the 3:00 games started (even though they are still playing softball games at the same park).
3:00 games will start at 10:00 tomorrow, 5:30 games are now at 12:30.
Then winners play at 3:00 and 5:30  And yes, that does mean some teams will play two games tomorrow.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Chester A. Arthur on May 11, 2017, 04:40:49 pm
Games "rained out" before the 3:00 games started (even though they are still playing softball games at the same park).
Then winners play at 3:00 and 5:30  And yes, that does mean some teams will play two games tomorrow.
Thanks, Mr. President.

Head Lion

Quote from: Chester A. Arthur on May 11, 2017, 04:40:49 pm
get the paper towels out

biglion1985

What time does riverside play

Head Lion

Was supposed to play at 530 today

Rebelfan77

The Green Arrow

I'm assuming that Greenland/Smackover was on the smaller field. Anyone know the homerun count for that one?

Head Lion

Quote from: The Green Arrow on May 11, 2017, 08:38:07 pm
I'm assuming that Greenland/Smackover was on the smaller field. Anyone know the homerun count for that one?
i only think there was 1, a lot of errors & the pitching wasn't dominating. Greenland saved their #1 for tomorrow.

Proud Buckaroo

Smackover was down two starters. Both of them were pitchers...

Beau was hit in the hand last week and broke his hand. He was going to pitch anyways because it was his right hand that got broke. I really think we could of had a chance had we not been without the starters.

We are a young team. We will be back next year. Only 5 seniors.

Head Lion

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 11, 2017, 10:14:13 pm

Beau was hit in the hand last week and broke his hand. He was going to pitch anyways because it was his right hand that got broke. I really think we could of had a chance had we not been without the starters.

Sorry to hear PB, I remember someone saying now they were without 2 major bullets in the gun. They played hard & never gave up, best of luck to y'all kids.

Eagle25

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 11, 2017, 10:14:13 pm

Not saying Smackover won't be strong next year but 5 seniors is probably average or above average for most 3A schools. Are they all starters?

bleudog

Head Lion

Quote from: Eagle25 on May 12, 2017, 06:13:13 am
Not saying Smackover won't be strong next year but 5 seniors is probably average or above average for most 3A schools. Are they all starters?
Manila has 1 Sr.

Eagle25

Quote from: Head Lion on May 12, 2017, 07:56:53 am
Manila has 1 Sr.

That's what I was thinking. I think Mayflower has 3 maybe 4. I know in 2015 when Mayflower won it they had 7 seniors but only 5 were really full time starters, which was a big senior class for them.

BoxNOne

Quote from: biglion1985 on May 11, 2017, 06:18:34 pm
What time does riverside play

Riverside vs Mayflower has been pushed back to 5:00 this afternoon

Head Lion

They have cancelled Friday's games, they are gonna try & get in Thursday games today starting at 230. I wanted to give people traveling the earliest heads up.

The Green Arrow

Anyone have access to an updated schedule, or they still playing it by ear?

bleudog

BannerMountainMan

Clinton/HA play at 2:30 latest I have heard

CoolBreeze

Quote from: bleudog on May 12, 2017, 11:44:27 am
AAA indicates this is being updated:

http://www.maxpreps.com/tournament/0hTVJBVHEeeT-Oz0u-e-FA/qkQZaxV8EeeT-Oz0u-e-FA/baseball-spring-17/2017-centennial-bank-state-baseball-championships-3a-state-baseball-2017.htm
At least AAA has eliminated the certainty that one of the two teams in each quarterfinal would play two games in one day and the other would not. Both teams must now play two games on Saturday. However, one team must play consecutive games with no rest. Why not push the semis until Monday? But then, that would make too much sense.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas