• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Region 4 @ County Line

Started by BannerChaser95, February 18, 2017, 09:39:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerChaser95

February 18, 2017, 09:39:43 pm Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 11:40:12 pm by BannerChaser95
Wednesday games:
GIRLS
GM1 4pm 1-1w) Scranton vs 4-7W) Mt.ida
GM2 7pm 1-7W) Acorn vs 4-1W) St. Paul

BOYS
GM1 5:30pm 1-1w) County Line vs 4-7w) Acorn
GM2 8:30pm 1-7w) Kirby vs 4-1w) Western yell

Thursday's games
GIRLS

GM3 4pm 2-7w) Kirby vs 3-1w) Western Yell
GM4 7pm 2-1w) County Line vs 3-7w) Dierks

BOYS

GM3 5:30pm 2-7w) Mineral Springs vs 3-1w) Scranton
GM4 8:30pm 2-1w) Mullberry vs 3-7w) Dierks

BannerChaser95

February 18, 2017, 09:55:38 pm #1 Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 10:47:57 pm by BannerChaser95
My prediction, not that anyone cares lol

Scranton girls over Mt. Ida
County line boys over acorn (This will be closer than people think)
Acorn girls over St. Paul
Kirby boys over WY

Kirby girls over WY
Mineral springs over Scranton
County line girls over dierks
Dierks boys over mulberry. (Only of dierks can give the ball inside all night.)

Semi's
Scranton girls over Kirby
County line boys over mineral springs
Acorn girls over County Line
Kirby boys over dierks

Consultation game
Kirby girls over County Line for 3rd place

Mineral springs over dierks for 3rd

Finals
Acorn over Scranton
Kirby over County Line

Jacket_10

Mulberry girls not even in regional

BannerMountainMan

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Jacket_10 on February 18, 2017, 10:27:43 pm
Mulberry girls not even in regional
its late. I had it right up top  haha I just looked at it wrong second time around. Lol oh well

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 18, 2017, 10:41:52 pm
haha Chaser banner cmon mannnn
fixed it haha had it right to begin with. Brain fart second time haha

Bosshog34

My predictions are

Boys First Round
Kirby over Western Yell
County line over Acorn
Dierks over Mulberry
Mineral Springs over Scranton

Semis
Kirby over Dierks
County line over Mineral

Finals and Consolation
Kirby over County line
Mineral over Dierks for Third

Girls First Round
Scranton over Mt ida
Acorn over St Paul
Kirby over Western Yell
Dierks over County Line

Semis
Acorn over Dierks
Kirby over Scranton

Finals and Consolation
Acorn over Kirby
Dierks over Scranton

BLUEBLOOD

I like Dierks girls chance against a 12-22 County Line team.  I know its not always a good idea to go off records and CL will be playing at home and Dierks will have a 3 hour bus ride. 

ZestyJester

Lets be real here anything other than CL and Kirby in the finals will be a surprise. Dierks and mineral springs are salty and mulberry and Scranton shouldnt be overlooked but it will be a kinda shocker if it's not Indians and Trojans in the end.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: ZestyJester on February 20, 2017, 03:32:01 pm
Lets be real here anything other than CL and Kirby in the finals will be a surprise. Dierks and mineral springs are salty and mulberry and Scranton shouldnt be overlooked but it will be a kinda shocker if it's not Indians and Trojans in the end.
with it being at County Line yes. The games should be Kirby and county line. However I know that mineral springs boys can go some nights. County line doesn't need to let them hang around. I figure CL takes care of business tho.

ZestyJester

Well from what I hear MS is kinda undisiplined so that plays into CL 's favor because they are nothing if not disiplined! We ve played plenty of teams with better athletes and come out on top. It's nothing new.

BannerChaser95

Couldn't get a score. Scranton Girls over Mt. Ida

When's the last time the host school didn't have a team even make it to state?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 22, 2017, 05:57:19 pm

Quite a while.....Host schools are usually good for sending at least one team to semifinals....

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 22, 2017, 06:05:40 pm
Quite a while.....Host schools are usually good for sending at least one team to semifinals....
i was thinking on the last time. Who held at Prescott years back?

County line 25
Acorn 11
Half

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 22, 2017, 06:09:17 pm
i was thinking on the last time. Who held at Prescott years back?

County line 25
Acorn 11
Half

I don't remember....That was 2006.(I was told Prescott hosted it their self but that doesn't sound right)...I think 2004 @lynn was the last time the host school didn't win a game in state

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 22, 2017, 06:11:16 pm
I don't remember....That was 2006.(I was told Prescott hosted it their self but that doesn't sound right)...I think 2004 @lynn was the last time the host school didn't win a game in state
Bet they still made it tho! 06 was probably Emerson. Which is still an hour drive? Maybeeeee Emmett? I'm not sure. I just couldn't remember. Prescott was 3a at that time I believe so I highly doubt it.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 22, 2017, 06:18:12 pm
Bet they still made it tho! 06 was probably Emerson. Which is still an hour drive? Maybeeeee Emmett? I'm not sure. I just couldn't remember. Prescott was 3a at that time I believe so I highly doubt it.

We're Walker and McNeil and those schools still around then?

And yeah Lynn lost in the first round...And then consolidated with Strawberry to form Hillcrest that summer

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 22, 2017, 06:22:13 pm
We're Walker and McNeil and those schools still around then?

And yeah Lynn lost in the first round...And then consolidated with Strawberry to form Hillcrest that summer
gotcha, could have been one of them, Waldo, Stephens, Nevada. I'm not sure I just was curious. But I digress, Mt. ida has no dog in this fight anymore.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 22, 2017, 05:57:19 pm

Scranton won 73-59

County line by 30+ over acorn

BannerChaser95

HorseFeathers

Acorn 26 St Paul 6 after 1....No offense to the saints but gonna go ahead and pencil acorn in for round 2

HorseFeathers

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 22, 2017, 07:17:20 pm
Acorn 26 St Paul 6 after 1....No offense to the saints but gonna go ahead and pencil acorn in for round 2

44-19 half

BannerChaser95

BannerChaser95

Acorn girls 80
St. Paul 52
Final

BannerChaser95

HorseFeathers

BannerChaser95

Kirby 58
WY 26

Winners of tonight. 1)Scranton Girls, 1)County Line Boys, 1)Acorn Girls, 1)Kirby Boys

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 22, 2017, 09:40:38 pm
Kirby 58
WY 26

Winners of tonight. 1)Scranton Girls, 1)County Line Boys, 1)Acorn Girls, 1)Kirby Boys

chalk, chalk, chalk, chalk
That's how the 1 vs 4 matchups should go.  Should have much more competitive games today.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on February 23, 2017, 10:11:00 am
chalk, chalk, chalk, chalk
That's how the 1 vs 4 matchups should go.  Should have much more competitive games today.
I have county line girls, Dierks boys, Kirby girls and mineral springs boys today. County line girls is my iffy one.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 23, 2017, 11:45:01 am
I have county line girls, Dierks boys, Kirby girls and mineral springs boys today. County line girls is my iffy one.

I hope you're wrong on your "iffy" one.  But who knows.  Find out soon enough.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on February 23, 2017, 11:51:18 am
I hope you're wrong on your "iffy" one.  But who knows.  Find out soon enough.
hey. You never know. People not wanting to be done playing can do some crazy things.

Jacket_10

Not much love at all for the 1-West boys tonight. They gonna have to step it up tonight. Looking forward to seeing what Mineral Springs & Dierks brings tonight. Main thing is safe travels to all coming & going.

BannerChaser95

February 23, 2017, 03:17:44 pm #32 Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 03:33:59 pm by BannerChaser95
Quote from: Jacket_10 on February 23, 2017, 02:59:41 pm
Not much love at all for the 1-West boys tonight. They gonna have to step it up tonight. Looking forward to seeing what Mineral Springs & Dierks brings tonight. Main thing is safe travels to all coming & going.
I know nothing about mulberry is only reason. I don't think mineral springs  should have any problems with their game.

^ I say that but we never know lol

HorseFeathers

I figure Dierks wins that girls game..... Scranton looks(on paper) the only good team in that district...

HorseFeathers

Mineral springs 33 Scranton 21 half

BannerChaser95

Kirby girls won by 30 the game before!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 23, 2017, 06:15:57 pm
Mineral springs 33 Scranton 21 half

68-45 final mineral springs over Scranton

HorseFeathers

County line 34 Dierks 29 after 3

HorseFeathers

Looks like I was wrong....County line 49 Dierks 40 final

J.D.

Mulberry boys over Dierks 64-56

BannerChaser95

Games Tonight

4pm 1)Scranton girls vs 2)Kirby

5:30 1)County Line boys vs 2)Mineral Springs

7pm 1)Acorn girls vs 2)County Line

8:30 1)Kirby boys Vs 2)Mulberry

My picks Kirby, County Line, Acorn, Kirby.

BLUEBLOOD

I was wrong as well.  Neither Dierks team played well enough to win.  Congrats to the teams moving on in regional and on to state tournament. 

ZestyJester

Great job ladies of CL!! Not many people gave you a chance of making the state tourny!

ZestyJester

CL and mineral spring should be a good game. Thoughts??

lineman76

I think it will be a good game hope the CL girls game is a good one too

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: ZestyJester on February 24, 2017, 12:28:08 pm
CL and mineral spring should be a good game. Thoughts??

I've never seen CL play, but having seen Mineral I would say if they can hit the 3 ball and defense has to respect it, that opens up the penetration and Minerals PG is very good at getting to the basket. 

I would say it depends on who dictates the pace of play.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on February 24, 2017, 01:17:13 pm
I've never seen CL play, but having seen Mineral I would say if they can hit the 3 ball and defense has to respect it, that opens up the penetration and Minerals PG is very good at getting to the basket. 

I would say it depends on who dictates the pace of play.
Do you think Kirby boys struggle with mulberry? Close game? You saw them last night so I am curious.

bhartgen

Slim chance. Too much firepower and pressure. Mulberry is good no doubt. Too much pressure for them in the end.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 24, 2017, 01:20:30 pm
Do you think Kirby boys struggle with mulberry? Close game? You saw them last night so I am curious.

Their PG (#3 I believe) is very good.  They shoot the 3-ball and I could see them shooting well and keeping it close.  In the end, I think Kirby boys will be too good for them.  Dierks had success with pressing them late but we had foul trouble and injuries that hurt our depth, so pressing the whole game was not an option.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on February 24, 2017, 02:15:44 pm
Their PG (#3 I believe) is very good.  They shoot the 3-ball and I could see them shooting well and keeping it close.  In the end, I think Kirby boys will be too good for them.  Dierks had success with pressing them late but we had foul trouble and injuries that hurt our depth, so pressing the whole game was not an option.
one thing I was told was 1West boys hadn't been pressed much, while kirbys pressed all season. So I think that's the one thing that helps them out.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas