• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Saturday 5A Scores

Started by Brian G, March 07, 2014, 11:51:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

centralarfan

Quote from: godeep on March 08, 2014, 10:31:00 pm
It ain't over yet for the west. Morrilton or Harrison could beat Jville if they playing their game. Morrilton is Jviille  with better players. Harrison can't shoot lights out.
Morrilton will not be Jville. It is a reason why Jville won 5A Central this season. If everyone is in awe about PA, keep in mind Jville beat McClellan twice and split with PA.

PORKEROINKER

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 08, 2014, 09:05:21 pm
Clarksville just never found the same gear this year that they had last year.

Your exactly right, losing Dedrick made it a lot tougher for Freddy and Kendrick this year. It was almost like when they had a bad game they could fall back on him most of the time last year and vice versa, well he wasn't there this year for them to fall back on and that really showed in the tougher ball games this year.

Forrest City H

Quote from: Almatrackster on March 08, 2014, 06:25:43 pm
Girls

Vilonia - 45
Little Rock Christian - 39

FINAL

Vilonia girls hold off LRC and are first to make it to the semi-finals.

When LRC pulled to within 34-33 with a couple minutes left in the game, it looked a little bleak for the Lady Eagles.  Hats off to LRC girls for getting tough and almost coming all the way back, and congrats to Vilonia girls for pulling away in the last minute and making the Final Four! 

hackerhog

Quote from: Forrest City H on March 08, 2014, 11:25:56 pm
Quote from: Almatrackster on March 08, 2014, 06:25:43 pm
Girls

Vilonia - 45
Little Rock Christian - 39

FINAL

Vilonia girls hold off LRC and are first to make it to the semi-finals.

When LRC pulled to within 34-33 with a couple minutes left in the game, it looked a little bleak for the Lady Eagles.  Hats off to LRC girls for getting tough and almost coming all the way back, and congrats to Vilonia girls for pulling away in the last minute and making the Final Four!

YES!

Weaker teams would've folded right there.

What did Vilonia do? They ran a patient offense on the next possession running clock to get the best possible shot. It seemed like a minute and a half. And they got a drive to the bucket and the foul and calmly hit 2 FTs. I really like #32 Morris and the two blonde-headed guards. And Coach Riley is one of the best in the business.

ZoneBuster

I will say this Harrison has already beat Jacksonville on a neutral floor. Yes, that was early in the year I know, but still.

centralarfan

Quote from: ZoneBuster on March 09, 2014, 09:51:38 am
I will say this Harrison has already beat Jacksonville on a neutral floor. Yes, that was early in the year I know, but still.
Right you are. But if I recall correctly, Joyner was still experimenting with his team and rotations. That problem is solved now. The only team in state that has been dominate from the start of season until now is LR Parkview. This is the playoffs, I don't fault any team at this stage for any losses before the start of conference. It will be interesting to see if Harrison makes it past Hot Springs. The 5A South is 1-3 thus far. It never fails that 5A East and South are always the weakest conferences.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas