• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batesville at P.A.

Started by Intelligentsia, November 21, 2014, 11:36:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PercussionMan

Quote from: Jock on November 28, 2014, 10:19:28 pm

Before that injury, Batesville had the momentum and was about to score and make it a 3pt game.  Crawford literally ran right over 2 PA players and flattened them like pancakes. 

I didn't have a dog in the fight, but I predicted earlier in the week that Batesville's run of consecutive appearances in LR would end and that PA would win because they are the better TEAM...Batesville seems to have some talented skill position players but not as good of a team overall as PA this year (not to mention the fact that PA's defense is much better than last year).  As far as Crawford getting hurt, it's very unfortunate...the kid is a great athlete; however, I was watching this game online, and I did not see him "literally run over 2 PA players" or "flatten them like pancakes".  What I did see was Crawford almost getting tackled around the line of scrimmage and well short of the first down, only to barely squirm away from those 2 players and pick up the first down before hitting the wall.  That being said, obviously his injury caused Batesville to highly decrease their scoring chances, but I still don't think they would have won.  You don't win against PA with them recovering as many of the onside kicks as they did...a short field for them was resulting in too many scoring opportunities...and on the other side, Batesville didn't score enough with the short field like they needed to. 

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: football nut on November 29, 2014, 08:49:45 am
Quote from: football3223 on November 29, 2014, 08:42:51 am
All I can say about the stadium is had concerns prior to the game, and if you are a receiver having not played on that field and been aware of that wall and a ball is thrown on the sideline for you to go get it in full stride it's hard to stop that momentum let alone be aware of the wall if you looking to catch the ball. Not making any excuses a loss is a loss but for those who thought the game was sealed shut before Kenton got hurt I disagree, but that's just my opinion. Otherwise great season for a Batesville team who everyone thought would have a down year. Goodluck to PA and Wynne both at the State Championship game.
Glad the kid is ok.
Great Batesville team as well.
If you put them in the 5A central they would be a very solid 4th place team.
Strongly disagree with this. Batesville is the 2nd best team PA played all year. They aren't on HP's level, but they are better than Beebe, Sylvan Hills, Warren. Well coached too.

It was a shame about the injury to the QB. I'm very glad he's better today. With all that said, blaming the field, the refs and some of the other excuses I've heard as the reason for the outcome really diminishes the PA players. All week the talk on this board was of 2012 and how PA couldn't handle the physicalality of Batesville. Yet PA was the most physical team last night. If these teams play 10 times, PA wins 8.

football nut

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on November 29, 2014, 09:02:25 am
All I can say about the stadium is had concerns prior to the game, and if you are a receiver having not played on that field and been aware of that wall and a ball is thrown on the sideline for you to go get it in full stride it's hard to stop that momentum let alone be aware of the wall if you looking to catch the ball. Not making any excuses a loss is a loss but for those who thought the game was sealed shut before Kenton got hurt I disagree, but that's just my opinion. Otherwise great season for a Batesville team who everyone thought would have a down year. Goodluck to PA and Wynne both at the State Championship game.
Glad the kid is ok.
Strongly disagree with this. Batesville is the 2nd best team PA played all year. They aren't on HP's level, but they are better than Beebe, Sylvan Hills, Warren. Well coached too.

It was a shame about the injury to the QB. I'm very glad he's better today. With all that said, blaming the field, the refs and some of the other excuses I've heard as the reason for the outcome really diminishes the PA players. All week the talk on this board was of 2012 and how PA couldn't handle the physicalality of Batesville. Yet PA was the most physical team last night. If these teams play 10 times, PA wins 8.
Batesville had real trouble with Jacksonville at home. Beebe is much better and Sylvan Hills (with Tre Doss) would have beat them.
Of course its all opinion, but I would take Beebe or Sylvan Hills over Batesville anytime.
Big "shout out" to all the SH players and fans that were in attendance last night. Thanks for supporting the team. You guys are a class act!

JacketDad

Glad the kid is ok.
That has got to be one of the most idiotic statements I had seen on FF.  Your central #2 couldn't beat east #2 so what makes you think Batesville would finish 4th in the central?

football nut

Quote from: JacketDad on November 29, 2014, 09:25:10 am
Glad the kid is ok.
That has got to be one of the most idiotic statements I had seen on FF.  Your central #2 couldn't beat east #2 so what makes you think Batesville would finish 4th in the central?
You clearly did not read all the Batesville smack for the last couple of weeks. Just having fun giving some back.
This is entertainment!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: JacketDad on November 29, 2014, 09:25:10 am
Glad the kid is ok.

Good cush and alcohol...lol

The_Pioneer

He's just a troll trying to stir us up.  Ignore his drivel.

football nut

November 29, 2014, 10:09:10 am #307 Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 10:47:04 am by football nut
Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 29, 2014, 10:01:33 am
The role of troll is starting to grow on me. There is something uniquely interesting about grown men using silly names, posting ridiculous comments about high school football sports. Amazed at how many of these folks take all the seriously.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: football nut on November 29, 2014, 01:28:50 am
Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 29, 2014, 12:59:18 am
Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on November 29, 2014, 12:10:26 am
I will preface this with my thoughts are with #5, he is a tremendous athlete.  I heard some good news on him before I left the stadium tonight.  Just so everyone knows who is complaining about the unsafe wall....while it is close, it is not outside of guidelines.  On top of this, each officiating crew walks the field and approves the safety of the playing field prior to each game.

Completely biased indeed.  The field is unsafe for players and for visitors forced to stand in the sidelines.  We don't know what the outcome would have been without the injury, but the QB just gained a first down at the 20 with Batesville moving the ball when the QB was hurt.  A score there would have made it a 3 point game.  Don't pretend for even a minute that you know the ultimate result of the game without the injury.  Odds were with P.A. for a win, but we will never know what might have been without the the negligence of the AAA, referees, and P.A. for not providing a safe playing venue - something I said in 2012, as well.  Completely biased indeed!  Now that's my last rant, may the best team win next week - two great programs and deserving to be in the finals.  Finally, I will commend the P.A. fans, players, and coaches for the respect and concern shown while the QB was being tended to, and for their politeness to the Batesville fans.
Here is the deal: You could not be more wrong. The final score is the final score. I understand the kid is fine and that is a good thing. But it is absolute nonsense to believe the outcome would have been anything other than a loss for Batesville.
Batesville has not won a state championship in over a decade and the reality is your victory over PA in 2012 was the absolute crown jewel of your program in the last 11 years. If you don't believe me read your own post. Before your QB was hurt PA dominated the Pioneers. PA was more physical, faster and played smarter. One of your poster's says the ref's were bought, you claim the wall beat you, tomorrow it will be some other ridiculous excuse related to something other than getting beat by a much better team. The best athletes on the field tonight were dressed in blue.
I expected nothing less than for the Batesville folks to come up with a crazy reason for a loss.
If you want speculation, I got some for you: had Kelley not put in the JV with 6 minutes to go you would have been mercy ruled.
As a side bar: a few of the PA players read your post today and I believe it gave them some motivation. I give you credit for the first touchdown. Thanks for the help.
Have a great basketball season.
Your right intelligentsia....no one knows for sure who would have won if Crawford hadn't went down....that kid is a game changer..I understand that the game was close until that point!

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: #1jacketfan on November 29, 2014, 10:30:12 am
Quote from: football nut on November 29, 2014, 01:28:50 am
Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 29, 2014, 12:59:18 am
Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on November 29, 2014, 12:10:26 am
I will preface this with my thoughts are with #5, he is a tremendous athlete.  I heard some good news on him before I left the stadium tonight.  Just so everyone knows who is complaining about the unsafe wall....while it is close, it is not outside of guidelines.  On top of this, each officiating crew walks the field and approves the safety of the playing field prior to each game.

Completely biased indeed.  The field is unsafe for players and for visitors forced to stand in the sidelines.  We don't know what the outcome would have been without the injury, but the QB just gained a first down at the 20 with Batesville moving the ball when the QB was hurt.  A score there would have made it a 3 point game.  Don't pretend for even a minute that you know the ultimate result of the game without the injury.  Odds were with P.A. for a win, but we will never know what might have been without the the negligence of the AAA, referees, and P.A. for not providing a safe playing venue - something I said in 2012, as well.  Completely biased indeed!  Now that's my last rant, may the best team win next week - two great programs and deserving to be in the finals.  Finally, I will commend the P.A. Yfans, players, and coaches for the respect and concern shown while the QB was being tended to, and for their politeness to the Batesville fans.
Here is the deal: You could not be more wrong. The final score is the final score. I understand the kid is fine and that is a good thing. But it is absolute nonsense to believe the outcome would have been anything other than a loss for Batesville.
Batesville has not won a state championship in over a decade and the reality is your victory over PA in 2012 was the absolute crown jewel of your program in the last 11 years. If you don't believe me read your own post. Before your QB was hurt PA dominated the Pioneers. PA was more physical, faster and played smarter. One of your poster's says the ref's were bought, you claim the wall beat you, tomorrow it will be some other ridiculous excuse related to something other than getting beat by a much better team. The best athletes on the field tonight were dressed in blue.
I expected nothing less than for the Batesville folks to come up with a crazy reason for a loss.
If you want speculation, I got some for you: had Kelley not put in the JV with 6 minutes to go you would have been mercy ruled.
As a side bar: a few of the PA players read your post today and I believe it gave them some motivation. I give you credit for the first touchdown. Thanks for the help.
Have a great basketball season.
Your right intelligentsia....no one knows for sure who would have won if Crawford hadn't went down....that kid is a game changer..I understand that the game was close until that point!
Whatever helps Batesville get through the winter. Hefley had 500 yards passing and didnt play half the 4th quarter. However many points were needed last night, PA was going to
Score them.

The_Pioneer

Quote from: football nut on November 29, 2014, 10:09:10 am
The roll of troll is starting to grow on me. There is something uniquely interesting about grown men using silly names, posting ridiculous comments about high school football sports. Amazed at how many of these folks take all the seriously.

Well, thanks for stopping by.

Jock

Quote from: PercussionMan on November 29, 2014, 08:53:20 am
Quote from: Jock on November 28, 2014, 10:19:28 pm

Before that injury, Batesville had the momentum and was about to score and make it a 3pt game.  Crawford literally ran right over 2 PA players and flattened them like pancakes. 

I didn't have a dog in the fight, but I predicted earlier in the week that Batesville's run of consecutive appearances in LR would end and that PA would win because they are the better TEAM...Batesville seems to have some talented skill position players but not as good of a team overall as PA this year (not to mention the fact that PA's defense is much better than last year).  As far as Crawford getting hurt, it's very unfortunate...the kid is a great athlete; however, I was watching this game online, and I did not see him "literally run over 2 PA players" or "flatten them like pancakes".  What I did see was Crawford almost getting tackled around the line of scrimmage and well short of the first down, only to barely squirm away from those 2 players and pick up the first down before hitting the wall.  That being said, obviously his injury caused Batesville to highly decrease their scoring chances, but I still don't think they would have won.  You don't win against PA with them recovering as many of the onside kicks as they did...a short field for them was resulting in too many scoring opportunities...and on the other side, Batesville didn't score enough with the short field like they needed to.

Correction to my post Percussion:  the play where Crawford ran head on and OVER two PA defenders was in the first half, at about the 25, near the Batesville side. I guess my point was he was THE dominant player on the field up to the point of injury....playing both sides of the ball, intercepting passes, and getting more yards after contact than any player on the field. I've never met the kid, and don't have a dog in the hunt, that's just my opinion. PA clearly had a greater number of skill players and probly the "overall" better team

football nut

Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 29, 2014, 10:46:11 am
Quote from: football nut on November 29, 2014, 10:09:10 am
The roll of troll is starting to grow on me. There is something uniquely interesting about grown men using silly names, posting ridiculous comments about high school football sports. Amazed at how many of these folks take all the seriously.

Well, thanks for stopping by.
Your welcome! Keep thinking how great 2012 was. It will get you through a tough winter.

The_Pioneer

Only if you open an English textbook and study it this winter. 

NeverQuit

We could all play the "what if" game for days, but that's not productive. The fact is, PA played great last night. PA has a great team. Batesville, Wynne and Beebe also have great teams, and anyone who comes on here and posts smack the day after the semis needs to examine themselves. Losing Crawford definitely impacted the outcome of the PA/BHS game. He's a play-maker. He's a leader. But we will never know. Good luck to PA and Wynne next week - should be a great game. Now quit putting down high school kids and go support your favorite team next week.

football nut

November 29, 2014, 11:09:24 am #315 Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 11:14:41 am by football nut
Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 29, 2014, 11:07:38 am
Maybe I graduated from Batesville!
Typing on an iphone is hard!

#1jacketfan

PA talked all that same smack last year......u just gotta over look simple minded people!

PA Dad

I understand the frustration of the Batesville fans.  It's tough to lose a game when your best player is injured.  I also understand the concern about the field.  Even if it complies with regulations, the wall is a hazard and should be removed or at least padded.

I think the score would have been closer and the game more competitive without the injury.  But, we'll never know that.  Speculating about that may make Batesville fans feel better about the game, and that is fine.  But, my view is that PA was outplaying Batesville before the injury and probably would have won the game regardless.  Hefley had 500 yards passing.  Hastings had 256 yards receiving.  Most of those yards were gained before the injury.  PA was going to continue scoring regardless.  And the PA defense was dominant.

It's sad to say, but injuries are part of the game.  I sure wish they were not, but they always will be.

Great year for Batesville.  I'm sure we'll see you again next year.

PercussionMan

+1

football nut

Quote from: PercussionMan on November 29, 2014, 12:51:36 pm

+1
I do love this board!
PA 42 Mark Martinsville 25!
No spelling required!

The_Pioneer

Awww, isn't that sweet.  Trying to smack talk me with a high school football score.

football nut

Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 25, 2014, 03:19:59 pm
The Wynne Excuse Matrix is hard at work.
Great quote here.
Should we strike Wynn?
You have so many more great quotes I can't wait to talk about.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 29, 2014, 01:24:05 pm
Awww, isn't that sweet.  Trying to smack talk me with a high school football score.
Would you rather compare each school's number of national merit scholars?

The_Pioneer

How about illiterate posters?

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 29, 2014, 02:19:03 pm
At this point I'm going to start thinking about the state championship game and leave field talk, spelling talk and "what if" talk to those school's whose season has ended.

The_Pioneer

said the "Red Devil Alum".....

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 29, 2014, 03:07:22 pm
said the "Red Devil Alum".....
Yep. Some of us leave their hometown and have kids at different schools than where they went.

HeberFan

PA won the first half with Batesville at full strength. PA played very sloppy football in the first half, as well.  Like I said all last week, PA is far superior to Batesville

football nut

OK, you got me. After 2 martini's and staying up till 3 am with 6 boys, my nephew, his wife and 2 kids I failed to properly utilize my literary skills. For this I apologize. I will do a much better job of drafting my comments going forward.
This however will do nothing to change the beating your team took.
Have a great weekend!

MDXPHD

Quote from: football nut on November 29, 2014, 03:40:04 pm
OK, you got me. After 2 martini's and staying up till 3 am with 6 boys, my nephew, his wife and 2 kids I failed to properly utilize my literary skills. For this I apologize. I will do a much better job of drafting my comments going forward.
Have a great weekend!

Martini's should not have an apostrophe because it's plural. It should be martinis. I could fix several other problems with your post, but I feel like the lone problem mentioned is the most important for your future. 

DogsWin7

DogsWin7

@football nut......I'm a troll too :)

football nut

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 29, 2014, 06:19:12 pm
@football nut......I'm a troll too :)
It really is fun!
Good luck buddy!

football nut

November 29, 2014, 06:44:18 pm #333 Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 06:49:25 pm by football nut
Quote from: MDXPHD on November 29, 2014, 06:16:13 pm
Have a great weekend!
[/quote

Martini's should not have an apostrophe because it's plural. It should be martinis. I could fix several other problems with your post, but I feel like the lone problem mentioned is the most important for your future.
Your wrong because they were both doubles.
Glad to see you are an english major because you struggle with picking winning football teams.

football nut

MDXPHD

Quote from: football nut on November 29, 2014, 06:44:18 pm
Have a great weekend!
It's good that you are an English major cause you certainly don't know anything about winning football.

You're very skilled at using the quote feature on this forum. Unfortunately, I'm not an English major. I just have a decent education from a decent school. 

PhotoDoc

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 28, 2014, 09:23:17 pm
Would have been interesting had the wall not ended that drive and our QB's night.  Will I blame the wall for the loss - you betcha.  If the AAA allows play on this field next year, shame on them.
If AAA allows play for the championships on War Memorial Stadium's field will you also say, "Shame on them?"  The wall is just as close to the field there as it is at P.A., if not closer.  I've attached a link to a photo that will attest to this fact.

http://www.clogstonsclicks.com/Sports/Football/2008-Football-Jamboree/5807222_wV7XST#!i=359796809&k=xLqBnDQ&lb=1&s=A/

MDXPHD

Glad to see you are an english major because you struggle with picking winning football teams.

There is nothing more pitiful than an uneducated troll.  Even your edits are full of mistakes.

DogsWin7

DogsWin7

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 29, 2014, 07:01:57 pm

There is nothing more pitiful than an uneducated troll.  Even your edits are full of mistakes.

Do you think it's possible he can learn the true art of intelligent trolling Mr. PhD?   :)

MDXPHD

Quote from: PhotoDoc on November 29, 2014, 06:59:44 pm
Would have been interesting had the wall not ended that drive and our QB's night.  Will I blame the wall for the loss - you betcha.  If the AAA allows play on this field next year, shame on them.
If AAA allows play for the championships on War Memorial Stadium's field will you also say, "Shame on them?"  The wall is just as close to the field there as it is at P.A., if not closer.  I've attached a link to a photo that will attest to this fact.

http://www.clogstonsclicks.com/Sports/Football/2008-Football-Jamboree/5807222_wV7XST#!i=359796809&k=xLqBnDQ&lb=1&s=A/

I agree that it's just as close.  For the safety of the players, I think that it should be changed.  War Memorial was designed a long time ago, but I'm not sure when those walls were put up.  The championships should be played at UCA.

MDXPHD

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 29, 2014, 07:05:21 pm
Quote from: MDXPHD on November 29, 2014, 07:01:57 pm

Do you think it's possible he can learn the true art of intelligent trolling Mr. PhD?   :)

Lol, only if he reads the 6A boards!

football nut

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 29, 2014, 06:57:48 pm
Have a great weekend!
It's good that you are an English major cause you certainly don't know anything about winning football.

You're very skilled at using the quote feature on this forum. Unfortunately, I'm not an English major. I just have a decent education from a decent school.
It's good that you crawled out from under your rock to discuss my English skills. All the wonderful attacks will still not cover up the beating Batesville took last night.
Purchased officials, small stadiums and grammatical laziness seem to be a focus of our good friends in Batesville. The excuse matrix is in full play today.
Remember that score 42-25!

football nut

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 29, 2014, 07:05:54 pm

I agree that it's just as close.  For the safety of the players, I think that it should be changed.  War Memorial was designed a long time ago, but I'm not sure when those walls were put up.  The championships should be played at UCA.
You need not worry yourself with Championship games.

Maynard G Krebs

Only 2 martinis?   Lightweight😉. Or perhaps they were strong with just a splash of vermouth!

MDXPHD

Quote from: football nut on November 29, 2014, 07:07:38 pm
It's good that you crawled out from under your rock to discuss my English skills. All the wonderful attacks will still not cover up the beating Batesville took last night.
Purchased officials, small stadiums and grammatical laziness seem to be a focus of our good friends in Batesville. The excuse matrix is in full play today.

I didn't make an excuse. PA was and is the better team. They were fun to watch. PA had very classy fans and I enjoyed the environment. Unfortunately for PA, they have fans like you on the message boards that ruin the respect we all have for them. It's like you came from Shiloh.

Also, one more point for me to make before I move on. You told Batesville to move onto basketball season. If you knew anything about Batesville, then you would know Batesville doesn't move onto basketball season; they go to offseason football. They win 2-4 games per year in basketball lol.

Maynard G Krebs

November 29, 2014, 07:24:55 pm #347 Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 07:27:07 pm by Maynard G Krebs
Quote from: MDXPHD on November 29, 2014, 07:05:54 pm

Playing the game at UCA could be more dangerous.  Looking at that purple striped field has been known to induce seizures. 😃

football nut

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 29, 2014, 07:14:40 pm
Quote from: football nut on November 29, 2014, 07:07:38 pm

I didn't make an excuse. PA was and is the better team. They were fun to watch. PA had very classy fans and I enjoyed the environment. Unfortunately for PA, they have fans like you on the message boards that ruin the respect we all have for them. It's like you came from Shiloh.

Also, one more point for me to make before I move on. You told Batesville to move onto basketball season. If you knew anything about Batesville, then you would know Batesville doesn't move onto basketball season; they go to offseason football. They win 2-4 games per year in basketball lol.
Glad to see you are admitting the obvious related to the better team. i have no respect for Batesville for several reasons. I hope that shows.
i find most Batesville fans that post here act exactly as I have. Giving back for a day is most entertaining.

football nut

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 29, 2014, 07:14:16 pm
Only 2 martinis?   Lightweight😉. Or perhaps they were strong with just a splash of vermouth!
Monkey 47 with 47 different botanicals.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas