• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jacksonville/Harrison Semi game

Started by Go Postal, March 10, 2014, 10:24:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Postal

March 10, 2014, 10:24:16 pm Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 10:26:50 pm by Go Postal
Jacksonville handily gave Morrilton all they want.
Harrison beat the Red Devils in a close game in preseason.

A good matchup in the semis.

Comments, insights are welcomed.

centralarfan

I remember the defeat Harrison gave Jville earlier this season. But I also remember it being said that Joyner was trying to find the right rotations. I have seen Jville play 2 times this season. He has the Red Devils ready and waiting for all challengers. Jville will win by 10+.

woods

Toughness of Jacksonville is the difference. Harrison will fight till the end with some great fans.

Go Postal

A little mellow music to all the Seniors that play for Jacksonville/Harrison since last meeting in preseason...

Good Luck to both teams in the semis!  May the best team win.

Go Postal

March 10, 2014, 10:58:22 pm #4 Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 11:01:49 pm by Go Postal
Jacksonville is good.  Last year's State Champions.  Beat #2 West seed in the 2nd round this year.  Fantastic team.  Wish them the best in the next game.

But...

Red Devils, remember,

The Goblins Will Get Ya If Ya Don't Watch Out!

Titan Spirit

MrMeToo19

centralarfan

JVille was never threatened by the Gobs. This was a totally different team than the Gobs played on that neutral court earlier this season. Joyner does wonders with his team. They always play with composure. Nothing rattles them.

hogwild29

AB™

Quote from: centralarfan on March 11, 2014, 06:25:32 pm
JVille was never threatened by the Gobs. This was a totally different team than the Gobs played on that neutral court earlier this season. Joyner does wonders with his team. They always play with composure. Nothing rattles them.
I wouldn't say never threatened.  I think Harrison at least gave them a mild scare when they came back and took a 12-10 lead after falling behind 10-2, and again later in the game when they were down either 31-16 or 31-18 and came back and cut the lead to 4.  With that said, I do agree that it was pretty clear Jacksonville was in control most of the game and pretty clearly the better team today.  Jacksonville is just so balanced.  Their entire starting 5 can hurt you and they just overwhelmed Harrison with their athleticism.  Still think Forrest City is the better team but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Jacksonville beat them.

centralarfan

I will eat my words. I think this may just be the year FC wins it all. Jville will definitely give them everything thing they have. But FC frontcourt is too much to overcome for most 5A teams. I still have faith in Joyner being one of the best if not the best in 5A. What difference a whole season makes. I am impressed with what he has done with this squad. I will have to make the trip to HS to enjoy this one for myself.

Titan Spirit

props to Harrison they never quit and are they are very well coached...Jvill kept them at arms length for the most part but didn't totally close it out till the 4th.... will be a very interesting championship game

Go Postal

March 11, 2014, 09:40:03 pm #12 Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 09:44:34 pm by Go Postal
Congrats to Jacksonville.  I couldn't get off work to watch the game on GOBTV, but listened to it on the local radio.  Red Devils got off to a early lead and keep it for most of the game.  Sounded like that you were very consistent on your game play and I wish you the best of luck in the Final. 

The Goblins didn't seem to be clicking on all cylinders tonight.  Couldn't get a shot to fall and too many turnovers, but as AB said, did come back a few times.  They have played better as a team in other games.  But this is playoffs and there should be no room for mistakes as tonight.  I still love this Goblin team.

Out of the 32 teams that make up the 5A conference, this is what it comes down to...
State Champions and State Runner-up (1st/2nd top teams):

C1 Jacksonville (not sure of seasonal stats) won the finals last year and have a chance to prove it once again. 

E1 FC (not sure of seasonal stats) have reached the finals this year and have a chance to prove it this year.

(3rd/4th top teams):

C2 PA (not sure of seasonal stats) had a great season, made it to the semis this year. A very good 5A ball club.

W3 Harrison (20-9) has proven once again in the last two years that it is still one of the top 4 teams in the 5A.

Good Luck to Jacksonville and FC in the finals.  Though I will be interested in what happens in the 5A Basketball Finals and check on the scores, Spring sports have also started and I will be on that "Sport That Shalt Not Be Mentioned In Alma" thread.
Just remember in the Spring sports that:
In Track, Vilonia is the team to beat.
In Baseball, LRCA/PA/Vilonia/Harrison are the teams to beat.
In that sport "That Shalt Not Mentioned In Alma",  forget about it unless you are 6A Searcy boys/girls team, 5A Harrison or a 5A private school boys/girls team.  LOL. ;)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas