• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6A Standings - All Conferences 2018

Started by AT, September 23, 2018, 07:15:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

September 23, 2018, 07:15:10 pm Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 09:59:17 pm by Almatrackster
BOLDED=CLINCHED PLAYOFF BERTH

RED=ELIMINATED FROM PLAYOFF CONTENTION

6A East
1. West Memphis (7-0) TB Points: 58
2. Marion (5-2) TB Points: 60
3. Jonesboro (5-2) TB Points: 65
4. Searcy (5-2) TB Points: 53
5. Pine Bluff (3-4) TB Points: 37
6. Sylvan Hills (2-5) TB Points: 7
7. Jacksonville (1-6) TB Points: 7
8. Mountain Home (0-7) TB Points: 0

6A West
1. Greenwood (7-0) TB Points: 91
2. Benton (6-1) TB Points: 75
3. Russellville (5-2) TB Points: 54
4. El Dorado (4-3) TB Points: 42
5. Siloam Springs (3-4) TB Points: 30
6. Lake Hamilton (2-5) TB Points: 26
7. Sheridan (1-6) TB Points: 13
8. Little Rock Hall (0-7) TB Points: 0

sssuperpantherfan2

Siloam has improved with the direction of a new coach, when your on the bottom of the list the only direction to go is up.

South Central

Quote from: Almatrackster on September 23, 2018, 07:15:10 pm
6A East
1. Jonesboro (1-0) TB Points: 13
1. Searcy (1-0) TB Points: 13
3. Pine Bluff (1-0) TB Points: 11
4. West Memphis (1-0) TB Points: 2
5. Jacksonville (0-1) TB Points: 0
5. Marion (0-1) TB Points: 0
5. Mountain Home (0-1) TB Points: 0
5. Sylvan Hills (0-1) TB Points: 0

6A West
1. Benton (1-0) TB Points: 13
1. El Dorado (1-0) TB Points: 13
1. Greenwood (1-0) TB Points: 13
4. Siloam Springs (1-0) TB Points: 10
5. Lake Hamilton (1-0) TB Points: 0
5. Little Rock Hall (0-1) TB Points: 0
5. Russellville (0-1) TB Points: 0
5. Sheridan (0-1) TB Points: 0

Lake Hamilton is 0-1

AT

AT

AT

The Future

Hmmm I wonder if this year we will finally see that Greenwood Jonesboro game.

W1 GW
Bye

E4
W5

E2 JB
Bye

W3
E6

E1 JB
Bye

W4
E5

W2 GW
Bye

E3 JB
W6

Looking at the bracket, I've placed Greenwood and Jonesboro by the spots they could most reasonably potential finish.

The nearest game would be week 12 second round W2 Greenwood hosting E3 Jonesboro.
Any other scenario puts their meeting in the semis or at state. All the meetings would be at Greenwood except one. If Greenwood finishes W2 and Jonesboro E1 and both made it to the semis, Greenwood would have to travel to Jonesboro. The only other scenario where Jonesboro is home and Greenwood is away is if both finished as their 2 seeds and both made it to state.

It's always fun to play new teams. As much fun as our games with Eldo and Pine Bluff have been, it was fun to see West Memphis last year for the first time. And hopefully we can meet Jonesboro this year.

Bigfootdogfan

We like to spread our love around, esp. At home.

Ball Hawk

AT

AT

Big Blue

Quote from: The Future on October 06, 2018, 01:24:02 am

W1 GW
Bye

E4
W5

E2 JB
Bye

W3
E6

E1 JB
Bye

W4
E5

W2 GW
Bye

E3 JB
W6

Looking at the bracket, I've placed Greenwood and Jonesboro by the spots they could most reasonably potential finish.

The nearest game would be week 12 second round W2 Greenwood hosting E3 Jonesboro.
Any other scenario puts their meeting in the semis or at state. All the meetings would be at Greenwood except one. If Greenwood finishes W2 and Jonesboro E1 and both made it to the semis, Greenwood would have to travel to Jonesboro. The only other scenario where Jonesboro is home and Greenwood is away is if both finished as their 2 seeds and both made it to state.

It's always fun to play new teams. As much fun as our games with Eldo and Pine Bluff have been, it was fun to see West Memphis last year for the first time. And hopefully we can meet Jonesboro this year.

AT

Standings this week on this thread will not be updated until Sunday. Sorry for the inconvenience.

OB11

Quote from: The Future on October 06, 2018, 01:24:02 am

W1 GW
Bye

E4
W5

E2 JB
Bye

W3
E6

E1 JB
Bye

W4
E5

W2 GW
Bye

E3 JB
W6

Barring a poor showing - I think Jonesboro can all but lock up the 2 seed with a win against Sylvan Hills tonight.

The Future

I had mentioned this last year sometime and had a few people say they thought it was a good idea. What if the 6A and 7A sent only 8 teams, 4 from each conference, to the playoffs. Play the first two games as normal weeks 11 and 12. And push the bye week from week 11 to week 13. While everyone else is playing their semis, the 7A and 6A finalist will have their bye week to prepare for the state game. It won't get rid of the bye but it does take away the sudden break in routine and the "the bye week bit us" curse that's bitten teams. Greenwood in 2014 and Eldo a year or two back to name a couple. This way both teams have the two weeks to prepare and go into the game even so to say.

So taking the 8 teams, the bracket would look like this
W1
E4

E2
W3

W2
E3

E1
W4

You can plug in your seeding prediction and see where teams would be.
I have the West finishing with Greenwood Benton and Eldo as the first three with Russellville and Siloam battling next week for the 4th seed.
The East I have West Memphis and Jonesboro followed by Searcy and Marion.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: The Future on October 26, 2018, 12:14:49 pm
I had mentioned this last year sometime and had a few people say they thought it was a good idea. What if the 6A and 7A sent only 8 teams, 4 from each conference, to the playoffs. Play the first two games as normal weeks 11 and 12. And push the bye week from week 11 to week 13. While everyone else is playing their semis, the 7A and 6A finalist will have their bye week to prepare for the state game. It won't get rid of the bye but it does take away the sudden break in routine and the "the bye week bit us" curse that's bitten teams. Greenwood in 2014 and Eldo a year or two back to name a couple. This way both teams have the two weeks to prepare and go into the game even so to say.

So taking the 8 teams, the bracket would look like this
W1
E4

E2
W3

W2
E3

E1
W4

You can plug in your seeding prediction and see where teams would be.
I have the West finishing with Greenwood Benton and Eldo as the first three with Russellville and Siloam battling next week for the 4th seed.
The East I have West Memphis and Jonesboro followed by Searcy and Marion.

This is too simple and makes too much sense, therefore the AAA would not agree to it!

thescout

October 27, 2018, 09:20:04 am #16 Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 09:42:13 am by thescout
If I'm not mistaken, Marion can grab the 2 seed with a 13 point win Thursday against Jonesboro.  Or a win against Jonesboro in which they stay ahead of Searcy in terms of points

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: thescout on October 27, 2018, 09:20:04 am
If I'm not mistaken, Marion can grab the 2 seed with a 13 point win Thursday against Jonesboro.  Or a win against Jonesboro in which they stay ahead of Searcy in terms of points

Marion won't beat Jonesboro......especially at home!

AT

maxswine

6A East
1. West Memphis (6-0) TB Points: 45
2. Jonesboro (5-1) TB Points: 65
3. Searcy (4-2) TB Points: 45
4. Marion (4-2) TB Points: 47
5. Pine Bluff (2-4) TB Points: 24
6. Sylvan Hills (2-4) TB Points: 7
7. Jacksonville (1-5) TB Points: 7
8. Mountain Home (0-6) TB Points: 0

6A West
1. Greenwood (6-0) TB Points: 78
2. Benton (5-1) TB Points: 62
3. Russellville (4-2) TB Points: 41
4. El Dorado (3-3) TB Points: 29
5. Siloam Springs (3-3) TB Points: 30
6. Lake Hamilton (2-4) TB Points: 26
7. Sheridan (1-5) TB Points: 13
8. Little Rock Hall (0-6) TB Points: 0

I think Lake Hamilton has clinched also because they beat Sheridan head to head.  Is that right?

Rayburn

6A East
1. West Memphis (7-0) TB Points: 58
2. Jonesboro (5-2) TB Points: 65
4. Marion (5-2) TB Points: 60
3. Searcy (5-2) TB Points: 53
5. Pine Bluff (3-4) TB Points: 37
6. Sylvan Hills (2-5) TB Points: 7
7. Jacksonville (1-6) TB Points: 7
8. Mountain Home (0-7) TB Points: 0

I'm not seeing how Jonesboro can be the two seed. If the top two points in a three-way tie go head-to-head, Marion won that matchup. So Marion would be the two. Then you matchup the next two, and Jonesboro won that.
So shouldn't it be
2. Marion
3. Jonesoro
4. Searcy

AT

Updated for final time. Numbers in front of team names are seedings for playoffs.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas