• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kelly at a Public School

Started by 24tedmiller, December 04, 2014, 12:20:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

24tedmiller

How do you think Kelly's system would work at a public school? I would love to see it.

beach bum

He would still be good but its obvious not as successful. I have always said especially 2A to 4A I don't know why people chunk the ball 40+ times a game. Most small public schools can barely find 2 kids to catch the ball consistently let alone going in 4 or 5 WR sets. Although he is coaching in 5A.... Guy is great but it would be a steeper climb at a public school.... He would have to tinker things a little, especially if he was at a smaller level. At 6A or 7A I could see him doing things about the same style.....

WPWells

beach bum

December 04, 2014, 01:42:25 pm #3 Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 01:45:58 pm by beach bum
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 04, 2014, 01:38:37 pm
Charleston is an exception

Charleston's is an exception definitely. The tradition is it there. I bet those kids are growing up playing catch with each other from 9 or younger to make that connection. A friend of mine who coaches and played WR pretty well in high school talks about how he was good simply just by running routes all the time on his own and playing catch, He says it amazing how kids won't put in the time on their own to become better route runners and to improve their ball catching skills..... Practice does really make perfect. You have to some what have that natural ability to catch but practice makes the hand eye coordination of getting the ball just 2nd nature.... If you are not confident it just isn't going to happen. It amazes me in 4A down how many dropped balls there are.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: 24tedmiller on December 04, 2014, 12:20:53 pm
How do you think Kelly's system would work at a public school? I would love to see it.

Depends on the school and the mindset of its community.

24tedmiller

What would be a good 5A public school you could see him having success at, that isn't successful now?

Devil Dog 17

Thats a fair question, Ive got another question that I would like to propose.  How would a good traditional stlye FB coach fair with the athletes at PA.  I would say that PA would win even more games with someone who doesn't use all the gimmicks.

24tedmiller

I think that system fits well at PA. I think a spread style offense like Greenwood runs would also work well there. Its hard to say they would win more games considering their record under Kelly. PA players aren't capable of running the ball down someone's throat. They just don't have the players for it. But I could see how another air attack would be successful without all the onside kicks and poor field position.

JustGoForIt114

Quote from: Devil Dog 17 on December 04, 2014, 02:42:04 pm

Thats a fair question, Ive got another question that I would like to propose.  How would a good traditional stlye FB coach fair with the athletes at PA.  I would say that PA would win even more games with someone who doesn't use all the gimmicks.

I think the "traditional style FB coach" would in fact NOT win more games.  What's he going to tell the team the first day he takes the job? "Guys, we're going to play traditional style football without all the gimmicks because we're going to win more than an average of 10.5 games per year?"

"Athletes at PA"- define this one. Because all I see is a bunch of 5'9 165 lb. 4.8 40 yd. dash football players who are undersized each week.

I think some people are a little upset because they're used to seeing their team get the ball punted (given) to them on 4th and 4 every week and that doesn't happen when the play PA. And what's crazier is somehow their team loses these games!

MDXPHD

Quote from: JustGoForIt114 on December 04, 2014, 03:27:20 pm

I think the "traditional style FB coach" would in fact NOT win more games.  What's he going to tell the team the first day he takes the job? "Guys, we're going to play traditional style football without all the gimmicks because we're going to win more than an average of 10.5 games per year?"

"Athletes at PA"- define this one. Because all I see is a bunch of 5'9 165 lb. 4.8 40 yd. dash football players who are undersized each week.

I think some people are a little upset because they're used to seeing their team get the ball punted (given) to them on 4th and 4 every week and that doesn't happen when the play PA. And what's crazier is somehow their team loses these games!

You really don't want to go into the "PA doesn't have athletes" argument do you? You can't be serious.  Did they not have 4-5 D-1 players on the 2011 team alone?

24tedmiller

Please tell me he is joking MDX...

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 04, 2014, 03:35:14 pm

You really don't want to go into the "PA doesn't have athletes" argument do you? You can't be serious.  Did they not have 4-5 D-1 players on the 2011 team alone?
That team did.  Best team to ever come through PA.   Most PA teams have about 1 D1 player per year.  This year has one senior committed to a college scholarship, with a chance of one more getting an offer.

tmycjy

Quote from: 24tedmiller on December 04, 2014, 02:30:45 pm
What would be a good 5A public school you could see him having success at, that isn't successful now?

I would say this would work for Forrest city if here could get the disaplens out of them I also think this would work for G.C.T.

24tedmiller

Quote from: tmycjy on December 04, 2014, 04:17:13 pm
Quote from: 24tedmiller on December 04, 2014, 02:30:45 pm

I would say this would work for Forrest city if here could get the disaplens out of them I also think this would work for G.C.T.
I agree with GCT 100%. FC not so much lol I think this style needs a QB that will not turn the ball over every year.

PA Dad

I think it was Darrell Royal who said of Bear Bryant that "he can take his'n and beat your'n or he can take your'n and beat his'n."  I certainly agree that a good coach can make a difference.  But, there are limits to what even a good coach can do.  A good coach with mediocre athletes will not make much difference.  Nick Saban is successful not just because he knows the X's and O's (and he does)  but because he has a top ranked recruiting class every year.

So, it's hard to say how Kelly would do at a public school without knowing what school or what quality of athletes he would have.  If he had been at NLR this year I think he would have had a great year.  If he had been at North Pulaski he might have won 1 or 2 games.

Lionheart88

Even if there's no recruiting going on, discussing how PA's athletes would do with a different coach (and by extension a different system) or how Kelley would do with a public school is difficult at best.  Let's face it, their record is all the "recruiting" they need.  Call it "passive recruiting"; they're not going out and asking, people are coming to them wanting in.  Any really good QBs, receivers, etc with some money in the family oughta be beating down PA's doors to get on that team and the exposure and coaching that comes with it.  If they brought in a coach who ran a ground and pound offense, there'd be a shaky transition because they wouldn't have the horses for the courses at first, but you might well see linemen and running backs gravitating towards them over the ensuing years for the same reason receivers flocked to PA under Kelley.  On the other hand, at a public school where it's much harder for kids to move districts (albeit less so with the new school choice law), he'd have a harder time keeping the personnel to run his system and might have to adapt and overcome, but any truly quality HS coach should be able to do that.  This isn't college or the pros where you hand-pick the guys you want for your system.

JohnMarkTomayo

"Athletes at PA"- define this one. Because all I see is a bunch of 5'9 165 lb. 4.8 40 yd. dash football players who are undersized each week."

Dude, give me a break. I just counted 29 players off the PA roster on the AAA website that are 185 or more!

RawDog1

Just go for it, you are out of your mind.  You need to check your tape measure and scales and it's obvious you didn't get an education at PA because those cats are bigger than your last quote. 

RawDog1

Quote from: PA Dad on December 04, 2014, 07:17:55 pm
I think it was Darrell Royal who said of Bear Bryant that "he can take his'n and beat your'n or he can take your'n and beat his'n."  I certainly agree that a good coach can make a difference.  But, there are limits to what even a good coach can do.  A good coach with mediocre athletes will not make much difference.  Nick Saban is successful not just because he knows the X's and O's (and he does)  but because he has a top ranked recruiting class every year.

So, it's hard to say how Kelly would do at a public school without knowing what school or what quality of athletes he would have.  If he had been at NLR this year I think he would have had a great year.  If he had been at North Pulaski he might have won 1 or 2 games.

PA dad, couldn't have been said any better.  I 100% agree.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: RawDog1 on December 04, 2014, 08:44:26 pm
Quote from: PA Dad on December 04, 2014, 07:17:55 pm

PA dad, couldn't have been said any better.  I 100% agree.
Coach Kelley's system is not just punting on 4th or onside kicks. It's 50 weeks a year of workouts, a code of conduct and being totally bought in. If he goes to a place the administration and parents don't support that, it won't work. But those places will never be successful under any scheme.

Go Postal

PA is certainly a football school.  A great team.  I'm glad that we have a coach at Harrison that worked with Coach Kelly and the Bruins.  We as a team and public school have learned to start to play with that style of football.  I have to admit that this is the first season in the West (public school) teams that I have noticed that there is a lot of teams going more on the 4th, onside kicks (offense/defense), etc as the Bruins do.  So maybe Coach Kelly has influenced more teams in the 5A than just the Bruins.

Side note:  Speaking of Bruins and Lady Bruins in another sport and private vs public schools argument aside, PA boys/girls are #2 in the 5A for total Championships in soccer behind Harrison boys/girls.  They are also #2(#3) for Overall boys/girls State Soccer Championships for any conference since 1999 with nine State boys/girls soccer Championships behind 6A Searcy boys/girls and 5A Harrison boys/girls who are now tied with 10 State Championships for #1 since this sport officially started in Arkansas high school sports in 1999.
  Pulaski Academy has a great overall athletic program and seems to produce some great athletes in all sports.  Back to football...

Youngsta71701

It helps that he's also the athletic director. So if a player didn't buy in to his system he wouldn't be on the team.

Lionheart88

Lions84

He would have a hard time in class 3-2A for sure.

Hogskin

If kids buy in and work hard he could win anywhere. The championship runs he makes is usually made when the talent level is there. He is a great offensive coordinator but the system is only dominant when run by great players. Harrison had one of those in Brock Humphey , this yr with some good wr to throw to. If Harrison would have more talent then just that they could have made a run with that system. Great skeems and play calling are only as good as those athletes who make it happen. Harrison has had some D1 talent speratically throughout the yrs so they know what talent can do. A 5A team for instance ( Vilonia) has never in the history of the town had any athletes play higher then D2 ball, this system would not work. On the otherhand I believe  if you are coaching at the 5A level and have 10-12 D1 athletes over the last 5 yrs there is no excuses to not winning state titles every year. Just give a few of these traditional coaches that talent and see what would happen. It is all relative to talent and commitment. In 5A ball PA has both ,hence championship  teams. Other public schools like Maumelle has talent but no commitment from players or staff( good team not great). Vilonia has commitment from staff and players just not D1 talent( good team not great). Kelly would do great anywhere he could keep the commitment and talent rolling in, unfortunately there are only handful of public school jobs that is possible. Congrats to PA!! And coach Kelly way to show there are still football players and a commitment to success by a staff in Little Rock ,public or private.

Mudboy870

First of all, let me clear up the confusion. It is Kevin *Kelley NOT kelly.

tigers14

1) No public school could afford him with the exception of a few with good booster backing.
2) Look all across the board and your supposed 4.8 are really 4.5s or high 4.4s (citing hooten's)
3) I don't know what it is but you can't hardly win a ball game anywhere around their home field or around Little Rock for that matter, so his stats are always going to be good win wise to leave his legacy.
4) PA doesn't play by the same rules everyone else does in reference to money.  Which is not their fault, heck if it was my son I'd want him to have everything the best it possibly could be as well.
5) If you have a good thing going why leave?  PA takes real good care of him and his staff to the point they don't want to leave.  Any coach would love to be there because they are taken care of and win. 

My question is would the AAA every consider making a private school only division? 

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: tigers14 on December 08, 2014, 12:41:56 pm
1) No public school could afford him with the exception of a few with good booster backing.
2) Look all across the board and your supposed 4.8 are really 4.5s or high 4.4s (citing hooten's)
3) I don't know what it is but you can't hardly win a ball game anywhere around their home field or around Little Rock for that matter, so his stats are always going to be good win wise to leave his legacy.
4) PA doesn't play by the same rules everyone else does in reference to money.  Which is not their fault, heck if it was my son I'd want him to have everything the best it possibly could be as well.
5) If you have a good thing going why leave?  PA takes real good care of him and his staff to the point they don't want to leave.  Any coach would love to be there because they are taken care of and win. 

My question is would the AAA every consider making a private school only division?
How many private schools play football? 10 maybe? Catholic, PA, Shiloh, LRCA, Arkansas Baptist, CAC, Conway Christian.  That's all I can think of.  Not much competition there.

If being a private school is such a huge advantage, why has Catholic not been relevant in 10+ years?

IPROFB

Coach Kelly can win with his system at most public schools, IF he can hire his own coaches. The fact is he won't leave unless he wants a new challenge.

Complete Biased PoV

1) You may be right about this, I only see Kelley leaving for a college job.
2) Umm...come on, if you are actually relying on Hooten's for accuracy most of your credibility goes out the window.  While there are a few guys who run 4.5's the overwhelming majority is 4.8 or slower.  Not to mention the heaviest player on defense weighed 196 lbs this year.
3) Not sure what this has to do with anything....but PA did lose in the playoffs in 2012 to Batesville and in 2013 to Morrilton, both at Rector Field/ Joe B Hatcher Stadium.
4) You are right, essentially everything money related comes from the parents/bruin backers.....so this is actually a disadvantage.
5) You can't say they would never leave....Coach DePriest left for Harrison.

As for a private only division, Red Devil Alum nailed it on the head.  Union Christian needs to be added to the list though.
So Classification wise here are the private schools:
2A:  Union Christian and Conway Christian
3A:  Harding Academy and Episcopal Collegiate
4A:  CAC, Shiloh, Arkansas Baptist, and Subiaco Academy
5A:  PA and Little Rock Christian
6A/7A:  LR Catholic

Even if you believe there are enough schools, the size disparity is too large.  Now if the AAA wanted to put them in their own division and allow recruiting and athletic scholarships.....it could get interesting.  Here is why that will NEVER HAPPEN though, it would be the DEATH of public school football in the state of Arkansas.

Intelligentsia

I hear Coach Kelly gave Chuck Norris a beat down over the weekend!!

MDXPHD

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on December 08, 2014, 02:29:39 pm

2) Umm...come on, if you are actually relying on Hooten's for accuracy most of your credibility goes out the window.  While there are a few guys who run 4.5's the overwhelming majority is 4.8 or slower.  Not to mention the heaviest player on defense weighed 196 lbs this year.
3) Not sure what this has to do with anything....but PA did lose in the playoffs in 2012 to Batesville and in 2013 to Morrilton, both at Rector Field/ Joe B Hatcher Stadium.
4) You are right, essentially everything money related comes from the parents/bruin backers.....so this is actually a disadvantage.

As for a private only division, Red Devil Alum nailed it on the head.  Union Christian needs to be added to the list though.
So Classification wise here are the private schools:
2A:  Union Christian and Conway Christian
3A:  Harding Academy and Episcopal Collegiate
4A:  CAC, Shiloh, Arkansas Baptist, and Subiaco Academy
5A:  PA and Little Rock Christian
6A/7A:  LR Catholic

Even if you believe there are enough schools, the size disparity is too large.  Now if the AAA wanted to put them in their own division and allow recruiting and athletic scholarships.....it could get interesting.  Here is why that will NEVER HAPPEN though, it would be the DEATH of public school football in the state of Arkansas.

LOL that you think money at PA is a disadvantage. 

Also, it may not be as obvious in football, but in soccer it gets pretty bad.  The private schools have dominated soccer, with the exception of Harrison and now DeQueen, for several years. 

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on December 08, 2014, 01:10:49 pm

How many private schools play football? 10 maybe? Catholic, PA, Shiloh, LRCA, Arkansas Baptist, CAC, Conway Christian.  That's all I can think of.  Not much competition there.

If being a private school is such a huge advantage, why has Catholic not been relevant in 10+ years?

Because Catholic plays in the largest classification against the schools with the most depth! Depth plays a huge role in the 6/7A schools. PA's comfort zone is about the 5A as far as winning championships.  They would rarely, very rarely, win the 6a and they would never win 7a.

Complete Biased PoV

MDX,
I think you are missing the point on the money issue.  Some public schools have large booster clubs as does PA in addition to the budget provides by the school through property tax millage funds.  Imagine what PA could do if they had both....might even be able to move that pesky wall!

Lionheart88

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on December 08, 2014, 01:10:49 pm

Episcopal, Subiaco, Conway St, Joseph's, Harding Academy.  Probably some more I'm not thinking of.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on December 08, 2014, 06:44:49 pm
MDX,
I think you are missing the point on the money issue.  Some public schools have large booster clubs as does PA in addition to the budget provides by the school through property tax millage funds.  Imagine what PA could do if they had both....might even be able to move that pesky wall!

The millage is an understandable argument.  Now, as far as booster clubs, I would venture to say that PA's booster club is a little more wealthy than most other public schools.  Surely we can agree there.  And I doubt they would have gotten rid of that wall! That could have already been done if they didn't fly the team to Cali to play a couple of years ago!

Intelligentsia

P.A., like other successful programs, wins because of: Hard work all year, a good coaching staff, "community support" and a nice mix of above average athletes and tough kids.  A wise old coach told me this about the coaching quality issue; a good coach will win the games he should considering player ability, a poor coach will lose a couple games he should have won and a great coach will win a couple games he should have or easily could have lost. 

Go Postal

December 08, 2014, 10:23:05 pm #36 Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 10:26:56 pm by Go Postal

That is a question that has been on other sports forums also.  Considering all sports, private schools have upset a lot of public schools in any sport that they played.  But I think that they are the "kink of sports" to make the public schools play that better.  Bring them on.  A win against a very good private school only makes that public school look better.  Enough of this Private vs Public scenario, they are here and part of the conferences.  Just beat them.

Side note:  One thing that I like about one private school (in any sport), LRCA, is that (I believe) is that they stuck it out in the 5A.  Period.  Not going to a upper or lower conference, but maybe a different division, but staying with the 5A.  Warriors/Lady Warriors, I give you kudos on this. 

Anyway, I don't think that the AAA will do a private school division.  They are here, right now, play your best and beat them. :D

PA Dad

I guess this issue will never die.  I don't have the answer.  I'm curious as to what would satisfy the critics of private schools.

PA should, by population, be in 3A.  They play 5A.  Frankly, as I have said on another thread, I wish they would play 6A.  But, what would satisfy the critics of private schools?

Red Devil Alum

PA has 291 students. Wynne has approx 700 I believe.

Intelligentsia

Forget about comparing the overall numbers of the privates to public schools.  The advantages of private school families over so many from Wynne are almost unimaginable.  The AAA requires privates to play up for a number of reasons and the system seems to be working just fine to me.  P.A. has a good program and their kids work hard - enough said.

PA Dad

Quote from: Intelligentsia on December 09, 2014, 07:54:34 am
Forget about comparing the overall numbers of the privates to public schools.  The advantages of private school families over so many from Wynne are almost unimaginable.  The AAA requires privates to play up for a number of reasons and the system seems to be working just fine to me.  P.A. has a good program and their kids work hard - enough said.

Well said.  I agree.

tigers14

December 09, 2014, 02:55:34 pm #41 Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 02:57:48 pm by tigers14

I agree

Considering every head coach in football fills out their Hooten's packet your either A) saying that you personally saw Kelley not fill his out or B) your calling your coach a liar and is lying about his son

Because you are biased lol I've personally played there during the regular season and playoffs.  Playoffs are a whole separate issue because the AAA assigns officials.  I don't know what is in the water there but find the last regular season loss at PA.  Then pose the question to anyone who has played there how the officiating is in any type of game there from JV-Varsity. 

Oh yeah, considering the complex off highway 10 yeah y'all are really struggling..lol

Head Coaching Job of course he would leave, just saying in the position Kelley is in.

[/quote]

I believe you are right in the retrospect this would be the death of football for schools due to the fact of the issues and it has caused for Little Rock Football. However if you are saying that they don't recruit you are obviously blind.  See the routes of some your inner city talent...lol

STUNNA

I think there are quite a few 4A school that he could have a lot of success at!!

Complete Biased PoV

tigers14,

You are acting like every single kid on PA's team runs a 4.4 or 4.5 when in reality it is at most 5 guys running that fast.  Those would be; Kelley, Hastings, Watkins, Rickenbach, and possibly Charrette.  There are a few more at the 4.6-4.8 range, which you did not talk about.  Then the majority is 4.8 or slower as I stated before.  So overall you are looking at roughly 10% of the team runs sub 4.8 40's.  Here is the interesting point though....40's have ZERO statistical significance on how good a football player will be.  :o

PA lost to Cabot at home in 2010.  They also lost to Lake Hamilton and Magnolia at home in 2009.  All of PA's game officials are done by an assignor.  So please, tell me more about your wealth of knowledge of the officiating at PA!

I didn't say anything about struggling.... It is just the facts....athletics does not have a large budget from the school, funding comes from the parents/ bruin backers.  MDX is correct in the point there is enough money by boosters. But arguing with me about this is not going anywhere because I am a HUGE PROPONENT of a voucher system.

You included Kelley's staff so I contradicted your statement, and DePriest left for an OC position not HC.

The only way PA recruits is by winning!  Why don't you point some fingers at NLR who got how many guys from Bryant a couple of years ago? And still can't win a state title.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on December 09, 2014, 04:57:22 pm

The only way PA recruits is by winning!  Why don't you point some fingers at NLR who got how many guys from Bryant a couple of years ago? And still can't win a state title.

Well that's an easy answer, NLR is a public school.  IF they were private, everyone would complain about them too lol.

wildboy44

If PA was flat out recruiting, wouldn't they have the best player at most every position? How many top D1 players have they had the last 10 years come out. How many d1 d-backs? How many d-1 defensive ends? Not saying they don't have athletes...I'm saying if your going to recruit then get the top notch guys in that area. I do believe that on most Friday's, they have the best game plan along with the best coaches. The kids and community are totally sold on the style of play. If he coached NLR they would have multiple rings. He makes average guys good and good players great according to high school. How many guys that graduating this year for PA are playing Big time d1 ball?. Rick Jones, coach Kelley, coach King from Batesville and Chris Hill from Wynne...these guys can flat out coach. I am a  CFV guy so I'm not leaving out Buck James...how many schools in 5A can say they won more than us the last 10 years? Not many. Unfortunately it's only one champ every year. If some one has the answer please post...How many guys on PA defensive will play D1 football? Again this is no shot at PA ...IM JUST SAYING IF YOUR GONNA RECRUIT...WOULDNT IT BE SOME D1 PLAYERS.

MDXPHD

Quote from: wildboy44 on December 09, 2014, 06:52:07 pm
If PA was flat out recruiting, wouldn't they have the best player at most every position? How many top D1 players have they had the last 10 years come out. How many d1 d-backs? How many d-1 defensive ends? Not saying they don't have athletes...I'm saying if your going to recruit then get the top notch guys in that area. I do believe that on most Friday's, they have the best game plan along with the best coaches. The kids and community are totally sold on the style of play. If he coached NLR they would have multiple rings. He makes average guys good and good players great according to high school. How many guys that graduating this year for PA are playing Big time d1 ball?. Rick Jones, coach Kelley, coach King from Batesville and Chris Hill from Wynne...these guys can flat out coach. I am a  CFV guy so I'm not leaving out Buck James...how many schools in 5A can say they won more than us the last 10 years? Not many. Unfortunately it's only one champ every year. If some one has the answer please post...How many guys on PA defensive will play D1 football? Again this is no shot at PA ...IM JUST SAYING IF YOUR GONNA RECRUIT...WOULDNT IT BE SOME D1 PLAYERS.

Are you unaware that their last 5 qb's have gone d1? Or unaware of the 5 d1 players on their 2011 roster? I'm not saying they recruited them at all, I'm just saying don't use that argument, it's terrible.

Lionheart88

Quote from: tigers14 on December 09, 2014, 02:55:34 pm

I agree

Considering every head coach in football fills out their Hooten's packet your either A) saying that you personally saw Kelley not fill his out or B) your calling your coach a liar and is lying about his son

Because you are biased lol I've personally played there during the regular season and playoffs.  Playoffs are a whole separate issue because the AAA assigns officials.  I don't know what is in the water there but find the last regular season loss at PA.  Then pose the question to anyone who has played there how the officiating is in any type of game there from JV-Varsity. 

Oh yeah, considering the complex off highway 10 yeah y'all are really struggling..lol

Head Coaching Job of course he would leave, just saying in the position Kelley is in.

I believe you are right in the retrospect this would be the death of football for schools due to the fact of the issues and it has caused for Little Rock Football. However if you are saying that they don't recruit you are obviously blind.  See the routes of some your inner city talent...lol
[/quote]Please don't tell me you think the height/weight numbers and so on in Hooten's are accurate.  I've known guys to gain 3-4 inches and 25-30 pounds sometimes.  Every school fudges measurables on their guys.

wildboy44

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 09, 2014, 07:04:32 pm
Quote from: wildboy44 on December 09, 2014, 06:52:07 pm

Are you unaware that their last 5 qb's have gone d1? Or unaware of the 5 d1 players on their 2011 roster? I'm not saying they recruited them at all, I'm just saying don't use that argument, it's terrible.
If you're  recognized as a good qb in little rock you have 2 options...NLR OR PA...why wouldn't they go recruit all those studs from NLR...Is there any concrete evidence of this? I don't care either way. I give credit to good coaches, programs or systems.

PA Dad

I can't say whether PA recruits because I just don't know.  But, I am familiar with many of the players and parents this year and I don't know of a single player that was recruited.  The great majority of the players have been at PA for years.  They were put at PA for the education, not football.  They start running Kelley's offense in the 5th/6th grade and that contributes a lot to PA's success.

If anyone can name one player who was recruited to PA, please do so.  It is one thing to speculate and say it must be so because they are good. It is another thing to prove it.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas