• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The future of Camden fairview

Started by war cardinals, November 27, 2014, 07:42:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngsta71701

December 01, 2014, 11:10:23 am #50 Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 11:14:47 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: spongebob on December 01, 2014, 11:05:50 am
Quote from: Youngsta71701 on December 01, 2014, 11:02:16 am
Quote from: Loyalfan1 on December 01, 2014, 10:55:16 am
Quote from: AirWarren on December 01, 2014, 10:51:14 am
Quote from: spongebob on December 01, 2014, 10:45:03 am
Quote from: AirWarren on December 01, 2014, 10:39:00 am
Quote from: spongebob on December 01, 2014, 10:33:04 am
Quote from: AirWarren on December 01, 2014, 10:30:29 am
Quote from: spongebob on December 01, 2014, 10:28:37 am
Quote from: AirWarren on December 01, 2014, 10:22:23 am
Have you Camden people taken into consideration that it could be a talent cycle?
In my opinion, there is a lot more talent graduating than coming back next year.

In all respect, Camden was so good when they had solid Defensive and Offensive lines. This year, I did not see that like in the previous years. They were good, but they were better in the several years past.
Can't you say that about every high school in the state?

So what is the Camden faithful griping about? If you agree talent comes in cycles and that every year won't be a 10-11 win season?
I'm saying this was a very talented class that is graduating.

One thing that CF had during those great years were DEPTH. Did those seniors have quality behind them? The years yall played in the state title games and the one you guys won, you guys were loaded from 9th to 12th. If those guys were all yall had, then yes they were going to struggle. That's ok though. Yall won 8 games with limited depth and one talented grade. I would take it.

How are the younger CF fb teams this year?  JV, 9th, 8th, 7th?

We have speed as usual but don't have much size. That's the reason we need to run a true spread offense. To get our athletes the ball in space so we won't have to rely on our offensive linemen.
You cant run a spread offense if you know nothing about it

Sounds like someone or someone's need to go get some info or steal a playbook or something. Or better yet hire an offensive coordinator that runs the spread or knows how to run the spread. Oops my bad, we had one but let him get away.

spongebob

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on December 01, 2014, 11:10:23 am
Quote from: spongebob on December 01, 2014, 11:05:50 am
Quote from: Youngsta71701 on December 01, 2014, 11:02:16 am
Quote from: Loyalfan1 on December 01, 2014, 10:55:16 am
Have you Camden people taken into consideration that it could be a talent cycle?
In my opinion, there is a lot more talent graduating than coming back next year.

In all respect, Camden was so good when they had solid Defensive and Offensive lines. This year, I did not see that like in the previous years. They were good, but they were better in the several years past.

So what is the Camden faithful griping about? If you agree talent comes in cycles and that every year won't be a 10-11 win season?

One thing that CF had during those great years were DEPTH. Did those seniors have quality behind them? The years yall played in the state title games and the one you guys won, you guys were loaded from 9th to 12th. If those guys were all yall had, then yes they were going to struggle. That's ok though. Yall won 8 games with limited depth and one talented grade. I would take it.

How are the younger CF fb teams this year?  JV, 9th, 8th, 7th?

We have speed as usual but don't have much size. That's the reason we need to run a true spread offense. To get our athletes the ball in space so we won't have to rely on our offensive linemen.
You cant run a spread offense if you know nothing about it

Sounds like someone or someone's need to go get some info or steal a playbook or something. Or better yet hire an offensive coordinator that knows how to run the spread. Oops my bad, we had one but let him get away.

Ha ha good one!

spongebob

Quote from: AirWarren on December 01, 2014, 11:08:25 am
Quote from: spongebob on December 01, 2014, 11:02:40 am

You never answered my highlighted question. Why is CF going to win under the current coaching staff?

That I cannot predict. It will all be up to kids buying into the system that Cox has. If not, he will be gone and the coaching death carousel will hit CF. And I would hate for that to happen. A coach cannot come into a team and in ONE YEAR turn it into a state title team overnight. I think I know two coaches in our division that did that. (Bo Hembree, Billy Dawson). Cox has a huge winning record at Bearden and he won at Hamburg. I think he knows how to coach.

It will all come down to personnel, talent cycles, and depth for a 5A team. If that isn't the answer your're looking for, then I guess I will never persuade you.
I think you can win with his offense at Bearden and possibly Hamburg though he wasn't there long enough to test the theory. Can you win with a one dimensional offense in 5A? Other than PA, and they are a freak...most teams 5A and up are good at mixing it up.

spongebob

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 01, 2014, 11:08:06 am
Quote from: spongebob on December 01, 2014, 10:46:35 am
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 01, 2014, 10:44:53 am
Even when its talent was in an up cycle, it still had to overcome the coaching.

Only once did it do this.
Being in the semis or finals every year sure beats a first round exit. Wynne should know

Four, soon to be five state titles renders that opinion moot.  Fairview wouldn't know.
You won't get one this year if that's what you are referring to and did they play with leather helmets the last time Wynne won one?

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: spongebob on December 01, 2014, 11:53:07 am

You won't get one this year if that's what you are referring to and did they play with leather helmets the last time Wynne won one?

Perhaps, perhaps not.  The game will be outlawed before Fairview wins another.

spongebob

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 01, 2014, 11:55:11 am
Quote from: spongebob on December 01, 2014, 11:53:07 am

Perhaps, perhaps not.  The game will be outlawed before Fairview wins another.
With current coaching staff I agree

CF came up there in 2012. What happened? I forget who was coaching CF that night? Do you remember?

AirWarren

Quote from: spongebob on December 01, 2014, 11:18:06 am
Quote from: AirWarren on December 01, 2014, 11:08:25 am
Quote from: spongebob on December 01, 2014, 11:02:40 am

You never answered my highlighted question. Why is CF going to win under the current coaching staff?

That I cannot predict. It will all be up to kids buying into the system that Cox has. If not, he will be gone and the coaching death carousel will hit CF. And I would hate for that to happen. A coach cannot come into a team and in ONE YEAR turn it into a state title team overnight. I think I know two coaches in our division that did that. (Bo Hembree, Billy Dawson). Cox has a huge winning record at Bearden and he won at Hamburg. I think he knows how to coach.

It will all come down to personnel, talent cycles, and depth for a 5A team. If that isn't the answer your're looking for, then I guess I will never persuade you.
I think you can win with his offense at Bearden and possibly Hamburg though he wasn't there long enough to test the theory. Can you win with a one dimensional offense in 5A? Other than PA, and they are a freak...most teams 5A and up are good at mixing it up.
Personnel. All comes down to depth and skill players.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: spongebob on December 01, 2014, 11:57:36 am
What happened? I forget who was coaching CF that night? Do you remember?

Sure, I remember.

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 01, 2014, 10:44:53 am
Even when its talent was in an up cycle, it still had to overcome the coaching.

Only once did it do this.

Temprees

No its not that.  Talent goes and comes annually.  CF generally loses 24-29 seniors each year, with about 8-12 of those being starters.  There have always been adequate replacements.  An exceptions to that was in 2007, when CF lost 28 seniors to graduation, 21 of which were starters, and most of those were 2 year starters.   The next year (2008) CF finished with a 5-6 record because of the across the board in-experience.

Adequate replacements have always been there except for 2008.  Even then, replacements were there, but they had not been developed adequately.  As the personnel changed from year to year, the staff was very good at adjusting the offense and defense to the personnel.  CF also had a great strength and conditioning program that had players ready to step in and produce.  Due to that program, CF had very few injuries (that resulted in players missing games).  This season (2014) CF had more players to miss games due to injuries than had occurred in the previous 5 seasons combined. 

I said all of that to say this, Its not the talent cycle.  There was a lot of talent on the 2014 team.

spongebob

Quote from: Temprees on December 02, 2014, 06:21:17 pm
No its not that.  Talent goes and comes annually.  CF generally loses 24-29 seniors each year, with about 8-12 of those being starters.  There have always been adequate replacements.  An exceptions to that was in 2007, when CF lost 28 seniors to graduation, 21 of which were starters, and most of those were 2 year starters.   The next year (2008) CF finished with a 5-6 record because of the across the board in-experience.

Adequate replacements have always been there except for 2008.  Even then, replacements were there, but they had not been developed adequately.  As the personnel changed from year to year, the staff was very good at adjusting the offense and defense to the personnel.  CF also had a great strength and conditioning program that had players ready to step in and produce.  Due to that program, CF had very few injuries (that resulted in players missing games).  This season (2014) CF had more players to miss games due to injuries than had occurred in the previous 5 seasons combined. 

I said all of that to say this, Its not the talent cycle.  There was a lot of talent on the 2014 team.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

browning_gold_12

Quote from: spongebob on December 02, 2014, 07:37:12 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And a lot of it was on the sidelines... When you have numerous talented kids, you don't play with only 16 or 17...

Redbird88

Quote from: browning_gold_12 on December 03, 2014, 04:20:43 pm
Quote from: spongebob on December 02, 2014, 07:37:12 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And a lot of it was on the sidelines... When you have numerous talented kids, you don't play with only 16 or 17...
+1

AirWarren

December 03, 2014, 04:49:53 pm #62 Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 04:51:46 pm by AirWarren

Talented enough to beat PA, Wynne, Batesville, etc this year? You guys act like you won one game, haha. You guys lost to Eldorado, an above average Magnolia team, a WAY above average hot springs team, and PA. Not too too bad. Especially not having the SAME kind of talent yall had for those 4-5 years.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: AirWarren on December 03, 2014, 04:49:53 pm

Talented enough to beat PA, Wynne, Batesville, etc this year? You guys act like you won one game, haha. You guys lost to Eldorado, an above average Magnolia team, a WAY above average hot springs team, and PA. Not too too bad. Especially not having the SAME kind of talent yall had for those 4-5 years.

Yeah, I agree. Not to bad. But you have to be at the games and see them for yourself to know what we're talking about.

wing

AW, very well said. Yes, I question some things that happened this year which includes play calling and who was on the sidelines when they should have been playing, but I can also question some things that happened during the CBJ years as well.  Easy to question things from the stands and after the fact. Just wish (some) CF fans would step back for a second. I want better than 8-4 too, but that's not a bad year. Enjoyed watching this Sr. class play for the last three years regardless of who the coach was. They played with a lot of heart. Proud of them. Go Cards!

Temprees

December 03, 2014, 08:56:48 pm #65 Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 09:06:30 pm by Temprees

You are correct, CF lost to El Dorado.  That was the first game of the season.  El Dorado led 21-0 mid-way through the 2nd quarter, by primarily running the football between the tackles against CF's 3 man front.  CF's offense struggled, as it did, for most of the season.  CF got a score late in the 2nd quarter to leave a half time score of El Dorado 21, CF 7.  In the 2nd half, CF changed to a 4 man front, and El Dorado struggled to move the ball, the rest of the game.  CF got the ball and scored 1st in the 2nd half to cut the lead to 21-14.  El Dorado scored on its first possession of the 2nd half when they hit a play action pass on their 2nd play of the 2nd half.  CF safety came up to play the run (as El Dorado had been doing the first half), and the QB hit a wide open receiver for the touchdown.  El Dorado  28-14.  The rest of the game, El Dorado struggled to move the ball by running or passing.  The 4 man front stopped El Dorado's offense.  CF scored again (28-21), and threatened a couple of more times, but turned the ball over.

Here is the point that's note worthy.  The 4-man front stopped El Dorado.  CF had run a 4-3 defense in 2013.  CF returned two very good DL starters, from 2013, and another defensive lineman who got a lot of playing time.  The top 5 linebackers from 2013 graduated.  CF returned only 1 linebacker who had ANY experience.  It was a big mistake to go to a defense that required 4 linebackers when you only had one with ANY experience.  In the secondary, CF returned its starting CBs, and returned a backup safety, who started some games in 2013.  (It was the new safety that got beat on the play action pass.) 

In my opinion, CF wins the El Dorado game, had they started with a 4-man front. 

In the PA game, CF's defense stopped PA on their first three possessions.  At the end of the first quarter CF led 6-0.  PA scored 3 TDs in the 2nd quarter to lead 22-6 at the half.  CF's offense continued to struggle in the 2nd and 3rd Quarter, while CF's defense played well.  The defense got tired.  With about 3 minutes left in the 3rd Quarter, the score remained 22-6.  PA got a TD inside of that last 3 minutes of the third to lead 30-6 at the start of the 4th Quarter.  PA Scored 2 more TDs in the 4th Quarter against a tired CF defense.  CF's offense didn't do much in this game, it (the offense) was just too simple, against PA and throughout the season.  Only LR Fair scored fewer points than CF against PA all season. CF scored 6 and Fair scored 0.

Magnolia (4-6 overall) and (2-5 in conference), had one shut-out on the season, and that was against CF.  The final in that game was CF 0, Magnolia 29.  DeQueen beat Magnolia 21-20, for DeQueen's first win in 19 games going back to 2012.

To answer your question, yes the talent was there to compete with PA, Wynne and Batesville.  CF didn't always have the SAME kind of talent in all of those years.  It was always necessary to adjust things to fit the talent, year to year. 

AirWarren

I'm a fan of south Arkansas football. Imo, the only real football in the state. I want coach cox to succeed as well as the cardinals. I hope we can match up again when we aren't injured!

Loyalfan1

Quote from: AirWarren on December 03, 2014, 09:37:43 pm
I'm a fan of south Arkansas football. Imo, the only real football in the state. I want coach cox to succeed as well as the cardinals. I hope we can match up again when we aren't injured!

I gotta agree.  Love South Ark football.  Cox is a good Coach.  Lot of transition this year.

Youngsta71701

December 04, 2014, 09:48:15 am #68 Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 07:12:08 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: Loyalfan1 on December 04, 2014, 09:23:46 am

I gotta agree.  Love South Ark football.  Cox is a good Coach.  Lot of transition this year.

Well he might need to hire an offensive coordinator because he might be in over his head in the 5A. That run left, run right, run up the middle's not going to work in the 5A and above. Unless we have Hot Springs, Beebe, or Cabot type offensive linemen. Which we don't.

spongebob

December 04, 2014, 07:34:55 pm #69 Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 07:14:38 am by spongebob
Quote from: Youngsta71701 on December 04, 2014, 09:48:15 am
Quote from: Loyalfan1 on December 04, 2014, 09:23:46 am

Well he might need hire an offensive coordinator because he might be in over his head in the 5A. That run left, run right, run up the middle's not going to work in the 5A and above. Unless we have Hot Springs, Beebe, or Cabot type offensive linemen. Which we don't.
Or unless CF can play Hope every week :)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas