• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3a-3?

Started by Gr3yhounds, January 30, 2017, 07:26:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Gr3yhounds

The 3a-3 is looking like a monster this year, what are y'alls thoughts

Head Lion

It's basketball 🏀 season.

hsindian

Quote from: Head Lion on January 30, 2017, 10:10:54 pm
It's basketball 🏀 season.
I think there's a city ordinance where no one in town is allowed to own a basketball.
Seriously though, for as many athletes as Newport has had over the years have they ever had a good basketball team? Was the team with Charles Balentine the last one?

sprained ankle

Quote from: hsindian on January 31, 2017, 09:04:18 pm
I think there's a city ordinance where no one in town is allowed to own a basketball.
Seriously though, for as many athletes as Newport has had over the years have they ever had a good basketball team? Was the team with Charles Balentine the last one?
The teams have no discipline. The players have no concept of fundamental basketball. Street ball is all they know and it just doesn't work.

ISU7

Quote from: Gr3yhounds on January 30, 2017, 07:26:04 pm
The 3a-3 is looking like a monster this year, what are y'alls thoughts
I think the top four will win their first round playoff game.

Heisman Pose

1) Piggott
2) Rivercrest
3) Newport
4) Osceola
5) Walnut Ridge
6) Hoxie
7) Manila
8) Corning
Make your predictions

snoopy22

I think top three will win their first round game.

neaguru

1. Rivercrest- winda and Robinson are probably the 2 best rb in 3-3a.
2. Newport- only lost 3 players from last years semi final team
3. Piggott- will be very tough. A very physical fb team
4. Osceola- I've heard that the new coach has them going in the right direction and the athletes will be there
5. Hoxie- The mustang will bounce back from a lackluster season last year.
6-8 walnut ridge Manila and Corning I don't see any of these teams being very competitive this year. WR and Manila was senior laden teams last year and look to regroup and rebuild this year while Corning looks to snap a long losing streak.

Paperman

Quote from: neaguru on June 15, 2017, 08:20:44 am
1. Rivercrest- winda and Robinson are probably the 2 best rb in 3-3a.
2. Newport- only lost 3 players from last years semi final team
3. Piggott- will be very tough. A very physical fb team
4. Osceola- I've heard that the new coach has them going in the right direction and the athletes will be there
5. Hoxie- The mustang will bounce back from a lackluster season last year.
6-8 walnut ridge Manila and Corning I don't see any of these teams being very competitive this year. WR and Manila was senior laden teams last year and look to regroup and rebuild this year while Corning looks to snap a long losing streak.
I think your top three are spot on but any of them can finish first! Osceola and Hoxie, along with Manila will fight for the last two playoff spots! Good job!

ISU7

Newport have some key skill players that will not be able to play. This could spell trouble for them
To be continue.

jacosportsfreak

Why won't they be able to play?

Coltfan2005

none of your business, these are kids.

Longfellow

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on July 10, 2017, 08:39:18 pm
none of your business, these are kids.
I bet that wasn't your opinion when you wanted to find out

Coltfan2005

I have not found out, I don't want to find out, I have no interest in bad things that happen to kids except to wish them well.

Razorhummer

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on July 13, 2017, 04:09:27 pm
I have not found out, I don't want to find out, I have no interest in bad things that happen to kids except to wish them well.
I agree. I follow 2 teams and being from Jackson County makes Newport one of them. :-X

MynameisJeff

Be glad they don't half to play Mtn View. WOOOOOO

Proud Buckaroo

I'm just glad I didn't get an education in Mountain View.

"Half." I believe the word you're looking for is "have."

MynameisJeff

Half sounds better.

Proud Buckaroo

No, half just sounds uneducated. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

biglion1985

I agree with buckaroo it sounds uneducated

MynameisJeff

Coltfan2005

actually, Jeffie is somewhat correct. The word "have" does sound like the word "half" when pronounced by a person with no front teeth. I was in Mountain View once (made a wrong turn) and a good 50% (half!) of the local people I saw had no front teeth. So, you can see why Jeffie was mistaken.

Skip Baymore

July 24, 2017, 11:12:13 pm #22 Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 11:25:41 pm by Skip Baymore
Quote from: Coltfan2005 on July 24, 2017, 10:59:17 pm
actually, Jeffie is somewhat correct. The word "have" does sound like the word "half" when pronounced by a person with no front teeth. I was in Mountain View once (made a wrong turn) and a good 50% (half!) of the local people I saw had no front teeth. So, you can see why Jeffie was mistaken.

A lot of people probably don't know this but the toothbrush was actually invented in Mountain View.  It's true because if it were invented anywhere else, it would have been called the "teethbrush". 

JC Guy

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on July 24, 2017, 10:59:17 pm
That's funny I don't care who you are.

Proud Buckaroo

The first person to ever wear wooden "teef" actually resided in Mountain View.

MynameisJeff

I don't brush my teeth, I brush my tooth. Only got 1

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Skip Baymore on July 24, 2017, 11:12:13 pm
A lot of people probably don't know this but the toothbrush was actually invented in Mountain View.  It's true because if it were invented anywhere else, it would have been called the "teethbrush". 

I don't laugh at many posts but when I do...

Skip Baymore

About how I felt when I read yours Coltfan.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: MynameisJeff on July 25, 2017, 12:18:38 pm
I don't brush my teeth, I brush my tooth. Only got 1
Way to go, Jeffy. You can be a good sport when you try.

big lefty

He has a sweet tooth

luxora4life

After seeing your team or other team (7 on 7, team padded camp, or after week one practices), have these conf. ranking changes in anyone opinion.

TruthHurts

1) RiverCrest
2) Piggott
3) Newport
4) Manila
5) Hoxie
6) Osceola
7) Walnut Ridge
8) Corning

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas