• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's True... Coach Woods to Conway

Started by ARDA2, November 26, 2008, 09:22:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ARDA2

November 28, 2008, 08:20:57 am #150 Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 10:19:43 am by ARDA2
NWA ADG
Woods said..."Southside held Har-Ber to its second-lowest point total of the regular season, and Wood calls the Rebels' defense "without a doubt one of the top three we play all year."

One of the top three? What a spos coach Wood is.  I am sure he said more in dissing Southside's defense.  A defense which held you to the second lowest point total of the season after second string was in place in the 4th quarter in a prevent defense and you got a couple of cheap scores? 

http://www.nwarktimes.com/adg/Sports/244873/

NWA Times

"...That offensive balance is what will have to carry Har-Ber against Southside. The Rebels are fundamentally sound and flaws on defense are few...."

This looks like more Wood sposspeak.  Damning with faint praise. I am sure the the reporter had to paraphrase coach Wood.

http://www.nwarktimes.com/nwat/Sports/71558/

Anyway, Southside defense take note..coach Wood has little respect for you.  Kinda reminds me of the trash talking Wood did before our last game.  I can't wait to hear what he said off the record.

Also of interest in these articles is what was not said.  Also checking the Conway Log Cabin, other NWA papers, Times Record....nothing about coach Wood leaving to Conway.  I understand, in deference to Har-Ber players,  no article about the Conway situation will be published during the playoffs.  I also understand coach wood has asked players and coaching staff to stop reading FF.  Some players with inside information do not need to read FF and think "Coach Wood stinks and I don't want to play for him anymore."

7AFBFAN

Homer central, you would think the newspaper would atleast use common sense in some of their statements. Kind of goes with all the other trash coming from harber faithful.

Baitshop

It could be a 2 loss night for the HarBer Wildcats.........

Lose the game........

Lose the Coach........

Come on Southside!!!........Send 'em out the Rebel way.........on their butts with the door slammed behind them!!!!............

ARDA2

They come to your house with disrespect....

Tiger_Dad_14

ARDA2

This seems a bit absurd but has anyone heard coach Wood put his name in for the head coaching job for the Arkansas Bonecrusherz?

wampuscatblue

Maybe Wood is not the coach that is being considered for Conway.  THREE months ago I was told the next head coach of the wampus Cats was an assistant coach on the Harber staff---it won't be hard to figure out which one has a tie to  both Murry and the community. 

Sad thing is why would anyone want the job?  The money is probably not even in the top 12-15 in the state--most current head coaches would take a pay cut to take the job.  Of course, it will be until 2013-2015 before Conway is even close to splitting, so maybe that is a draw.  The thing is that participation in all Conway athletics is down, not just football.  This has become a town where kids find other things to do than participate in athletics.  However, back to football.

One of the 8th grade teams this year either won one or went winless -cant remember.  the other did decent.  The two 9th grade teams both stunk--neither had any offense at all.  Both struggled to win games and the white team had around 30 players total. 

The senior high team didn't have a single playmaker on the offensive side of the ball--had only one quarterback 10-12, and the offensive line was the worst I have ever seen.  There was only one kid on the team bigger than 260 pounds.  Two kids on the team could bench press close to or more than 300.  Most couldn't even squat 300. 

Yes, the Cox kid will probably be on the super sophomore team for the Dem Gaz, but that is a result of Kenny hyping him up and giving the ball to him 30 times a game.  I still say that this was the only year in the past 15 that he would have even been a starter but that is because the talent level is so far down.  He's a good player, but not a big time playmaker.

Also, I know someone on the search committee (interview panel, whatever you want to call it) and there has been no interviews conducted and no job offer given.  One thing to understand is that in Conway every process will be followed step by step---If a teacher at one school wants to move to another school he/she must first resign their old job and reinterview for the new school.  They don't even shift staff from one school to another without an interview, so I doubt very highly that wood or anyone else has been given the job.  It's just not how the system in Conway works.  Dianne Allen wouldn't go for it. 

wampuscatblue

Another interesting thing will be what happens with the assistants.  I talked to someone two days ago and he said that none of them have been told if they will be kept or retained.  Sound slike the new coach can reassign his staff or bring in people to his choosing.  Sad thing is this will affect a lot of families---some of whom were brought in here by Kenny Smith.  I think Coach Hughes moved his family here from Springdale or Fort Smith and has children.  Coach Sessions moved his family here from West Memphis.  It would be sad for their families if either of them were told they had to move on, especially since both were recruited by Conway to move here to work.  It was long rumored that Coach Scwartz was brough back here to be the next head coach.  Of course, that was under a different supe.  Coach Kennedy is a great guy and everyone says he's an excellent coach.  I figure Coach ross will probably be close to being done anyway, especially now that Kenny was asked to resign.  The kids all like Coach Bing and say he works hard.  It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.  I wish them the best and thank them for their service to our kids. 

Quite Frankly

November 28, 2008, 11:25:51 am #158 Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 11:28:28 am by QF©
A lot of that is solid stuff, but we all know when it comes to football hiring their are all kinds of shenanigans that go on. 

I bet you will soon discover that two things are not outwardly known.

1)  The salary will be creatively raised by some bit.

2)  They have it down to a few targeted coaches.  Just the manner in which they deliver that info to them plus including the committee is left to be handled.

As far as Wood goes.............

wampuscatblue

no, I understand all that. that's why if you go back and look at my earlier posts a week ago you will see that I mentioned a teacher raise that was suddenly put together as something that will maybe smooth a new coaches salary over with the teachers. But, the driving factor on this job is the facilities upgrade.  Citizens have pledged to raise millions to be able to build a new fieldhouse, new turf field, weight room, coaches offices, etc.  This is the selling point the district is using, not salary. 

Smithian

Quote from: wampuscatblue on November 28, 2008, 11:35:16 am
no, I understand all that. that's why if you go back and look at my earlier posts a week ago you will see that I mentioned a teacher raise that was suddenly put together as something that will maybe smooth a new coaches salary over with the teachers. But, the driving factor on this job is the facilities upgrade.  Citizens have pledged to raise millions to be able to build a new fieldhouse, new turf field, weight room, coaches offices, etc.  This is the selling point the district is using, not salary. 
Hm... That is interesting.

wampuscatblue

every teacher is getting a raise of 1.9% of their contracted salary sometime in December.  News of this came out a week after Kenny Smith resigned.

Golf Course rumor is that a group of citizens (Doctor's, rich people, etc..) went to Murry a week before Kenny resigned and said that if Kenny was gone they would "help" renovate and build new facilities.  Not sure if that is true, but I do know there is talk of a new fieldhouse, new wieght room, coaches offices, turf field, and more.  Multi Million dollar facility upgrades. 

Quite Frankly

Conway admin has been more than aware of this for quite some time and has been prepared further in advance than most seem to think.

ARDA2

According to the web site that can't be mentioned....

....."I haven't called (Conway) and they haven't called me," Wood says. "It's funny. I got a call about some message board saying I had the job and just laughed. My wife didn't think it was funny, but all kinds of people have all kinds of agendas. It can be frustrating."....

This the first official denial we have seen. 

ARDA2

November 28, 2008, 02:05:56 pm #165 Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 03:18:24 pm by ARDA2
I apologize but I was wasting time watching the LSU @ Arkansas game.  I'll scan my computer now...

BTW there is only one "some message board" for Arkansas high school football, namely Fearless Friday.

Tiger_Dad_14

Quote from: wampuscatblue on November 28, 2008, 11:43:12 am
every teacher is getting a raise of 1.9% of their contracted salary sometime in December.  News of this came out a week after Kenny Smith resigned.

Golf Course rumor is that a group of citizens (Doctor's, rich people, etc..) went to Murry a week before Kenny resigned and said that if Kenny was gone they would "help" renovate and build new facilities.  Not sure if that is true, but I do know there is talk of a new fieldhouse, new wieght room, coaches offices, turf field, and more.  Multi Million dollar facility upgrades. 

The money is there and the friends of the program will make sure of that. The projects will happen and soon. It all comes down to who is picked and we all know you they want.

Been on the same golf course and in the office of some friends of the program. Wished they lived in NWA. I hate the drive down there.

Valleysports

Quote from: ARDA2 on November 26, 2008, 09:22:24 am
Quote from: hoops22 on November 24, 2008, 09:08:06 am
What everyone needs to realize is the person or superintendant that is going to be the one that hires the next coach is DR. Murray who came from Springdale High School. He has a passion for football and for winning. He knows the success of the 7A west very well and knows those coaches very well. His first coach that he will go after is Chris Wood from Har-Ber. YOu can all say what you want, but Dr. Murray and Chris have a great relationship and Chris has been very successful every where he has been. He is a winner and Dr5. Murray likes that. Don't be surprised if that is who he goes after. In my opinion, Conway is one of the best coaching jobs in the state.
hoops22 apparently was right on the money. 

Hey ARDA2 - I broke that rumor on the 17th.. ;D

Quote from: Valleysports on November 17, 2008, 07:46:32 pm
Who's Chris Wood's?  Someone told me this guy has expressed interest in becoming a Wampus Cat!

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: Valleysports on November 28, 2008, 05:31:19 pm
Quote from: ARDA2 on November 26, 2008, 09:22:24 am
Quote from: hoops22 on November 24, 2008, 09:08:06 am
What everyone needs to realize is the person or superintendant that is going to be the one that hires the next coach is DR. Murray who came from Springdale High School. He has a passion for football and for winning. He knows the success of the 7A west very well and knows those coaches very well. His first coach that he will go after is Chris Wood from Har-Ber. YOu can all say what you want, but Dr. Murray and Chris have a great relationship and Chris has been very successful every where he has been. He is a winner and Dr5. Murray likes that. Don't be surprised if that is who he goes after. In my opinion, Conway is one of the best coaching jobs in the state.
hoops22 apparently was right on the money. 

Hey ARDA2 - I broke that rumor on the 17th.. ;D

Quote from: Valleysports on November 17, 2008, 07:46:32 pm
Who's Chris Wood's?  Someone told me this guy has expressed interest in becoming a Wampus Cat!

I don't think we've heard the last of this one...

Iknewthemwhen

Something may happen in a few weeks now, if it is going to happen.

Baitshop

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on November 28, 2008, 11:04:20 pm
Something may happen in a few weeks now, if it is going to happen.

I've got 2 large pepperoni pizza's that say that Wood is gone before the end of next weekend.....

Any takers??.......

Quite Frankly

Time to throw that fish back into the water.

Baitshop

Quote from: QF© on November 28, 2008, 11:06:45 pm
Time to throw that fish back into the water.

You may be right......but is was the most fun that I have had this year........

So far....... ;) ;)

Quite Frankly

Might have been worth a point or two as well. 

Baitshop

;D ;D ;D ;D

It was a hot topic up in the press box this evening......

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: baitshop on November 28, 2008, 11:13:12 pm
;D ;D ;D ;D

It was a hot topic up in the press box this evening......

Wish I could have been there to hear it!

ARDA2

I don't think I ever had as much pre-game fun.

But this stuff is true isn't it?

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: ARDA2 on November 28, 2008, 11:16:39 pm

From what I've heard, it's still gonna happen.

Or was it Williams they were talking about??

Quite Frankly

Earl is my Hero!!

Baitshop

This just in.........."Barry Lunney resigns, effective immediately, and accepts WampusCat job!!!!!....."

Quite Frankly

ARDA2

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on November 28, 2008, 11:18:06 pm
Quote from: ARDA2 on November 28, 2008, 11:16:39 pm

From what I've heard, it's still gonna happen.

Or was it Williams they were talking about??

No...No...Williams is going to hold a summer camp to teach central and NWA teams how to win state championships.

ARDA2

Quote from: baitshop on November 28, 2008, 11:20:36 pm
This just in.........."Barry Lunney resigns, effective immediately, and accepts WampusCat job!!!!!....."

I've heard something of this rumor....earl do you want to help us spread it?

Baitshop

Quote from: QF© on November 28, 2008, 11:20:59 pm
Broken record.

NO!!!.......this is the "B" side....... ;) ;)

I was talking to Earl tonite in the final seconds of the Southside game and told him that I don't know what will top this on.......

Quite Frankly

I hate to tell everyone that Williams is going to Ozark.

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: ARDA2 on November 28, 2008, 11:23:30 pm

Hey, I don't know about you guys, but I only deal in facts, or very strong hearsay evidence.

7AFBFAN

All I can say is when is the Bentonville parade?

Baitshop

Quote from: QF© on November 28, 2008, 11:25:33 pm

.......to eat BBQ at Rivertown......

Baitshop

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on November 28, 2008, 11:25:59 pm

Hey, I don't know about you guys, but I only deal in facts, or very strong hearsay evidence.

...facts huh??........you work for the CIA Earl??..??..??

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: QF© on November 28, 2008, 11:25:33 pm

Really? Does he leave this week?

Quite Frankly

Bentonville has not printed shirts, planned a parade, read a secret thread or came close to seeing their coach leave.

Time to go to your playbook and find a new angle.  ;)

7AFBFAN

Baitshop and ARDA, you guys may need to recruit QF to help prepare for this weeks onslaught. I can tell she is holding important information regarding Bentonville and their future.

Quite Frankly

I'm not allowed to talk about the merger with a certain private school and potential employment within the WMart Home Office.

I just can't say more.

Baitshop

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on November 28, 2008, 11:43:30 pm
Baitshop and ARDA, you guys may need to recruit QF to help prepare for this weeks onslaught. I can tell she is holding important information regarding Bentonville and their future.

I think that it would be difficult to get anything out of QF in regards to Bentonville.......

Besides....we have never let the facts get in the way of a good thread anyway......

ARDA2

Quote from: QF© on November 28, 2008, 11:36:11 pm
Bentonville has not printed shirts, planned a parade, read a secret thread or came close to seeing their coach leave.

Time to go to your playbook and find a new angle.  ;)

We already know Lunney wistfully, whistles Dixie....say that 5 times

Baitshop

Quote from: QF© on November 28, 2008, 11:44:48 pm
I'm not allowed to talk about the merger with a certain private school and potential employment within the WMart Home Office.

I just can't say more.

I bet that if Bentonville merged with that certain "private school" that you would become a Van Buren fan before rooting for that unholy combination........

On the other hand.......you and J. Walter could become pen pals.......and sit with each other at EVERY game.....

Quite Frankly

7AFBFAN

You guys remember the state troopers in the state championship game in 2006 moving from one side to the other as we traded scores at the end? I wonder if that will happen next week with Barry leaving at halftime to come back home? He would make one heck of an assistant coach.

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: baitshop on November 28, 2008, 11:32:56 pm
Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on November 28, 2008, 11:25:59 pm

...facts huh??........you work for the CIA Earl??..??..??

Let's just say I have highly confidential sources...everywhere...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas