• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A-1 west next year

Started by basketballjones, May 09, 2015, 09:40:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

basketballjones

I know this league is weak but I live in NWA and have family that attends both WF and Greenland. How will this league stack up this year?

#EagleStrong

Still relatively weak, but the gap has closed considerably.

1. West Fork
2. Greenland
3. Lavaca
4. Haas Hall
5. Cedarville
6. Elkins
7. Mansfield

BigMan15

1. Lavaca
2. West Fork
3. Haas Hall
4. Greenland
5.Elkins
6. Cedarville
7. Mansfield

BigCatMan

It seems as though no one knows or cares too much about this conference again this next year. I know that there are some really good athletes on some of these teams. This is WF's last year before they move back to 4A and they are a senior heavy team again. They will look to battle with Greenland for the title, IMO.

Longfellow

West Fork has the best post play in the conference. I haven't really seen much else from that conference. I know Haas Hall got beaten handily by Charleston in regionals, but that's about it.

#EagleStrong

Quote from: BigCatMan on July 03, 2015, 08:31:08 pm
It seems as though no one knows or cares too much about this conference again this next year. I know that there are some really good athletes on some of these teams. This is WF's last year before they move back to 4A and they are a senior heavy team again. They will look to battle with Greenland for the title, IMO.

Agreed. Greenland had some success against WF last year too. I definitely this conference will represent better at regionals than last year, but the 3A-4 still looks definitively stronger right now.

BigCatMan

I think this is WF's year to make some noise. This group of seniors are proven winners in every sport. I predict a spilt with the 3A-4 this season in regionals.

BigMan15

Who loses in the 3a-4? I could see maybe west fork or lavaca but not both

Longfellow

Well I don't think any of these teams will come close to TR/Charleston/Paris. So it all depends on the 4th seed

BigMan15

Agree but it wouldnt surprise me if 3a-4 sweeps again

BigCatMan

I guess we will have to see. I am curious to see how Cedarville rebounds after a down year. I know that 3-A4 lost quite a bit but are still gonna be strong. You never know who is going to lose or gain from a transfer or exchange student either. It seems as though Chuck town has welcomed back BF, so they look to be in the mix as always.

-Painted Fan-

I thought maybe you were talking about the girl's side.
But even then, how much did Greenland lose off their title team?
It wouldn't surprise me to see the 4-3A sweep in Boys, and have at least 3 of the Girls, depending on Greenland.

#EagleStrong

Quote from: BigCatMan on July 06, 2015, 05:22:19 pm
I guess we will have to see. I am curious to see how Cedarville rebounds after a down year. I know that 3-A4 lost quite a bit but are still gonna be strong. You never know who is going to lose or gain from a transfer or exchange student either. It seems as though Chuck town has welcomed back BF, so they look to be in the mix as always.

Cedarville got a transfer from Alma who will help, likely their best player, but I think they're still pretty far behind. Enough to not be worst in the conference, but not enough to topple West Fork, Greenland, or Lavaca. Could gel some as the season goes along and make some noise though, and the junior high looks pretty stout.

BigMan15

#EagleStrong

Didn't catch his name, but he's a decent sized forward that played inside and out. A bit too trigger-happy from what I saw. I don't recall seeing him when we played Alma last year BigMan15.

#EagleStrong

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on July 06, 2015, 08:14:37 pm
I thought maybe you were talking about the girl's side.
But even then, how much did Greenland lose off their title team?
It wouldn't surprise me to see the 4-3A sweep in Boys, and have at least 3 of the Girls, depending on Greenland.

I figure Atkins and Lamar will be competing for 4th in conference on the boys side. I can't see either of them jumping up with TR, Charleston, and Paris, but they'll both be competitive. I can definitely see West Fork beating either one of them though if they meet at regionals. Atkins is probably their preferred match up since they'd have a significant size advantage although they'll have good guard play. Kern can very easily neutralize your post game with his size and athleticism though, and that could prove to be a bad match up for WF if they draw Lamar, although I could see them struggling to slow down Ryan Roebke.

I don't know as much about the girl's situation though. Two Rivers and Paris will be very good. Greenland is as dominant a program as there is in the state right now. Lavaca should be pretty competitive if they can stay healthy. Lamar lost a lot to graduation but will still have some nice players. Charleston was pretty young last year and could make some strides. I'm not sure what Cedarville and Elkins have going on. I could see an even split. It's hard to see any 3 over 2 or 4 over 1 upsets happening for either conference.

WFFAN74

I think 3A-4 girls will be a tough conference this year. Greenland will of course be tough to beat. They did lose their big player in Thompson, but they have several girls that are going to be repeat starters that will cause some problems in the conference. Elkins lost 2 big players for them with Hendrix and Welch graduating. I had the opportunity to watch Elkins play in team camps this year and they aren't as strong as they were last year. Cedarville lost their 2 main players as well in Brown and Hernandez. They could have some talent moving up so I look forward to what they can bring to the conference. Haas Hall has a star player in Saita, she's an excellent shooter. West Fork has several players coming back this year. They did lose Karnes, but they have Griffin a 6'1 post who can certainly beast it up on the floor in the paint or out of it, Throgmorton a 5'3 point guard who is fast, hard to stop and another beast on the floor, Greenlee and Smith, both guards who are clinch shooters coming back as well. They had some trouble with hurt players at the end of the season, but they seem to be making a strong comeback. I also look forward to what these West Fork girls can bring to the conference. Lavaca has one good player, I cannot remember her name, but she scored 23 points against Greenland last year, she will be a force for Lavaca this year as well. It could be a good battle this year in the conference and I'm excited to see what happens with these teams.

#EagleStrong

I retract my previous prediction. Cedarville is the worst team in the conference by far. Paris C team beat their A team by 23. Granted Paris is probably the deepest team in the 3A-4, but I've yet to see Cedarville really compete in a game this summer.

OK the bright side they're young, and their jr high is really solid. But it'll be a mild miracle for them to finish better than last, even with Elkins and Mansfield struggling.

Their Alma transfer is pretty raw, still trying to figure things out, but he's only a junior. They'll get back up, but it'll be tough sledding this year.

#EagleStrong

I know you can't read too much into summer games, but Lavaca got manhandled twice by Paris and lost to Booneville by 12. They look clearly behind West Fork and Greenland, but with so many teams in the conference struggling, they're still likely to finish third. They've got some young talent though with Dockery and Eck. They could make some strides as the season progresses.

#EagleStrong

1. West Fork
2. Greenland
3. Lavaca
4. Haas Hall
5. Mansfield
6. Elkins
7. Cedarville

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas