• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas basketball 2018-2019

Started by beach bum, November 07, 2018, 11:18:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bdubyab60

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on February 05, 2019, 08:57:57 pm
We made 4 of 5 shots to end the half. Joe had 5 3's!
Vandy 35
Arkansas 34
Half
The Hogs need to step it up in the second half.This should be the hog show tonight.

bdubyab60

I figure we will take care of business in second half. Vandy has been barely hanging on most of the year. Played some folks tough here and there but they are what they are. Bad

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 05, 2019, 09:03:50 pm
I figure we will take care of business in second half. Vandy has been barely hanging on most of the year. Played some folks tough here and there but they are what they are. Bad
So far so good!

Lumberjackfan1978

Lumberjackfan1978

Come on hogs don't let it slip away

bdubyab60

beach bum

As unlucky as we were earlier in the year as far as losing a couple games I thought we should and could have won...... I think we are getting equally as lucky to win these last two cause we could and possibly should have lost these last two. You'll take all the luck you can get in these close ones.

bdubyab60

I wouldn't have doubled Gafford. At worst you are tied If Gafford makes the bucket. Yiu cant give up an open 3. 2 critical errors we have benefited from in the last two games.

I'll take them though.

And nope I'm still on the wagon of change. All this does is get us closer to the bubble which is where we usually are.

Still some tough games down the road. Only thing I'm really surprised by so far is the win over LSU on the road.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 05, 2019, 10:07:42 pm
Dodged a bullet there
We for sure dodged a bullet alright,But I'll take it

bulldoghistorian

It was ugly, but we'll take it!😌😌😌😌

bdubyab60

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on February 05, 2019, 10:29:04 pm
We for sure dodged a bullet alright,But I'll take it
Winning is better losing

beach bum

With Gafford out most of this half with him in foul trouble it kind of gives you a look into the future of how we will have to play next year to have success in the future without Gafford after this season. I have not seen us play this fast on offense in a long time. Of course, South Carolina can't buy a bucket so its allowing us to play this way. I could see if where Carolina was making some buckets we could struggle mightily in the half court. But it is interesting to see the success we are having playing at this crazy, fast tempo.

beach bum

I feel like I am watching a middle school game cause we are literally picking their pocket getting steals.... Their offense is so suspect we need to not let off the gas. This is the type of game with South Carolina's woeful offense if we can get a 15 point lead its over. South Carolina ain't LSU lol. Don't let up guys!!

bdubyab60

They are bad with the ball. But I consider each time Gabe or Bailey shot the ball from further than two feet a turnover

bdubyab60

And yeah this shows us what we will look like without Gafford. I'm not impressed. SC has several stupid turnovers and we still aren't able to pull away. UK did the same and crushed this team

bdubyab60

15 turnovers in half and we are up 4, 4. Nice to have the lead without Gafford in the game. But our offense is better when he's in there. We just get better shots for the shooters

bdubyab60

beach bum

bdubyab60

Yeah it will. But this choke job may be too. Wide open shots are killing us. 70% from 3 for SC and they aren't turning it over like they were

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

beach bum

That's what happens when you can't get a stop in the 2nd half to save your life.... South Carolina gets to play half court defense that way and we can't buy a bucket.

Romeo

Gafford is getting manhandled by Silva. Its frustrating watching him jostle for position.  I hope NBA scouts aren't watching this game.

bulldoghistorian

bdubyab60

Chernobyl. SC closed out on 40-15 run or something like that. Gafford played bad and again we fall in to jacking up 3s with no real offensive flow. Up 13 and had just posterized a guy. Then all our fire went out and we looked like the gassed team.

This is a game we should have won handily. Only 4 turnovers forced in the second half and should have been up 20 plus points after as many as we forced in the first half.
I

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: beach bum on February 09, 2019, 04:24:10 pm
That's what happens when you can't get a stop in the 2nd half to save your life.... South Carolina gets to play half court defense that way and we can't buy a bucket.
we definitely could not get a stop, we completely went away in the second half

DerekOxford

at Mizzou
MSU
at Auburn
A&M
at UK
OM
at Vandy
Bama

8 to go. Need to go 6-2 to feel comfortable about at-large chances. 5-3 and they'd need to make it to Sunday in Nashville. Unless one of those 5 was at Kentucky, which would give the team two Quadrant 1 road victories.

bdubyab60

I'm thinking 4-4 the rest of the way is what we do. We will win one we aren't supposed to and drop one we aren't supposed to.

BPI showed us 45% against Missouri. Basically a 50/50 against a not really good MO team.

The defense now is we are over achieving compared to where we were picked by the coaches to start the year. We are actually about where I figured us. Middle of the pack.

Still probably NIT bound unless we go 6-2. And you can't lose another head scratcher. MO is a must win imo.

bdubyab60

And tired of hearing about youth. We are 2/3 through the season and for sure battle tested now. 3 games in a row we AH e given up large leads in the second half. That's an issue

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 10, 2019, 04:27:40 pm
I'm thinking 4-4 the rest of the way is what we do. We will win one we aren't supposed to and drop one we aren't supposed to.

BPI showed us 45% against Missouri. Basically a 50/50 against a not really good MO team.

The defense now is we are over achieving compared to where we were picked by the coaches to start the year. We are actually about where I figured us. Middle of the pack.

Still probably NIT bound unless we go 6-2. And you can't lose another head scratcher. MO is a must win imo.
I think NIT is  what we will be seeing.

Lumberjackfan1978

bulldoghistorian

I think we will go either 5-3 or 4-4

Lumberjackfan1978

bdubyab60

Luckily MO can't hit anything in the lane lol. Looks like we got our hands full right now

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 12, 2019, 08:30:37 pm
Luckily MO can't hit anything in the lane lol. Looks like we got our hands full right now
Yeah our hands are full its not looking good for the hogs tonight

bulldoghistorian

bdubyab60

I'm sure we will make a run. It's missouri. Commentator said a loss wouldn't hurt our tourney chances bad though. I call BS on that

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 12, 2019, 09:20:41 pm
I'm sure we will make a run. It's missouri. Commentator said a loss wouldn't hurt our tourney chances bad though. I call BS on that
if we don't make a run I think our tourney chances are over.

Trojanbird

I agree, we play as we are coached!  This sucks, we have too much talent to watch crap like this.  And I will say that Gafford was better out of high school than he is now!  A testament to Anderson's coaching!

bdubyab60

In MAs defense the first play he called out of the timeout ended with a dunk. The one he called with the game winner in the line though that's another story.

NIT bound couldn't lose this one. Serious ground to make up now

Trojanbird

Just sad 😢, we can't even coach up a decent shot at the end with plenty of time!
Time for a change! IMO

bdubyab60

Again MA says we came out with no energy. Why does this continue to be an issue. Always coming out and digging a deep hole or a big lead.

This is more than youth. This is every year the same

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Trojanbird on February 12, 2019, 10:18:58 pm
Just sad 😢, we can't even coach up a decent shot at the end with plenty of time!
Time for a change! IMO
yep we've done about as much as we are ever gonna do under MA

bdubyab60

Decent first half. See if we can keep it up

beach bum

With Nick Weatherspoon suspended and Peters in foul trouble we should be embarrassed if we can't win this at home.

beach bum

And we have literally scored 1 point since my post above about 17 or 18 minutes ago.... Sad

bdubyab60

We have given up like 8 straight dunks

bdubyab60

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas