• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charleston-ECS Score Updates and Chatter

Started by WPWells, March 09, 2015, 05:37:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

neds

We have a ball game. ECS guards tend to where other teams down in the fourth.

WPWells

Not sure what happened there besides Ward hitting a 3 with 10 seconds left in the quarter and Freeman missing one on the other end at the buzzer. ECS ball to start the fourth

WPWells

Robinson gets a bucket and will go to the line for one. Smith's fourth foul. 41-32 after the made free throw

WPWells

WPWells

WPWells

Martin just jumped the passing lane and now has an and 1 opportunity. 44-32 after the made free throw

Moonshiner

How do you have a kid in the book with the wrong number at this point?  Did he change numbers since the last game?

WPWells

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 09, 2015, 06:27:50 pm
How do you have a kid in the book with the wrong number at this point?  Did he change numbers since the last game?

I honestly have no idea

WPWells

neds

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 09, 2015, 06:27:50 pm

Usually the asst. responsibility

WPWells

WPWells

Martin at the line for a 1 and 1. 6:04 left. Splits the pair. 45-33

Longfellow

The deal with Newhart is that in the Tigers white uniforms he wears 40 and in the black uniforms he wears 41.

WPWells

Skeets to the line for a pair. Splits it. 45-34

neds

Neither team appears to be good at the line tonight.

WPWells

ECS could be up 20 or Charleston could be within 5

neds

WPWells

Rowland for Charleston has checked out of the game with an apparent hip injury

Matthew Ward with a bucket. 45-36

WPWells

WPWells

Martin to the line for a 1 and 1. Makes both. 47-36

3:35 left

WPWells

Andrew Smith knocks down a 3. 47-39. Timeout Charleston

WPWells

3:20 left. ECS will have the ball out of the break

WPWells

neds

Marsh doesn't stall , he is spreading CHS out for a drive

WPWells

Robinson to the line for a pair. Makes the first and a lane violation cancels the second. 48-39

I usually consider holding the ball for over a minute stalling

WPWells

Allie Freeman to the line.

Tyler Skeets has fouled out

WPWells

neds

BigMan15

The broadcaster is worried about everything except the game...come on man..lol..just call the game!!!!!!

WPWells

Charleston had several tries around the basket and none fell. Martin to the line for two with around a minute left

WPWells

WPWells

WPWells

WPWells

Martin headed to the line. Makes both. 54-41

Longfellow

WPWells

ECS is going to get the victory. Congratulations to the Wildcats!

neds

WPWells

Charleston has put in all their seniors that haven't played yet this game.

neds

Thanks for the updates 12th. A very good season by Charleston. If these two are on opposite sides they are playing for all the marbles on Thursday.

brown2010

neds

I think you've been waiting for that post to post

WPWells

March 09, 2015, 07:29:26 pm #92 Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 07:30:58 pm by 12th Man CHS
Quote from: brown2010 on March 09, 2015, 07:25:53 pm
MOTHBALLS AND BASEBALL 12TH MAN

At least we were there. That kinda loses its luster when the team in question lost in the semifinals and didn't make any excuses

TheOfficial

The Charleston broadcaster is the worst excuse for a broadcaster I've ever heard.  You should have seen him fighting with people in the crowd last night.  He's even worse than the Harrison Goblin guy, and I never thought I would say that.

cdelaney

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 09, 2015, 06:41:01 pm
Robinson to the line for a pair. Makes the first and a lane violation cancels the second. 48-39

I usually consider holding the ball for over a minute stalling
They were definitely killing clock, Ned's. I agree I haven't seen Marsh do that before but they took about 1:10 off the clock after Smith's 3. Then Charleston started fouling early and ECS made their FTs.

cdelaney

The game was a real war in the paint. Charleston really set a physical tone and was determined to not let ECS get any easy points inside. The Tigers literally willed their way into staying in the game as long as they did- the talent differential was huge. And hats off to the Wildcats for grinding so hard on defense when their shooting was off.
Ward is a great player, and good luck to him in college, at UCA or wherever. Robinson made him work very hard last night, but he still kept his team in the game.
But, 12th Man, using your own criteria of great players putting teams on their back and leading them to the victory, I still have to take Martin over Ward by a whisker if I am starting a team and could only pick one of them. 3-0 in their matchups, and Martin made the difference in all 3 games.

WPWells

Understandable, but I would contend that Martin had more talent around him

goodday1

The Charleston broadcaster made the school look bad yet again. The school admin need to ban him from ever broadcasting another game. I'm from Charleston and couldn't stand to listen to the game. Congrats on a good season to the Tigers.

cdelaney

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 10, 2015, 08:10:31 am
Understandable, but I would contend that Martin had more talent around him
No doubt.

neds

I am curious 12th. There has been a lot of chatter on another board about rankings.
Where do you put ECS , assuming they take care of business Thursday

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas