• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2nd Round playoff matchups

Started by Razorback Red, November 12, 2018, 08:40:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

November 12, 2018, 08:40:50 pm Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 08:43:43 pm by Razorback Red
I'm listing the 4 games in the order of least entertaining to most entertaining:

4.  Southside at NLR- nice win last week by SS, but this one won't be pretty.  NLR by a lot.

3.  NS at Bentonville- NS started the season hot and finished slow, BHS did the opposite.  This one could be close for awhile, but I think BHS will pull away in the 2nd half.  Bville by 17. 

2.  Conway at West- The Wampus Cats eliminated the Wolverines last year from the playoffs and will prob be a slight favorite on the road in this one.  I think the key is WJ.  If he has a big night, I like West here.  I'm going West in a very close game.

1.  Game of the week: Fayetteville at Bryant.  These two teams never disappoint.  They played earlier in the year and FHS won by 1.  I'll be shocked if this game is decided by more than a TD either way.  I would think Bryant will be a slight fave at home.  I'm going FHS to find a way to win a very, very close game. 

Should be a great Friday night around the 7A with 3 good games. 

Yes I am being a homer with my 3 7A West picks, it will prob end up being 2-2.  Most Central guys think they will go 3-1.  That's what makes this board fun. 

PA Dad

I agree that NLR and Bentonville win easily.  But I think Conway and Bryant will win their games.

Razorback Red

Quote from: PA Dad on November 12, 2018, 09:31:09 pm
I agree that NLR and Bentonville win easily.  But I think Conway and Bryant will win their games.

Those are prob the safe picks.  I really think it will be 2-2, but we'll see.  That FHS offense if tough.  It would not shock me to see NLR vs FHS in the final. 

PA Dad

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 12, 2018, 09:33:26 pm
Those are prob the safe picks.  I really think it will be 2-2, but we'll see.  That FHS offense if tough.  It would not shock me to see NLR vs FHS in the final.

You may be right.  I'm fairly confident in picking Bryant.  I'm much less confident picking Conway.

TigerHawg

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 12, 2018, 08:40:50 pm
I'm listing the 4 games in the order of least entertaining to most entertaining:

4.  Southside at NLR- nice win last week by SS, but this one won't be pretty.  NLR by a lot.

3.  NS at Bentonville- NS started the season hot and finished slow, BHS did the opposite.  This one could be close for awhile, but I think BHS will pull away in the 2nd half.  Bville by 17. 

2.  Conway at West- The Wampus Cats eliminated the Wolverines last year from the playoffs and will prob be a slight favorite on the road in this one.  I think the key is WJ.  If he has a big night, I like West here.  I'm going West in a very close game.

1.  Game of the week: Fayetteville at Bryant.  These two teams never disappoint.  They played earlier in the year and FHS won by 1.  I'll be shocked if this game is decided by more than a TD either way.  I would think Bryant will be a slight fave at home.  I'm going FHS to find a way to win a very, very close game. 

Yes I am being a homer with my 3 7A West picks, it will prob end up being 2-2.  Most Central guys think they will go 3-1.  That's what makes this board fun.

I guess I am a homer as well. I see this playing out the same. I think West is coming off an embarassing loss and want more then anything to get another bite at the Tigers. I dont see them getting past NLR so I do see a rematch in the sate game.  But I think they can make it interesting.

Walter

Don't sell NS too short. Fay and Bryant according to a local sports caster have played 3 times in the last 2 years. The total point difference for those game has been 3 points. I expect to watch a very exciting game with a 7 point win by Bryant.

sportsguy80

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 12, 2018, 08:40:50 pm

I'm gonna agree with your picks but I will say West better be on their A-game. Conway is very capable of pulling out a victory. Bryant and FHS is definitely a toss up game but I honestly believe coaching adjustments (both have solid coaching staffs) will make the difference in who comes out on top.

5tooldad

My predictions:

NLR wins going away

I think Conway grinds Centerton into the ground and runs away in the 2nd half.

Bentonville over Northside by 20+. (Just a homer pick as I know little about the Grizzlies)

Fayetteville @ Bryant......tough one.   Flip a coin but if i had to pick I'd pick the Hornets for no other reasons than a) they are at home and b) I've hated the purple pups for over 30 years

LH_DAD

I'll stick with my picks from before the 1st round.

I agree with your assessment and in the 2nd Round I'll go with:
Conway at West     Until they prove that they can win in November
FHS at Bryant        Hard to beat them a 2nd time in Bryant
Northside at Bville  Should be a win for the Tigers
Southside at NLR    Because it's NLR

Earl is my Hero!!

I'm old school.

The Rebels win it all...

The Future

Call me crazy but I'm going with Bentonville West over Conway by less than 3.

Fayetteville by 7 over Bryant. There's just something about how Bennie and Fay can turn it up in the playoffs no matter what happened weeks 1-10.

Bentonville by 21 over Northside. Grizzlies had a hot start to the season with a good win against Greenwood and closed the season with a win against Southside and a playoff win. But won't get past the Tigers.

NLR over Southside by 28. Can NLR get back to the Rock?

LH_DAD

Bentonville is playing very uninspired.  Does not look good even with a KO return for a TD.

sportsguy80

Quote from: LH_DAD on November 16, 2018, 07:43:56 pm
Bentonville is playing very uninspired.  Does not look good even with a KO return for a TD.
Talking about a shocker score...

Razorback Red

I'm out of town and not getting to see the game, but it sounds like NS is dominating the line.  Great game plan by NS staff so far.

BHS offensive woes finally catching up.

LH_DAD

We are totally getting dominated on both sides of the line.

Razorback Red

Congrats NS on a well-executed game plan and road win!

Razorback Red

Looks like West is about to beat Conway, up 14 late.

LH_DAD

Congrats to NS!  They played better and deserved the win.

trevster10

Well that was a crazy ending to the Bryant/Fayetteville game....

Razorback Red

November 16, 2018, 09:49:13 pm #19 Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 09:51:16 pm by Razorback Red
A 3-1 night for the Central, congrats!  Another classic between Bryant and FHS.  NS with the shocker of the night.  West the only West team still standing.  Looking like a NLR and Bryant final, just as many on here predicted. 

5tooldad

Congrats to Northside.    Dominated the game tonight.  Outplayed and OUTCOACHED Bentonville all night long.    Bentonville coaching was thoroughly outclassed.  A well coached BHS team would have had a tough game but the coaching tonight was jr high level at best.   Again....props to Northside and their QB.   Great game!   Go beat Bryant!

The officiating was horrid but both ways.  Didn't cost either team more but was just atrocious. 

WestTiger

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 16, 2018, 09:49:13 pm
A 3-1 night for the Central, congrats!  Another classic between Bryant and FHS.  NS with the shocker of the night.  West the only West team still standing.  Looking like a NLR and Bryant final, just as many on here predicted.

Don't rule out West and Northside.  Northside looked really good tonight and the BWHS defense if really looking good. 

4real

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 16, 2018, 09:49:13 pm
There is a long term problem for the Northwest...which is what their conference should be renamed to...
The River Valley Conference, which should be what the Central should be renamed to, has steadily increased the quality of their coaching staffs over the last few years. NLR made a huge jump with their new guy, as did Bryant. Conway will continue to grow under Fimple. Falluer is solid, although he will be riding off into the sunset in the next few years. SS probably has the least consistent staff of the bunch.
Couple this with the future of NWA. Splits will continue over time due to growth. Which will result in cycles that are up when the enrollment is the biggest in the state, and down when they have the same numbers as everyone else.

Baitshop

Quote from: WestTiger on November 16, 2018, 10:29:37 pm
Don't rule out West and Northside.  Northside looked really good tonight and the BWHS defense if really looking good. 

West will NOT beat NLR @ NLR....get used to that and stop getting your hopes up.

grizz

Quote from: Baitshop on November 17, 2018, 12:46:51 am
West will NOT beat NLR @ NLR....get used to that and stop getting your hopes up.

That is likely to be a mercy rule.  SHS woke up the beast tonight.

PA Dad

Quote from: grizz on November 17, 2018, 12:54:33 am
That is likely to be a mercy rule.  SHS woke up the beast tonight.

I think you may be right.  NLR was much too complacent tonight.  I think Mitchell will light a fire under them and they will be sky high next week.  I look for NLR to win big.

Baitshop

Offensively, Southside played his best game of the year. But North Little Rock just beat you to death with that big offense of line and that line backer that they have playing running back. If they don't turn the ball over and give you a Headstart you're not going to beat them. Just ask Bryant

Baitshop

My apologies for the incoherence of my post. My redneck twang and voice to text don't always mesh well

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas