• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mid-Way through the Season...Does any one team standout amongst all?

Started by stephenAmaxx, October 02, 2016, 09:55:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

stephenAmaxx

Paperman

I am very impressed by the 3A-3 Piggott Mohawks! This is not to say they are going to win the conference or anything, but they play hard to the whistle on every play! The big boys all seem to have issues, but Charleston or Prescott seem to be the two best, as far as winning it all. But there is no team I can definitely say is head and shoulders above the others!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Paperman on October 02, 2016, 10:24:43 am
I am very impressed by the 3A-3 Piggott Mohawks! This is not to say they are going to win the conference or anything, but they play hard to the whistle on every play! The big boys all seem to have issues, but Charleston or Prescott seem to be the two best, as far as winning it all. But there is no team I can definitely say is head and shoulders above the others!

Does piggot still hit harder than anyone in 3a?

Paperman

MynameisJeff

State champs 2010

lizard1989

I think that Danville will go deep in the playoffs. They have an excellent quarterback and backs with speed.

Carljung

I know Prescott beat Centerpoint, but Centerpoint could easily be in the mix at the end.

Ned_Flanders

Lizard I don't think that Danville will even make the 3A playoffs. 😬

Proud Buckaroo

GrindTime

Charleston & Prescott, both seem to be pretty dominant this year..

Danold Dump

The Prescott Curleywolves best in 3a. Best defense I've seen in a long time. ....dump out

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: GrindTime on October 04, 2016, 08:15:23 am
Charleston & Prescott, both seem to be pretty dominant this year..
But who has Charleston dominated? How good does Charleston look compared to the championship teams?

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Prescott has been known for their offense and that is the case again this season.  But their defense is much improved.  I believe they are the most complete team in 3A.  They play in a tough conference so they should be prepared for a deep run in the playoffs......by deep, I mean War Memorial deep.

BAMA#16

Quote from: Oldman on October 04, 2016, 09:04:39 am
But who has Charleston dominated? How good does Charleston look compared to the championship teams?
Oldman, it is hard to judge at this point, but if our offense is precise in the passing game, it will be hard to defend. I think the defense is quick enough to the edges to make the speedy backs turn back inside, and that sends them back into the teeth of the defense, time will tell, we have a weak conference this year.

stephenAmaxx

Well, I'm hearing a lot about this Prescott team but is there Offense that good? Are they that
good  ??? They have a first year Qb when the playoffs get here we ALL UNDERSTAND the level of pressure and the level of coaching/talent at that stage... Can he/they handle it ?

Anyone from Prescott or someone that's seen him live care to comment?

Cupkake24

Quote from: stephenAmaxx on October 04, 2016, 10:05:09 am
Well, I'm hearing a lot about this Prescott team but is there Offense that good? Are they that
good  ??? They have a first year Qb when the playoffs get here we ALL UNDERSTAND the level of pressure and the level of coaching/talent at that stage... Can he/they handle it ?

Anyone from Prescott or someone that's seen him live care to comment?

Yes i believe he can handle it. He's only turned it over once this season. He has a great running attack and defense behind him. I think he's capable of leading prescott pretty far.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Cupkake24 on October 04, 2016, 10:10:40 am
Yes i believe he can handle it. He's only turned it over once this season. He has a great running attack and defense behind him. I think he's capable of leading prescott pretty far.

Flynn seems to have more rushing yards than he does passing yard. But, could that be because Pearson has been out so long?

As of right now. It seems Prescott is a run attack team.

Cupkake24

yes it could be. down the stretch look to see them air it out more. But theyve become run first. the o line has been one of the best they have had in a while

stephenAmaxx

Prescotts oline could face some heat these next couple of weeks, Sometimes good skilled players cover up a bad oline early on

Cupkake24

Quote from: stephenAmaxx on October 04, 2016, 10:25:24 am
Prescotts oline could face some heat these next couple of weeks, Sometimes good skilled players cover up a bad oline early on
i think they are up for the challenge

GrindTime

Prescott is very skilled on both offense and defense , If the offense doesn't start off rolling the defense usually steps up teams may get a couple cheap balls on the prescott D but not much..

THA TRUTH

lizard1989

Ralphina

Prescott has been rolling!  Quarterback can run or pass! This team has great speed!  Vanhook and Walker will run the ball all over you and then the Wolves also have great receivers.........Pearson is not the only receiver they have that can catch a ball #13 and #11 can catch too,  I saw that when Pearson didn't play!  Wolves looking tough!

The Green Arrow

I haven't seen a team stand out above everyone else and believe any of those 6-8 teams consistently ranked at the top have a chance at it. I will say I know more about Bald Knob the rest of those teams in that group and believe that as long as Gulledge is healthy they have a shot to beat anyone. He is probably the best player in the 3A classification and is really a one-man wrecking crew. I see BK going as far as he can take them. However, BK's defense is very pedestrian and nothing special as they have the need to just outscore their opponent rather than stop them. With that being said, I see it as being pretty open right now. Can never sleep on Rivercrest and Harding Academy as you never know when they may turn it on.

justme87

You can sleep on Rivercrest there down this year and if you want to beat up on HA you better do it this year a lot of sophomore's playing they will be tough the next two years.

Danold Dump

The Curleywolves are very good in my opinion.  Watch out for that D.  The Danold Dumpster knows best...dump out

flow51

Prescotts defense started the year out great... In my opinion the past few games they have busted some assignments that opened their eyes. I personally know Flynn and he would be tough to prepare for along with the other talent around him. This team back in junior high won it all with Flynn at QB. So can he run? Yes! Can he throw? Yes! Can he hadle the pressure? Yes! Pick one to defend and he can hurt you with the other. But this group of guys all together just seem to gel nicely. Should be an interesting matchup when Kehners kids come to town next week.

Postman

Prescott won't win it all.  Are they good? Yes.  Are they great? No.  Offense is lacking especially in the passing game and at QB.  I've heard a lot about the defense but they have yet to show me much.  I'm sure the team will improve as the season goes along especially when they get everyone healthy.  They will probably go deep in the playoffs IF they get a good draw. I doubt they go undefeated in conference though.

AmSycho

Quote from: Postman on October 06, 2016, 02:28:08 pm
Prescott won't win it all.  Are they good? Yes.  Are they great? No.  Offense is lacking especially in the passing game and at QB.  I've heard a lot about the defense but they have yet to show me much.  I'm sure the team will improve as the season goes along especially when they get everyone healthy.  They will probably go deep in the playoffs IF they get a good draw. I doubt they go undefeated in conference though.

Who beats them in conference? G-Rose...Haskell?

HeadBussa08

Quote from: Postman on October 06, 2016, 02:28:08 pm
So a team that averages 37.4 pts a game is lacking offensively.....mind you Pearson has played I think 2 full games all year....and Vanhook carries have been limited to get them healthy for the conference season...but they are lacking offensively....interesting L O L. Defense hasn't showed much either except shut down everyone they have played.....to each their own I guess.

HeadBussa08

3a still wide open. Chuck won't be tested till the playoffs. Heck maybe not till the semis. Conference schedules will show how for real the rest of the teams are. I think Charleston and Prescott are the two best so far with Glen Rose,  Junction, and really have to throw Haskell in there with the game they played GR, able to beat anyone in the state on any given night. think there are about 5 contenders out there. Conf. schedule will show more thou will be a very interesting year.

beach bum

Charleston goes unblemished all the way to the crown.... The Tigers will handle any obstacle set in front of them.

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: beach bum on October 06, 2016, 06:54:57 pm
Charleston goes unblemished all the way to the crown.... The Tigers will handle any obstacle set in front of them.
Okay I will play this game. Prescott will do the same even though they have a much tougher regular season schedule. Lol

beach bum

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on October 06, 2016, 07:19:56 pm
Okay I will play this game. Prescott will do the same even though they have a much tougher regular season schedule. Lol

Don't underestimate the 4-3A.... the 5-3A is overhyped anyway. Centerpoint and Haskell HG are good, but nothing special. Glen Rose is very good, but will be proven they aren't elite. Prescott will crumble against Charleston.

HeadBussa08

Quote from: beach bum on October 06, 2016, 07:43:10 pm
Don't underestimate the 4-3A.... the 5-3A is overhyped anyway. Centerpoint and Haskell HG are good, but nothing special. Glen Rose is very good, but will be proven they aren't elite. Prescott will crumble against Charleston.
4-3a=terrible except for Charleston.

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: beach bum on October 06, 2016, 07:43:10 pm
Okay I will play this game again. Maybe they will or Charleston will crumble against Prescott. Time will tell.

Ned_Flanders

Has Prescott and Charleston ever played?   Maybe the stars will align this year.

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: Ned_Flanders on October 06, 2016, 08:49:31 pm
Has Prescott and Charleston ever played?   Maybe the stars will align this year.
No and its long overdue.

beach bum

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: beach bum on October 06, 2016, 08:53:39 pm
Charleston is 3 scores better....
I love playing this game. Prescott is 3 scores better. lol I'm just having some fun I'm a little more humble than you hopefully we can play each other and we will see if Prescott or Charleston are 3 touchdowns better or 1 point better. I let the Curley Wolves do the talking.

RowdyReputation40

HorseFeathers

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 06, 2016, 10:00:25 pm
You've drank to much kool ade...go home

Yes I have and the best flavor of all..... Tiger Greatness!

HorseFeathers

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas