• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 10 Players in the league

Started by BigCatMan, August 01, 2015, 08:25:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigCatMan

OK guys, who are your top ten players this next year in the league? Have at it...

Longfellow

Kelvin Robinson - ECS
Brandon Fenner - Charleston
Allie Freeman IV - ECS
Austin Reaves - Cedar Ridge
Colby Whitlow - TR
Morgan Yates - TR
Hunter Daley - Jessieville
Hogue - Valley Springs
Politte - Flippin
Nicholson - Marshall
Not any particular order, just as I remembered them. Feel like I was missing an obvious choice, but can't think of who

WPWells

#EagleStrong

Quote from: Longfellow on August 01, 2015, 09:00:00 pm
Kelvin Robinson - ECS
Brandon Fenner - Charleston
Allie Freeman IV - ECS
Austin Reaves - Cedar Ridge
Colby Whitlow - TR
Morgan Yates - TR
Hunter Daley - Jessieville
Hogue - Valley Springs
Politte - Flippin
Nicholson - Marshall
Not any particular order, just as I remembered them. Feel like I was missing an obvious choice, but can't think of who

Other returning all-state selections from last year:

Tanner Brunt- Centerpoint
Dalton Cox- Centerpoint
Caleb Reinhart- Manila
Jordan Jones*- Smackover
Cody Roebke- West Fork
Ryan Roebke- West Fork

*Committed to play football at Arkansas, so likely won't play

Silky Johnson

Caleb Reinhart graduated from Manila last year.

#EagleStrong

Quote from: Silky Johnson on August 02, 2015, 03:36:19 pm
Caleb Reinhart graduated from Manila last year.

State program had him listed wrong then. Thanks.

BigMan15

Kelvin Robinson
Austin Reeves
Brandon Fenner
Allie Freeman
Hunter Daley
Hogue
Tanner Brunt
Poloite
Yates
Nickolson
Kern
Whitlow
Jones
Gage Hampton
Ryan Roebke
Wyatt Nehus
Cody Roebke
Chase Ewing
Jake Madding
Michael Ward
I know i forgot some including some from harding but imo top five is in that order!!

bdog32

Good list.   Marianna has few that are good. They could be on list but do not know names.   Barton also had a soph last year that was solid. Probably 6ft3 and strong.  The other player from cedar ridge is good also.  Crabtree

Longfellow

The only thing I have against not having Blake Kern in the top 10 is that I have seen quite a few lapses in hustle in the times I have watched him play. He has a great skill set, he just gets a bit lazy out there

#EagleStrong

Quote from: bdog32 on August 03, 2015, 01:44:35 pm
Good list.   Marianna has few that are good. They could be on list but do not know names.   Barton also had a soph last year that was solid. Probably 6ft3 and strong.  The other player from cedar ridge is good also.  Crabtree

I'd heard Marianna was young last year, but I believe Eddie Cheers, their best player, graduated.

#EagleStrong

Quote from: Longfellow on August 03, 2015, 03:59:42 pm
The only thing I have against not having Blake Kern in the top 10 is that I have seen quite a few lapses in hustle in the times I have watched him play. He has a great skill set, he just gets a bit lazy out there

Kern is a player that should be a top player but won't in my opinion. I almost never see him post up; almost all of his points come on put-backs and dribble penetration. If he learns to assert himself more physically, I think he can be.

WPWells

Sportsgirl

Who are the top 5 players in 3a??
Allie freeman
Kel Robertson
Hunter daley
Austin reeves
Bradon Ferner

Am I correct?

bobcats

Quote from: Sportsgirl on August 05, 2015, 03:25:31 pm
Allie freeman
Kel Robertson
Hunter daley
Austin reeves
Bradon Ferner

Am I correct?

No.

BigMan15

Allie freeman
Kel Robertson
Hunter daley
Austin reeves
Bradon Ferner

Am I correct?
Yes

Longfellow

Quote from: bobcats on August 05, 2015, 03:46:07 pm
Allie freeman
Kel Robertson
Hunter daley
Austin reeves
Bradon Ferner

Am I correct?

No.
If it's not, tell us your top 5

bobcats

Quote from: Longfellow on August 06, 2015, 08:51:13 am
Allie freeman
Kel Robertson
Hunter daley
Austin reeves
Bradon Ferner

Am I correct?

No.

I would not make an evaluation of players I haven't seen play.  I have seen all the above except Fenner so I can not comment on him.  Reeves is the best I have seen in 3A this coming season.  Apparently John Brady agrees as he has offered him a scholarship with A-State.  You could definitely make a case for Robinson and Freeman.  Don't get me wrong, Daley is a good player but I could not put him in the top 5 category.  I would not be surprised if by the end of the season Sawyer Lamb is the player everyone is talking about on the Jessieville team.  He is Coach Lamb's 9th grade son who is moving up to the Sr. team.

I obviously have seen the 3A East play the most and could list a top 5 for our conference ((Nicholson, Politte, Hogue, Lynch from Yellville and Williams from Bergman.  These are the guys the opposing coach game plans to slow down.  Please excuse my off topic rambling.

Sportsgirl

Bobcat you need to give credit were credit is due! Quit dogging daley I have seen him play 3 times and I was really impress with his size and everything! he played outstanding games against episcopal and mayflower and England he can't do much better. So you need to go back to the east!

BigMan15

Quote from: bobcats on August 06, 2015, 06:41:54 pm
Allie freeman
Kel Robertson
Hunter daley
Austin reeves
Bradon Ferner

Am I correct?

No.

I would not make an evaluation of players I haven't seen play.  I have seen all the above except Fenner so I can not comment on him.  Reeves is the best I have seen in 3A this coming season.  Apparently John Brady agrees as he has offered him a scholarship with A-State.  You could definitely make a case for Robinson and Freeman.  Don't get me wrong, Daley is a good player but I could not put him in the top 5 category.  I would not be surprised if by the end of the season Sawyer Lamb is the player everyone is talking about on the Jessieville team.  He is Coach Lamb's 9th grade son who is moving up to the Sr. team.

I obviously have seen the 3A East play the most and could list a top 5 for our conference ((Nicholson, Politte, Hogue, Lynch from Yellville and Williams from Bergman.  These are the guys the opposing coach game plans to slow down.  Please excuse my off topic rambling.
I was not impressed with the young guy from Jesseville maybe in a few years he could be the guy but these five are the best ive seen

bobcats

Quote from: Sportsgirl on August 06, 2015, 07:58:59 pm
Bobcat you need to give credit were credit is due! Quit dogging daley I have seen him play 3 times and I was really impress with his size and everything! he played outstanding games against episcopal and mayflower and England he can't do much better. So you need to go back to the east!

Sorry but expressing an opinion that someone is not top 5 is not dogging.  I did complement him as being a good player. 

WildcatGrandpa13

Allie freeman
Kel Robertson
Hunter daley
Austin reeves
Bradon Ferner

Am I correct?

No.

I haven't seen the Reaves kid play, but I'd be very surprised if he was better than both Kelvin Robinson and Allie Freeman. I won't say it's impossible though.

Longfellow

I have seen all three play once. From that one game, I would say that Reaves is definitely better than Freeman. I would have to watch them both a little more to decide between him and Robinson. Both are extremely talented

Moonshiner

Quote from: Longfellow on August 31, 2015, 09:56:06 am
I have seen all three play once. From that one game, I would say that Reaves is definitely better than Freeman. I would have to watch them both a little more to decide between him and Robinson. Both are extremely talented

Decide it the way we do on the playground.  Which player wins the game of one on one?

Silky Johnson

Never really seen Robinson shoot but he can drive well. Reaves can shoot better so I'd take him over Robinson and Freeman.

Basketballfan13

I've watched them all play and I would take Reaves

WildcatGrandpa13

Does Reaves have a supporting cast? Is he talented enough to single handedly carry Cedar Ridge through the state tournament?

Silky Johnson

Didn't have a cast last year really even though they clicked pretty well in some games. A good team seems to always trump a 1 man team so I wouldn't say he can lead them to a title.

Longfellow

Isn't Crabtree still at Cedar Ridge? He was a very solid player last year

Eagle20

Crabtree will be a top 15 player in 3A also.  CR has two big guns like Episcopal.  I would have to take Reaves over Robinson.  At 6'5", Reaves can do so many things plus plays "D".  If Reaves were just 6'1" or 6'2" like Robinson I might take Robinson first.  Does Robinson have any D1 offers?  He is good enough!

hornethigh-mhs

I would take a 2 time state champ without a doubt.

cdelaney

Quote from: Eagle20 on September 01, 2015, 04:12:21 pm
Crabtree will be a top 15 player in 3A also.  CR has two big guns like Episcopal.  I would have to take Reaves over Robinson.  At 6'5", Reaves can do so many things plus plays "D".  If Reaves were just 6'1" or 6'2" like Robinson I might take Robinson first.  Does Robinson have any D1 offers?  He is good enough!
I don't know of any D1 offers for Kelvin. He is a super athlete, strong and powerful jumper, great defender when challenged by a good player. He would give Reaves fits if guarding him. He's a shorter version of Michael Qualls, and with the same inconsistency on his outside shooting. I have seen Reaves play only once, plus some video. He is very good, and based on his size I would expect him to be a more likely D1 player than Kelvin. But if you are talking about the better HS player, Kelvin is way better.

Moonshiner

Quote from: hornethigh-mhs on September 03, 2015, 12:06:56 pm
I would take a 2 time state champ without a doubt.

Aren't they both 2 time state champs?

hornethigh-mhs

Reaves has won 2 state championships??? I was unaware

BigMan15

Moonshiner

Quote from: hornethigh-mhs on September 03, 2015, 05:23:06 pm

He and Malik Monk went head to head as Freshman in the regional and state finals.  Cedar Ridge won both games.  The next year Cedar Ridge won the state championship game in a blowout.  So yes, he has won it twice.

BigMan15

And as a freshman how many points did he average? You make it sound like Austin was the leader of those team if I remember it was his brother!

Moonshiner

I don't know the answer to that.  All I said was he has 2 state titles. I know he's every bit of  6'5", can handle and shoot.  Freeman is shorter but quicker.  If I'm a college coach looking for a guard I'm gonna go with Reeves.  That's just my opinion.

Eagle20

Quote from: Moonshiner on September 03, 2015, 08:15:58 pm
Quote from: hornethigh-mhs on September 03, 2015, 05:23:06 pm

He and Malik Monk went head to head as Freshman in the regional and state finals.  Cedar Ridge won both games.  The next year Cedar Ridge won the state championship game in a blowout.  So yes, he has won it twice.
He wasn't the big gun when they went head to head with Monk.  His brother and the older Crabtree were their best players then.

Eagle20

Allie freeman
Kel Robertson
Hunter daley
Austin reeves
Bradon Ferner

Am I correct?

No.

You haven't seen Daley play enough then.  Sawyer is nowhere the player Hunter is right now.  He may eventually be better but this is Daley's team.  Sawyer probably won't start, they bring back all 3 starting guards that are all good players in their own respect. 

bobcats

Quote from: Eagle20 on September 06, 2015, 11:37:47 am
Allie freeman
Kel Robertson
Hunter daley
Austin reeves
Bradon Ferner

Am I correct?

No.

You haven't seen Daley play enough then.  Sawyer is nowhere the player Hunter is right now.  He may eventually be better but this is Daley's team.  Sawyer probably won't start, they bring back all 3 starting guards that are all good players in their own respect.

I'm pretty sure coach Lamb is not moving up his 9th grade son to sit the bench.  You can count on him starting.

BigMan15

Idont see him starting but prolly 6th man but I agree Daley is head and shoulders above this kid right now!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas