• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Conway Christian vs. Bigelow

Started by mrk1027, October 30, 2012, 06:48:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mrk1027

Conway Christian hosts the Bigelow Panthers this Thursday for their conference finale.  The Eagles improved defensive unit looks to rebound and step up their game against Bigelow this week, and the offense looks to fix internal mistakes.  If the Eagles do what they are supposed to do and execute, they will take down Bigelow on Mission Field.

What do others think of this game?

True Fan

I'm leaning toward Conway Christian. But, you can never count the Panthers out. If Bigelow can withstand the initial rush and not get a couple of scores down, you'll have a pretty good ball game. Bigelow's ground game can move the ball down the field and eat up clock as well as anybody I've seen this year. Look for them to try to control the ball and keep the high powered Eagle offense off of the field. I think the Eagles big play ability may get them a win in this one. Not a blowout. But, ten or fourteen points.

mrk1027

I have to agree with you TF, everything I've seen from Bigelow coincides with your account, and I know from personal experience playing against them. It'll be a slug fest up front for sure, but like you said, the Eagle's big play ability and passing attack will be the difference maker. 

RationalHog

The Bigelow Panthers have a good football team.  Eagles mental approach to his game will be HUGE.  CC has the team to get it done, but they better have their head on right and come to compete...if they don't...another panther may ruffle their feathers for the second week in a row.

Eagles!  How much gas you got left in the tank?

"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour,
the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear,
is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause
and lies exhausted on the field of battle, victorious."
-Vince Lombardi

Respect all...Fear none...Keep the Code

Bluffer

October 31, 2012, 02:13:11 pm #4 Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 02:17:20 pm by Bluffer
Quote from: mrk1027 on October 30, 2012, 06:48:22 pm
Conway Christian hosts the Bigelow Panthers this Thursday for their conference finale.  The Eagles improved defensive unit looks to rebound and step up their game against Bigelow this week, and the offense looks to fix internal mistakes. If the Eagles do what they are supposed to do and execute, they will take down Bigelow on Mission Field.
What do others think of this game?

WRONG!

Let me fix that for you. If the Eagles do what they are supposed to do and execute they will stay close to the Panthers. ;D

slappy

I hope Bigelow gets 390 yards on the ground in this game that would limit the #of pass play CC gets!!

30 TO 26 BIGELOW!!

Stop the bubble, intercept the skinny post and fill that in route with trouble! But most important never let him past you!!! OH and "Be The Best" Go Panthers

playmaker04

panther 43

CC 48 Bigelow 14
If Bigelow don't put any presher on the QB it may be worse than that.

Bluffer

Quote from: panther 43 on November 01, 2012, 10:33:24 am
CC 48 Bigelow 14
If Bigelow don't put any presher on the QB it may be worse than that.
So I guess with that statement you are saying that CC is really a lot better than MC and MC just got lucky. :o

panther 43

Im saying Bigelows pass D really stinks and CC will light them up.
Also CC ends will shut down that jet sweep.

Bluffer

I did not think you would concede they were better. Or the D was better than MC.
WOW I guess the Panthers will have there hands full tonight. You must feel real lucky to get out of there with a win having faced a better team.

panther 43

The best team won the last 2 weeks,  ;D
You just go take you beating this week and see if what I say isn't true

HorseFeathers

has ccs improved their seating any ?

True Fan

Nope. Standing room only after the first fifty or so.

True Fan

How about them Panthers? ;D

Sounds like a heck of a game. Somebody give us some details please.

Bluffer

It was a great game. CC made a great effort in the second half to take the lead. Kind of a wierd play where one reciever tips the ball and it falls in the hands of another for a long run. Panthers answer back with scoring on 2 long runs. TD#1 had 280 yards rushing. QB had 180 rushing.

Great Game!

ng71

slappy

Quote from: panther 43 on November 01, 2012, 12:31:37 pm
Im saying Bigelows pass D really stinks and CC will light them up.
Also CC ends will shut down that jet sweep.

Yea who needs the jet sweep when you can get over 400 up the middle!!!!!!!!! I thought 370 would be good but 480 sure looks a lot better on the ground!!! lol

ng71

houndfan4610

Salem's got a hungry pack of Hounds that like it when you run up the middle!! Good luck on your game next week...we might make a road trip to watch some play-off ball next friday--don't be surprised if ya see some Black & Gold in the stands

slappy

Quote from: panther 43 on November 01, 2012, 03:32:42 pm

Nope not true!!! Bigelow had an off night against MC!! MC is very good don't get me wrong but Bigelow did not give there best that night!!

True Fan

The top 3 teams in the 2A-5 are pretty dang good. ;D

Good luck to all in the playoffs.

Donnie Jamon

Salem is waiting n it want be good

Bluffer

November 01, 2012, 11:18:11 pm #23 Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 02:34:49 pm by Bluffer
Got my home town eagles coming first. Will worry about hounds later if they can get bye the bye! ;D

slappy

I like our draw!! We need to pass next week!!lol

Greyhound#1

I like your draw too!!!!!!  Go hounds

slappy

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 02, 2012, 12:08:19 am
I like your draw too!!!!!!  Go hounds

LOL, you just need to come watch us next week! I sure you will still feel great when you leave the game, Panthers are never given respect they just earn it!!  ;)

Bluffer

Where you at the Panthers vs Panthers JR high game this year standing by the Scoreboard? 8)

Bystander52

outstanding job last night Panthers! The big Boys did their job up front those senior lineman (#62, #51, #50) did their jobs. big game for #1 and #15! crazy amount of yards! The panthers are finally getting where they need to be and ready to make a run in the playoffs. BE THE BEST!

panther 43

Quote from: Bluffer on November 02, 2012, 07:27:57 am
Where you at the Panthers vs Panthers JR high game this year standing by the Scoreboard? 8)

Nope

Looks like I was wrong about CC lighting up Bigelow
good job Bigelow,  good luck in the playoff
See you next year when the Cove comes to town  ;D

Bluffer

Quote from: panther 43 on November 02, 2012, 01:51:54 pm
Quote from: Bluffer on November 02, 2012, 07:27:57 am

Nope

Looks like I was wrong about CC lighting up Bigelow
good job Bigelow,  good luck in the playoff
See you next year when the Cove comes to town  ;D
Thanks 43. I am still looking for the culprit for the night the lights went out in Pantherville.
If CC takes care of business looks like you will get to see them again at your place this time. At least you will have a place to sit. How many seats does that college stadium have?

True Fan

Enough to meet AAA minimum requirements. Where are y'all going to get your temporary seating? ;D

Bluffer

November 02, 2012, 02:37:17 pm #32 Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 02:41:17 pm by Bluffer
We were coming to your place to borrow some, 8) but i heard someone BLEW UP the BRIDGE!!!! ;D

True Fan

Nobody blew up nothing. haven't you figured it out yet? When we want something newer and nicer and the administration won't let us upgrade, we just have the old stuff CONDEMNED. Ta-Da! Gotta have it. ;D

Bluffer

November 02, 2012, 02:54:15 pm #34 Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 03:20:40 pm by Bluffer
Yea we are figuring that out to. Had 3 buildings condemned and now building a new AGRI/PE/Home EC building ourselves. We have stadium plans. But right now they are just dreams. Its kind of hard to come up with the money for sports facilities living in poor county that does not get subsidized like the other side of the county does.
But I would not live anywhere else! ;D

slappy

Quote from: Bluffer on November 02, 2012, 02:54:15 pm
Yea we are figuring that out to. Had 3 buildings condemned and now building a new AGRI/PE/Home EC building ourselves. We have stadium plans. But right now they are just dreams. Its kind of hard to come up with the money for sports facilities living in poor county that does not get subsidized like the other side of the county does.
But I would not live anywhere else! ;D

How much do ya need, I guess its time to cut a check!! ;D

slappy

Quote from: mrk1027 on October 30, 2012, 08:52:15 pm
I have to agree with you TF, everything I've seen from Bigelow coincides with your account, and I know from personal experience playing against them. It'll be a slug fest up front for sure, but like you said, the Eagle's big play ability and passing attack will be the difference maker.

You have to post when you lose also!! It was a good game, but Panthers big play ability and rushing were the difference maker!!

mrk1027

Oh where is that in the rules?

Kidding, I've been gone all day. It was a good game. CCS managed to put up monster numbers offensively as well, so neither defense was truly dominant. I definitely congratulate Bigelow on the win and wish all 5-2A schools luck in the playoffs. I'm not sure if anyone will agree, but I still see the top 3 teams out of our conference to be close in comparison and all pretty good. Any of these 3 teams could have won the title. Let's all represent the division well!

mrk1027

November 03, 2012, 12:31:38 am #38 Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 12:37:43 am by mrk1027
And also, new bleachers are coming to CCS, you just happened to miss out on using them first.  ;D

Smacky

hey mark just thinking about last yr you making a fuss about our coach i think your words were he was throwing a fit and he should be looked at because as you said not all calls will go your way just wondering what you thought of your coaches meltdown on int grounding call last night or is it diff when its your own

Bluffer

Quote from: mrk1027 on November 03, 2012, 12:30:35 am
Oh where is that in the rules?

Kidding, I've been gone all day. It was a good game. CCS managed to put up monster numbers offensively as well, so neither defense was truly dominant. I definitely congratulate Bigelow on the win and wish all 5-2A schools luck in the playoffs. I'm not sure if anyone will agree, but I still see the top 3 teams out of our conference to be close in comparison and all pretty good. Any of these 3 teams could have won the title. Let's all represent the division well!

Well Said!

Good Luck against the Jags!

True Fan

Maybe, any of them COULD have won. ;D

good times

Quote from: mrk1027 on November 03, 2012, 12:31:38 am
And also, new bleachers are coming to CCS, you just happened to miss out on using them first.  ;D
how soon will the new bleachers be there...if they are not thereby friday how many do the old bleachers seat

True Fan

Quote from: good times on November 03, 2012, 09:56:29 am

how soon will the new bleachers be there...if they are not thereby friday how many do the old bleachers seat

Quote from: True Fan on November 01, 2012, 04:59:36 pm
Nope. Standing room only after the first fifty or so.

mrk1027

Well knowing me and my hot head (young guy here) I posted stupid things without thinking. I don't fully remember said incident last year but of course it goes both ways. I think both sides could think their coach was right or wrong, and that the other is wrong, but no sense in beating dead horses. Ill keep any further opinions in the hot head and allow us all to focus on playoffs. Once again, good luck everyone!

New bleachers should be in this week. Pair that with the new concession stand (open) and new restrooms (coming soon) and the Eagles are moving on up.

BigSpider8

Bigelow actually had 508 yards. #1 with 280 and #15 with 180. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas