• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Morrilton Boys Opening

Started by FreeMoney, May 12, 2014, 10:02:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FreeMoney

Any word on this position? Have interviews started? The only name I've heard is Billy Joe Murray! Lots of locals would love to see him come home and take the Devil Dogs to the same heights he enjoyed as a player. That guy could flat out play. Tipton could help himself with the locals but probably won't.

Temprees

Quote from: FreeMoney on May 12, 2014, 10:02:19 pm
Any word on this position? Have interviews started? The only name I've heard is Billy Joe Murray! Lots of locals would love to see him come home and take the Devil Dogs to the same heights he enjoyed as a player. That guy could flat out play. Tipton could help himself with the locals but probably won't.
Heard that a coach has been hired.  Not a local guy though.

FreeMoney

If that's the case expect the locals to be very unhappy. Tipton got lucky with his football hire . If its the name I heard you can expect a lot of unhappy folks and KIDS.

Moonshiner

What's the name you heard?  Enquiring minds want to know.

wildboy44

Quote from: Temprees on May 19, 2014, 05:51:20 pm
You guys will regret this big time. Hope you dont have a point gaurd already in place...he will be on the bench.

wildboy44

Quote from: Moonshiner on May 20, 2014, 08:19:08 am
What's the name you heard?  Enquiring minds want to know.
K. Z.

wildboy44

The folks of south Arkansas are happy!!!!

oldscribe

What are we saying here? K.Z. South Arkansas.. You're joking, right?

wildboy44

Quote from: oldscribe on May 20, 2014, 06:15:10 pm
No!!! I am not joking.  CFHS is looking for a coach.

oldscribe

Get outta heah!!! That's really hard to believe!!!

FreeMoney

gojackets14

I'm assuming Coach Zachary at Camden Fairview. His son is in High School. He may have two in high school now.

HorseFeathers

ssgwilk77

If this is true I really don't know what they based the hire off on. when you run a man offense against a zone defense go to show you don't  know much about basketball. But if its true we are very happy down in Camden AR.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: wildboy44 on May 20, 2014, 06:20:19 pm
Quote from: oldscribe on May 20, 2014, 06:15:10 pm
No!!! I am not joking.  CFHS is looking for a coach.

Where did you see that CFHS was looking for a new coach?

ab24

spongebob

Quote from: wildboy44 on May 20, 2014, 02:59:01 pm
You guys will regret this big time. Hope you dont have a point gaurd already in place...he will be on the bench.

You got that right! Coach's son will start at point guard even if Chris Paul showed up!
And the thing is, and you will see, he needs to be coming off the bench. WAY off the bench! Like 10 or 11th sub in the game at CF

fisherball

I'm not sure what, if any, games you watched CF play but Zack's son is a player.  He will make the guys around him better.  He has a ton of basketball knowledge and is a gamer

wildboy44

Quote from: fisherball on May 29, 2014, 01:18:41 pm
I'm not sure what, if any, games you watched CF play but Zack's son is a player.  He will make the guys around him better.  He has a ton of basketball knowledge and is a gamer
He does know the game..great basketball IQ. Downside is, he can't gaurd his position. Your pg can not be 1st or 2nd in shot attemps. Camden Fairview would have been a better team this year with him as the 6th man....BK was and is a lockdown defender. SZ was better on offense and BK was better at defense. I'm not saying the kid can't play....He can!!! I think the coach screwed up the rotation. BK was getting about 7 minutes a game. You cant make me believe that BK was that bad. This is really not about SZ...Its about the coach that made the choice to put BK on the shelf when he clearly could have made the team better. We had 2 guys that played great defense...BK was one and the other is a great reciever for us. I AM NOT BASHING SZ....He is a good player. The coach????

fisherball

I agree that lil' Zack is a good player.  Too bad BK quit the team and screwed up the rotation.  Basketball is a team game and I do not believe in quitting.  BK could have made a difference in the end.  The yeast makes the bread rise but not if it's not available

wildboy44

Quote from: fisherball on May 29, 2014, 04:35:35 pm
I agree that lil' Zack is a good player.  Too bad BK quit the team and screwed up the rotation.  Basketball is a team game and I do not believe in quitting.  BK could have made a difference in the end.  The yeast makes the bread rise but not if it's not available
Agreed...wish he had not quit. There were things that went on that gave SZ a unfair advantage. BK decided to focus on football.  Really not about the 2 players...coach didnt do a good job managing the team. That was the real issue.

spongebob

We understand why YOU like your son, Coach !

Rzback77

It is not true that he made the players around him better.  As the point guard, he had the ball most of the times, but had very few assists per game.  The players didn't think that he was the best point guard either, and told the coach so on more than one occasion. I. Several players were not going to play next year, so I am not surprised that Coach took a lateral move to Morrilton.

There is not one player who thought that he was the best point guard.  SZ was GIVEN the position from the first practice.  The job was never won on the court.  The players knew that, And Coach knew that the players knew it. 

The Coach took a team that should have easily won the Conference, and made some noise in the State Tournament,  to a 3rd place Conference finish and a one and done finish in the State Tourney.  Team scoring was down.  CF was terrible against zone defenses.  It took forever to get a shot.  The Coach didn't have a clue about player rotations, etc.  It took an season ending injury to a player to get 6'7" KP on the court as a starter.  Clearly he was needed in the game to play defense against all of the guards who were getting past the starting point guard. 

As for BK quitting, there is nothing wrong with quitting when you are being treated unfairly.  A kid doesn't have to do what's best for the team, if the Coach is not doing so.

Rzback77

Quote from: fisherball on May 29, 2014, 04:35:35 pm
Quitting is fine if the coach is mistreating you.  The coach screwed up the rotation, by GIVING  the job to his son. 

NWA Hawg

Well the coach is gonna and the season is over so get over it. Who is camden looking at as replacements?

spongebob

Quote from: Rzback77 on May 31, 2014, 12:45:33 pm
It is not true that he made the players around him better.  As the point guard, he had the ball most of the times, but had very few assists per game.  The players didn't think that he was the best point guard either, and told the coach so on more than one occasion. I. Several players were not going to play next year, so I am not surprised that Coach took a lateral move to Morrilton.

There is not one player who thought that he was the best point guard.  SZ was GIVEN the position from the first practice.  The job was never won on the court.  The players knew that, And Coach knew that the players knew it. 

The Coach took a team that should have easily won the Conference, and made some noise in the State Tournament,  to a 3rd place Conference finish and a one and done finish in the State Tourney.  Team scoring was down.  CF was terrible against zone defenses.  It took forever to get a shot.  The Coach didn't have a clue about player rotations, etc.  It took an season ending injury to a player to get 6'7" KP on the court as a starter.  Clearly he was needed in the game to play defense against all of the guards who were getting past the starting point guard. 

As for BK quitting, there is nothing wrong with quitting when you are being treated unfairly.  A kid doesn't have to do what's best for the team, if the Coach is not doing so.

+100!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas