• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A East BOYS - Who's hot, who's not?

Started by Grond, November 13, 2014, 12:02:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Grond

So, how is your BOYS team looking?

Is the 5A East wide open, or what?

Grond

Well.....it seems a lot of programs lost their top players last year.  I think the 5A East Boys will be wide open.

BLYTHEVILLE - They had talent last year, but now they have most of the talent back, with experience.  Will the new coach get them in a better tactical place?

BATESVILLE -Another new coach, which will hopefully know how to use some of their big guys. I think they have talent; hopefully they won't run a press the whole game, and thus won't get burned.

I think Blythevile and Batesville will make the playoffs.

GCT - Lost some good players, but have some good players coming back.  Whether you like them or not, their coaching staff seems to get the most out of whatever talent they have. Hard to believe they won't be around in the playoffs.

PARAGOULD - Lost their main guy to an NAIA college. Few returning starters.  "Only time will tell".

NETTLETON - Some good players, but do they have enough talent for a playoff team?

WYNNE and FORREST CITY - Seems like they lost a lot of talent, too.  I really have no idea.

VALLEY VIEW - Welcome to the show.

godeep

If you have  Batesville in top 4 it is obvious you have no idea.

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: godeep on November 15, 2014, 10:18:12 am
Batesville has a lot of talent. They have a chance to be really good.

Grond

Last year, Batesville's JV team had a lot of height, compared to other JV teams.  But the play scheme run by Batesville was not taking advantage of it.

Not saying Batesville will win the conference, but they have a chance to make the playoffs.

Also heard Wynne's star player is back (I thought he graduated - my bad). How good will they be?

NEAbball12

This conference seem to be pretty wide open so far.  Wynne's star has finally played the way everyone knew he could.  But Wynne may not have the depth to make a run.  Valley View will be big but in a new conference should be interesting.  FC always will show as well as Nettleton GCT and Paragould.  Blytheville has a new coach but there is some talent there.  Ready to see who comes out of this conference.

Burks

Forrest City will be small but athletic. Glasper will be best player in conference. I look for Mustangs to win conference.

woods

After watching Forrest City for the 1st time I believe they will  roll in conference again. Thought after losing 7 of top 8 players off state title team they would struggle. Beat team that beat Jonesboro by 14 with ease. They will not intimidate people with size like they have in the past. Scary part is just juniors and sophs with 2 seniors who really don't contribute much.

MDXPHD

Quote from: WhatsUrRingSize on November 15, 2014, 11:34:45 am

At basketball?

razorhogs72501

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 30, 2014, 03:14:26 pm
Quote from: WhatsUrRingSize on November 15, 2014, 11:34:45 am

At basketball?

I needed a good laugh

MDXPHD

Quote from: woods on November 29, 2014, 09:42:37 am
After watching Forrest City for the 1st time I believe they will  roll in conference again. Thought after losing 7 of top 8 players off state title team they would struggle. Beat team that beat Jonesboro by 14 with ease. They will not intimidate people with size like they have in the past. Scary part is just juniors and sophs with 2 seniors who really don't contribute much.

Doing what they did against NLR is impressive.

godeep

MDXPHD I don't care if you playing a 5th grade team 91 points is a heck of a lot of points in 32 minutes. Averaging 75 points a game. If you can't score you will have problems.

MDXPHD

Quote from: godeep on December 04, 2014, 07:22:21 am
  MDXPHD I don't care if you playing a 5th grade team 91 points is a heck of a lot of points in 32 minutes. Averaging 75 points a game. If you can't score you will have problems.

It is a lot of points, but doing it against NLR is more impressive than doing it against some others.  FC might sweep the east.

Grond

Yup, putting Forrest City on the "Hot" column.

Anybody heard anything on Wynne or Valley View?

football3223

Batesville did have really good size but they lost 3 of them, 2 seniors who had football offers(6'4" and 6'3") and a junior(6'6") who played a lot of AAU over the summers and was burned out, he played TE for us as well.

Grond

Quote from: football3223 on December 09, 2014, 06:00:48 pm
Batesville did have really good size but they lost 3 of them, 2 seniors who had football offers(6'4" and 6'3") and a junior(6'6") who played a lot of AAU over the summers and was burned out, he played TE for us as well.

That explains a lot. Saw Batesville at Newport tourney; not like last year's JV team.

NEASPORTSFAN

MikeDieselâ„¢

MDXPHD

Quote from: MikeDieselâ„¢ on December 15, 2014, 08:16:30 am
Quote from: phstiger on December 13, 2014, 08:45:59 pm
Batesville beat blytheville. Shocker!

What?  Are you talking jr. high?

I'm not sure what he's talking about. The junior pioneers lost to them.  The junior girls team beat them, maybe that's what he's talking about.

Chief-Chickasaw

Forest City is legit.
Blytheville is way better then last year. We got a new coach which made a huge difference.  The team hustles and plays hard. We lost our Point Guard which will hurt us. This is a team that will improve all year. I feel like we should make the playoffs but we will have a up and down season. Blytheville hung with a awesome Sikeston MO team. We lost by 10 I think.

FD4

Wynne SR High Boys are 8/3 and play up tempo ball.  Our sports guy that calls the games live said they are pretty frosty.  I saw some of the guys at the donut shop prior to a game the other night.  Got some height this year.

godeep

Wynne schedule hasn't been that frosty. Only games of competition has been to Jonesboro on road and they got drilled by 25. Harber who is a very good 7A team they get beat at home by 20 plus. Still have some work to do. Finishing in top 4 is to be expected.

Chief-Chickasaw

Blytheville handled a pretty good Osceola team pretty easily 77-71 last night and it wasn't as close as the final score. New coach has the boys playing well. I'm ready for the conference to start.

Grond

As of mid January.............it's pretty obvious that I don't know a dang thing about basketball.

Thought Blytheville and Batesville would be better, but they are struggling. As is Nettleton.

Valley View looks tough on their home court - how well will they travel? Have certainly proved they deserve to be a 5A school.

Paragould is like a light switch: either really on, or really off.

GCT makes the most of what they have; but not sure of what they have. (They had enough to beat Paragould.....)

Forrest City continues to maintain a winning program.  That is, a 'conference winning' program.

Looks like Wynne decided to get a proper attitude, which is a winning attitude.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas