• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenbrier vs Batesville

Started by The_Pioneer, November 15, 2014, 07:25:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Rockhounds x2 on November 18, 2014, 09:44:22 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but how does GB get to 31 on 5 TDs and failed conversions??

Five touchdowns, five failed conversions...and a one point safety.

Which I'm not sure is even legal in high school.  Seen it happen in a Texas-Texas A&M game once.

InYoGrill

InYoGrill:

GB 31 ( 5 td's but no xp's because they have no one that knows how to kick a ball and they go for 2 every score with the blind behind the back throw over the shoulder 2 pt try conversion failure each time- no joke)
Batesville 30

Apologize, I've re thought my prediction. B wins because I don't want them but at least they have a KICKER that will make all xp
s and some fg's. Unlike Briar cause they play by 7on7 rules and don't know how a kicker is used in the game of football. Pathetic!

Correct me if I'm wrong but how does GB get to 31 on 5 TDs and failed conversions??

LOL! Rockhound, I threw that madeup 31 because with Briar's unconventional pt after methods, you never know what kind of score will end up.

pantherblue

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 19, 2014, 08:08:26 am
InYoGrill:

GB 31 ( 5 td's but no xp's because they have no one that knows how to kick a ball and they go for 2 every score with the blind behind the back throw over the shoulder 2 pt try conversion failure each time- no joke)
Batesville 30

Apologize, I've re thought my prediction. B wins because I don't want them but at least they have a KICKER that will make all xp
s and some fg's. Unlike Briar cause they play by 7on7 rules and don't know how a kicker is used in the game of football. Pathetic!

LOL! Rockhound, I threw that madeup 31 because with Briar's unconventional pt after methods, you never know what kind of score will end up.

Now you are catching on...  That's the plan!!!   :D

SWAT524

pantherblue

michael2370

I do not see Batesville giving up 5 touchdown maybe 3

pantherblue

It's not supposed to be seen beforehand.

The_Pioneer

Batesville owns so much of GB they should have to pay property taxes. 

Batesville 31
GB 17

pantherblue

Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 19, 2014, 04:29:27 pm
Batesville owns so much of GB they should have to pay property taxes. 

Batesville 31
GB 17

So did Watson Chapel and you see how that went..  LOL

The_Pioneer

You played Chapel?  Who knew? 

Intelligentsia

Pantherblue, will you make it to Batesville Friday?  If so, I'll treat you to a Frito pie - the personal favorite of our public address announcer / AHTD Resident Engineer:). It should be a close game with Batesville pulling out a 6 point win, compliments of our main man Ozvaldo!!

pantherblue

I would love to but have a date with my daughter to see the opening of the Hunger Games Mockinjay movie.  LOL

MDXPHD

Quote from: pantherblue on November 19, 2014, 05:41:39 pm
I would love to but have a date with my daughter to see the opening of the Hunger Games Mockinjay movie.  LOL

That sounds like a better way to spend your Friday night.  You have the rest of your life for football!

michael2370

Other than Jonesboro and Wynne Batesville has not given up more than 14 points all year to any one team.  31 loss to Jonesboro .  28 win to Wynne.  Batesville rolls.

Batesville   38
Greenbrier 14

Intelligentsia

Quote from: pantherblue on November 19, 2014, 05:41:39 pm

No brainer there!  Love spending time with our babies:).

NeverQuit

It hasn't been mentioned here yet, but the above posts really hit home for the Pioneers tonight. A Pioneer went into cardiac arrest today during practice. Thanks to the quick action of our coaching staff and athletic trainer, the young man's life was saved. He had a heart condition that had not been diagnosed until after he collapsed on the field. He was airlifted to Children's and is critical, but some hopeful signs are emerging. Hug your kids tonight and thank God for coaches and staff that keep them safe. Prayers for this young man and his family are coveted.

aswarmnearyou

Quote from: NeverQuit on November 19, 2014, 09:22:48 pm
It hasn't been mentioned here yet, but the above posts really hit home for the Pioneers tonight. A Pioneer went into cardiac arrest today during practice. Thanks to the quick action of our coaching staff and athletic trainer, the young man's life was saved. He had a heart condition that had not been diagnosed until after he collapsed on the field. He was airlifted to Children's and is critical, but some hopeful signs are emerging. Hug your kids tonight and thank God for coaches and staff that keep them safe. Prayers for this young man and his family are coveted.
Prayers from Wynne

DaOldRef

#1jacketfan

Quote from: NeverQuit on November 19, 2014, 09:22:48 pm
Praying for this young man and his family...keep us posted!

Mtnview_14

wing

pantherblue

Prayers from Pantherblue.  Hope the young man makes a full recovery. 

InYoGrill

Hoping for a full recovery, prayers from Vilonia. Life events put things in perspective at times.

PercussionMan

Prayers from Morrilton...reminds us all of what's really most important.

Pioneerman68

November 20, 2014, 11:19:25 am #74 Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 10:28:40 pm by Douglas
Great young man, can't say enough about our coaching staff and trainer and how quickly they responded. Sure does put everything in prospective when something like this happens , continued prayers for this player and his family.

Mod Edit: We do not want to identify the player, at all.

Overdahill

Uncle Ivan

If it was going to happen, it was good that it occurred right in front of everyone.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 20, 2014, 04:52:02 pm
If it was going to happen, it was good that it occurred right in front of everyone.

Very fortunate for the young man - our exceptional athletic trainer was close by and he and a coach took quick action while the ambulance was on the way.  The ambulance service is located just about a mile from the field, as is the hospital.  According to the Batesville Guard article, he is in stable condition at Children's Hospital; under sedation while they perform testing. 

Mtnview_14

Any updated on the players status?  Only good news I hope

Intelligentsia

Quote from: Mtnview_14 on November 20, 2014, 09:28:51 pm
Any updated on the players status?  Only good news I hope

Just saw a Facebook update quoting his father; making progress but not out of the woods yet.  Keep the prayers going for this young man and his family.

Rampage72501

The last information we have received is that the young man is improving, but still not completely out of the woods.

Please continue to lift the young man, his family, and all of Pioneer Nation up in prayer.

Douglas

Out of respect for the family, the team, the player himself AND HIPAA laws, please do not identify the player (by name or jersey number).  Thanks.

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

Thoughts and prayers from Maumelle.  That's a scary deal - hope he makes a full recovery.

JacketDad

Prayers from your Comrades from Wynne.

Pioneerman68

The young man is now breathing on his own and starting to blink his eye's !! continued prayers for him and his family

LFK

If want to watch the game how can we do that?

pioneerguru

Show up at pioneer stadium--lol

LFK

pioneerguru

I dont think they show it live--it is delayed and shown tomorrow at guardonline--i think

MDXPHD

Quote from: LFK on November 21, 2014, 03:23:25 pm
If want to watch the game how can we do that?

Last week, the game was streamed live.  I'm not sure if it will be tonight, but if it is, it's on highschoolcube.

Rampage72501

For those interested, our player who collapsed on Wednesday is awake and talking.  So grateful for answered prayers!

pantherblue

Quote from: Rampage72501 on November 21, 2014, 04:38:58 pm
For those interested, our player who collapsed on Wednesday is awake and talking.  So grateful for answered prayers!

This is awesome!!  Children's is a great place...  I know this first hand  ;)

The_Pioneer

Batesville has rushed for roughly 150 yards in the first quarter.  Gonna be a long night at this pace.  But a quick game.

Casual Observer

Is this game being streamed anywhere?

MDXPHD

Quote from: Casual Observer on November 21, 2014, 07:32:06 pm
Is this game being streamed anywhere?

Go to highschool cube and search for Batesville High.

Jayepea

I can't stand it anymore.... Boo Greenbrier boooo

Go Postal

I'm sorry PB, but IYG has proved his point.  I'm still trying to be unbiased, but a kicking special team can get points on the board.  I still don't understand why GB doesn't have a kicker after getting the West conference Champs in soccer for the last two years in a row. ???

Intelligentsia

GB boys played hard and that QB is a horse!  Maybe we can do it again next year.  I hope a GB poster will report on the young man who sustained a neck "stinger".   Good to be cautious with those injuries - always scary when the bring the ambulance out but good to see him moving arms and legs.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Go Postal on November 21, 2014, 10:34:01 pm
I'm sorry PB, but IYG has proved his point.  I'm still trying to be unbiased, but a kicking special team can get points on the board.  I still don't understand why GB doesn't have a kicker after getting the West conference Champs in soccer for the last two years in a row. ???

LOL! I was waiting for the right post to throw FLAMES on Briar for the 18 pts. No doubt, playing to win with that go go back flip clap 3 times and toss a hail mary or do a zip zag run. Laughable, 0-3. 0-5 last week. Gosh, get the 9th graders out there to kick that thing through the uprights. Join a 1on1 kicking league next summer like the 7on7 that briar plays from like May-Aug. LOL!

Intelligentsia

BTW, how about that 42 yard chip shot from OZ!  High, dead center, and it looked like it had 10+ yards to spare :). What fun it has been watching him kick the past several years, from 8th-12th grade.  BTW2 - his name was also in the local paper tonight in the BHS Honor Roll report All A's for Oz. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas