• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas basketball 2018-2019

Started by beach bum, November 07, 2018, 11:18:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldoghistorian

Lumberjackfan1978

Trojanbird

A win is a win!  Certainly will take it!  Doubts are still there!  To me Anderson is playing games with his team rather than cracking the whip!

bdubyab60

This does nothing to change my mind of needing change. There is enough evidence that we are what we are with MA at the helm.

Mizzou is not very well coached either in my opinion.

Yes we played well at times. Shots were falling, still only 72 points after forcing 25 turnovers. Getting turnovers is a plus. But with that many this should have been a destruction of mizzou.

I'll take the win and every one of them that we can get

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 24, 2019, 09:16:16 am
This does nothing to change my mind of needing change. There is enough evidence that we are what we are with MA at the helm.

Mizzou is not very well coached either in my opinion.

Yes we played well at times. Shots were falling, still only 72 points after forcing 25 turnovers. Getting turnovers is a plus. But with that many this should have been a destruction of mizzou.

I'll take the win and every one of them that we can get
I hope we can turn this season around, But I don't see it happening

bulldoghistorian

Harris with the 3 as the 1st half clock expires!
Up 33-30 at half

bdubyab60

I'm a firm believer that we do nit practice freethrows

bdubyab60

Well executed play there. More evidence of great coaching

bulldoghistorian

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 26, 2019, 07:08:48 pm
I'm a firm believer that we do nit practice freethrows
It sure doesn't look like we do

bdubyab60

It really looks like we just scrimmage al the time and do conditioning. Frethrows are horrible. Just imagine the narrative if we had made say around 8 more this year in select games.

Late game execution has always been an issue. Yes we have won our fair share. But can anyone point out an example of a play MA has drawn up and it been executed properly. These things should be done in practice until they are second nature on the floor.

AirWarren

Also good to see a Springdale, Arkansas kid starting for the the #14 team in the nation playing opposite of Arkansas.

bdubyab60

Then tack on the rumor that none of the staff is present when players are shooting free throws. They are supposed to work on it on their own. If this is happening MA should be fired immediately. It is literally costing us games.

bdubyab60

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 29, 2019, 07:47:14 pm
I think we got this one.
Ugly at times, but we found a way! We blocked 14 shots, and only turned it over 4 times, while forcing 16.

bdubyab60

Again you would figure that would have been an easier win. Think we hit crushed on the boards though. Haven't looked at the numbers.

It's helped that we have played teams that are around the offensive efficiency as is or it seems that way.

If we hadn't of went 2-2 over these last four I probably would have stopped watching

beach bum

Can these guys show some grit and go get a win in Baton Rouge to redeem our woes against them? I believe we can. If we do the following game against Vandy at home gives us a shot to go above .500 in SEC play

bdubyab60

I'm not seeing a win against LSU. Vandy should be a win. But I really don't wanna count anything as a win

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: beach bum on January 29, 2019, 08:42:38 pm
Can these guys show some grit and go get a win in Baton Rouge to redeem our woes against them? I believe we can. If we do the following game against Vandy at home gives us a shot to go above .500 in SEC play
It would be nice if we could some how get a win over LSU and then Vandy. Anything is possible right

bdubyab60

Maybe LSU looks past us tonight to their upcoming game with MSU. Trap game?

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 02, 2019, 04:51:28 pm
Possible

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

When you 65% from the floor good things happen

beach bum

Embery Simpson plays so much better on the road. If he played like he does on the road at home we probably win those close losses in non conference instead to WKU and Ga Tech

And I don't care what LSU's record is.... They will get stomped in the NCAA tournament cause their defense is suspect game after game. They keep getting lucky and pulling out these close wins.

bdubyab60

Dang Sills that hurt me watching it

bdubyab60

And that 14 from LSU can jump out of the building

Trojanbird

beach bum

Quote from: Trojanbird on February 02, 2019, 06:41:24 pm
Can we hang on?

LSU is mugging us now every time and the refs only call a foul like 1/3 of the time so they may come back

And here come the missed free throws... 7 point game with 6 to go

Trojanbird

And they have shot like 3 times more foul shots!

bdubyab60

We have to be stronger with the ball. Bailey has no business bring the ball up against the press.

And yeah here comes our FT struggles.

Offensively we have quit moving the ball like we were

bdubyab60

And we always end up on the short end of the foul count. Just check the numbers since MA has been here. We slap a lot.

But yeah we should have gotten some more calls this game for sure

beach bum

When they called that foul on Mason Jones the LSU was like 30 lbs heavier and just bullying him away from the ball and somehow that was a foul on Jones  ???

beach bum

Finally it takes a replay to help us out.... That guy just slapped Gafford across the face.

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

I haven't seen MA challenge one call

Trojanbird

I bet we just throw it around the 3 point line.

bdubyab60

Wow. Huge mistake by LSU trying to throw that oop. Huge play by jones.

Best win this year. I'll take it

beach bum

LSU just went to my most hated team in the conference this year.... Yes, we did not handle the press well. But the refs were literally letting them mug us the last 12 minutes of the game. I hope a good ACC or Big Ten team puts them in their place in the NCAA tournament by dictating tempo on them cause LSU's defense sucks when they aren't allow to mug you.

bdubyab60

We will probably mess this win up with a head scratching loss though. I hope not but we usually do

Trojanbird

Unbelievable!
Did we win or did they just hand us a gift?

bdubyab60

A little of both. What a bonehead play by Waters. Just not the kind of pass you make up one with under a minute to go. It was there but you don't make that in that situation.

Then Jones just takes it in himself to get a bucket. I thought he had left it short put it went.

I sure thought they would come down and get a bucket as the buzzer went off

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 02, 2019, 04:51:28 pm
Good call!

AirWarren

Commentators. Sec network. Refs. All garbage.

Good win hogs.

Lumberjackfan1978

A win the Hogs needed.Way to go HOGS

bdubyab60

Hope we don't return the favor that LSU did

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 05, 2019, 04:43:24 pm
Hope we don't return the favor that LSU did
yea me to but you never can tell how the hogs will show up

bulldoghistorian

That early 6-0 lead disappeared quickly
6 turnovers already

bdubyab60

Truthfully I thought we would never trail in this game. But getting outplayed right now

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 05, 2019, 08:46:43 pm
Truthfully I thought we would never trail in this game. But getting outplayed right now
Yep

bulldoghistorian

We made 4 of 5 shots to end the half. Joe had 5 3's!
Vandy 35
Arkansas 34
Half

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas