• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 10 girls 3a teams for upcoming season

Started by hogsnout, August 03, 2015, 09:28:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsnout

I have seen thoughts about boys now i would like to see your top 10 lists for girls.I have my picks but i would like to here from everyone else.

TheOfficial

I have
1:  Valley Springs.  Everything back from last year with addition of a good sophomore guard and 6'2" freshman post moving up from last years 30-1 jr high team.  Also, had a really good sophomore point guard transfer in from Western Grove.

2:  Greenland.  Lost a couple starters from last years championship team including their best player.  Will still be very good but This will be the year Valley overtakes them and gets back on top.

I see a rematch of last years finals game.  I know there are some other good teams out there but you guys will have to help me round out a top ten.  I have heard maybe Paris or Two Rivers.

Longfellow

Two Rivers. Has 2 all-state caliber players in Grace Coates and Savannah Hodges. I believe that the other move in, Tia Gadberry, was all-conference last year at Dardanelle. Returning all but two players and the addition of Hodges and the Gadberry sisters, makes TR a definite contender.

hogsnout

I thought that Jesseville would be a contender but after watching them against a so so pottsville team I think that they are a long way from top 10. And paris up in the air due to ⭐star player that  may not be playing there from what im hereing.

BigMan15

She is staying at Paris but i still cant see Paris as a top ten team They will struggle to get to state

hogsnout

So we are at top three so far
1 Valley Springs
2 Greenland
3 Two Rivers
4 ?

hogsnout

Dont be afraid to give your input I have seen a lot of teams around the state.But not all maybe you have seen some I havent lots of good talent around the state.

bobcats

Quote from: hogsnout on August 04, 2015, 10:31:33 am
I thought that Jesseville would be a contender but after watching them against a so so pottsville team I think that they are a long way from top 10. And paris up in the air due to ⭐star player that  may not be playing there from what im hereing.

Jessieville girls should still be good as they have the top post player in 3A.

BigLion10

bobcats

They will be fine.  Coach Carter is a great coach.  I would not want to play them at State.

hogsnout

So gonna give Jesseville the benefit of the doubt.
1 Valley Springs
2 Greenland
3 Two Rivers
4 Jesseville
5 ?
We are waiting on no.5 now send more input on your teams.

Basketballfan13

I think Genoa and fordyce bring back their whole teams from last year state tournament. Also mountain view made state last year and should be better this year.

hogsnout

And now we are starting to get somewhere.

Longfellow

I seriously know nothing of the girls side besides the 3A-4, Valley, and Greenland

TheOfficial

Basketballfan13

Quote from: TheOfficial on August 06, 2015, 09:22:45 pm
Mt View isn't top 10. 
I would have listed them at the bottom of my top 10 as a wild card for this year. They lost Davis but if the freshman pg adjusts to sr high good they could make state. Its kind of a down year in 3a. Not sure what harding has back they might be top 10, I know Perryville lost a lot from last year. Paris will be top 10 if all players are playing. I would have had rivercrest in there but I'm still hearing the big post is at epc now if so they will struggle.

TheOfficial

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on August 06, 2015, 10:34:29 pm
Mt View isn't top 10. 
I would have listed them at the bottom of my top 10 as a wild card for this year. They lost Davis but if the freshman pg adjusts to sr high good they could make state. Its kind of a down year in 3a. Not sure what harding has back they might be top 10, I know Perryville lost a lot from last year. Paris will be top 10 if all players are playing. I would have had rivercrest in there but I'm still hearing the big post is at epc now if so they will struggle.

I would agree with all that.

RedWolf275

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on August 06, 2015, 10:34:29 pm
Mt View isn't top 10. 
I would have listed them at the bottom of my top 10 as a wild card for this year. They lost Davis but if the freshman pg adjusts to sr high good they could make state. Its kind of a down year in 3a. Not sure what harding has back they might be top 10, I know Perryville lost a lot from last year. Paris will be top 10 if all players are playing. I would have had rivercrest in there but I'm still hearing the big post is at
epc now if so they will struggle.

I have also heard Vornes was going to EPC but I also heard that she wasn't. If sheis is still at Rivercrest they will be a solid team. Made state quarters last year I believe.

RTF

Paris will be strong in their district, will make it to state easier than what Bigman thinks...

BigMan15

If Paris finishes third in the conference it would be a tough first round matchup

bobcats

Quote from: hogsnout on August 06, 2015, 04:16:24 pm
1 Valley Springs
2 Greenland
3 Two Rivers
4 Jesseville
5 ?

I was thinking of Jessieville being in the 6-10 range. 

TheOfficial

Quote from: bobcats on August 07, 2015, 09:20:17 pm
Quote from: hogsnout on August 06, 2015, 04:16:24 pm
1 Valley Springs
2 Greenland
3 Two Rivers
4 Jesseville
5 ?

So who would you have 4 Bobcat?

I was thinking of Jessieville being in the 6-10 range.

tiger2016

I think that this year may be the year the Charleston Girls will be back. I'll have them at top 5-8 team.

Longfellow

They were young last year and were a solid team. I don't think they'll be able to keep up with TR in conference, and even Paris if Peevy is playing, but I think they could be a tough matchup come regionals As the 3 seed from the conference. I think they might be another year from being a true contender.

BigMan15

Agree Charleston could sneak up on some people but they will be young and that could cause some issues. They could finish 2-4 in conference

hogsnout

Updated
1 Valley Springs
2 Greenland
3 Two Rivers
4 ?
5 ?
6 Fordyce
7 Genoa
8 Jessville
9 Paris
10 ?

hogsnout

Didnt put Charleston in because I think they will get handled easily by TR and Paris and putting them as 3 seed in regionals  problaby puts them against valley or Greenland and they are gone.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: hogsnout on August 09, 2015, 02:58:43 pm
Didnt put Charleston in because I think they will get handled easily by TR and Paris and putting them as 3 seed in regionals  problaby puts them against valley or Greenland and they are gone.

Valley and Greenland aren't in the same region though...

#EagleStrong

Quote from: HF on August 09, 2015, 07:12:13 pm
Quote from: hogsnout on August 09, 2015, 02:58:43 pm

Valley and Greenland aren't in the same region though...

The 1-West has some rebuilding to do. Cedarville and Elkins lost quite a bit. It's tough to see who'll emerge behind Greenland. Lavaca has some potential but they've struggled to stay healthy. It's conceivable that whoever gets the three seed from the 4 will win at regionals. I'm not sure what West Fork will have coming back. They were the only 1-West team other than Greenland to make it to state last year. They gave Harding Academy a close game.

hogsnout

Ya thats my fault HF on valley but from what little i've seen of Charleston it was not impressive at all i just cant see them making it far.

fbisgreat

Charleston girls will be down this year.They only have about 12 points a game coming back.And 4 10th graders  will be playing this year so they should be anywhere from 4 to 6th in conference.

RTF

I doubt Charleston makes it to State again, to young... ( if they do it will be by a good game in district tournamnet upsetting someone.

RedWolf275

According to a post on the 2A forum the big Vornes girl from Rivercrest has moved to EPC. If true that will probably eliminate Rivercrest from the top ten discussion.

wonderboys

I could definitely see a State Championship game repeat, except with a different ending. Greenland is bringing a lot back, but lost quite a load. Valley is due for a ring. Two Rivers should be tough, but I think the experience of G-land and Valley is too much for anyone else to crack.

What about Bergman? and I know someone already mentioned Mountain View, but there are differing opinions on here about them.

I'd say that is probably the toughest conference, correct?

Longfellow

What does Bergman bring back? They were a tough team last year. Depending on what they return, they could be top 10

TheOfficial

Quote from: wonderboys on August 28, 2015, 09:18:17 am
I could definitely see a State Championship game repeat, except with a different ending. Greenland is bringing a lot back, but lost quite a load. Valley is due for a ring. Two Rivers should be tough, but I think the experience of G-land and Valley is too much for anyone else to crack.

What about Bergman? and I know someone already mentioned Mountain View, but there are differing opinions on here about them.

I'd say that is probably the toughest conference, correct?

Bergman graduated just about everything.  They will be very young and will probably finish 3rd or 4th in the conference.  Conference will go Valley, Mt View, Yellville and/or Bergman will fight it out for 3rd/4th.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas